sundaddy

JD, is the adapter made in a way that if I had a really short stem, I could poke it in the adapter and leave it, hands free? I noticed you were pushing it up against the adapter, just wondering.

sundaddy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
sundaddy said:
JD, is the adapter made in a way that if I had a really short stem, I could poke it in the adapter and leave it, hands free? I noticed you were pushing it up against the adapter, just wondering.

Using the stem that came with the whip...

But I dont know why you would want to. I don't know why you would want it to be "hands free" either...how would you activate it? You are going to have it in your hand anyway if you plan on hitting the PA button or push a batt in... :brow:

Using it native with the water adapter is the way to go. The ring makes a perfect seal against the box.

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey JD.... How easy is it to control the temp when you're running it with the water adapter?? Any accidental combustion?? Can you gauge the temp?? Curiosity killed the cat and all ;) Can't wait to try it.

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Lo said:
Hey JD.... How easy is it to control the temp when you're running it with the water adapter?? Any accidental combustion?? Can you gauge the temp?? Curiosity killed the cat and all ;) Can't wait to try it.

Its fairly easy. I've had 3 sessions with it so far and no combustion what so ever. Instead of judging by the temp of the vapor, I am trying to judge by the vapor thickness coming out of the adapter. Pulse hitting seems to work best for big hits and you can draw long and slow while pulsing the PA button (or battery) for lighter hits. Using it with the PA gives you total taste/hit control. I crank it down slightly towards the end of the trench to prevent any charring.

And as ripped as hitting the box normally gets you, this thing rocks your socks off!

JDSupreme,

Kingston

JD really nice vid thank you.
I tried the mflb through a bong but think its very hard to get the drawing right
when i was drawing too hard so the herb went swirling around in the box when i was drawing slower it worked but often some of the herb combusted and the taste was very bad...
also even in the rare case of combustion i couldn't get as thick clouds as you and this shouldn't be the herbs as they are fine without bong and in my eq too.
you got any tricks to offer for vaping through glass? :)

edit: lol you answered everything i wanted to know without me asking... thanks

Kingston,

sundaddy

Ok, I see now. Thanks BTW does the volume of air coming through the bong tend to make the herbs "cyclone" in the box?

sundaddy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
yes it can... but if you are "cycloning' then you are likely breathing to fast for vapor to accumulate and be breathed!

Vitolo,

sundaddy

Yeah, one of the problems with showing people how to use the box in general is getting them to hit it soft enough to not cyclone, even though it is really cool looking, and can be a way to stir your herbs. I personally prefer the "roll" your herbs method over haphazardly shaking the box, but I'm a clean freak and found that herbs touching the rods cause build-up on them.

sundaddy,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
I can't believe so many people haven't rigged up their own water adapter yet... it's truly pleasant. I even breathe my volcano bag through a piece sometimes (it's wonky and not perfect, but MOISTURIZED ha).

Vapor-bonging is a must for vapor enthusiasts... my BIGGEST gripe about vaping is that I just straight up miss ripping a bong sometimes... that's the only thing (besides non-vaping friends) that leads back to combustion every now and then.

wake n blake,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
sundaddy said:
Ok, I see now. Thanks BTW does the volume of air coming through the bong tend to make the herbs "cyclone" in the box?

During a pulse hit no, but I clear both the LB and the chamber with the box still touching the adapter and I get some ABV tornadoes :lol: but I consider that to be the same thing compared to releasing the batt/pa button when clearing the LB w/o the water adapter

After I get hitting with the WA down to a science, I'll post some technique videos

JDSupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It gives your ABV an airing too!!! a fluffing... as the tornado takes your herb out "for a spin"!
Get crackin' JD- Lights ... camera..... ;)

Vitolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Vitolo said:
It gives your ABV an airing too!!! a fluffing... as the tornado takes your herb out "for a spin"!
Get crackin' JD- Lights ... camera..... ;)

Ya ya :cool:

Experimenting with diff techniques now.....

