hudbud

Hi all,
I've had an LB for nearly 2 months now and I just have a couple of questions.

1. Sometimes a new fully charged battery (powerex 2700) when inserted and twisted will not light up the bulb. I see vapor at the mouthpiece and it seems to still work. Is this a problem with the LB (warranty issue) , the battery connection or the charger ? (I use a standard charger)

2. I would like to order the PA but can't find a page to order it. I believe the PA will make my vaping experience complete with the LB. Is the beta still available to FC members? I've tried the page: https://magic-flight.com:4200/buydpab/ar_home , but I think it has been taken down:/
Should just wait for the retail version?

hudbud,
Vaporgin. said:
FUCK! i just had my first battery short circuting each other experience and the burn on my finger stings quite alot and my stock 2400's are dead. I assume this because it sounded like they were fizzing when i picked them up. They were hot enough to scorch my sheets on my bed black.

Holy shit, really?

I've had the hot-pocket experience once but nothing like that.

charliedontsurf,
I got my launchbox a few days ago and because I am thinking of making it my primary tool to get me high, I want to buy some batteries, the 2700 nimh Powerex seem to be the best choice according to the thread, but I am wondering if I should buy it with the fast charger. I got my vape with the prima 2/4 hama charger, which seems to be quite cheap and to take a shitloads of time to charge. Is it worth it to just buy the 4 batteries with the fast charger or with their normal charger? This is their site http://www.mahaenergy.co.uk/products/battery-chargers/, can you guys please tell me which is better and how much better and if its worth it at all? ( I live in the UK btw)

So by that I mostly want to ask how much is it worth it to update from my charger to Maha C204W (is it worth the 15 quid more that i have to pay), between the C204W and the Maha C401FS Fast Charger, which will cost me additional 15 quid on top and is it worth it at all to buy the Maha C9000 Wizard One Intelligent Charger + Analyser, which costs 50 quid and doesnt even come with batteries?

TempleGuard,

kewpcer

The 29 quid charger has all the features you'll need. Intelligent progressive charging, old battery conditioning features, trickle maintenance, and will charge 4 batts in a couple of hours and 2 in an hour.

Great deal, actually.

kewpcer,
I have a question about pyromon's technique. When I do it i dont really feel that much of the vapor going down, but at some point there is often smoke (or whatever) coming out of the other end. I still definitely get a hit and exhale some, but what does that mean? Should I breathe through my nose faster or start breathing sooner, am i wasting material with the part that goes from the exhaust? Please help is needed.

Also is there a good video of someone doing it?

TempleGuard,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
chloe said:
WatTyler said:
Lemme know what you think..... :peace:

WOW! that is super cool...thanks for sharing..I think I may order one esp. for $3.50...i've ordered quite a few items from dealextreme...very reliable...where can I get the tubing you used to attach the pipe to the box?

also considering this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-in-1-silver-cigarette-tabacco-smoking-water-pipe-17183

Not so sure myself on the other one you've found cos of the plastic, whereas this one's all glass. I've updated the pics in my post above with better quality ones.

Regarding the tubing; I've had to use 2 pieces- the 5mm ID black silicone tubing to fit the short stem from the MFLB, and another 10mm ID piece to join that to the water pipe. Robbed the larger piece off another whip (think it was my AroMed original?) and bought the 5mm silicone off ebay- there's loads of it. But it's not food/medical grade, which I'm uncomfortable with. I'm in the UK, so can't really help you with US retailers, but I've since ordered food grade tubing from here;

http://www.arco.co.uk/products/3960102/63654/Silicone+Non-Reinforced+Tube

Not sure how I'm going to join it to the waterpipe, but it wont be hard. Here are the current joints;

dscf0231g.jpg

:peace:

WatTyler,

LivingInSpin

TempleGuard said:
is it worth it at all to buy the Maha C9000 Wizard One Intelligent Charger + Analyser, which costs 50 quid and doesnt even come with batteries?

IMO it is worth it.

LivingInSpin,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
LivingInSpin said:
TempleGuard said:
is it worth it at all to buy the Maha C9000 Wizard One Intelligent Charger + Analyser, which costs 50 quid and doesnt even come with batteries?

IMHO it is worth it. It can pretty much do any type of charging, and you might need this to keep on top of the health of your batteries. The MFLB is not very friendly to batteries, and batteries are expensive. The C9000 should pay for itself in no time. I am very happy that I got mine instead of the alternatives.

The Powerex 2700 are nice, as are the Imedion 2400.

Supposedly the MFLB ships with Imedion 2400s. However, the Imedions I purchased separately look nothing like the stock batteries. My stock batteries were weak from the get-go and only went downhill in a rapid fashion. Total fail. :/ My friends just laugh at my LB and refuse to use it now, instead they just light up. All because of a few crappy batteries. Don't be that guy with the crappy batteries!

The Imedion 2400s I bought will get the box to almost combustion after a few seconds with the factory charge. Much better. :D

Also for the record, the Powerex 2700's are SMALLER than the Imedion 2400's. So keep this in mind. My latest replacement warranty launch box had a lot smaller of a hole, and I can't even fit the 2400's in them, only the 2700's (unless I wanted to push really hard), but then this would increase the diameter and the 2700's would slide around, so its kind of weird. I thought batteries were the same size standard? guess not.

Elluzion,

Puget

mollusk
The batteries that came with my MFLB recently purchased from Blissville have factory inkjet markings of:
POWEREX AA1240-AAQO;

I couldn't find that part number anywhere but the only Powerex in production I could find are the 2700 (HSD) and the 2400 Imedion.

The fit in my MFLB is good--kinda loose in the wood bore but firm in the wire loop.

