• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
I'm actually having the exact same problem as you. I saw someone reporting on Reddit that they didn't need to press theirs down at all to get a proper seal. It seems like the dent was caused by the UFO having a stem pressed into it during shipping. I just sent MF an email about the issue, so I'll let you know what they say.

thanks, much appreciated for letting me know.
I just contacted them as well.

I'll keep you up to date.

Last edited:

axakal

i was on the same fence and after yesterday's test run it's a strong yea. :) you will not be disappointed. it's tiny, fits good in one's hand, helps with clouds and compared to my ehle it's really silent. a stealthy water filtering device for a stealthy vaporizer. and i used it with a solo, which you also seem to consider. it worked without any problems. you will laugh at the price in hindsight, first time you claim the broken glass warranty. :) and then again and again and again. :)

Now if I can ask another question: I'm thinking about ordering an Orbiter by year-end to take advantage of the lifetime warranty dealie. What's the verdict on the Orbiter: yea or nay?

Last edited:

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
i was on the same fence and after yesterday's test run it's a strong yea. :) you will not be disappointed. it's tiny, fits good in one's hand, helps with clouds and compared to my ehle it's really silent. a stealthy water filtering device for a stealthy vaporizer. and i used it with a solo, which you also seem to consider. it worked without any problems. you will laugh at the price in hindsight, first time you claim the broken glass warranty. :) and then again and again and again. :)

I love my orbiter and I don't regret buying it, but honestly I haven't used it much.
its kind of small and I usually just use my dhgate pieces.
but thats just me........you may use it everyday.
ymmv

but you get a lifetime warranty on glass.......thats just awesome and thats the main reason I bought it.
I'm going to have it forever as long as it doesn't get lost or stolen or MF goes out of business.

New_World,
Reactions: axakal

axakal

the warranty on glass sealed the deal for me. i just couldn't pass on it. with two cats sometimes running into the vaping session chasing each other, lifetime warranty on glass is the best that one can hope for. :) knowing, that a broken glass piece isn't going to have dramatic financial consequences just makes for easier relaxation sessions. plus, the orbiter is easy on the eye too, so it's not just because of the pragmatic reasons.
take that part of MF going out of business back immediately. :)

but you get a lifetime warranty on glass.......thats just awesome and thats the main reason I bought it.
I'm going to have it forever as long as it doesn't get lost or stolen or MF goes out of business.

vapeape77

I have an orbiter, was disappointed that the base wobbled. Replaced the 14mm wooden adapter with a glass one. I know mf is all about the wood but a wooden base/adapter with water is not good imo as u are gonna end up with rotten parts down the road. If I could do it again, I'd just save they $80 to put towards a local headshops 14mm bubbler. Lifetime warranty doesn't make up for the orbiters design flaws imo.

vapeape77,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The Orbiter comes with GonG adapters @vapeape77, the wooden piece is cosmetic and should be removed when you clean the whip. I have an Beta orbiter and my base has never seen a drop of water nor have the wood "cones" or "covers" on either WPWs.

The Glass gets taken off the base to clean and dry, Then gets placed back on the dry wooden base.

The whips get cleaned with ISO and rinsed with hot water with the wooden 'cone' removed.

The base and wood on the whips get treated with Underbutter(wood conditioner from Dave at Underdog Vapes)

The wood never gets wet. why would it ?

vapeape77

The Orbiter comes with GonG adapters @vapeape77, the wooden piece is cosmetic and should be removed when you clean the whip. I have an Beta orbiter and my base has never seen a drop of water nor have the wood "cones" or "covers" on either WPWs.

The Glass gets taken off the base to clean and dry, Then gets placed back on the dry wooden base.

The whips get cleaned with ISO and rinsed with hot water with the wooden 'cone' removed.

The base and wood on the whips get treated with Underbutter(wood conditioner from Dave at Underdog Vapes)

The wood never gets wet. why would it ?[?

Just my opinion.... wood, water a no no. Most stoners like me are not gonna go through the process, take the orbiter off the wood base, fill it with water, dry the outside, put it back on stand, use it, take it off wooden base, clean it (insert cleaning steps), let it dry, put back on stand...... Wow that is a lot of work to get high, not to mention all the grinding herb and tapping on th mflb during use.[/QUOTE]

vapeape77,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Just my opinion.... wood, water a no no. Most stoners like me are not gonna go through the process, take the orbiter off the wood base, fill it with water, dry the outside, put it back on stand, use it, take it off wooden base, clean it (insert cleaning steps), let it dry, put back on stand...... Wow that is a lot of work to get high, not to mention all the grinding herb and tapping on th mflb during use.

