Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Hey guys, I am having an issue. My box is heating up but no vapor is coming out? Is this a battery issue? or what? My herb is still green@! and not even getting me high really. But I can feel the heat while hitting the box, but just no vapor?

Elluzion,

flyfysher

Does anyone grind their herb in a coffee grinder? I was reading the vapormedia blurb on the LB and they indicated grinding it as fine as possible (that is to say, the size of a grain of salt) is preferred. I can't get a mental picture of grinding herb in a coffee grinder because it seems to me you'd have to grind a large amount at any one time. I don't think a small bud would do it. I've heard that to grind your herb in a coffee grinder is a mess because the dust gets over all the place.

What do you use to grind your herb? A two or three level grinder, using your fingers to grind it further both before and after you vape it?

Thanks!

flyfysher,

Gunky

Do you have a multi-meter or something you can use to check battery voltage?

Gunky,

TheDudeAbides

Ordained Dudeist Minister
flyfysher said:
Does anyone grind their herb in a coffee grinder? I was reading the vapormedia blurb on the LB and they indicated grinding it as fine as possible (that is to say, the size of a grain of salt) is preferred. I can't get a mental picture of grinding herb in a coffee grinder because it seems to me you'd have to grind a large amount at any one time. I don't think a small bud would do it. I've heard that to grind your herb in a coffee grinder is a mess because the dust gets over all the place.

What do you use to grind your herb? A two or three level grinder, using your fingers to grind it further both before and after you vape it?

Thanks!

Stay away from coffee grinders unless you are 1. a grower and use your trimmings for bubble hash/swamp water. 2. making vapor brownies or any other edibles. 3. grinding coffee

If you go through a lot of stock just get a large grinder a Space Case I might add. A coffee grinder just pulverizes your stash. you loose a lot of trichs this way. Plus its impossible to reclaim anything from a electronic grinder.

Elbow grease son! I bought the 4 layer SC and was not satisfied with how it ground up. It was still in huge chunks that needed to be separated. I traded it back in and got the large sifter, pill press, and large grinder. The large grinder is awesome. Its gets me that "oatmeal" consistence that I look for in vaping.

I just cleaned my SC and I now use it for grinding my good stock for the min. Mid stock is dry around these parts so if I had that it would all go into the SC. I do tend to pick out as much stems and seed casings/seeds if there are any. Throw it in the duff jar for vapor brownies.

TheDudeAbides,

TheDudeAbides

Ordained Dudeist Minister
Gunky said:
Do you have a multi-meter or something you can use to check battery voltage?

Ummm no...but walmart has taken over the world.

I'M sure they have them for buy one get 10 free.

TheDudeAbides,

MLark

Bluntcrush said:
Hi there MLark,
A wealth of info about MFLB can be found here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=909 I have owned mine for a week and I have found that it is a very stealth portable vape. I also own an Iolite and it gets me equally as ripped (sometimes moreso with the right inhaling/ breathing techniques)

To answer your questions:

1. You can pack about a joints worth of very finely ground material in it. You can refill it very easily and it doesn't require a "cool down" but you can figure you are going to need a few extra batteries if you are going to be vaping with it all day as your primary vape.

If portability is not that important to you then a whip or variable temperature style vape might be more appropriate to a heavy user. (I have an Extreme Q for home use) I have a friend that is what I would consider a chronic user and he uses his Iolite as his primary. It's just a matter of personal taste really.

There is a ton of info on every possible vaporizer on this site. Spend some time looking around and I am sure you will soon be able to make the right decision...

Happy vaping!:)

Yeah spent alot of time in those threads and researched quiet a bit. Thought itd be great to know from you experianced vapers whether using a portable as your main vape heavily would not be a good idea or what. Thanks man. And too you NYCdeisel.

MLark,

reece

flyfysher said:

Thanks!

I don't use a coffee grinder. I tried but for me it is more of a pain. No real mess, mine has a lid (I imagine they all do). But having to brush out the kief, never getting it all, detracts from the overall experience.

I used to use a 4 piece grinder but bought a 5 piece to see what the extra screen did. The bottom screen seems to be the same as the screen on a 4 piece, and the kief looks the same. The top screen is a larger mesh (is that proper terminology?). What collects under there (between the two screens) is the perfect consistency for the Box. The herb that stays on the top screen is perfect (usually, depending) for my Zap.

I also usually remove the top three sections (the bottom screen and kief chamber are left to the side) and turn upside down when grinding. Some mention some sort of mess when turning their grinder upside down. I have never experienced anything of the sort.

