The J-hook thread!

Radwin Bodnic

I have to admit I use my Prophet more than my J-hooks but I am still looking for a good J-hook that I can stand and heat. Just haven't found it. I have also only used a Peak Pro dry so, its my go too. The Eleva8 I filled with rubies for fun to see if it was a better experience and just ended up having to clean a lot of rubies... might still have a look at the CC Xeric, I just want something more like the Puffco Gandalf but that either has a stand of can stand on its own withs a 14/18mm female.
You might want to have a look at the Sherlock from Herborizer.

I use it since a few months and I like it a lot. The two bends and small tubing cools quite well for 3-4 big hits under 200°C but it get warm and don't cool as well for extended sessions.

I really like the feeling of the mouthpiece.

It is really stable, the base is plain stainless steel, and super easy to clean.

It is also really easy to carry with the right case.
foto-no-exif.jpg

And the quality of the glass is excellent.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Any leads on a good carbed J hook? I looked through the thread but didn't see anything recent, I'm sure someone makes one.

Pretty sure there is a dude selling them, he had them made, just basic hooks and they do have the hole... Biao makes some too I think his might be only 10 mm but maybe 14 as well?? Could be the same source

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Any leads on a good carbed J hook? I looked through the thread but didn't see anything recent, I'm sure someone makes one.
I have one from TRWW that I like. I think it stated out as a mistake but worked out.

For the most part the carbed j-hooks that I have seen look pretty bad. I would not expect them to cool as well as most of the better hooks in this thread.

If I really want a carb in a j-hook, I would probably ask OGB to build a pass through on to one of his.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

The Prophet, from Cloud Connoisseur. It's my favorite j-hook ever. It has a wide enough foot at the bottom so it stands with almost anything you may want to attach to it , and it has an added cooling chamber in the middle! Also, it's a sherlock style j-hook, so you can get a good look below your eye level at whatever you attach to it.

coolbreeze

The Prophet, from Cloud Connoisseur. It's my favorite j-hook ever. It has a wide enough foot at the bottom so it stands with almost anything you may want to attach to it , and it has an added cooling chamber in the middle! Also, it's a sherlock style j-hook, so you can get a good look below your eye level at whatever you attach to it.
I second this suggestion, however I think we were lucky and got the carbed ones but they're no longer made after the initial run, iirc. Not sure if there's an option for customization? Personally I appreciate the carb; I think they could build a bypass into it probably.

Shit Snacks

Yeah the carb version doesn't exist anymore, could only find used, the new one is much better... Pass through carb are now part of the ash catcher and dropdown instead since that works better, more universally...

PizzaWizard

I wonder if the xeric (or any j-hook)would be any good putting a screen directly in the joint and using it as an 18mm injector bowl. Seems like it would be nice ergonomically with a 18mm wireless ball vape. Definitely would make it worse to clean.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I wonder if the xeric (or any j-hook)would be any good putting a screen directly in the joint and using it as an 18mm injector bowl. Seems like it would be nice ergonomically with a 18mm wireless ball vape. Definitely would make it worse to clean.
This aughtta work: the Omega on a Vapor Genie Glass Sherlock. I'll let you know later if I ever wake up today.
IMG-6349.jpg

It's an 18mm injector bowl built into the hook. Fwiw, its own heater is also top-notch, totally worth the price, and can be used on any 18mm glass bowl.

EDIT: Can verify it works! =Coff= =coff=

Last edited:

Radwin Bodnic

I think it would be hard to remove the screen when you need to...

With its open design, the Sherlock from Herborizer could be the only j-hook allowing to easily moving the screen by removing the stainless steel base. But the airflow might be unbalanced considering how close the screen would be from the mouthpiece intake.

However, the EMK in combinaison with a short male2male 18mm adapter makes for a low profile, sherlock style, wireless ball vape.

foto-no-exif-1.jpg

Shit Snacks

Yeah good feedback, I'll say that was the original intent, and for prophet, but during the design prototype phase, determined it was not a good idea (glass honeycomb screen at the time, and difficulty of getting screens to fit secure otherwise, but now there is the screen fit diffuser bowl so maybe in the future it can be done for 18 too)

PizzaWizard

Has anyone tried one of these goofy looking things?

PizzaWizard,

mixchu69

I purchased a similar glass piece from the Stash Shack that had stains that could not be removed. When I told them, they sent the wrong item and now have gone radio silent. I am planning a CC chargeback.

Can be isolated incident and hope you have better luck.

mixchu69,
Reactions: XpeeN

PizzaWizard

That's a bummer. I think I'm going to get the cactus dry piece from them. I was looking for something else so I can get 50 dollars free shipping and found that spiral thing.

PizzaWizard,

Ariwe

Yeah I got this from Sneaky Pete. I got it to use as a travel cooling option.
It works decently – cools the vapor for sure.
However, the glass is super thin and it's wobbly because the nubs on the bottom are uneven.
I'm not sure if I would order one again, but I will continue to use it since I have it.

TangibleHangnail

Yeah I got this from Sneaky Pete. I got it to use as a travel cooling option.
It works decently – cools the vapor for sure.
However, the glass is super thin and it's wobbly because the nubs on the bottom are uneven.
I'm not sure if I would order one again, but I will continue to use it since I have it.
Same, but mine broke the first time I tried to clean it. Flimsy, do not buy.

TangibleHangnail,
Reactions: Ariwe
Top Bottom