Well Yeah, I guess If your too lazy to use/clean any vape tool properly your going to have nothing but problems with it after a while.

Maintenance and cleaning is just a fact of life if you want your tools to last or function properly for long.

I clean my glass and whips Before they're put away Every night.

Guess I'm not a "Stoner" like you.

vapeape77

Well Yeah, I guess If your too lazy to use/clean any vape tool properly your going to have nothing but problems with it after a while.

Maintenance and cleaning is just a fact of life if you want your tools to last or function properly for long.

Come on man, just because I'd rather have and recommend a solid glass piece over the orbiter..... I keep my stuff clean, but this thing is over maintenance, just one stoners view

vapeape77,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Come on man, just because I'd rather have and recommend a solid glass piece over the orbiter.....

I wash and dry my all glass pieces just like i do the orbiter.

I can see saying "I'd rather have all glass" ... But saying there is a "wooden adapter" or that the wood will end up "rotting" just isn't true and misleading.

if you had read the instructions before buying one you would know Magic flight recommends removing the glass from the base before cleaning or filling.

vapeape77

I wash and dry my all glass pieces just like i do the orbiter.

I can see saying "I'd rather have all glass" ... But saying there is a "wooden adapter" or that the wood will end up "rotting" just isn't true and misleading.

if you had read the instructions before buying one you would know Magic flight recommends removing the glass from the base before cleaning or filling.
Well I don't recall any instructions with mine, left it on the base, it did rot bro, sanded it down and never leave it on the base now. Ok hope u are not trolling me

OF

Well I don't recall any instructions with mine, left it on the base, it did rot bro, sanded it down and never leave it on the base now. Ok hope u are not trolling me

Sorry you're having troubles. Unfortunately detailed instructions are pretty rare in this industry, for a number of reasons.

Right or wrongly I think they may have assumed most understand that water damages wood (unless it's Teak I guess?). Same as it would a wood table. Caution is advised to keep water off it (and clean up spills promptly). You might also consider a heavy coat of good quality paste wax.

I can assure you Rude Boy is telling it straight, despite his screen name. Those 3000 posts represent a LOT of trying to help others out, IMO he's worth listening to.

Your call, of course, you bought it.

Regards,

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
if you had read the instructions before buying one you would know Magic flight recommends removing glass from the base before cleaning or filling.

Well I don't recall any instructions with mine, left it on the base ...

To be honest with you now that I'm looking for it I can't find where I read the instructions, can't find it on the MF website and I never had a printed box with mine(bought it used).

I Do know I read the maintenance instructions before I bought one though.

I'd never go trollin' ya, I was responding Only to the one post and those that followed here today.

:peace:

Last edited:

vapeape77

To be honest with you now that I'm looking for it I can't find where I read the instructions, can't find it on the MF website and I never had a printed box with mine(bought it used).

I Do know I read the maintenance instructions before I bought one though.

I'd never go trollin' ya, I was only responding Only to the one post and those that followed here today.

:peace:
Cool, All good, still much love to all the mflb accessories, love the new dart stem, better airflow for me

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
Just my opinion.... wood, water a no no. Most stoners like me are not gonna go through the process, take the orbiter off the wood base, fill it with water, dry the outside, put it back on stand, use it, take it off wooden base, clean it (insert cleaning steps), let it dry, put back on stand...... Wow that is a lot of work to get high, not to mention all the grinding herb and tapping on th mflb during use.
[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree about wood and water on the orbiter, but honestly I wouldn't change it.
It matches all my MF stuff.

I always put food grade cutting board conditioner on my MF wood, but you could stain it if you wanted.
Mine repels water well now that it has that conditioner on it.
I highly recommend using it!
here is what I use.
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-BBC012-Butcher-Conditioner-12-Ounce/dp/B001ESTA30
It feels less naked too!

also.......I'm not worried because it has a lifetime warranty.
if it does rot or break....and even if its your fault...........MF will replace it.
word!

mikencolo

I am pretty much the same in that i clean my equipment daily. every once in awhile life is chaos and i might skip a day but that's rare and even then i at least do a partial clean. it isn't that i like to clean but rather the fact that anything if cared for will last longer and perform better. one of the two best things i picked up this past year to help w/cleaning was a tool/knife/assortment kit and long tapered cotton swabs. the tapered tips are fantastic for getting into those tight spots that a regular qtip/cotton swab won't. i use the swabs to not only clean the mesh trench w/alcohol but the tapered end fits easily into the hole the stem goes into. once in i gently clean the underside of the trench mesh. i try to get the gunk on the bottom too again being careful of the wires. it looks and works like a mflb that is nearly new even though it's far from it. to each their own on though...:)

mikencolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

u bwade wunner

just saw this...finally available in cherry and walnut.Way to go MF

magic_flight.jpg

We thought it was high time we introduced our Orbiter and Power Adapter Flight Essentials in premium cherry and walnut wood choices, to match our premium wood vaporizers. These have been produced in limited quantities for the true connoisseur. It is our pleasure to announce that while supplies last, we will be offering these Power Adapters and Orbiters at a discounted rate when purchased together as a bundle.

Order any of these select premium wood accessories at a stand alone rate, or bundle a PA and Orbiter together (with matching wood or as a mix-and-match set) to receive up to $40 in savings! Discounted bundle rate available while supplies last. Visit our Web Shop to view the full details of this special offer, just another way for us to wish you a Happy Holiday!

21ajlsl.jpg

and the new voltaic artisan launch box

34eu4gi.jpg

We bring you the Tempest Voltaic Launch Box. Inspired by thunderstorms and evidencing a large genuine Blue Apatite and Opal gemstones, it is one of our most ambitious Launch Box designs to date. Visit the Artisan Collection to learn more and get yours while they last! .

all details on the Magic flight blog.

Last edited:

mixsticks

Hi, I have a question regarding vape technique when using the MFLB.

I actually had mine for quite a while now but I never really got the technique down to perfection due to my ownership of the Volcano so the MFLB has been a "on the go" vaporizer only so far. I feel as it could be more than that with the perfect draw technique.

I'm using the sipping method which I believe to be far superior to the long slow draw method but I have a problem. I get good hits but I also loose some vapor into the air. It happens between the quick puffs and I'm not quite sure if the lost vapor is coming from the MFLB stem or if it's coming from my mouth.

I inhale every single mini puff separately so this really shouldn't be an issue.
What about you guys, are you inhaling between every draw, or are you collecting the vapor inside your mouth to make one big inhale?

Do you have any tips for me, based on the above mentioned stuff?

mixsticks,
Reactions: New_World

caves

Living the vape life
Hi, I have a question regarding vape technique when using the MFLB.

I actually had mine for quite a while now but I never really got the technique down to perfection due to my ownership of the Volcano so the MFLB has been a "on the go" vaporizer only so far. I feel as it could be more than that with the perfect draw technique.

I'm using the sipping method which I believe to be far superior to the long slow draw method but I have a problem. I get good hits but I also loose some vapor into the air. It happens between the quick puffs and I'm not quite sure if the lost vapor is coming from the MFLB stem or if it's coming from my mouth.

I inhale every single mini puff separately so this really shouldn't be an issue.
What about you guys, are you inhaling between every draw, or are you collecting the vapor inside your mouth to make one big inhale?

Do you have any tips for me, based on the above mentioned stuff?
The way I do the sipping method isn't really like taking a bunch of mini hits. I'd say a good way to describe it would be a long, slow breath in with regular quick pauses where you don't inhale or exhale.

I've had moments where I've lost vapor into the air, but it's always caused by me exhaling during a pause. As long as I make sure to keep the end of the stem inside my mouth and not change my lung volume during the pauses between sips, I never lose any vapor.

This method works to let you to quickly bump up the trench temperature without altering your draw speed. Done precisely, you can easily manipulate the temperature of the trench by playing around with the length of your pauses and the speed of your inhale. Battery control is another variable you can mess with. :D

Be careful, though, as leaving too long of a pause can give the trench time to combust!

vapeape77

Here is my favorite way to use the mflb

Use a very fine grind, fill trench half full. Push battery or p/a (75%) for 9 seconds, take regular draw for 3 or so seconds, flip and tap mflb while still holding in hit. Push battery again, exhale some of first hit while waiting 6-7 seconds. Take another 3 second draw and you got a tasty double hit! I tend to believe that the taste gets poor the longer you hit it. Plus I am pretty sure most of the vapor is produced during first few seconds with the mflb.

After another double hit I then grind it again, adding a pinch of fresh bud (have to have a mflb finishing grinder) to keep the taste and thc up. Repeat and continue to add bud till trench is full, usually about 4 adds. Double hit it another 10 times and cash. Since the grind is so fine you end up using a good amount of bud in that little boxes, but fully medicated.

Top Bottom