The Lotus Vaporizer

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
Hi Vaporistas, here is my Lotus cap after years of solid service. I have replaced the hot plate once a few years ago, not because it stopped working, but rather it was looking rough. I called in and spoke to Mendocino Therapeutics and they told me if its still working well then its all good but I figured it has given me years of service, the least I could do was replace the hotplate.

My partner really loves the Lotus and its been a daily driver. I almost picked up another for myself so we could hit our Lotus together rather than take turns :)

k32847799074.jpg
p41468222813.jpg

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
been using my new plate, but on the camber side - not on the concave side. great. works better. can heat the center of the plate without combustion. a little bit slower extraction but great perfrormance!
Good innovation! It probably spreads the heat more evenly around the 'hump' and eliminates any hot spots in the bowl.

colgorkan

beast unregulated vape!

It's like a classic 1960s sport car. Fully manual and infinitely adjustable and capable of melting rubber when required. You need to know how to work all the levers and gears and work a bit harder shifting and steering but it is still the sweetest ride out there.

Hey Max, noticed the sale, thanks. Could there be a way to offer something like a three pack of hotplates for like $30 (or whatever is fair) without screws and allen wenches. I have more than a lifetime supply of those but would like to stock up a bit on the consumables.

GoldenBud

It's like a classic 1960s sport car. Fully manual and infinitely adjustable and capable of melting rubber when required. You need to know how to work all the levers and gears and work a bit harder shifting and steering but it is still the sweetest ride out there.
so true. with the right herb+preheat time+flame length it can be the hardest hitter out there.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Max, noticed the sale, thanks. Could there be a way to offer something like a three pack of hotplates for like $30 (or whatever is fair) without screws and allen wenches. I have more than a lifetime supply of those but would like to stock up a bit on the consumables.
A good idea. We also actually have a lot of hot plates that have very small dimples in them. Not enough to affect anything but noticeable because of the mirror finish. Would anyone be interested in those?

BestBuds

The Dude
A good idea. We also actually have a lot of hot plates that have very small dimples in them. Not enough to affect anything but noticeable because of the mirror finish. Would anyone be interested in those?
Do you mean a hammered finish or the dimple in the middle is smaller?

BestBuds,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Do you mean a hammered finish or the dimple in the middle is smaller?
Everything is exactly the same. The hot plate is made by photo-machining and sometimes some of the photo-resist is left on the plate. When the plate is stamped you can see the impressions of the particles. Too small to measure but are obvious with good lighting.

David and Michael,
Reactions: BestBuds

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Very thoughtful of you. I would be interested in giving my Lotus an upgrade. Didn't know if there was anything else needed to be done, besides switching out the hot plate, on a unit that was purchased back in December of 2014? I thought I remembered something about a insulator between the wood and plate?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: ataxian

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Very thoughtful of you. I would be interested in giving my Lotus an upgrade. Didn't know if there was anything else needed to be done, besides switching out the hot plate, on a unit that was purchased back in December of 2014? I thought I remembered something about a insulator between the wood and plate?
That was a transition period for the Lotus. Does your cap have a metal spacer ring under the hot plate and what does it look like, or a spiked ring around the diffuser plate (with all the holes)?

David and Michael,
Reactions: ataxian

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'd have to look for the allen wrench to be sure. I sent your contact email a pic of the cap I have. Thanks

BabyFacedFinster,

darkstar72

@GoldenBud nice clouds. The lotus sure can extract tasty large clouds. I see from the video you are using the aluminum pipe/stem. I just got mine a month ago and it so much better than my dynavap m with ti-tip. Such better air flow and flavor. My clouds aren't like yours though as I load tiny amounts. The Lotus works amazing well for micro-dosing. The lotus is my favorite on demand convection vape. Quick extraction and too shelf flavor is what it delivers.

GoldenBud

Lotus and VapCap are not in the same league because with VapCap you lose terpenes when you heat without inhaling....VapCap is great only comparing to its size....
btw @darkstar72 this cloud is from around 0.1g...but it's also enjoyable device for less than that

Last edited:

darkstar72

@FlyingLow - Yes it totally destroys the Vapcap in every way but pocketability.

@GoldenBud - I agree the lotus works really well for less than .1 gram. I load .01 to .02 grams. Max, the creator, suggested raising the screen so it is closer to the heat source for smaller amounts. I took it a step further by putting a countersunk finish washer under the screen to reduce the hole size. The hot air flows through where I put my minimal amount of herb (the center of the screen) instead of around it.

Here are pictures of the setup. The inverted ¾ inch screen holds the washer and upper screen from moving. I had to file the stainless steel for 10 minutes to get it to fit.

Convection wins over conduction (Lotus vs Dynavap). Both are simple, reliable and made for the long term. One is my daily driver and one is for occasional use out of the house.

a.jpeg

b.jpeg

Top Bottom