Frank38

On that note, I would like to ask you guys opinions on two things. I have noticed that grinding the herb to almost powder yields the best results when vaping, and I'm using an electric spice grinder for that, but I read here and there that it's not advised to grind to a powder, I'm suspecting because it gets packed when heated up and I have to open the lid and loosen it up with my fingers. If a more coarse grind, it's easier to just shake it to get even heating. What's your take on that?

The other thing is that lately I have been coughing like mad when using the LB, and now I start coughing right on the first hit. Even smoking doesn't start me coughing that fast by far.
I'm using the LB au naturelle, no stem, and batteries. Any suggestion?

Frank38,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I received my Power Adapter this afternoon, and they also threw in an ABV container. :) I had a chance to use it on the way to pick up one of our dogs from the groomer. I love it! It's nice to be able to save batteries for different occasions! This will be a nice addition to my arsenal. :lol:

Thank you Magic Flight!

Vicki,
Reactions: Frank38

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
On that note, I would like to ask you guys opinions on two things. I have noticed that grinding the herb to almost powder yields the best results when vaping, and I'm using an electric spice grinder for that, but I read here and there that it's not advised to grind to a powder, I'm suspecting because it gets packed when heated up and I have to open the lid and loosen it up with my fingers. If a more coarse grind, it's easier to just shake it to get even heating. What's your take on that?

The other thing is that lately I have been coughing like mad when using the LB, and now I start coughing right on the first hit. Even smoking doesn't start me coughing that fast by far.

A very fine grind is best for the MFLB. I've noticed this myself with various grind comparisons. The finer the grind, the better. :)

When I got a longer stem from Ed's TNT, I stopped coughing. It seems the longer stem cools the vapor enough that it does not irritate my throat as much, and I don't cough like I used to. You might want to consider the longer stem. :)

skippy

I grind mine with a coffee grinder, I too find it works better if you give it a very fine grind, but yea, I just mix the grind a bit with my fingers for the first couple of trenches until its nice and dry, then it seems to shake well enough itself without needing to open the lid.
As for coughing, I dont know, I use mine native and dont cough much, although sometimes I cough, but there doesn't seem to be any particular reason why, I think it probably tends to be when I'm using newly ground herbs that I cough. I tend to grind about a weeks worth at a time.

skippy,

skippy

A very fine grind is best for the MFLB. I've noticed this myself with various grind comparisons. The finer the grind, the better. :)

When I got a longer stem from Ed's TNT, I stopped coughing. It seems the longer stem cools the vapor enough that it does not irritate my throat as much, and I don't cough like I used to. You might want to consider the longer stem. :)
I went through a stage of using the stem, I even considered buying one of Eds stems, but then I went back to native and thought I got better hits. I also noticed quite a build up of vapour in the stem and thought if its in the stem its not in me, so I went native again.

skippy,

Frank38

Thanks Vicki and skippy, yeah that's what I suspected about the grind. I'll try the finger trick and a long stem! Been thinking about the water pipe adapter to, and the power adapter, and a couple of LB in exotic woods, and... Yeah, I'm hooked and know it :lol:

Using dryer herb like you suggest Vicki could be an idea too, cheers

Frank38,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thanks Vicki and skippy, yeah that's what I suspected about the grind. I'll try the finger trick and a long stem! Been thinking about the water pipe adapter to, and the power adapter, and a couple of LB in exotic woods, and... Yeah, I'm hooked and know it :lol:

I have all of that, and life is good. :)

Vicki,

Frank38

The grapewine told me about some new exotic woods, cherry and walnut arriving at MF later this year. I want one of each!

Frank38,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The grapewine told me about some new exotic woods, cherry and walnut arriving at MF later this year. I want one of each!

I already have an exotic walnut LB, and I LOVE it. I also just picked up a long walnut stem from Ed's TNT to go with it. The match is perfect, and I'm really liking the way the long stem cools the vapor. :)

Vicki,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

OF

Good call. I have a walnut one, it's special for sure. Nearly one of a kind, really. I'm still kicking myself for passing on the Fiddleback Maple one.....in my defense I was younger then.

I hope it happens, I'm ready to send Blisssville some more money.....

Thanks for the rumor.

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Good call. I have a walnut one, it's special for sure. Nearly one of a kind, really. I'm still kicking myself for passing on the Fiddleback Maple one.....in my defense I was younger then.

Thanks for the rumor.

OF

I've decided to give all my business to Magic Flight now that they have their own retail store, but that's just me. :)

OF

I've decided to give all my business to Magic Flight now that they have their own retail store, but that's just me. :)

Sounds good to me. Shows you how long it's been, last LB stuff I got was the PA and WPA and they were still Blisssville then. Hey, everybody here gets a pretend name or two, right?

Thanks for the heads up, I hope I remember to check the details, although I suspect customs will be low key, direct only like before???

OF

OF,

Frank38

Thanks for the rumor.