Update: I just peeled my first battery, ever--surprisingly easy even with short clipped finger nails.
As stated below, the Imedion battery has the "POWEREX AA1240-AAQO;" marking on the metal.

Puget,

LivingInSpin

Puget said:
The batteries that came with my MFLB recently purchased from Blissville have factory inkjet markings of:
POWEREX AA1240-AAQO

The Imedion 2400 batts that I bought off of Amazon say the same.

My stock batteries say HL-AA2000LD 1040LX. Don't know what they are. Wish I knew as it would help with charging.

LivingInSpin,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Elluzion said:
Also for the record, the Powerex 2700's are SMALLER than the Imedion 2400's. So keep this in mind. My latest replacement warranty launch box had a lot smaller of a hole, and I can't even fit the 2400's in them, only the 2700's (unless I wanted to push really hard), but then this would increase the diameter and the 2700's would slide around, so its kind of weird. I thought batteries were the same size standard? guess not.

The Imedion and Powerex batteries that I own have identical diameters. I have four of each right in front of me.

pakalolo,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
pakalolo said:
Elluzion said:

The Imedion and Powerex batteries that I own have identical diameters. I have four of each right in front of me.

Interesting. Well the newer Launch Boxes have a smaller battery diameter (i am guessing this is so that they do not become loose faster), and my 2700's fit that diameter perfectly, but the stock 2400's that came with my launch box are much more difficult to push in and it feels as if I am stretching the wood out. This is from my experience with them, so I don't know :/

Elluzion,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
Elluzion said:
the Powerex 2700's are SMALLER than the Imedion 2400's.

i would say the complete opposite and I'm holding both in my hands right now as well as testing them in my box?

Vaporgin.,

LivingInSpin

Puget said:
I'd say Imedion 2400:

Thanks for the link. My search-fu must be weak today.

That solves that problem, chuck'em into the recycle bin. Must have been a batch of defective batteries.

LivingInSpin,

Puget

mollusk
LivingInSpin said:
Puget said:
I'd say Imedion 2400:

Thanks for the link. My search-fu must be weak today.

That solves that problem, chuck'em into the recycle bin. Must have been a batch of defective batteries.
Beyond the help of your Maha MH-C9000, eh? I just started playing with mine today.

Puget,

collegerower

WatTyler said:
Hi all, lots of folk are snobby about chinese glass, maybe with good reason, but I have found a perfect cheap piece to accompany my MFLB. $3.50 delivered :o . The tiny size is perfect for the kind of slow and sensitive draw that you need with the MFLB- for me it's better than my larger bubbler- i think it's the tiny diameter downstem. I like it. Build quality isn't great- don't drop it! Quite thin glass, but just buy two, or three :brow: I believe that they're made to hold ciggies, although I wouldn't have fancied that, even when I smoked...

Here's some pics, apologies for the quality.....

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7347/dscf0236f.jpg

Tubing is just 2 different sizes of silicone.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3739/dscf0233j.jpg

You can get them for the bargain price of $3.50 delivered from;

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/colorless-transparent-glass-shisha-water-pipe-52837

Although don't expect quick delivery from these guys- could take a few weeks.

Lemme know what you think..... :peace:

EDIT; better pics.

I just got one of these. For less than a trip to Wendy's I figure its worth a shot. I will let everyone know my thoughts when it gets here.

collegerower,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Vaporgin. said:
Elluzion said:
the Powerex 2700's are SMALLER than the Imedion 2400's.

i would say the complete opposite and I'm holding both in my hands right now as well as testing them in my box?

hmm odd. maybe its because of my new launch box? I have an older one too and they both fit about the same. So I am guessing it is my box. :peace: Its perfect because when i tap and shake my batteries don't fly out like my older launch box.

Elluzion,
I have a few questions about vaping techniques and specifically about pyromon's technique. When I do it, I sometimes see some smoke (or whatever) coming from the back and I dont really feel like anything is going in my throat, I still get a hit, but I feel like I am wasting some of it and I feel that i get a hit just because at the end i suck with my mouse instead of my nose to finish it off. Also with a normal vaping technique I've kind of seen smoke come from here and there and I saw some come from the front while my mouth was on it, but maybe it was because my mouth was not sealing it perfectly. Can anyone give me some advice and tell me if thats normal?

TempleGuard,

dadesign

So I am back after a good nine month break.. I just can't stay away from "the cloud"

so when I left Florida, I sold my MyrtleZap and didnt think I would do anymore but I recently landed where i will be a while and decided a house is just not a home without a cloud and the picture. So my new weapon of choice is the MFLB.

i have had it a week and using everyday. When i got it my friend wanted to try it...well we both did it about three hits each and of course i was gone..but really i thought he would not get anything from it as he smokes a few nugs once a day..well i guess i gave him good direction and he drew out and started coughing alot. and he is also a smoker of cigarettes too..and this guy is coughing alot...he said wow that was awesome..we were blazed like a grass fire..he told his wife so the next day i had to go get buzzed with them. all three of us got buzzed off one trench. me and my friend did the second trench as she bowed out as to having to much i guess.

day after that i was blazed and he borrowed it and got him his wife and two others blazed on it again. this little thing has sent a ripple through my area of buds that now want one. We call it Chuck Norris. cause it is like a roundhouse kick from Chuck. leaves you dazed

well i just love this thing even better then the MZ. i like the instant heat and the serious portability of it.

dadesign,

LivingInSpin

TempleGuard said:
I have a few questions about vaping techniques and specifically about pyromon's technique. When I do it, I sometimes see some smoke (or whatever) coming from the back and I dont really feel like anything is going in my throat......

Switch from blow to suck, that should do it. :lol:

LivingInSpin,
Top Bottom