TommyDee

Vaporitor
Yea, V1.0 was lifetime and replacements were V2.0 which sucked and then came 2.1 which still sucked so 3.0 was born but yes, 90 days. That's my approximate gleaning. I have a nicely functioning v1.0. I don't think a lot changed in the circuit, just the packaging. They were front-runners so a lot of tech is homegrown.

TommyDee,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Yea, remember it was lifetime when I first heard about it. Seems really nice, but I think I stopped vaping and started smoking cause I was hanging with peeps and smoking was cooler.

scy123,

Choices

Evolve vaping only makes boards. It's nice cause they list literally all specs and you can question them further (they are US company so way legit).

For acual products

The one I have is a Lost Vape Paranormal 250c. Which is made by lost vape but uses Evolve made hardware.

I can see the confusion though. Not a lot of stuff is like this. Evolve Vaping makes best hardware.... but only sells circuit boards for other mfg to use.

Edit: acually this is kinda common like Nvidia and such.

So this is sorta like separate audio pieces being used to create a killer system? What is the unit in the pic you posted that has the MFLB attached to it? It appears to be a different size and have a smaller form factor....

Choices,

scy123

Target mini.

Edit: Sorry I meant Evolve makes electronics, not hardware. A lot of mfg buy Evolve boards and add their own hardware to sell.

Last edited:
scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
...and those OEM's burn their own code to manage their specific intent. Some good hackers have given their due, and others not so much.

Definitely like the openness of of the Evolve offerings. That is serious tech dude!
Knowing what the Evolve module 'evolves' into at the OEM site is another story.
That's the real story we need with LB data. Even the simplest Evolve module will do LB duty if indeed we can use 0.1 ohm mods.

The Mini only does 0.15 ohm min. in watts mode :doh:

Last edited:
TommyDee,

scy123

The newest offerings will read ridiculously low, for sure will read anything the mflb is. They list 0.02ohm on their spec sheet. You can calibrate the ohm readings too, with a pure copper 510 plug.

Edit: and I tested the mini to power a 0.11 ohm tank yesterday. Was also looking at past 510 mod attempts earlier and most have the regular mflb measured approx 0.15ohm. Also specs on the mini show 0.1ohm is lowest it will go.

Edit: also I remember their was a target mini v2. It will read ohms down to 0.03ohm......

Last edited:
scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
TC readings was down to o.10 ohms. Didn't see the v2.0. That'll solve it if that is true in watts mode.

Yes, those kits with the target mini II should have many of the required parts. And under $50. Only drawback may be timeout.

Last edited:
TommyDee,

scy123

Are you using the Mini Volt or something? I remember Mini Volt being mentioned. I was talking about the Target Mini, sorry for the confusion.

Edit: yea timeout is a problem and I imagine playing with the button is not gonna make for good experience. Gonna have to find something that suits you. My mod has adjustable timeout as few others. Most will timeout around 10s though.

One of the main reasons for wanting temp control to work was getting it to heat up faster, so you would ideally be able to take a quick pull before it timed out.

Last edited:
scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Yes, I am also talking about your target mini and the target mini 2. I have a mini volt and doesn't work on the LB.

Question: does the Target Mini have a way to defeat any kind of timeout on the fire button? And is it likely that the Target Mini II is the same?

TommyDee,

scy123

The Target mini timeout is not adjustable. Don't know about target mini 2 but I dout it.

Oh, I remember most mods have a boost setting. It will boost watts at beginning of pull so heat up time is less. That will definitely be useful. Ideally I wanted people to be able to press the button and get a nice draw with no heat up time.

scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Yea, me too. I am aware of the mode. Target Mini II w/ a genuine Vaporesso tank is a good price right now. Can you collect data with the Target Mini?

TommyDee,

scy123

Target mini can not collect data. If you wanted to collect data without spending a wad you can get something supported by ArcticFox custom firmware https://github.com/maelstrom2001/ArcticFox

If it's supported by ArcticFox it means you can flash the firmware, so you can do all sorts of crazy stuff, just be careful lol.

BTW: NFE Toolbox is the app they use to collect data. I am not sure if all supported mods would be able to collect data, so should confirm if that's what your interested in.

Last edited:
scy123,

scy123

BTW found the original guide I made. https://imgur.com/a/CKIlx (scroll down)

The original did not have the steel rod. Would be up to you if you wanted to add it. Basically just cut off top of tube and slide a form fitting rod down.

scy123,

scy123

The negative on the adapter design is around 14.15mm diameter. That is the standard and no modifications (unless the original mfg changed it)

Never had any issues with negative on it. I did adjust it once when I wanted better connections. Just push down the loop on mflb hard enough to bend. I took mines out to do this, so no suggestions on how to do with it in place. Here is example pic (the part where my pinky is is what you want to push up on)

https://i.imgur.com/Sjjn49a.jpg

scy123,

scy123

I think the rails/connections on mines broke loose with heat lol. It comes out pretty easy now. Don't see how it would interfere with operating and kinda like it cause I can just take it out for whatever reason.

scy123,

Choices

I found it for $22 with FedEx 2 day shipping included on a site here in the US. @scy123 is this what I need to get? Thanks.

Choices,

Choices

That one didn’t have a PayPal option but I went ahead with getting a black one. It will be here within a few days. Never had a mod before. Silly exciting!

Choices,
Top Bottom