JDSupreme,

Vato805

King Of The Jungle
Cannabuss said:
Also does anyone have a Magic Flight Launch Box Bugz Carrying Pouch from Puffitup? If so can you post some pics please.
its the puffy pouch in the Background there!

So its here just got it a few mins ago...Im excited to try it out!!!

Thanx to Randy at puffitup for hooking it up big time!
30e065f7.jpg

---
4a7f6cdd.jpg

---
5750d6d3.jpg

Vato805,

Vato805

King Of The Jungle
Nycdeisel said:
whats the lighter for dude? FUCK COMBUSTION

awaiting your initial impressions :D
Refer to the other source:D

Its for measuring it, like you said BIC=Universal measuring stick

for everyone who wants a reference! not so much on this site as the other.

Vato805,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Randy is a great guy and a pleasure to deal with! His MFLB packages are so good!
Still having fun learning my launch box.
The batteries last a lot longer than I expected!

psyshaman,
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to drop by and say thanks - I read through parts of this 500+ page thread and got all the tips I needed to have an awesome first vape with my MFLB.

I got the version with the hard plastic vapecase from amazon and I love the wood construction (don't like heating up plastic if I can help it.) Also sounds like MagicFlight has an incredible return policy. I could rave on and on but I'm having a hard time typing coherently.

Thanks again everyone

ElTerrible

elterrible,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Photoon2011-08-04at1922.jpg

This is the Bug Rugz pouch with supplies in front of it for size comparison
Photoon2011-08-04at1923.jpg

Photoon2011-08-04at19232.jpg

Those are the pouch filled with the items from side view, and front view

Vitolo,
I just wanted to mention that the people at MFLB have generously sent me a beta waterpipe adapter, and such an awesome gesture speaks alot about the company! They live up to the lofty message etched into their vaporizer. Thank Blissville and MFLB! Expect a review soon.

charliedontsurf,

//////

hello, i come to you with two questions:

have some of the feet on anyone else's power adapter fallen off? it's a really simple fix, but i ended up losing two of them.

also, with the beta version of the water adapter out i am considering buying glass. i am a glass n00b and don't really know what to choose for my launch box. i am currently debating between the 6 arm ben wilson that JD showed in his video (wow, btw) and the headford cleardisk bubbler. they are both on ALT's site. any suggestions? thanks! :cool:

p.s. i know the glass question could very well belong in a different thread, but i figured i'd ask here.

//////,

Vato805

King Of The Jungle
I hope you guys dont mind that im posting a lot of pix! Just excited...ok after these im Off to go vape it
P.S. Food grade rubber stopper and food grade tubing
f95b9d08.jpg

---
ee0e8c94.jpg

---
07ffbb4f.jpg

---
3fafcfc5.jpg

---
c1f53ca3.jpg

Vato805,
Just made an extremely ghetto MFLB attachment for my friend's mini bong (used the whip as a stem and sealed with tape). The MFLB works great with mini bongs. Nice cloudy, thick hits that are super smooth.

This is starting to feel more and more like the only smoking device I'll ever need.

biohazard72,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
////// said:
also, with the beta version of the water adapter out i am considering buying glass. i am a glass n00b and don't really know what to choose for my launch box. i am currently debating between the 6 arm ben wilson that JD showed in his video (wow, btw) and the headford cleardisk bubbler. they are both on ALT's site. any suggestions? thanks! :cool:

p.s. i know the glass question could very well belong in a different thread, but i figured i'd ask here.

Make sure the Headford you are looking at isn't this one because that has a male joint.

I assume you are between the Headford and the BW which are both good choices. I just prefer the taller, more "stand up" style bubbler. A big difference between the 2 is that the BW is 11" high and the Headford is only 7" which seems a bit small to me. You definitely want to stay towards the smaller side and the BW isn't too big for the WAMFLB by any means.

Here's a thread I started about MFLB Glass

Here's a good vaporpedia read on Vaping w/ a bong or bubbler

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom