1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lotus Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Max Jitter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. pjwalm

pjwalm Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Need to get back into vaping.

Miss my lotus like hell.

I've had four Lotus. Great vapes. I've got a grasshopper and 1st gen firefly now. Anyone looking to buy a TI Grasshopper? :)

Any thoughts on how the caps compare? I kinda wanna get into concentrates but someone gave me a nail i have yet to put to use.

@Max Jitter

I saw you mentioned potentially making something new. Have you considered a ti bubbler (maybe some sort of shower head or j hook diffusion). I loved by al pipe but the water really improves the vapor. :)

Also, missed the sale. Do you guys have any plans on bringing it back to continue to clear out the rest of the old stock? ;)

The Beagle and paehtod like this.
  2. paehtod

paehtod Well-Known Member

There is a 10% off discount code once you made your first purchase :tup:

Poostuff and Squiby like this.
  3. Max Jitter

Max Jitter Manufacturer Manufacturer

We really aren't working on any glass since so many people do it so well. I have tested this mod (soak the cleaner in water before inserting), which works OK but not as good as a real bubbler.
    [​IMG]

We still have the original vapor cap discounted by 20%. The discount will continue until they are all gone. There is one original that is painted black that is looking for a home.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2018
  4. BT Bean

BT Bean Bredda Gravalicious

Still using this beautiful beast multiple times daily. I find it to be incredibly consistent. Every time I put flame to metal I can coax out exactly the hit I want. The first hit is always terpene laden with an exquisite mouth coating effect. I just love this little marvel. And the customer service is second to none. I had an issue with the cap after taking it apart and Max responded to my pleas for help almost instantly with clear instructions that alleviated the issue. Kudos Max!

Everyone should have a Lotus in their arsenal.

5. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

Finally found so time to upload some photos so I thought I’d start with the Lotus.
    Here’s the first one I bought:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to grab some more gear after that:

[​IMG]

You don’t see this often:

[​IMG]

6. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Really interested in the Lotus. Thinking I’d use it primarily through water but not sure if it would work with the water pipe I own.

I have a Grav Helix fixed downstem. Any chance another lotus owner has one and know if it’s a good combo?

My two concerns are that the fixed downstem would put the butane flame very close to the glass side. Also that it will be hard to get my hand in there to light the lotus while inhaling from the mouthpiece because everything is so close together.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Grav helix
    https://goo.gl/images/mCmsxF

The Beagle and Poostuff like this.
  7. paehtod

Your grav helix down stem is too close to the main body, the lotus cap may be obstructed and can not insert in the WPA

Like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  8. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

Ugh! Thanks for showing me that.

Guess it’s time to get a new water piece!

9. paehtod

The D020/D bubbler(with suitable 14mm adapter) from DHgate are one of the best to pair with Lotus WPA, my combustion friends called it Vapestation, they all love it:tup:
    [​IMG]

trfe, hujdimislav, The Beagle and 4 others like this.
  10. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

That will be on the top of my list! Thanks for sharing.

paehtod likes this.
  11. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

Buying a dropdown would sort both those problems & they work well with the Lotus.

mourningbell, paehtod and KidFated. like this.
  12. KingslandingVape

KingslandingVape New Member

Best strain, high and taste with my Lotus was Gbog by DP https://goo.gl/x2qyJJ They are made for each other!

13. Max Jitter

If you are wondering about the fit of the Lotus WPA Vaporizer on any glass, you can check clearances using a PDF of it that is on our website http://lotusvaporizer.com/wpa-vapor-cap-outline/ Just print and cut out the image and insert it into the 14mm joint.

14. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

Perfect. Cheers Max!

paehtod likes this.
  15. Max Jitter

Here's a J-hook hack that you will like: water cooling with no resistance.
    [​IMG]
    Twist 2 cotton pipe cleaners around a straightened paper clip, soak in water and insert. This works much better than 1 folded pipe cleaner inserted from the other end, which I tried previously. Great cooling.

ZC, The Beagle, cloudsosmoke and 6 others like this.
  16. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

Are there any small bubblers people like using instead of a j hook?

The D020/D seems like a no-brainer for home use but I’m looking for water in something portable.

17. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

I love my orbiter for that

18. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

Orbiter looks classy! How do you use it? A whip? A glass mouthpiece?

hujdimislav likes this.
  19. stickstones

I use the whip. I put my smaller vapes in top of it and walk around with it. It’s easy to hit like that while on the move!

hujdimislav likes this.
  20. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

Nice!

I might try and find a glass mouthpiece. Sneaky Pete has one that looks decent.

hujdimislav likes this.
  21. stickstones

It comes with the whip and is worth a try before you buy more parts for it. If you get a mouthpiece, just make sure it’s not so short that it puts the flame in your face.

hujdimislav likes this.
  22. Max Jitter

This is a prototype of something that I am working on. Same size as a J hook but the large straight tube is aimed at your right eye.
    [​IMG]
    You can see the vapor generation perfectly. It's pretty hypnotic to heat the cap and to be able to see and control the vapor so well. I'm thinking of naming it the Periscope.
    This is the first prototype so it will be a while until the finished product is for sale on our website.

23. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I use a J-Hook and an Ash Catcher quite a lot. They make a nice small combo for hand holding. I use this same combo for the VC.
    [​IMG]

Alexis, trfe, GreenHopper and 3 others like this.
  24. Other Side

Other Side In the clouds

I use this one. Works sweet.

25. trfe

trfe Well-Known Member

Link didn’t work for me :(

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors