Frank38

Tricky? Did it combust or something? Or just not vaporize right?

No it didn't combust, but the cotton kept being too thick for any vapor to come out of it, due to heat not reaching the hash. Next time I'm gonna try pre-heating the hash to get it sticky before putting into the cotton, possibly smear it on, and then roll it into a thin short roll with the hash in the center. Obviously the cotton needs to be prepared for the procedure.

Come to think of it, one thing that might work is taking a cotton swab, removing the pin and inserting the hash there. Gonna try that too methinks :lol:
Better watch out for glue being used though... :doh:

Frank38,

OF

Aye, I'm familiar with it, as a guitar player I've had several guitars with flame maple used on the top, beautiful wood. I'm curious to see how MF is going to apply it.

And on a side note, I have a hard time using the acronym "MF".
For obvious reasons... :lol:

No apply about it, they use a solid block very similar to the stockers. Just really pretty wood. As I understand it such wood is 'quarter sawn' and therefore produces a fair number of fairly thin planks so the price is reasonable. When you get to several inches thick and want longer pieces, the price races up.

I understand your reluctance to abbreviate freely in mixed company. Here in California we have a lot of Mexican speakers. When I was young "Audios Mxxx Fxxxx" was a common expression (Audios being Spanish for 'so long' or 'good by'). AMF was a common thing to see on the back of low riders (lowered customized full size cars popular with some at the time). Years later American Machine and Foundry grew up to 'own' the bowling industry (world wide). "AMF" started to appear at the far end of bowling lanes everywhere. For years I'd cringe every time I saw it. Still doesn't seem right some how to have children's bowling parties there.....

Fast forward a lot of years and I was working in Saudi Arabia for a bit. 6 months and we were well past ready to leave. Several of us Yanks got to joking about "AMF". Along the lines of '12 more days and it's AMF for me'. Over time we realized this was ethnically incorrect, it should be "Masallama MF" (being Arabic for 'so long'). We corrected accordingly as the repeated joke got repeated. As the day got closer and closer for 3 of us going home together I decided this was my last tour anyway, why not? As we stood in line to board the plane I decided to go for it, my friends stood aside so I could board first and up I went. I swear I'm 3 guys from the top and this total stranger turns around at the top of the stairs, puts down his bag, raises his arms at at the top of his lungs (like a prayer call....) he shouts out "Massalllama Mother Fuxxers".....stole my thunder after I'd screwed up my courage and all. We caught up with the guy going through Customs in London. Fun guy, came from Texas, had been in the city for a few months on the other side. He and his buds had been joking the same way at the same time....no doubt for the same reasons. Fun world, this.

OF

Frank38

Cheers for the stories, OF, fun read! I'm not one to shy away from language, except when appropriate of course, so all I can say is that this Mxxxxx Fxxxxxx Launch Box rocks! Except for the whole battery thing, but I'm getting a mxxxxx fxxxxxx power adapter soon anyway :p

Frank38,

OF

Cheers for the stories, OF, fun read! I'm not one to shy away from language, except when appropriate of course, so all I can say is that this Mxxxxx Fxxxxxx Launch Box rocks! Except for the whole battery thing, but I'm getting a mxxxxx fxxxxxx power adapter soon anyway :p

For what I assume is not your native tongue, you've sure picked up the fine point of this funny language we pinched off the Brits a while back......

You're right about 'the box' of course. The PA makes it a different thing again.

Thanks and best regards,

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Guys... This is incredible. I went to my local headshop to take a peek at their water pipes... this guy was $35. For the tube, the diffused downstem, and a bowl. I think it's 14.4mm, I forgot to ask because I thought it was really worth the price. Nice glass, feels sturdy while still being small, locally blown, and it's $35. This is incredible, it takes my box to a whole new level. The only reason I decided to look for one was because I was talking to the main budtender at my favorite clinic and he mentioned that the J-1 was awesome out of a tube. It was then that I realized it was the next logical step. I need less now than I did before for pretty much everything. I almost can't believe that getting the power adapter and hopefully soon the concentrate adapter can possibly make this any better... Anyways, happy Friday ;)

opsJF.jpg

Edit: I forgot to tell you guys how I hooked this up to the box... The thing came with the slide and bowl piece, and after some tinkering, I took the other stem end off of my whip, and found out I could jam it into the slide a little bit and create a perfect airtight seal, and the three diffusion slits on each side help keep a somewhat even flow of air through the box and into me :cool:

qJV6Z.jpg

WaOEZ.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Frank38

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hey Das.. you catch more flies with honey, than vinegar.

