B.

War Criminal
Yeah,regular baggies are no good for filling bags,check turkey bags or oven bags , most grocery stores have them. Theyre designed to withstand high heat.

B.,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
B. said:
Yeah,regular baggies are no good for filling bags,check turkey bags or oven bags , most grocery stores have them. Theyre designed to withstand high heat.

alright ill look into it, thanks for the help!

Vaporgin.,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
doubledown said:
Just peeled my 2700 batteries. Whats the best way to get the gunk off them so I can have a Magic Flight?

When I peeled my 2700's there was no adhesive at all, the wrapper came right off cleanly.

Maybe different batches or something?

DaveWaves,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
flowmotion said:
I've read through this thread a lot but I simply don't have the time to search for this answer right now. Quick quick question: Can the standard MFLB Charger be used with upgraded batteries, such as the 2700s, etc?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thought I'd throw this in there, regarding the differences bewtween the stock MF batteries (LSD) and the Powerex 2700's (HSD):

"Choosing between them depends on your usage habits. HSD batteries will only provide about 30% longer in use time (say, six solid minutes of "burn" time) which might or might not be significant. They need to be "topped off" every three days or so, but have the advantage that they can be put in a 15 minute charger.

LSD batteries, on the other hand, will remain "ready for use" once they are fully charged for months at a time--people do not have to remember to put them back in the charger as frequently, or keep them there, to be usable. Unfortunately, LSD batteries do not handle 15 minute chargers as well--they need a slower, more accurate charger.

If you mix the two types and also have a fast charger, be sure to mark them so that you don't put LSD batteries through a fast charge cycle. Doing this won't destroy them but it will reduce their lifetime much more quickly."

I made the mistake of putting my stock batteries in my Maha charger on "fast" mode before I read this, so not sure if I damaged them. They still work, but don't seem to have as much "juice" as the others.

DaveWaves,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
danielofski said:
Can the stock charger charge rechargeable aaa?

If your charger has two sets of terminals, then the answer is yes. The AAA's go into the charger in the deeper, narrower set of terminals.

It looks something like this, with the vertical lines representing the top and bottom sets of terminals, and the horizontal line being the bottom of the charger:

l l
l__l

The batteries go in the spaces between the two lines, AA's in the wider space, AAA's in the narrower space.

Hope that helps. :peace:

DaveWaves,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
doubledown said:
Just peeled my 2700 batteries. Whats the best way to get the gunk off them so I can have a Magic Flight?

goo gone. let it sit on there for a muinute or two to really soften the glue up and it comes right off. mistake people make all the time with go gone is not letting it sit and dissolve the goo before wiping.

ru_frothi,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
DaveWaves said:
doubledown said:

When I peeled my 2700's there was no adhesive at all, the wrapper came right off cleanly.

Maybe different batches or something?

all the 2700's ive peeled were clean w/o goo gone. most other batts need a squirt

JDSupreme,

max

Out to lunch
Powerex bats don't have any glue on them. Haven't seen it on Sanyo bats either.

max,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
For those with the PA, I just noticed that the nipple end of the batt had come slightly loosened (like how the button end can turn) and had to tighten it up. I use the thing like 10 times a day so it gets TONS of Box Fucking (in and out....zing). I take the PA out most of the time when I flip and tumble the trench loaf. So it gets lots of work :) Just keep an eye on it.

JDSupreme,

BillieBudd

It appears that this little box is spawning its own lexicon..Trench Loaf and Box Fucking being the latest...if you coined them, well done, JDSupreme !! They may never make to Webster's but we all know exactly what they mean...

BillieBudd,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
BillieBudd said:
It appears that this little box is spawning its own lexicon..Trench Loaf and Box Fucking being the latest...if you coined them, well done, JDSupreme !! They may never make to Webster's but we all know exactly what they mean...

Don't forget the PAMFLB :)

JDSupreme,

BillieBudd

True, but it lacks the poetic imagery of the other two..Nonetheless, Box Fuck the MFLB with the PAMFLB and keep 'em coming...

BillieBudd,

Boombox

Has anyone noticed that using the LB with the acrylic stem is far more enjoyable than using the box native? I switched to native for a long time as I couldn't be bothered to get any iso to clean my stems. I enjoyed native but finally switched back yesterday. Wow. I was a lot higher and the vapour tasted a lot nicer.

I know that the LB was actually designed for native use but for me, with the stem, it is a much nicer and more effective experience. Has anyone else found this?

Also - when people talk about the MFLB whip, do they mean the acrylic stem? I thought "a whip" was flexible rubber tubing but I have not seen anything like that for the MFLB from any vendor, even MF themselves.

Boombox,

Boombox

Has anyone noticed that using the LB with the acrylic stem is far more enjoyable than using the box native? I switched to native for a long time as I couldn't be bothered to get any iso to clean my stems. I enjoyed native but finally switched back yesterday. Wow. I was a lot higher and the vapour tasted a lot nicer.

I know that the LB was actually designed for native use but for me, with the stem, it is a much nicer and more effective experience. Has anyone else found this?

Also - when people talk about the MFLB whip, do they mean the acrylic stem? I thought "a whip" was flexible rubber tubing but I have not seen anything like that for the MFLB from any vendor, even MF themselves.

Boombox,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Boombox said:

I also never hit it native. The taste of the bud with the stem is so much better IMO. Once you get used to using the stem all the time its nothing. And to clean the stem I just run a piece of twisted napkin through it every other day or so. No need for iso. Make sure you use a napkin tho a tissue isnt strong enough and a paper towel is too thick. Rip a piece of the napkin off maybe 4" long by and 1" wide and twist it so one end is tiny enough to feed down the stem. Pull it through and the thicker end grabs all the goo on its way through.

I have a whip but i never use it anymore. Although it comes with a mini 1" stem at either end that I use when I need to go stealth...all the benefits of the stem with the stealth-ness of native :)

JDSupreme,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
MANY posts ago, I stated that I could not ever see the LB getting to the point of combustion. Well, today the trench combusted a bit. I was lazily breathing it in and bam- combustion. This was with a newly charged 2700.

I bring this up to illustrate how much better the 2700's with the LaCrosse charger are! I mean, I don't want it to get that hot, but these batts will produce the heat, where the stock batts/charger won't.

Tstat,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
Boombox said:

I've been using my box native for a couple of weeks, for a couple of reasons. The first is, I can't find my stem, and haven't gotten around to procuring another one. Secondly, I found that native was the best way for me to get a feel for the temp of the vapor, and to learn how to control my draw speed to change the temp. I found out how to carb and control the airflow and "taste" what's going on inside the box, which is a cool thing after combusting for so many years and just tasting smoke.

The tube cools the vapor, and also directs it more to the back of the throat, so Boombox may be getting a more concentrated hit, resulting in a better effect. When I think about how dirty my tube got in just a couple of weeks of use, I'm thinking maybe it's better that stuff gets stuck in the tube, instead of in my throat. And it can be reclaimed using ISO and other things according to some teks I've read, although I haven't gotten around to trying that yet.

I'll probably pick up more tubes for my LB when I break down and order the PA, which I don't really need, but am dying to have. I also may look for glass tubing that is the proper size, which may make flavor better, and cleaning easier.

DaveWaves,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
Tstat said:
MANY posts ago, I stated that I could not ever see the LB getting to the point of combustion. Well, today the trench combusted a bit. I was lazily breathing it in and bam- combustion. This was with a newly charged 2700.

I bring this up to illustrate how much better the 2700's with the LaCrosse charger are! I mean, I don't want it to get that hot, but these batts will produce the heat, where the stock batts/charger won't.

I used the 2700's right from the start since they arrived the same day as my LB, and found that it's VERY easy to go from vape to smoke if I'm not careful. You've got to admit though, it's pretty cool watching the cloud form inside the lid, reminds me of an aerial shot of a hurricane. :o

DaveWaves,

Wolface

I am getting great performance from the 2000mah Eneloops and regular sanyo charger. The batteries are new, but the box is about a year old and still works like day one. I will pick up some powerex 2700s to try someday, but even with a simple,low cost charger the Eneloops really work well for me. And Yes, they can still combust despite the low mah rating.

Wolface,

B.

War Criminal
The short stem is my preference. The long stem never really did it for me, although I did like watching the vapor creep thru the stem.

For super stealth I go native, at home I run it thru my bong.

B.,
Top Bottom