The Lotus Vaporizer

4-Aces King-High

6:50pm and no Lotus yet . Oohhh the VAS
Received the Lotus with a ding? in my plate. So by my nature - I’m going to fix. Used A Gerber multi-tool with duck-bill pliers to remove the screws. Well I am now Looking for A Replacement Heating plate now-having dinged my plate with the pliers, I did get one good bowls’ worth in for great taste, and Vapor of which my technique needs to get better. Also enjoying knowing I am not getting butane in the Draw.

4-Aces King-High,

colgorkan

Received the Lotus with a ding? in my plate. So by my nature - I’m going to fix. Used A Gerber multi-tool with duck-bill pliers to remove the screws. Well I am now Looking for A Replacement Heating plate now-having dinged my plate with the pliers, I did get one good bowls’ worth in for great taste, and Vapor of which my technique needs to get better. Also enjoying knowing I am not getting butane in the Draw.

The hot plate should work fine unless you really boofed it. The plates oilcan (warp) over time due to the repeated extreme temperature variance on the thin metal plates. This is just physics, not a flaw in the design. We all want near instant performance and this is the inevitable trade-off.

Be super careful anytime you touch the screws. Do not over tighten. They should be snug, not tight at all or the wood will strip out at least on the OG caps, not sure about the olive.

Slowing things down a bit while using the Lotus and never going beyond the slightest orange glow on the metal will greatly increase the life of the hotplates. Take a few seconds preheating the entire inner circle of the plate without focusing on any one point gives excellent results. The plates will last a long time over thousands of heat cycles if there aren't extreme temperature variances over the plate.

Hot spots will eventually lead to cracks. I know as I am going on ten years with this vape (currently have six or seven caps in rotation) and have a dozen cracked (pinholed) plates to show for it. The last three or four years I've only had to change a couple plates after slowing things down and keeping the torch a bit further away so the heat is less concentrated. The heat is still there and transferred over a larger area of the hotplate reducing the temperature variances that lead to cracks and improving the overall performance of the cap. Even heating of the plate leads to even heating of the payload and everybody is happy.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I just picked up a blackwood pipescents and it definitely works with the Lotus for those who are looking for a wood stem.
PXL-20230831-050556898.jpg

The vapor was a little hot, and I still prefer a j-hook but YMMV.

ezpz

I just picked up a blackwood pipescents and it definitely works with the Lotus for those who are looking for a wood stem.
PXL-20230831-050556898.jpg

The vapor was a little hot, and I still prefer a j-hook but YMMV.
I’ve been enjoying my wooden stem more than my j-hook. I take long slow draws so the area under the bowl can get really hot to hold, forcing me to hold the hook closer to where my mouth is. With the wooden stem, I can hold it under the bowl (like you would a traditional pipe), no problem.

I also stopped using the wpa in favor of my modded Couchlog bowl, mainly because the bowl is smaller.

Last edited:

kimura

lotus store is online and re-stocked! I just tried to snag one of the new caps but couldn't complete the purchase using my credit card.. might have been my VPN but my bank also flagged it as potential fraud. I'll try again later

coolbreeze

d1ea4c47ba48571d6311ce650124e73f54f74a3b573b4793f695c1282de0554c.jpg

Dear Lotus community,

Today is a big day for the Lotus!
The official sale starts today.
We are happy that also those who missed the pre orders have now the chance to buy a new beautiful Italian olive wood Lotus. Furthermore the concentrate pad and some spares are available in the new website.

Stay tuned for what the future may bring.
ENJOY SOME HUGE LOTUS CLOUDS :)
Cheers, Michael and David

Sale includes seperate cap; cap+wpa; wpa; plates; concentrate pads; Vapman lighter.

Last edited:

sedentree

I believe English isn’t their first language but the announcement could be misconstrued as the items being discounted although what they mean is the items are now generally available ✌️

It’s been said before but it would be super sweet if they combined their two web stores into one, Vapman and Lotus together! 👍

GoldenBud

I believe English isn’t their first language but the announcement could be misconstrued as the items being discounted although what they mean is the items are now generally available ✌️
English is not their first language I am 99% sure...
It’s been said before but it would be super sweet if they combined their two web stores into one, Vapman and Lotus together! 👍
Interesting idea and I almost wanted to say I totally agree, but the lotus website has some of the "spirit" of Max Jitter too and I think it should be kept this way... nostalgia kind of feeling...

sedentree

I wonder also if they have a schedule where they focus on one product line at a time so maybe it would be harder to keep both lines in stock at the same time 🤔

coolbreeze

I wonder also if they have a schedule where they focus on one product line at a time so maybe it would be harder to keep both lines in stock at the same time 🤔
Yeah, I wonder. It looked like the deal went through so they jumped on it for the launch. I've seen some pics of the Vapman Stations being assembled too. So far no sightings of the Wunderlampe though...

jbm

Yeah, I wonder. It looked like the deal went through so they jumped on it for the launch. I've seen some pics of the Vapman Stations being assembled too. So far no sightings of the Wunderlampe though...
I was just wondering about the Station launch this morning.

kimura

just got my order in for a new cap! this makes me happy and nostalgic

I have a 10+ year old OG that is one of my all time favorites, an absolute stalwart that is quick, flexible, efficient, pure, effective. but it has so many memories on it and it could use a break. I am so thrilled to see this come back. I got the memo from Max when he was liquidating his remaining stock but I didn't act on it for some reason and it's haunted me ever since then. the rebirth of the Lotus gives me an unexpected chance at vape redemption. can't wait to take it for a spin and see how it's evolved. so fitting that it's also the same people who carried on the also legendary Vapman. I'm going to have an OG and new version of each

while I'm having my wishes granted - it would be amazing if the high-temp cap also made a reappearance

Tji89

I thought they struggled with producing high temp cap and isn't included yet.

I'm waiting for the high temp cap myself.

Edit:

Hm, guess I'm senile.

"We are using the high te,p cap design. Just the tool of the standart hotplate got damaged so we decided together with steven to use for now the starbust hotplate. But in the near future we will make a new tool and sell also the standart hotplate. Material is the same for both :)"

From the vapman dudes 🪷😊

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I never used and eventually sold my high temp cap. If I recall, it took quite a long heat-soak with the torch before getting to temps for full extraction, and I went back to the OG plate.

Admittedly, there was one cap that was elusive and I never got my hands on. The Teal painted caps always stole my attention.
lotus-vaporizer-caps-300x270.jpg

coolbreeze

Now available at a head shop near you:

Top Bottom