OF

Sweet, I can imagine the walnut one especially to be something extra. Do you mean Flame Maple - Fiddleback Maple? if so, the guy at MF who told me about the walnut and cherry models later this year in an email, also told me that flame maple is expected in a couple of weeks. I'm considering that one too, but am a bit short on cash atm.

Hope I didn't breach anything now by posting about the upcoming woods... The mail didn't say it in any confidence from what I understand.

Frank38,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Sweet, I can imagine the walnut one especially to be something extra. Do you mean Flame Maple - Fiddleback Maple? if so, the guy at MF who told me about the walnut and cherry models later this year in an email, also told me that flame maple is expected in a couple of weeks. I'm considering that one too, but am a bit short on cash atm.

Hope I didn't breach anything now by posting about the upcoming woods... The mail didn't say it in any confidence from what I understand.

You're probably ok. :)

I have to say, my exotic walnut MFLB is my favorite. :)

Vicki,

OF

Yes, that's the stuff. Several names, as I understand it it's special cutting on over compressed grain sections. You can get some of it in standard grade boxes. In a way it makes sense, it's a machined part (just happens to be wood, not metal or plastic) and the material cost for a block that size is modest relative to say a PD body.

Thanks for the word, sounds like I going to get one of those all too rare in life chances for a 'do over'.

You're probably ok. :)

I have to say, my exotic walnut MFLB is my favorite. :)

I agree both times.

Scares me a bit to use mine, though, knowing if I have an accident all I'm guaranteed is a stock box as a replacement. Then again, they only think they've heard begging and pleading before......

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Scares me a bit to use mine, though, knowing if I have an accident all I'm guaranteed is a stock box as a replacement. Then again, they only think they've heard begging and pleading before......
OF

Yeah, same here. I am extremely careful with my walnut MFLB because of that.

Vicki,

OF

Yeah, same here. I am extremely careful with my walnut MFLB because of that.

You have yours waxed up as well? I must have 12 coats of paste wax on that sucker.....protected? I bet you could roller skate on that little guy without leaving a mark.

It's cool all right. Fun to just look at and think about the guys making a run of specials back in the day. Like my walnut PD. Genuine pride of ownership.

OF

OF,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
You have yours waxed up as well? I must have 12 coats of paste wax on that sucker.....protected? I bet you could roller skate on that little guy without leaving a mark.

It's cool all right. Fun to just look at and think about the guys making a run of specials back in the day. Like my walnut PD. Genuine pride of ownership.

OF

I'm very proud of my walnut MFLB. I take good care of the wood, but I am more concerned about the screen. Like you said, if it gets ripped, we would only get a standard MFLB in warranty replacement, and I don't like that.

Vicki,

OF

I'm very proud of my walnut MFLB. I take good care of the wood, but I am more concerned about the screen. Like you said, if it gets ripped, we would only get a standard MFLB in warranty replacement, and I don't like that.

Yup, I'll loan the stockers out, but NOBODY uses the walnut one....even when I'm towering over them. Off limits. If that screen gets trashed, I insist on being the guy doing it......doesn't do to kill guys you know, the cops always seem to find out somehow.

OF

OF,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Nice! I have a couple questions... can I just use a normal concentrate in the MFLB (hard or slightly sticky nuggets) by enveloping them in cotton the same way? Also, would it work if I used this method: http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/929355-tutorial-how-vape-hash-mflb-pics.html
- which is basically the same thing except you replace the cotton with rolling paper?
...anyone?
This post got completely overshadowed by the whole DasBlunt thing, and I really urgently want to know - do you guys have any experiential info?

Edit - For those late to this party, I'm referring to Vitolo's method as exemplified in this video: http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums...ion=view&current=CanCottonBeUsedintheMFLB.mp4.

JeeSee,

Frank38

This post got completely overshadowed by the whole DasBlunt thing, and I really urgently want to know - do you guys have any experiential info?

Edit - For those late to this party, I'm referring to Vitolo's method as exemplified in this video: http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums...ion=view&current=CanCottonBeUsedintheMFLB.mp4.

I have a little, tried smoking hash in cotton, it worked ok but it was tricky to get it right, for me at least. Didn't notice any damage to the screen.

Frank38,

Frank38

Yes, that's the stuff. Several names, as I understand it it's special cutting on over compressed grain sections. You can get some of it in standard grade boxes. In a way it makes sense, it's a machined part (just happens to be wood, not metal or plastic) and the material cost for a block that size is modest relative to say a PD body.

Thanks for the word, sounds like I going to get one of those all too rare in life chances for a 'do over'

Aye, I'm familiar with it, as a guitar player I've had several guitars with flame maple used on the top, beautiful wood. I'm curious to see how MF is going to apply it.

And on a side note, I have a hard time using the acronym "MF".
For obvious reasons... :lol:

Frank38,
Top Bottom