The HI

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Jeppy - Thanks for the kind words and the awesome videos. Always fun to watch.

staticsunn - Nice job on the felt for the bottom. That should also prevent water marks if you heat it after being cold for a while. The wood will pull in moisture to reach an equilibrium when it is cold. The heat will drive it back out again and down into the base.

OKcomputer - Thanks for explaining the replacement unit. I try really hard to get the unit right the first time so I don't have to send out a replacement. It is a lot of money to spend for something. It should be made to last and work like described. Hope you enjoy using the glass nipple too.

OhTheAgony - Think we have it all figured out now. The evil twin should be on it's way very shortly. It has one of the craziest burls and swirls I have see. A very freaky face.

mom - Thanks. I'm still finding new ways to use the tubes as are others. It is nice to have lots of options.

bOObs - Nice new J.R.R. tube. The double glass nipple fits in there nicely.

Vapinghole - Glad the HI is still treating you well and the wait was worth it.

mvapes - Thanks for jumping on the list. Hopefully, it will be a fun wait.

Thanks for the patience papa woody. Will try to keep it short.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I am having one hell of a time trying to find out where I can buy one of these. Anyone know?

So am I! So I used the search function and came right here. ;)

Though, now I have some other questions. What is the typical wait time? My only concern is ordering, then not having the $$$ (shit happens, all the time in my life, it seems)... when my number comes up. Are you made aware of your impending order fulfillment, to prepare for just that?

Hey, I did one search. Give me soooome credit. :D

P.S. Hope I'm not the scourge of the log vape community and unwelcome.

PB88123

Vaporist
So am I! So I used the search function and came right here. ;)

Though, now I have some other questions. What is the typical wait time? My only concern is ordering, then not having the $$$ (shit happens, all the time in my life, it seems)... when my number comes up. Are you made aware of your order fulfillment, to prepare for just that?

Hey, I did one search. Give me soooome credit. :D

P.S. Hope I'm not the scourge of the log vape community and unwelcome.

We welcome anyone with open arms. It'll be a wait though.

Wait time - I think there are some people that got on the wait list in February that are still waiting. So hopefully you have other vapes to use in the mean time.

You will get an e-mail from Alan when he begins working on yours. At that point in time you probably have roughly 2 weeks to make sure you have your money.

From the first post just e-mail Alan at alan@toasty-top.com and he'll add you to the list.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think it's more like Alan builds your vape as soon as your name is up and lets you know when it's ready, and then you just pay when you can. That was my experience at least :tup:

edit: this was addressed to BDV, not to the post above that wasn't there yet when I started typing :)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thanks, guys! I'm going to start going thru the thread tonight. Quick questions. I plan on using this with water pieces and I like the setup I see where people just place it on top of the joint, vape... then pull it to clear. Rinse, repeat.

What specifics piece/stem do I need for that? Finally, is the price for the unit that same $140 (unit + pwr supply) plus $10 and $15 for the fittings? Heck, I really don't want anything more fancy or bigger than the 1st unit pictured. I think its perfect!

BigDaddyVapor,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Thanks, guys! I'm going to start going thru the thread tonight. Quick questions. I plan on using this with water pieces and I like the setup I see where people just place it on top of the joint, vape... then pull it to clear. Rinse, repeat.

What specifics piece/stem do I need for that? Finally, is the price for the unit that same $140 (unit + pwr supply) plus $10 and $15 for the fittings? Heck, I really don't want anything more fancy or bigger than the 1st unit pictured. I think its perfect!

all you need it the all glass stem, if your glass is 14mm. if 18mm then you will need to buy a reducer seperately. Alan can prolly custom stuff for your needs, he is a mad genius :brow:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The GonG tubes Alan provides will fit any downstem with a 14mm female GonG joint BDV, but he has other options that will mate with said downstem as well.

edit: hmmm, there seems to be a lot of simultaneous posting going on in this thread tonight.

Haha, hi Boobs :wave:

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
seems everyone is on point tonight. good going team HI!!!! :lol:

hey OTA, i see your HI giving me the eye. hahaha
not sure if yours is really the evil one, since mine is kicking my ass. :ko:

PB88123

Vaporist

Basic is $140 for unit and power supply. If you want exotic wood it is $10 more. You can get the all glass stem for $30 and there is a silicone/glass tube for $10 (both fit into the 14mm female joint). I like the glass nipple ($6) so I can hold the unit against the glass nipple instead of having to balance it above the herb and worry about burning it. You will see pictures of it in this thread. That's all you need to do the vape/pull/clear with your glass piece.

u bwade wunner

Welcome Big daddy Vapor.

It sure is a pleasure to see that cheeky avatar on the Hi thread.

I said earlier in the thread the Hi and the MFLB are are like brother and Sister and it is so true.its all I use now on a daily basis.

the Hi is a relatively simple but effective Vape.It will medicate you lightly or knock you off youre feet.there is very little learning curve as such.plug and play.If you ve handled the launch box,the Hi will be a breeze.

I think the unit itself is $140 inc pwr supply.any 12v power supply with a 5.5/2.1 plug will work very well.Alan might do a unit without a pwr supply to keep costs down.I picked up several pwr supplies on ebay for $4 a piece and my unit runs hot on them.there scattered around the house in my shed and lounge.

For stems You should consider get a custom wood stem(perfection) and consider a stainless steel bowl end in case you are like me and drop things.Alan does a glass bowl which you can push on to the wood stem if you prefer to draw through glass.

Iloveboobs is the nipple master(thats a different bowl you can use with the stainless bowl that sits on the heat port and roasts youre herb.Its very nice)

Vaping hole is one of the newer owners and he will share his experiences and his humour:) if you ask him nicely.maybe dont:lol:

the other stem that you will need is a 14mm gong stem ,one piece full bore and custom made by Alan.It is a beauty and slides into youre female gong.has a built in SS screen

the wait is long but not too long .the design is flawless and safe.trust me on that one.

I look on the Hi as a friend now.i can turn to her every time and in 5 minutes im good to go.

Alan is a great operator and I contact him regular.He never fails to oblige with answers .

My advice is get on the list now and you could pull out later if things d ont work out.the waiting time will allow you to work out the dollar thing so you ll be good to go.I hope you decide to stay here.Would be great to see you involved.

One example of Alans great customer service

If you decide contact Alan to ask to be put on the list

alan@toasty-top.com

If you want pictures they are here along with some kick ass videos.Or i can forward some pics via email of my setup

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, I might have a bit of luck turnaround. My dead crop, or what I thought was dead crop... might be a salvage. Long story, lot of shit, if you read the med forum, you know the gig. Well, my wife might have saved our asses (and I owe her big time for even the attempt). I might recover my entire flowering crop and possibly some of my vegs. She turned the lights on (plants were at location, unavailable to me) to just flower, since I begged her to please, at least save that. Unfortunately, when they went from my nice plant friendly environment, to her father's not very friendly... within a day, my plants were infested with mites. @#$%ing Neem Oil resistant mites. I haven't seen them yet, but when I get my hands on them... I'm pretty decent with plants. They like me (somebody needs to). I like to spend time with them mostly, so I'm watching the damn things all the time. I'm feeling confident of at least a get our asses out of the ditch and back on the road safe here.

I'll email Alan to get on that list.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Alright, new HI guys--let's get one thing straight here... :goon: Wait... What am I pissed about? I love you guys! Welcome to the HI thread waiting list crew! Let's try this again...
When I was a young JedHI in waiting, way back in the day...:myday: Wait... I'm not (that) old, and I jumped on the waiting list only in Feb. Sheesh! I'm an idiot. One more time...

*Ahem*

HI, new JedHIs in waiting (mvapes, BigDaddy, et al)! :wave: You made the right choice, indeed. I just used said HIsaber and baked myself to ancient Byzantine. My goodness is that vape worth the wait!!

A couple of tips:

First, watch bOObs' videos and read his posts. Not only is he fuck-balls funny, I dubbed him bOObs HIwalker and Alan dubbed him the original JedHI (see page 49 of this thread), as he taught me how to use the force and wield my HIsaber. Second, Alan is THE MAN and our Master JedHI, and he will absolutely do his very best and he not deliver a HI that falls short of expectations. Alan (aka, TV) will take care of you. Your patience will be HI-ly rewarded, so sit back and enjoy the ride to HI-Town! We are all loyal subjects of your Royal HI-ness.

Again - Welcome! I'm proud to be in such good company as is here on the HI thread. And I'm proud to be a JedHI.

u bwade wunner

smiley031.gif

Welcome to Hitown Big Daddy vapor,Mvapes and Elluzion.Enjoy the ride.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
The outside prong must contact the outside of the plug and the next 2 prongs must contact the inside of the plug. It will go through a diagnostic checking for multiple cells but will give a total voltage.

Eh... I'll stick with my Fluke multimeter. Been working like a champ for 20+ years now (TYVM decommissioning Naval Vessel :D)

Though I do need new probe cables. Mine are wonky.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom