The Lotus Vaporizer

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Ask again after the replacement plate cracks.

No need! I came home from work to find an unexpected package from MT! Opened it just now to confirm what I thought. Like @VapeNStone, my replacement plate arrived today! It's also the new smooth edition!

Very pleased with this response. And even more amazed that @Max Jitter didnt' make an announcement until the new part was shipped to customers! Ha ha, this is awesome. I love the Lotus and MT. Such an awesome vape.

Note the new plate was also wrapped in bubble wrap, but it was held in a taped and folded glossy card with some marketing material for the Lotus (really nice graphic design btw @Max Jitter , I'm the marketing director for my company, I like the design of this card, looks really good). This should prevent the plate from bending in shipping/storage

I'm going to wait for my current plate to fail before I swap for the new one, so I can't comment on it's performance for another month or two.

@VapeNStone - I suspect this is caused by the lack of radiant heat introduced by the ridges in the previous plate design. I think a slower more even heating patern is required for consistent color throughout the load. Would you mind testing a theory - try and compare the difference between heating in a circular pattern verses a figure 8 pattern. I bet with the new plate, a figure 8 pattern will produce a more even color throughout the load.

I got my custom "elbow glass" (14mm joint) to connect with a short stem (ala flashvape or LB).

What angle are you using? I like using custom made 15degree elbow's from OGB - gives my lotus a slight tilt - so my heat rises on one side - faster heatup times in my opinion. And it's easier to keep an eye on the flame's contact with the plate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
So if I have a triangle and no cracks yet are they inevitable?

Eventually? Probably. But when depends on you and your heating patterns, torch length and frequency of use. But even if when you do get find a crack, your Lotus is still functional, it's just a bit faster to get hot :ko:. Even with a cracked plate, I was able to evenly vape my herb quite often (my technique evolved too compensate for the crack without realizing it - I've since had to relearn how to milk the vape with a fresh plate).

The triangle means you're heating hot enough for the plate to expand/contract - the 3 points of the triangle should align with your screws (i think). No big deal.

Cracks will probably form at some point, so keep a close eye out for them, and report back to MT as soon as you find them. Even after you see them, you can still use your Lotus for weeks/months while you wait for a replacement plate to arrive.

Gray Area

It seems to have made my lotus more efficient? Put in a tiny amount and got good clouds? Always had to fill the old one up a ways before it really started to make good clouds. More testing!!!

Could this thing be any more efficient???
I've always found half or just under loaded bowls to be the best load size.

Ime better flavour/longer session (maybe the fact that the herb is further away from the heat plate helping this?) and more even toasting.

I also (very lightly with my little finger) tamp my load too, dunno about anyone else... I know I'm not meant to, but it seems to work better for me doing it :shrug:

sherb

Note the new plate was also wrapped in bubble wrap, but it was held in a taped and folded glossy card with some marketing material for the Lotus (really nice graphic design btw @Max Jitter , I'm the marketing director for my company, I like the design of this card, looks really good). This should prevent the plate from bending in shipping/storage

Mind posting this cool new card?

Bvapst

@Ratchett It's not for the same purpose as you. It's not for a bubbler or water pipe but for a dry glass pipe. So I order a glass elbow with a 60/70° angle : to keep it as short as possible and not having the plate too inclined. They missed it and have done a 45° angle so I got 2 of them : one 70° and one 45° (for the price of one !). Finally the 45° is much better. The distance (70° one) from the ground joint till the base of elbow is much too big and thus the view on the plate really sucks, plus it make it less pocket-able. Also the distance from the elbow base till the "mouthpiece" (where I plug a small glass stem) is too big too ! But the 45° provide just enough length to not have my nose on the plate, and it was comfortable enough to not feel the heat if flame is managed good.

Pictures will clear that. I just hope that next time I will order it, they will make it closer to the size I asked !

I've got a triangle on my plate, @grokit, since a time...and not having any cracks yet. If your plate is fairly old and your technique the same, I'm not sure why it would crack ? I'm not sure of my claim but I think cracked plate are mostly from earlier customer ? I use my Lotus at least once a day, so not a heavy use but regular since 5 months !