I've found that especially true with Magic Flight. Both in my attitude dealing with them and vice versa. When they sign their emails, "Peace", "Peace and Love", "Good Health", etc... it isn't some cliche insincere crap. Keep that in mind, when dealing with them. Give it freely, it shall be returned.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

Frank38

For what I assume is not your native tongue, you've sure picked up the fine point of this funny language we pinched off the Brits a while back......

You're right about 'the box' of course. The PA makes it a different thing again.

Thanks and best regards,

OF

Cheers mate, English is not my native tongue but I guess I've used it enough to pick up on nuances. Having an American who lives in Sweden as my best friend and smoking buddy probably helps too :lol:

Frank38,

banana_republic

Guys... This is incredible. I went to my local headshop to take a peek at their water pipes... this guy was $35. For the tube, the diffused downstem, and a bowl. I think it's 14.4mm, I forgot to ask because I thought it was really worth the price. Nice glass, feels sturdy while still being small, locally blown, and it's $35.

What an awesome piece Quetzalcoatl!

Do you know if your local headshop can sell one of these overseas? Do they have some website?
I am looking for some glass like that and the price is quite tempting

Cheers!

banana_republic,

Sluffy

tried searching "batteries" and there is around a billion posts with that keyword. =)

just curious what is kind of the agreed "best" batteries you can get

thanks!

Sluffy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Sluffy, just about anything you could possibly want to know about batteries for the LB can be found in our Vaporpedia section here, including which batteries Magic Flight recommends. ;)

momofthegoons,

Sluffy

just ordered the powerex 2700's , did not go for the super nice charger, i do have a 15 minute energizer one so im gonna try that out first

Sluffy,

OF

just ordered the powerex 2700's , did not go for the super nice charger, i do have a 15 minute energizer one so im gonna try that out first

NO. NO. No.... Don't do that if you like your new batteries.....

You're looking to charge over at least an hour with the battery staying cold, the box beats them up as it is, wrecking them on some inappropriate charger you happen to have seems pretty short sighted to me. You can get a much better charger for this use for less than the replacement batteries you'll need sooner rather than later if go cheap on this part.

Read the collected wisdom was good advice, IMO. Instant gratification for information via the net is still asking total strangers for advice......strangers who aren't even using their real names......

Your money, your call, you asked for advice and got excellent advice from a Lady that knows (chargers are included there as I recall).

My take on it is the 2700s are OK if you charge them shortly before use. Let them sit a few days and the same maker's 2400s will outperform them. Those are the ones the factory uses.....and they probably made an informed choice doncha think?

MOTG gave a good clue, 'see what the factory uses and understand why'. I tried a set of the 2700s, also the Sanyo units (also well liked by some for different reasons), I came back to 'the factory battery' and suspect you may do the same when you trash the first set of 2700s with the wrong charger?

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

I use the stock MF charger and haven't noticed anything go wrong with the charging, although I imagine that the really nice $50 chargers are probably the better of the two.

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

I use the stock MF charger and haven't noticed anything go wrong with the charging, although I imagine that the really nice $50 chargers are probably the better of the two.

The stock MF charger is IMO very suited to the duty....what else would you expect, really? As are a lot of units. 15 minute 'quick chargers' are not in that group. They are compromising to get fast charge times.

Like I said above, a 'safe' charger is probably about the same cost as the first set of new batteries this 'bargain' charger trashes? If you can keep your batteries charged before you need them, the difference in charge time shouldn't be that big a deal. If it is, buy the fast charge batteries intended for that charger (not best for MFLB) would seem worth considering instead?

But yes, the stock charger is excellent for charging the stock batteries. Or so it seems.

OF

max

Out to lunch
OF said:
My take on it is the 2700s are OK if you charge them shortly before use. Let them sit a few days and the same maker's 2400s will outperform them. Those are the ones the factory uses.....and they probably made an informed choice doncha think?
I'll second that. The Powerex 2700 and the Imedion 2400 are both made by MAHA, and the 2400's design (low discharge) make them the better choice for charging and leaving handy for when you need a fresh bat. They hold their charge much longer while sitting around, unused.

max,

Quetzalcoatl

Yup, I'm not even going to argue against that. I always leave two in the charger and two charged in the case, and I find that after only a few days you start to notice the HSD aspect of the 2700's. They'll hold charge fine for a day or two, but then it starts to go downhill. But I'm looking at at least 8 trenches with the 4 batteries, which should theoretically hold me over for a few days, plus edibles and other stuff.

Edit: Forgot to say, when fresh off the charger they pack a punch. Didn't realize that my whip got loose and wasn't attached to my downstem, no more than 10 seconds later I realize it happened, attach real quick, and a HUGE vapor cloud went right through... blackened the bottom half of my trench :( it was my favorite stuff too :doh:

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

I tried the stem as suggested against the coughing, it was better, getting the hang of it now :) Thanks guys. Think I'm gonna need one of those water pipe adapter too, and a brush, and a...
You're telling me... I just finally bought a water pipe... Now I'm looking at all the pretty bowls they have online, even though I don't like smoking anymore... and all the downstems... damnit, haha. If you look back a page or so you'll see how I hooked my box up with the whip attachment to the downstem. Works pretty well.

Quetzalcoatl,

Frank38

You're telling me... I just finally bought a water pipe... Now I'm looking at all the pretty bowls they have online, even though I don't like smoking anymore... and all the downstems... damnit, haha. If you look back a page or so you'll see how I hooked my box up with the whip attachment to the downstem. Works pretty well.

I've been checking out lots of things lately, even other vaporizers... :o But the LB will always have a special place in my heart. I'm really getting into the vaping thing, as I feel it's a much healthier alternative to smoking, yet still allows me to "smoke". When it comes to pipe tobacco I'm a long time smoker meaning to quit, soon...

I can only imagine when the whole vaping thing comes into the pipe smokers world, with all the beautiful handcrafted pipes and all. Someone just needs to come up with a good, standard form and function that feels like a work of art, something you can do with style, if you guys get my drift. Then they would be in for a huge market I'm sure of it...
The LB is quite nice looking, but it's still nowhere near the the perfect shape of a pipe. The handling, the smell of fresh tobacco when you fill it up, lighting the match (lighters are a big no no) and getting that first taste of sweet pipe tobacco. Bring that into the vaping world as a real working device that's got style and accessories to match and I'd buy all the shares I could lol, if I was into the stock market thing.

Edit: Reading it back I sound obsessed with style :D Just trying to describe the pipe smoking world

Frank38,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I received my Power Adapter car charger this afternoon, and they also threw in an ABV container. :) I had a chance to use it on the way to pick up one of our dogs from the groomer. I love it! It's nice to be able to save batteries for different occasions! This will be a nice addition to my arsenal. :lol:

Thank you Magic Flight!

I have had a chance to use the car charger adapter a lot more now. I like it a lot better than batteries because I can now control my temp in the car and save my batteries. It isn't as stealthy as using batteries because of the cord, though.

Vicki,

Sip

I got a question. I've had my mflb for a couple weeks now and the oil has start to form in the stem. The weird thing is that it is not the golden color of two of my friend's, but rather somewhat black. Do I just need to clean my mflb? I haven't cleaned it yet.

Sip,

Frank38

I got a question. I've had my mflb for a couple weeks now and the oil has start to form in the stem. The weird thing is that it is not the golden color of two of my friend's, but rather somewhat black. Do I just need to clean my mflb? I haven't cleaned it yet.

I've got like 2 mm resin on mine covering half the trench after about 3 months of use. Never cleaned it, works just fine. The stem I clean in hot soap water though.

Frank38,

Quetzalcoatl

Maybe, do you keep it in your pocket a lot? Are you burning the weed black? My oil usually goes from clean, to a very light yellow, to a darker yellow, and then almost an orange yellow that gets darker the closer to the box. I stuck a little balled up piece of nug and pushed it through with a paper clip... was some good shit :whoa:

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom