gim

Champ-
Have you spoken to Magic Flight about this? If not I would suggest opening dialog with them.

gim,

champ3185

gim
good point. i guess they are the experts in regards to airflow etc and may have techniques to
alter the unit to increase airflow, i used a toothpoint to pick out some herb from the little gap by where the screen opens.

when i get the power cable and if the unit still does not perform, then i assume that it is a battery connection issue. either way we should identify what exactly is wrong.

thanks
champ

champ3185,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Hey all,

I'm strongly considering whether or not I should order this vaporizer :p. The chances seem very likely that I will, but I was just wondering how vaked this vaporizer will get you - comparatively speaking. I presently have the Iolite (which I love, just as a side note), and I've gotten pretty buzzed off of it. However, the rechargeable batteries are very appealing & the fact that it's totally silent. While the Iolite has cycles to maintain heat, which produces a fairly silent but audible hissing sound. Also, I just want a vaporizer collection and thought the posts on this thread were convincing :D.

And should I order extra batteries? I'll most likely be using this multiple times throughout the day...
:peace:

Blackthoven,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Sorry champ,

Try searching micro hitting rather than micro tokes.

In a nutshell, it is repeated short draws that allow you to gauge the strength and length of the next draw needed ( as well as how long to pause before the next tiny drag). Too hot - longer/harder toke and shorter pause...too cool slower/shorter toke and longer pause.

Stuey, search "Magic flight power" on fc (silly question IMO; much info available for plug in power upcoming for the LB) your choice, search or wait... :shrug:

Blackthoven, iolite rocks, bit mflb is instant on/off, silent, slightly more portable; however has more of a learning curve for use and battery maintenance (as opposed to "just draw" and "fill when empty"). They are both portable, but still compliment each other nicely. I probably use my LB more, but that will depend on your personal needs/habits.

Progress,

champ3185

Progress said:
Sorry champ,

In a nutshell, it is repeated short draws that allow you to gauge the strength and length of the next draw needed ( as well as how long to pause before the next tiny drag). Too hot - longer/harder toke and shorter pause...too cool slower/shorter toke and longer pause.

Stuey, search "Magic flight power" on fc

cheers Progress. good tips from many here..

Stuey, mf are releasing a power cable hopefully within 6 wks and I believe that fc memebrs can order first before stock runs out. I am not too sure tho so double check.. I for one think that this new adaption could increase user satisfaction fast and also amke the unit very appealing to first time buyers.

peace :lol:

champ

champ3185,

champ3185

@pakalolo
how many units do you own and do you find a difference between any of them?

regards

champ

p.s fair play with the vaporpeida..rocks

champ3185,

stuey

champ3185 said:
Progress said:
Sorry champ,

Stuey, search "Magic flight power" on fc

cheers Progress. good tips from many here..

Stuey, mf are releasing a power cable hopefully within 6 wks and I believe that fc memebrs can order first before stock runs out. I am not too sure tho so double check.. I for one think that this new adaption could increase user satisfaction fast and also amke the unit very appealing to first time buyers.

peace :lol:

champ

Thanks.

THe mythical AC adapter.

I know its been in the pipeline for ages, but didnt realise there was an actual release date lined up.

stuey,

champ3185

ya well thats as far as i know on the possible release date. Im sure mf will be on soon to update us on it.

champ3185,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Progress said:
Blackthoven, iolite rocks, bit mflb is instant on/off, silent, slightly more portable; however has more of a learning curve for use and battery maintenance (as opposed to "just draw" and "fill when empty"). They are both portable, but still compliment each other nicely. I probably use my LB more, but that will depend on your personal needs/habits.

How long do the batteries last, and I've read some stuff about various people having difficulties with the batteries, what is it about them that requires maintenance?

Blackthoven,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
stuey said:
There is no mention of a release date in your wiki page.

This is true. I didn't realize you were looking for that particular information. As far as I know, the official release date has not been announced.

champ3185 said:
@pakalolo

Two. One is the regular birch model, the other is a special koa LB that I received as a gift from magicflight for preparing the Vaporpedia page.

My original doesn't have the rubber O ring around the trench or the pushback ring in the battery hole. The major difference is that the koa box provides a much smoother hit. I don't know if that's because it's koa or is just an individual unit difference. It is, however, a beautiful object.

pakalolo,

champ3185

pakalolo said:
stuey said:
There is no mention of a release date in your wiki page.

This is true. I didn't realize you were looking for that particular information. As far as I know, the official release date has not been announced.

champ3185 said:
@pakalolo

Two. One is the regular birch model, the other is a special koa LB that I received as a gift from magicflight for preparing the Vaporpedia page.

My original doesn't have the rubber O ring around the trench or the pushback ring in the battery hole. The major difference is that the koa box provides a much smoother hit. I don't know if that's because it's koa or is just an individual unit difference. It is, however, a beautiful object.

wow. sounds really sweet and a great gift..well deserved
champ

champ3185,

stuey

pakalolo said:

I noticed over the last few days that people were talking about the AC adapter as though it were on sale now. I even checked blissville twice to see if it was on sale.

So when you said do a search.. I did, and couldn't immediately see anything relating to release info.

Then you said.. read the link in my sig.. again.. no release info.

But people seem to be talking about it like its here already or here very very soon.

I think id like one when they do become available.

stuey,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
stuey said:
pakalolo said:

I noticed over the last few days that people were talking about the AC adapter as though it were on sale now. I even checked blissville twice to see if it was on sale.

So when you said do a search.. I did, and couldn't immediately see anything relating to release info.

Then you said.. read the link in my sig.. again.. no release info.

But people seem to be talking about it like its here already or here very very soon.

I think id like one when they do become available.

The way to do that search is to search for author magicflight, showing posts in descending order.

I just did and here's the relevant post:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=92694#p92694

I'm full of shit here because he has announced a release date of sorts, as you'll see. I need to update the Vaporpedia entry for a couple of things, but that will have to wait a few hours. I'm headed out the door right now.

pakalolo,

gim

pakalolo said:

Haha, man my efforts on the EQ pages seems cheapened now! Nice. :D

gim,

Desensitzerrr

I just bought a flight-box and grinder off PuffItUp for $100 shipped. Let me know what accessories I should get. I will be using it only friday night to sunday afternoon and I don't mind breaking up past grinder so I may wait to see if I want a coffee grinder or a real grinder or a C9000 with batteries. Let me know what you guys think.

Desensitzerrr,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
pakalolo said:

Any chance you could put up a pic of that koa model???

Stu,

fuckyourcouch

Got money out the ass no homo but i'm rich
Does it take anyone else 15 min to complete their magic flight box sesh? it litterally takes me 15 minutes minimum to complete my sesh every time. i was wondering if this was normal?

fuckyourcouch,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
fuckyourcouch said:
Does it take anyone else 15 min to complete their magic flight box sesh? it litterally takes me 15 minutes minimum to complete my sesh every time. i was wondering if this was normal?

It depends on how often you're hitting it. I can go through a trench in 5 minutes if I really wanted to, but usually just hit a trench occasionally over an hour or so.

Stu,
Top Bottom