Oh, and I freeze my herb. It significantly improves kief collection.

reece,

sundaddy

I use fingers to break up bud, vape 'til dry, dump out, turn to dust by smashing between fingers, vape 'til brown. Never had a grinder, don't need one.

For preparing a lot of herbs. Set out 5-6 big chunks overnight, next day use my fingers, and crush them to dust, put that "powder" in my trusty tic-tac box.

Sorry about your Steelers JD.

sundaddy,

Nycdeisel

2 piece medium Ti Space Case here :D

I keep a pair of tweezers and scissors as part of my tools as well, which is good to supplement the grinder or for very small amounts.

Nycdeisel,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Nycdeisel said:
2 piece medium Ti Space Case here :D

I keep a pair of tweezers and scissors as part of my tools as well, which is good to supplement the grinder or for very small amounts.

Ya know I just bought a 2pc med SC for the LB and it doesn't grind my bud nearly as fine as this little 1.5" knock off I have. I think the teeth being more compacted on the cheap one grind it finer. I can grind the hell out of it with the SC and it wont go that extra step of fine that I like for the LB. I should have gotten the small. Bigger is not always better.

JDSupreme,

willieR

Been here since 2009
pakalolo said:
You cannot replace the screen yourself. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi..._materials_are_used_to_make_the_Launch_Box.3F

You do have a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure whether Magic-Flight replaces the screen or the whole unit. This is a point of interest for those who might have modified the LB in some way, as some have discussed here.

Thank you for that pakalolo. This company really takes care of people. Makes me want to buy more from them. I also like Blissville to purchase through. Very nice and prompt service.

willieR,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Hey guys, do you think it would be a better idea to get a log vape like the Myrtlzap for $160, or get the PA for $64? I think it would be nice to have a log vapeee idk. any ideas?

Elluzion,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Elluzion, hope you didn't get scared away.... :uhoh:
I think you should get both if you can afford it. The PA is a great addition to the LB. And you already know my opinion of the other.... ;)

momofthegoons,

sharkvszombie299

tracking number says my LB went out for delivery today unfortunatly im the mail mans last stop and i normally dont get packages till almost 5 at night....and its only friggin 2......im bout to nap and hope when i wake up its here haha

sharkvszombie299,

max

Out to lunch
momofthegoons said:
Elluzion, hope you didn't get scared away.... :uhoh:
I think you should get both if you can afford it. The PA is a great addition to the LB. And you already know my opinion of the other.... ;)
I agree. Get one. Enjoy the new toy. Then get the other. There's always room for jello and more vapes. ;)

max,

lwien

max said:
I agree. Get one. Enjoy the new toy. Then get the other. There's always room for jello and more vapes. ;)

And with max..........more grinders. ;)

lwien,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
willieR said:
pakalolo said:
You cannot replace the screen yourself. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi..._materials_are_used_to_make_the_Launch_Box.3F

You do have a lifetime warranty. I'm not sure whether Magic-Flight replaces the screen or the whole unit. This is a point of interest for those who might have modified the LB in some way, as some have discussed here.

Thank you for that pakalolo. This company really takes care of people. Makes me want to buy more from them. I also like Blissville to purchase through. Very nice and prompt service.

I contacted Magic-Flight about repairs to customized LBs. You would have to contact them with a detailed description (pictures recommended) and the serial number, and they will tell you if a repair is possible. I have posted the complete details in the Vaporpedia entry:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...ght_repair_my_customized.2Fexotic_wood_Box.3F

I also asked about the stock charger, since a few people have mentioned receiving Tenergy chargers recently. Apparently a stock shortage of the Magic-Flight branded charger resulted in substituting a fully tested compatible Tenergy charger for some shipments. I have added some clarification for the confusion over some Tenergy chargers being not suitable in the Vaporpedia entry:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...argers_does_Magic-Flight_recommend_against.3F

pakalolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
My screen is fine, however I see it as a weak link, which is why I asked.

Thanks again for your great info!

willieR,

Kemeras

I've had my MFLB since December and decided to upgrade with the power adapter (found myself using all my batteries and not being satisfied). I just ordered the power adapter through the MFLB beta site, but I did not use a FC member name (primarily because I wasn't signed up at the time). Will this effect the shipping time (as FC members get priority production and shipping over non FC members), and how long does the process usually take from production to shipment for a non member?

Kemeras,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
JDSupreme said:
I use my coffee grinder for ABV cooking only.

I cant look at all them trichs in the lid :)

Yes me too, great for making cannaflour or just grinding it up fine for oil or butter. But the plastic lid coated with all my good stuff is def. a pain in the ass and no fun.

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom