The Lotus Vaporizer

sherb

Al.gif

Natural Farmer is referring to the aluminum stem.

Meghan

And on the topic of converting combustion friends, I think the lighter to bowl ritual/habit is a hard one to shake for a lot of people, so it feels more natural to vape with the lotus coming from that perspective, and it's not full of questionable electronics and other materials that might seem intimidating to some. I have not had the opportunity to convert anyone yet, but I can see why so many are having success :tup:

I had a combusting friend come over and I showed her my Solo, Pinnacle Pro, and Lotus. She had tried a vaporizer in the past--she wasn't sure what kind, but I'm guessing a Vapolution or something along those lines. Anyway, she hit the Solo and thought it was nice...smooth, and flavorful. She seemed like she thought it was okay, but she definitely wasn't blown away. She didn't even want to try the Pinnacle Pro.

Then I showed her the Lotus. Instant acceptance and enthusiasm. Her wife bought one for her birthday a few weeks later, and she's been enjoying it ever since. When we were looking at the vapes, she was specifically drawn to the Lotus because it most closely resembled the combusting ritual she was attached to. That's why I love it, too.

I'm still completely in love with the Lotus.

natural farmer

I have experienced similar reactions amongst combustors. Also with the VG glass sherlock, it's a very pipe-like experience. The only electric portable that everyone seems to like is the firefly.

Lotus and Firefly... They could be brothers... The old school one and the new age one! Same philosophy, different execution. :2c:

Thanks NF, this thing got me very medicated on one bowl :tup: but what's an al stem?

The Lotus is the only vape so far that I find it easy to keep a low tolerance. It's the only vape I have tried that can get me, or anyone I know, high with a couple of hits! With my Solo for example I had to do a couple or three bowls with bigger loads than the Lotus so I can get there... And I was using better meds back then. I was blowing huge clouds as well with my Solo and INH and Hot Pod but it just wasn't the same. Very strange thing...

There must be something different when you have so much heat on tap and so much control over a hit... It somehow hits harder.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
There must be something different when you have so much heat on tap and so much control over a hit... It somehow hits harder.

The SOLO doesn't hit as hard as a LOTUS for sure.

I like the LOTUS for different reasons.
The SOLO I have 3 of them.
Love the automation and as a MEDICAL DEVICE it's a no nonsense vaporizer.
Level 3 Dry and Level 4 Wet. Level 7 if you want a different type of medication.

The LOTUS does have good flavor.
For getting a recreational buzz it's great.
For medical control?

Don't misunderstand me PLEASE!

I am glad I own a LOTUS and will use it once in a while.

However I think its far from being a medical device.
Depends on your needs.

Recreational = LOTUS

MEDICAL = Battery or Plug-in

Just trying to figure out the difference in option?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Recreational = LOTUS

MEDICAL = Battery or Plug-in

Just trying to figure out the difference in option?

I agree with everything you said earlier except this classification.

First of all a battery or plug-in unit is not a guarantee of selective cannabinoid extraction, which is what you need in a medical usage.

And also, a medical usage might need a specific low temperature or a specific high temperature, so the Lotus and other non-electric vapes can be used perfectly as a medical device.

If you want low temp vaping in a heat-on-demand unit such as the Lotus, or a fixed temp device like the HI/UD, you can vape until the herb is light brown or until is dark brown and you'll achieve similar results as using a electric vape until a specific lower temperature (<200C).

For medical usage it is also good to bear in mind that conduction changes the cannabinoid extraction profile to a more sedative high and with less terpenes which also have a medical application.

So, separating medical/recreational based on the power source is simplistic and prone to many exceptions.

The Lotus can work as a medical device with some restrictions. Likewise the Solo also has restrictions for a medical user. The Nano also has restrictions for a medical user.

The best units for these purposes are the ones who have accurate temperature control with automatic temperature regulation, convection heating and no conduction and temperatures than can start from 160C. Examples: Herbalizer and Aromed.

natural farmer

I really don't understand what makes a vaporizer better for medical use… Better for specific medical conditions maybe? Not being able to have a good grasp or something, I understand it… But as far as temps and effects go, you can pretty much achieve the same results by temp control and a manual vape imo.

The Lotus is perfectly capable of small, low temp vaping and the bowl can be stretched a lot if that's what you want… Some more delicate temp control is needed but if you can drive a car and not crashing with everybody else on the road then a manual vape can also be used just like a set temp one… :2c:

natural farmer,
Reactions: Gray Area

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I agree with everything you said earlier except this classification.

First of all a battery or plug-in unit is not a guarantee of selective cannabinoid extraction, which is what you need in a medical usage.

And also, a medical usage might need a specific low temperature or a specific high temperature, so the Lotus and other non-electric vapes can be used perfectly as a medical device.

If you want low temp vaping in a heat-on-demand unit such as the Lotus, or a fixed temp device like the HI/UD, you can vape until the herb is light brown or until is dark brown and you'll achieve similar results as using a electric vape until a specific lower temperature (<200C).

For medical usage it is also good to bear in mind that conduction changes the cannabinoid extraction profile to a more sedative high and with less terpenes which also have a medical application.

So, separating medical/recreational based on the power source is simplistic and prone to many exceptions.

The Lotus can work as a medical device with some restrictions. Likewise the Solo also has restrictions for a medical user. The Nano also has restrictions for a medical user.

The best units for these purposes are the ones who have accurate temperature control with automatic temperature regulation, convection heating and no conduction and temperatures than can start from 160C. Examples: Herbalizer and Aromed.
The HERBALIZER I plan to purchase this coming year.
What illness do you have?
If you you have difficulty with your coordination ease of operation are very important as in my case.

I know the science of cannabis so please you don't need to convert me.

I can go by feeling.

The LOTUS is great for certain people.
I like it however definitely not a driver in my situation!
I really don't understand what makes a vaporizer better for medical use… Better for specific medical condition maybe? Not being able to have a good grasp or something, I understand it… But as far as temps and effects go, you can pretty much achieve the same results by temp control and a manual vape.

The Lotus is perfectly capable of small, low temp vaping and the bowl can be starched a lot if that's what is needed… Some more delicate temp control is needed but if you can drive a car and not crashing with everybody else on the road then a manual vape can be learned in no time! :2c:

What medical condition do you have?
I have learned how to use the LOTUS.
Sorry it's OK!
however I'm most likely not the expert you are with it.

I can drive a manual car.
However the cars I drive today are completely automatic and smooth.

Do you believe that you are qualified to advise me on how to handle my illness?

If you are what is the cure?

Last edited:

natural farmer

If you you have difficulty with your coordination ease of operation are very important as in my case.

I can go by feeling.

Difficulties with co-ordination for sure can prove to be a frustration with a lighter powered vape but that's not the same as saying it's not good for medical users… I mean, pain control is excellent with the Lotus...

natural farmer,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I wasn't trying to convert you ataxian, i was explaining my point. And i don't use it for medical needs.

I was just conveying my opinion that such a gross generalization is wrong and misleading.

You can use the Lotus as a medical unit, IF the medical problems you have are solved with its usage AND if you don't have any issues in regard to operating the unit.

Kudos on the Herbalizer, it is in my opinion the epitome of the medical vaporizer in the current market. And adresses all the issues and all the different needs of different users and their ilnesses.

Last edited:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I find the Lotus to be one of the cleaner tasting vaporizers I've tried, and the variation of control does make it a heavy contender for pain relief, as personally I NEED those higher, near combustion temps to get the effects I desire from my cannabis use. The term medical is a bit of a loose term as it covers a broad spectrum of possible conditions and reasons for use. I find the debate between med and rec use to be a bit of a :worms: topic. One thing I know for sure, I am able to achieve the desired results I am seeking with the Lotus with ease, and after trying so many other vaporizers, from powered to flame, this is one is at the top of my list of "pure" tasting vapes available right now.

On another topic, I have been experimenting with sticking whole nug into my lotus bowl, instead of ground. I just take a morsel and press it down in there, flatten it a bit, but it's still a loose enough pack to get air flow. Been the absolute tastiest vapor yet, and it seems to really penetrate through the bud, after a few hits I break it apart, stir and it looks relatively evenly toasted. Get a few more hits after a stir and it's spent. Not sure how many have tried not grinding w/the lotus...
works great for me :tup:

Last edited:

natural farmer

I can go by feeling.

What medical condition do you have?
I have learned how to use the LOTUS.
Sorry it's OK!
however I'm most likely not the expert you are with it.

I can drive a manual car.
However the cars I drive today are completely automatic and smooth.

Do you believe that you are qualified to advise me on how to handle my illness?

If you are what is the cure?

No need to get defensive mate… No one is attacking you here… It's just that medical uses of cannabis cover a wide spectrum of conditions and broad generalizations sure don't help a new potential owner get the full picture of a vape. We are just talking here… ;)

Auto cars are nice and comfy… Race cars are faster and more efficient! :p

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I wasn't trying to convert you ataxian, i was explaining my point. And i don't use it for medical needs.

I was just conveying my opinion that such a gross generalization is wrong and misleading.

You can use the Lotus as a medical unit, IF the medical problems you have are solved with its usage AND if you don't have any issues in regard to operating the unit.

Kudos on the Herbalizer, it is in my opinion the epitome of the medical vaporizer in the current market. And adresses all the issues and all the different needs of different users and their ilnesses.
I was surfing HAWAIIAN Winters as a kid.
30 foot plus waves over a shallow coral reef.
We had COLAS bigger than your legs!
ZIG ZAGS were our vaporizers.
No need for high tech growing (Just broadcast seeds and harvest a few months latter.

I enjoyed my recreational dayz!

Different time now.
For me I'm a medical patient these days.
Cannabis just happens to work better than what the doctors are offering!

My situation as caused me to have options!

I wish I had a LOTUS back in the day!

vorrange

Vapor.wise
ataxian, you keep implying that the Lotus is not a good medical unit and it is a good recreational unit but that is only true in your experience and in your situation.

It is too subjective of a topic to generalize like you do.

Great times you had as a kid though. ;)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
ataxian, you keep implying that the Lotus is not a good medical unit and it is a good recreational unit but that is only true in your experience and in your situation.

It is too subjective of a topic to generalize like you do.
Maybe I generalize and my statements are self centered?

If I was healthy I think the LOTUS would definitely be my preference over Joints or Bong Rips!

ataxian,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
ataxian, i think so, yes.

Nothing wrong though, personal experiences are good to share as we can relate if we have similar personal experiences and needs. :)

We just need to be careful with generalizations, they may help you see the big picture or they may steer you towards the wrong decision.

Meghan

For what it's worth, I'm a medical patient and the Lotus is one of my very favorite ways to medicate. IMHO, the number and scope of qualifying conditions means that it's impossible to make generalizations when it comes to the "best" way to use cannabis therapeutically. A friend of mine has pulmonary hypertension, and yes, the Lotus is not the right way for her to medicate. She doesn't want to inhale anything because she wears an oxygen tank constantly just to breathe. So she prefers Cheeba Chews. My best friend is a medical patient, with ulcerative colitis...she favors dabbing and oil pens. Another friend with HIV does it all...dabbing, edibles, joints, vaping with an Underdog I sold him...whatever works.

As for me, I run the gamut. The Lotus and the Firefly are daily drivers, and I usually dab daily as well. I use my Solo a few times a week, probably. Depending on my situation at the moment, I may also eat edibles, although they're my last choice. I will say that the Solo is NOT the device I use if I want to get heavily medicated. It's also not the device to use if I want to get medicated FAST! On the other hand, it is the vape I reach for when I'm feeling so physically ill that I can't even sit up in bed (which, thankfully, is not a lot of the time, and the condition that makes me feel that way is NOT the primary condition my recommendation was given for).

Also, as a medical patient on a budget, I appreciate how completely efficient the Lotus is. The Solo, while one of my favorite vapes, is not so great for me when I'm vaping while distracted. This happens a lot. lol. I've decided (as a medical patient) that I most like vapes that allow me to take a hit or two and then set it aside without cooking herb I won't be inhaling. For that reason, I do use my Lotus (and the Firefly) more than the Solo now.

Anyway, so while I completely agree that different vaporizers and methods of ingestion have varying benefits and weaknesses in different situations, I don't feel like it's so easy to separate into medical vs. recreational. Every medical user is different and will have different preferences depending upon their condition, their budget, their vaping style, etc. A medical cannabis user can range from the severely physically impaired to those who struggle with mental conditions. There is no one size fits all.

The reason I felt compelled to post this, by the way, is that the Lotus is probably my very favorite vaporizer (even for medical use). I'd hate for anyone to get the wrong idea about its suitability as a serious medical device! It's no more or less suitable to deliver health benefits than any other vape. It just depends on how you like to medicate.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
For what it's worth, I'm a medical patient and the Lotus is one of my very favorite ways to medicate. IMHO, the number and scope of qualifying conditions means that it's impossible to make generalizations when it comes to the "best" way to use cannabis therapeutically. A friend of mine has pulmonary hypertension, and yes, the Lotus is not the right way for her to medicate. She doesn't want to inhale anything because she wears an oxygen tank constantly just to breathe. So she prefers Cheeba Chews. My best friend is a medical patient, with ulcerative colitis...she favors dabbing and oil pens. Another friend with HIV does it all...dabbing, edibles, joints, vaping with an Underdog I sold him...whatever works.

As for me, I run the gamut. The Lotus and the Firefly are daily drivers, and I usually dab daily as well. I use my Solo a few times a week, probably. Depending on my situation at the moment, I may also eat edibles, although they're my last choice. I will say that the Solo is NOT the device I use if I want to get heavily medicated. It's also not the device to use if I want to get medicated FAST! On the other hand, it is the vape I reach for when I'm feeling so physically ill that I can't even sit up in bed (which, thankfully, is not a lot of the time, and the condition that makes me feel that way is NOT the primary condition my recommendation was given for).

Also, as a medical patient on a budget, I appreciate how completely efficient the Lotus is. The Solo, while one of my favorite vapes, is not so great for me when I'm vaping while distracted. This happens a lot. lol. I've decided (as a medical patient) that I most like vapes that allow me to take a hit or two and then set it aside without cooking herb I won't be inhaling. For that reason, I do use my Lotus (and the Firefly) more than the Solo now.

Anyway, so while I completely agree that different vaporizers and methods of ingestion have varying benefits and weaknesses in different situations, I don't feel like it's so easy to separate into medical vs. recreational. Every medical user is different and will have different preferences depending upon their condition, their budget, their vaping style, etc. A medical cannabis user can range from the severely physically impaired to those who struggle with mental conditions. There is no one size fits all.

The reason I felt compelled to post this, by the way, is that the Lotus is probably my very favorite vaporizer (even for medical use). I'd hate for anyone to get the wrong idea about its suitability as a serious medical device! It's no more or less suitable to deliver health benefits than any other vape. It just depends on how you like to medicate.
@Megan very well written.
I know we are all different and one size doesn't fit everyone.
However I like the LOTUS and it does taste good I find it hard for me to use.

The LSV will medicate to a state of COMA level if I so desire.

The NANO with water is super easy.

The VAPOLUTION 2 is flavor city.

The SOLO is a maintance tool for me.

Don't get me wrong I think the LOTUS is basic simple and very useful for many people.
My cerebellum is shrinking.
The cerebellum controls your cordination. CANNABIS works better than what the PHD's want to give me.

Cannabis is 100000x better than any vaporizer.

Anyone vaporizer is not the "HOLY GRAIL" CANNABIS is!

I use the LOTUS because I like the challenge!

Top Bottom