No Smoking!

My stock batteries and charger work just fine...I'll add a couple 3000mah to my arsenal around Christmas

No Smoking!,

rofly1

:lol::lol:after reading many posts on many forums i just received my mflb. charged the bats. it take very long the lights were steady. grind in the hander grinder... drop some in... take a slow toke and a little slower toke and WHAM so much different than combustion...it is hard to describe the batteries are hot
and they dont take long to charge... is that a problem?
thx for all of your knowledgeable inputs and i have a pd due in days looking forward to it

rofly1,

VB-MFLB

rofly1 said:
the batteries are hot
and they dont take long to charge... is that a problem?

If your stage of events happened in a quick sequential order, then your issue may likely be that the batteries generally come pre-charged, from what I have read and been told and then experienced, so you basically charged charged batteries. Also the batteries will get rather warm from the stock charger... this isn't to say something may not be wrong, as they shouldn't get blistering hot.

VB-MFLB,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I had a quick question... I had purchased one of the early LB's almost a year ago... I loved it so much and wanted a newer LB with the new features so I just got it about a week ago...

I noticed the battires that came with my New LB wont fit my Old LB... Why is that??? I want to keep my old LB as a backup.. So why type of battires does the older LB's use vs the newer ones?

I dont understand why they dont fit and dont really want to have to now keep up with 2 "types" of battiers..

mod note: This is the type of problem that deserves a direct inquiry- CustomerService@BlissSville.com (whether you bought it there or not)

Kuroth1,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Kuroth1 said:
I had a quick question... I had purchased one of the early LB's almost a year ago... I loved it so much and wanted a newer LB with the new features so I just got it about a week ago...

I noticed the battires that came with my New LB wont fit my Old LB... Why is that??? I want to keep my old LB as a backup.. So why type of battires does the older LB's use vs the newer ones?

I dont understand why they dont fit and dont really want to have to now keep up with 2 "types" of battiers..

I have 3 LB's myself, earlier versions up to the new one with the o-rings. I also have several types of batteries. The Eneloops that came with my first LB, and I also ended up getting some Ansmann and Powerex. All the batteries fit all my boxes, just some better than others, but they still work.

Vicki,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Vicki said:
Kuroth1 said:

I have 3 LB's myself, earlier versions up to the new one with the o-rings. I also have several types of batteries. The Eneloops that came with my first LB, and I also ended up getting some Ansmann and Powerex. All the batteries fit all my boxes, just some better than others, but they still work.

Thanks for the quck reply... Yea that is what is strange to me that the battires that just came with my new LB dont fit my old LB.. They are too fat or something and will not even fit in the hole... I have not tried forcing it because they really feel like they dont fit.. I would like to get MF input on this if they happen to read my post..

Kuroth1,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Kuroth1 said:
Vicki said:
Kuroth1 said:

Thanks for the quck reply... Yea that is what is strange to me that the battires that just came with my new LB dont fit my old LB.. They are too fat or something and will not even fit in the hole... I have not tried forcing it because they really feel like they dont fit.. I would like to get MF input on this if they happen to read my post..

You could always contact them directly.

Vicki,

kinkster

They changed battery type (or was it brand?) at some point and had to change the box accordingly. I think their old battery supplier dried up on them or something, but MFLB will have to clear that up.

That's too bad it doesn't fit well though.. maybe you could carfuly retrofit something, sand away the wood a lil?

kinkster,

max

Out to lunch
rofly1 said:
the batteries are hot and they dont take long to charge... is that a problem?
Hot batteries after a charge is usually an indication of an overcharge. A smart charger (as cheap as $15 for a MAHA GT) uses a trickle charge after full charge is reached and shouldn't get the bats hot. MF ships low discharge bats, I believe, and they will be charged when you get 'em and will hold nearly a full charge while sitting on the shelf for months. Standard bats, at 2700mAh or higher, provide more vaping time when fully charged, but lose their charge much quicker over time when sitting idle.

max,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

In regards to batteries, we have had to change basic vendors a few times since this product first started shipping. In part this was due to our increasing knowledge of what constitutes a "good battery", and in part this was occasionally due to variances in availability and supply. We started with Tenergy batteries, and then switched to Eneloop, and then transitioned more recently again to MAHA Imedion. Ironically, all three of these are distinct sizes. Insofar as each of these changes has been an improvement in available energy for similar power delivery characteristics, there has also been a consistent increase in the diameter of each cell. Thus, later units, adjusted in tension for the batteries that they ship with, have batteries which are significantly too large for the very earliest of units.

By the way, "significantly larger" here means about 0.007 inches. Not much in absolute terms, but quite a lot in engineering build terms in the specifics of the size and flexibility of the negative terminal ring. These are differences too small to see, but which make a noticeable difference in the tightness of the fit!

-- Magic-Flight

PS: If people have early boxes, and explicitly request replacement batteries from BlissSville.com, we might be able to find a few remaining matching batteries in the warehouse. We will need to know approximately when you purchased your old Box to know what battery to look for.

magicflight,

OC513

Dabaholic
vapirtoo said:
Been using the LB daily for the last five months. I have the original batts and two duracells.
Just recently I noticed that even after being completely recharged my batts are not as strong as they
used to be . That little light seems mighty dim and my draw has slowed down to a whisper,
just to get a good hit.

I thought that all this catwaalering about batts was nit- picking , but
now I see how weak batts can kill the whole experience. Guess I have to get some mahas,
or wait for the power adapter MF is developing. :brow:
Hate to have a wire hanging off my box though. :/

I noticed this same issue on vacation last week.......got home and read the last few pages of this thread and all the talk of the C9000 charger and how good it is made me go order one. Should be here by about Wednesday. Looking forward to having my box hit like it used too

OC513,

appa juice

So I've read quite a few pages on this little guy and I'm pretty much sold. I have an herbalaire and a VG, but due to its lack of portability and cumbersome setup I'm looking for something a little more versatile and this seems to fit the bill. I do have a few questions which I don't believe I found concrete answers to in the past 10 or 20 pages.

1) How many charges can each of the 4 batteries take? It says one charge per bowl, and I would say I'm a two-bowl-a-day kind of guy.
2) How long does the newest generation charger take to charge the batteries, and does it make any noise?
3) I see people buying chargers and batteries that almost equal the cost of the actual vape, is it really worth it/are the stock ones that terrible?
4) I'm concerned about getting just vapor. I don't want a vapor that is really even slightly combusted, and this unit seems as if it is a bit imprecise. Can anyone comment on this?
5) What size of NiMH batteries work? It seems as if different generations come with different batteries, with different diameters. Aren't they all just AA? If I want to buy a set of upgrades, can I do that without spending $80?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, but I did a good bit of lurking...

appa juice,

kdub420

Love the MFLB
I sell and use both the iolite and the launchbox-my customers agree MFLB blows the io away.The io seems pure conduction style while the MFLB tastes and feels more like a hot air extractor- much better.The MFLB also works when it is below freezing-not so much the io- and thats important up in the N.E.Kingdom of Vermont
thanx for the info
kdub

kdub420,

ScoMonster415

HI ALL :D

I own the latest MFLB also but have a couple of questions regarding the batteries since the topic is at hand. It seems that most brand name AA rechargeable batteries work/ fit in the MFLB but my concern is with the coil and or maybe fumes a battery can give off? Maybe this has been discussed sorry! When I look at the coil that makes contact with the batteris its seems that it is either scraped or the "paint" is chipped off from the constant pulling and pushing of the battery. Is this any concern maybe inhaling particles or fumes. Also, does the o-ring prevent this scraping? I use the stock batteries and about 3 other brand name ones and they fit nice without much struggle other than a few. Thanks! :p

ScoMonster415,

vapirtoo

appa juice, Howdy first post.
Combustion is possible but kind of difficult as long as you are pulling
some kind of air over that screen. I wait about 5 seconds before
drawing air and then I take slow brief sips. There is a whole page
on actual technique somewhere back in this thread. :brow:

Our "bowls" are trenches and if you can cash out two trenches in one sitting, :ko: then
you better stock up on batts.

Scomonster415,
Welcome too, and that's one fine vape you got there. Wires in the tunnel should be bare,
naked, no paint anywhere for a good contact. (as in electrical not cheap high). Batts have
to be NIMH 2000+ ma.

vapirtoo,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
vapirtoo said:
Our "bowls" are trenches and if you can cash out two trenches in one sitting, :ko: then

Im assuming its gunna take 2+ trenches to get me high. U are saying I can't accomplish this with only the 2 stock batteries that come with it? This will be extremely dissapointing...

Mr. Smoke No More,

george

Mr. Smoke No More said:
vapirtoo said:

Im assuming its gunna take 2+ trenches to get me high. U are saying I can't accomplish this with only the 2 stock batteries that come with it? This will be extremely dissapointing...

It shouldnt take anybody 2+ trenches to get high

george,

Mr. Smoke No More

We'll see about that, but thats assuring. What if my buddy comes over, does he have to bring his own batteries? I would say we both have quite high vape tolerances

Mr. Smoke No More,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I get approx 20 good tasting hits off one trench (.1g) and with good bud thats about as high as I can get, and 2 trenches to a battery

JDSupreme,

appa juice

So i just pulled the trigger on a brand new MFLB, complete with tubing. I also went to radioshack and bought some enercell rechargeable 2500mAh batteries, which from this thread seem to be powerful enough. With these four and the two I get with it, that should be a pretty solid set up. I look forward to posting my experiences on here.

Just to make sure, the enercell batteries fit with the newest model, correct?

appa juice,

max

Out to lunch
Just to make sure, the enercell batteries fit with the newest model, correct?
Any brand SHOULD fit, but there are many out there and I'm sure MF can't cover every one.

I ran across a two pack of 3000mAh bats the other day- an off brand for sure (Maxuss), and they may be no better than MAHA 2700's (or worse), since they rate their bats conservatively, but I thought a 2 pack for $5.43 with free shipping was worth a try.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7729

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Mr. Smoke No More: I think you'll be quite happy. Everyone has different tolerance, but the job's not done before you finish toasting a trench then I will be extremely surprised.

The LB isn't like your Extreme though. Everything depends on technique: how fast and how long you draw. Obviously longer hits means fewer hits from the same battery. Longer hits also imply slower draws and hotter thicker vapor.

I tend to do fairly short hits: wait about 3-4 seconds, hit for 8-10 seconds. If I go longer I tend to cough it out and I hate that. I barely inhale at all, just enough to draw the vapor out of the LB. I judge when to stop based on the temperature on the tip of my tongue. For me this gives a visible but not thick vapor, about what you get from the 160-180 range on the Extreme v3, but because it all depends on your draw rate it might not be the same for you. You'll just need to experiment a bit, but that's fun to do.

I think I get maybe 12-15 hits per trench this way. I get a nice feeling from just one hit. If I am trying for the ultimate then it might take five hits at most. After that I'm wasting vapor. I have no idea how my tolerance compares to yours, but I combusted almost daily for decades before switching to vaping about a year and half ago. By the way, I find it's a good idea to wait a couple of minutes between hits on the LB, because the little bugger has a way of sneaking up on you.

As far as battery life goes, I get at least two trenches per battery but again, everyone's experience will differ. I'm mostly at home, so I'll use a battery until it's just about drained. If I were out and about, however, I'd allocate one battery per trench just to be cautious.

pakalolo,

vapirtoo

i agree , the LB is a creeper and often I'm caught out there being ripped :ko: :ko:
when I only wanted to get nice because I was being greedy and
impatient. Also it tastes sooo good. :lol:
Currently the sweet kush that I'm enjoying is so smooth that I'm inhaling
way more than is neccessary, believe me... us.... the little LB can hit
just like the big boys!! Technique makes the difference, as well as strong
batts.
One good trench and I'm done for the next hour or two depending on
what I'm doing. I can only handle this shit on vacation or late at night.
I have to be way under the radar with all of this. :brow:

vapirtoo,

Mr. Smoke No More

Nice, this is all very reassuring guys. I was trying to judge by the size of the trench when i saw it at the Toronto expo, seemed like it would be about 2-3 elbows on the extreme, filled to the top of the trench. Im so excited waiting for the launch boxes to get here. Definately gunna rip it until i get it figured out, may even have to go on a little fishing excursion when it gets here. I figure I will have to get the C9000 charger and the MAHA 2700s sooner or later, but should be able to make due one a few batteries for now.

When it gets here is it good to go right out of the box, or is there any packing oils or anything that need to be burnt off?

Edit: How long does it take the current stock charger to charge the stock batteries? Hard to find things searching this thread sometimes because its so huge, comes up witl tons of miss hits.

Mr. Smoke No More,
Top Bottom