The Lotus Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've tried both the iolite and the Lotus side by side. I can tell you that every time the Lotus wins - for taste and vapor production. But given your situation, the iolite is probably easier to use.

I still hope you will consider the Lotus in the future, but indeed using the Lotus with one-hand may require a bit more effort. Hell, maybe in a year you decide you want an upgrade from the iolite - maybe at that time you'll give the Lotus a whirl - I mean really, for $99 you can buy the WPA kit. At that price it's worth buying to try once, and giving to a less fortunate friend if you don't like it!

Good luck with your iolite!

(@ataxian - I have that exact same silver/chrome Zico angled torch pictured in the post above to the left of the recycler - zico T-38 - it's my current favorite torch for the Lotus)
I love to use my SOLO however before. Bed the LOTUS is good for sleep!
The lighters Z-38 work great in fact they all work!

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Hell, maybe in a year you decide you want an upgrade from the iolite - maybe at that time you'll give the Lotus a whirl - I mean really, for $99 you can buy the WPA kit. At that price it's worth buying to try once, and giving to a less fortunate friend if you don't like it!

Good luck with your iolite!

I may just do that! I never had VAS until last year. Since then, I have tried several vaporizers. I have gifted or traded a lot of those away to people in need. I love doing that! :)

Thanks. :)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Yeah Vicki, try the WPA kit, I know you have a bubbler right? That way its safe, on a table, you can torch it with one hand, watch the vapor for feedback, and put the torch down when you are done. Its that easy.
My vote goes to the Lotus "Hands Down"(pun intended). Use with bubbler for maximum effect!

egobag

5T2eESi.jpg

My new hot plates have arrived but I won't be giving them a spin until my original plate has outlived its usefulness, and it isn't showing any signs of cracking yet.

Many thanks again to Max and MT for letting me exchange the two replacement plates I ordered only a week or so before the latest revision - customer service has been nothing but excellent to me and I look forward to dealing with this company for many years to come.

I think I might even need a whole other cap just so I've got at least one for each hand..

rekrab

@Max Jitter I purchased my lotus in january of this year and the hotplate is showing some wear, not sure how long it will last until the cracks show. But i was just wondering are we entitled to a warranty free of charge for the new plate, I am in canada though if that makes a difference. sorry for the question just on some t3s from some wisdoms getting pulled. having trouble finding this topic back in the thread head is a little :doh:

rekrab,

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
A couple thoughts, I've noticed that both of my cracks are oriented towards the left side of Lotus. I always keep the stir rod in the 9 o'clock position, so I do have reference. I am a righty, can't hardly light a lighter with my left hand, LOL! My point being the heat is always concentrated on that side, even if I pull the point a little to the right.
I'm also starting to notice a bit of pre-mature scorching where the cracks are if I'm not careful with the heat. As someone mentioned, a sure sign that more heat is getting through.

I'm not worried about it, all expected at this point.
I put this thing through the paces, a bit of wear and tear is expected.
Starting to contemplate a new plate, how long have you guys run cracked plates?

nemo

@jojo0420
i noticed 3 mini-cracks on mine, like a month ago... (i used to test how fast i could vape with a huge flame :lol: )... and i 've been watching them since (i also lowered the flame size haha..) ...
so, i dont see any growth yet... i do have a replacement plate stand-by... and i m waiting to see how long it's gonna take until it has some kind of non-cosmetic problem :p .... it looks like it's gonna be a while... :)

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
  • Mendocino Therapeutics
  • 707-462-4894
This should be them. This is the number on their receipt.

cybrguy,
Reactions: catbird

papafuzzers

! Great news !

Ezvapes emailed me today:

Hello,

As promised, we are contacting you to let you know that the Turquoise Lotus Cap is back in stock and ready to ship!

We are available Monday - Friday from 10am - 6pm Eastern time at 855-398-2737 and are always happy to help.

J Hook Link: http://ezvaporizers.com/all-vaporizers/by-type/portable-vaporizers/lotus-j-hook-kit/prod_1731.html

Original Lotus Link: http://ezvaporizers.com/portable-vaporizers/lotus/prod_552.html

Thank you,
Jared
EZVapes.com

I'm so excited! I'm pulling the trigger this weekend, but I'm going to hold off on a jhook until I talk to Andy with colie glass for a custom Gandalf Sherlock with a 14mm female joint for the wpa. (highproduction@ymail.com)

I really like the one @SnidelyWhiplash received with the milk window.
kfXXVD5.jpg

I'd love some kind of hybrid between that one and @pigfoot's.

UWgAsCQ.jpg

Also, same here with the lotus site.
Maybe they're updating or setting up a code for Father's Day ?!:cheers:

catbird

hyperconscious
They are back up. Actually it probably helped me that their website was down, I could use some slowing down of my VAS. Now I am thinking to wait and see if a summer coupon code emerges, since I think I want the dual kit and a few accessories and could use the savings... but I am very eager for this vape and don't wanna wait.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
They are back up. Actually it probably helped me that their website was down, I could use some slowing down of my VAS. Now I am thinking to wait and see if a summer coupon code emerges, since I think I want the dual kit and a few accessories and could use the savings... but I am very eager for this vape and don't wanna wait.

Ezvapes had 15% off with code PORT15 last time I checked, also free shipping.

catbird

hyperconscious
Thanks -- I used FC16 for the discount. I wanted to order directly from lotus because ezvapes didn't have the exact kit that I want (and because I just prefer to), but I realized I'd still save by ordering what I can from ezvapes with the discount, and getting the extras from lotus. Excited!

catbird

hyperconscious
So I spoke to EZVapes, and was told that Lotus has discontinued making the short stems. Has anyone heard about this?

catbird,
Top Bottom