Yesterday I got also the D020 and it pair amazingly with the Lotus !

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
Wow what service another reason to get a lotus for anyone on the fence.

I really love the way the lotus can evolve and the manufacturer gets on with improvements by listening to users of the product no bullshit customer feed back forms here this is the real deal and @Max Jitter really cares about his product such a breath in today's world:tup:

This lotus is a whole new animal now. Efficient as hell!!!!! Look at that little amount I just put it(not even really enough to fully cover the screen) and I got one big huge hit! I am loving this new plate so far. I put the bic lighter and the red cap there for size reference.

YdaUu7k.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
This lotus is a whole new animal now. Efficient as hell!!!!! Look at that little amount I just put it(not even really enough to fully cover the screen) and I got one big huge hit! I am loving this new plate so far. I put the bic lighter and the red cap there for size reference.

YdaUu7k.jpg
Better watch out with that style Bic, it will work awesome early but then fall flat on its face late in the season. I blame PED's!!! :lol:

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
So, I've got this big "Gandalf" style pipe someone gave me, but I have no use for it. Then I remembered somebody posting about using silicone over the WPA to make it fit. Tried wrapping a rubber band around it, it works, kind of. What size silicone tube would I need? Where could I get a small piece?
IMG_2024.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I used the tubing from my EV-2 size is very close to my SSV tubing but is high temp medical grade. eBay has several 1ft sections you can purchase. Hope this helps pm me with any questions that pipe is brilliant! :rockon:

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I also (very lightly with my little finger) tamp my load too, dunno about anyone else... I know I'm not meant to, but it seems to work better for me doing it :shrug:

I have actually been thinking about some tests with tamping the load down. Seems to have improved my vapor production in my DV Ascent recently...

I've got a triangle on my plate, @grokit, since a time...and not having any cracks yet. If your plate is fairly old and your technique the same, I'm not sure why it would crack ? I'm not sure of my claim but I think cracked plate are mostly from earlier customer ? I use my Lotus at least once a day, so not a heavy use but regular since 5 months !

Yesterday I got also the D020 and it pair amazingly with the Lotus !

Gotcha. Actually I only purchased my Lotus and a spare plate within the past 2 months. I wonder if some of the older batches of plates from last year were thicker or better than the version I got.

I'm getting bored with my D020, I'm currently shopping for some better glass to pair with the Lotus

So, I've got this big "Gandalf" style pipe someone gave me, but I have no use for it. Then I remembered somebody posting about using silicone over the WPA to make it fit. Tried wrapping a rubber band around it, it works, kind of. What size silicone tube would I need? Where could I get a small piece?

I believe @ataxian had mentioned this, I'm sure he'll chime in with some ideas, I'm still having a hard time imagining how to adapt a combustion bowl to the WPA.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have actually been thinking about some tests with tamping the load down. Seems to have improved my vapor production in my DV Ascent recently...

Gotcha. Actually I only purchased my Lotus and a spare plate within the past 2 months. I wonder if some of the older batches of plates from last year were thicker or better than the version I got.

I'm getting bored with my D020, I'm currently shopping for some better glass to pair with the Lotus

I believe @ataxian had mentioned this, I'm sure he'll chime in with some ideas, I'm still having a hard time imagining how to adapt a combustion bowl to the WPA.
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/sci
entific-glass/grav-labs-glass/grav-labs-glass-nano-8-arm-vapor-tube-blue.html

I was thinking about this one for my lotus?

Currently I use a large waterpipe with a CAISEN and an ASH COLLECTOR.
I'll take a photo of my setup after I go swimming! I use the D020 for my SOLO. I have trouble anything to close to my face. I use my bubblers with various vaporizers. They all serve a purpose.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Thank you all for providing your input regarding plate cracking. This has led to the new & improved plate that we can all look forward to should the need ever arise! Dare I say, for helping to evolve the Lotus to an even greater product than before, I'm sure Maxx thanks you too! He's been great! Responsive in all manner and regard.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!

Simple, really. The WPA kinda fits into the bowl. All it needs is a little material around the sides to make a seal. If the WPA had a piece of tubing around the tapered bit, I think it would work.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

@Ratchett do you live in California?
I have a few cool set ups I need to show you.

Maybe I will take a photo?

Sorry to the guy who is still on dial up?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Ratchett do you live in California?
I have a few cool set ups I need to show you.

Maybe I will take a photo?

Sorry to the guy who is still on dial up?

I wish :lol: Thank you for the invite though, next time I'm out that way I'd certainly love to check them out. Shoot me a pm with some pictures, I'd love to see what your favorites for the Lotus are!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys so I'm starting to consider the Lotus as a water pipe vape since I've seen such positive things about it and the price (is there a coupon going on right now for getting even cheaper than 100?). I've got a Solo, Indica, and mostly retired T1 and was thinking of a Life Saber for my first plug in (mainly for waterpipe pairing) bc its only 140 on massdrop, but since the Lotus is even less maybe that makes the most sense (was also interested in getting a log vape, but they seem to run a little pricier so I should hold off for now).

One of my main concerns with the Lotus is temp control, namely can you control easily enough to get thick pulls at low temps like 350-380F or is it going to be heavy 390-450F hits all the time (i mean that is mostly why I want it, but I do really like the lower temps a lot too).

My other big concern is just ease of use. I understand it will have a learning curve like most any vape, but for me a big benefit of giving up combustion was that I kinda sucked at the techniques involved with flame-smoking (particularly with bongs), but I'm pretty solid with electronics so thats why I began with battery-powered portables. Basically, am I gonna have a real tough time with this one as a reverse luddite? Thanks!

Shit Snacks,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey guys so I'm starting to consider the Lotus as a water pipe vape since I've seen such positive things about it and the price (is there a coupon going on right now for getting even cheaper than 100?). I've got a Solo, Indica, and mostly retired T1 and was thinking of a Life Saber for my first plug in (mainly for waterpipe pairing) bc its only 140 on massdrop, but since the Lotus is even less maybe that makes the most sense (was also interested in getting a log vape, but they seem to run a little pricier so I should hold off for now).

One of my main concerns with the Lotus is temp control, namely can you control easily enough to get thick pulls at low temps like 350-380F or is it going to be heavy 390-450F hits all the time (i mean that is mostly why I want it, but I do really like the lower temps a lot too).

My other big concern is just ease of use. I understand it will have a learning curve like most any vape, but for me a big benefit of giving up combustion was that I kinda sucked at the techniques involved with flame-smoking (particularly with bongs), but I'm pretty solid with electronics so thats why I began with battery-powered portables. Basically, am I gonna have a real tough time with this one as a reverse luddite? Thanks!

Welcome!

Never heard of the Life Saber.... I'll have to check that out (shopping for a plug-in vape, preferably one that can handle full unground nuggets!).

Can't really comment on the Lotus temperatures. It all depends on how evenly you can cook your load. Keep the flame far enough away from the herb, you can get nice tasty hits without the herb even turning brown! But far too often in the beginning you will find yourself scorching the herb in one place to near black. With practice, you can bake your herb as dark as you want it - I usually try to stop when i get a consistant golden-brown color. Though I'd say every 10th bowl I try to squeeze too much and my ABV comes out damn near black!

It will take a bit of practice (and searching for the perfect torch to pair with the Lotus), but you can control your temperatures fairly well once you get the hang of it. Especially if you take faster shorter hits, it should be easy to prevent yourself from reaching high temperatures (until you desire).

The learning curve isn't actually that bad. Probably took me less than a week to get the basics down, and a month or so (plus reading a bit of this thread!) to really get the hang of it. I can do quick sessions, or long slow sessions (Long by Lotus standards is 5 minutes, ha ha)

The Lotus is an amazingly efficient vape - quick to heat, and quick to vape! One session with the Lotus has been enough to convince three of my friends to purchase the Lotus in the future.

Someone else said it best - electronic vapes are like an Automatic car - hop in, turn the key, and start vaping. The Lotus is like a manual, it takes a bit of extra work and skill to use it, but once you do, you'll fall in love with it.

Top Bottom