The Herbalizer

Smelly Dog

Yeah, Home Depot has hose that will work! Go and buy 1/4" x 3/8". Be forewarned that the whip as is won't fit right over the top of the herbalizer bowl top. Youll need to cut small slits on two side of one whip end to fit it over the herbalizer bowl, and then the other end (whatever length you want) can be stuck into an 18mm M2M. This will improve airflow VASTLY. SSvV tubing is flexible and better, but the Home Depot stuff is definitely a good start. The stock tubing on the Herbie is nice IMO but not well-suited for water usage, which needs maximum airflow.

If you're having trouble milking a glass piece, revert to @stickstones method and toast a full nug in the bowl for a few hits of whispy vapor before crushing it with your hand and re-packing it. This can also be done with normally ground weed, you just have to be careful while toasting it. Either way, you'll have a chamber filled with stuff that is just ITCHING to milk a bubbler or bong.

Thanks again! :)

Smelly Dog,

MinnBobber

I have been re-exploring @MinnBobber's minivap setup. However, I inserted the minivap nipple into a small section of ssv tubing, which I then had inserted into @Ratchett's Herbie Song 2.0. This fully loaded goes into the bottom Herbie chamber on top of the Herbalizer. I can then insert the Herbie whip, or connect the whip to a bubbler, blow a bag, or hit with the hydratube
....................................................................................
Good job virtualpurple,
I had previously found that the Ratchett Herbie Song V1 had a depth not quite deep enough to attach to Herbie with Flexicone. And the Song V2 side skirt was slightly too long to hold the flexicone firmly against herbie bottom chamber as it "bottomed out". Your small piece of SSV tubing works to fill in.

If there was a Song V3, with in-between side skirt length, one could use the Flexicone direct with no SSV extender needed. I had mentioned this previously but was not sure if there was enough interest to have a V3 made. I don't know how many use a Flexicone.

I'm not keen to cut down my V2 as that's made for use with complete Herbie chamber.
All these mods really make Herbie much more versatile which I love

MinnBobber,
Reactions: CG420

virtualpurple

I believe that Ratchett said he was working on a third model using the feedback he's been reading, but I may have misread a post.

If indeed there is a V3 release, Ratchett has my business already. My chunk of SSV tubing does add some stability, but I love seeing what Ratchett comes up with.

I have put a small piece of hemp fiber in the SSV tubing. Seems to make my cloud a bit wispier but after 2 sessions it seems to have begun to accumulate a respectable amount of oil.

Not sure if I'll stick with the hemp fiber, I need to test more to see if my vapor is actually thicker without it.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: MinnBobber

MinnBobber

Signed up to say I got a herbie coming my way! Found one on craigslist for a super deal .now back to delta studios...any preference between song v1 and v2?
V2 @Ratchett is much better with longer sides for a better grip. V2 works perfectly for the stock Herbie complete chamber!

@virtualpurple --I think one could take a V2 and trim the sides shorter by 1/4? of their length and it would
hold the miniVAP Flexicone firmly / not bottom out like the V2. I just hate to cut and slash it
Note: for folks that use just the Herbie bottom half of the chamber with flexicone

DabDiva

I've always struggled to have success with using concentrates in my Herbalizer. I use very small sized dabs and have it on 445 degrees F :( :shrug:

Do you immediately start to inhale once you place the bowl on the heating bulb or should you wait a few seconds first?

Is the fan assist beneficial at all?

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
I've always struggled to have success with using concentrates in my Herbalizer. I use very small sized dabs and have it on 445 degrees F :( :shrug:

Do you immediately start to inhale once you place the bowl on the heating bulb or should you wait a few seconds first?

I find fan assist helpful with flowers. No concentrate access for me. Wouldn't hurt, I imagine.

Madcap79,

murf2010

I do the balloons

murf2010,
Reactions: c76man

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
@DabDiva I agree with @murf2010 on balloons and concentrates. I find balloons to give the most consistent results for concentrates. Max temp is important, but you're already doing that.

c76man,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I can't say for the Herbie although i noticed convection dabs never produces a ton of vapor and even the taste is not the same, less intense and fruity/spicy/what you want...

I tried convection dab with several units (Minivap, Herbalaire, Vrip, MiVape, Lotus,....) and never got the nice taste my e-nail (and even hercule) offers!

This is only my experience!

PPN,

DabDiva

i unfortuantly have zero bags plus i really like the addition of water filtration.

But the reason i ask is because my very first attempt with concentrates and the Herbalizer was a complete success. Good sized, potent cloud, of clean tasty vapor. So i know it can be done when it performs properly

But ever after that 1st hit, i have had zero luck with it, getting a few whispy hits at most if i am lucky. I would like to add i have zero performance issues with flowers plus my screens/bowl are clean.

Maybe the aroma pads need to be cleaned after EACH load/hit? Just thinking maybe that the pads get easily clogged up from all the leftovers, which would decrease the vapor production.

But :shrug:

DabDiva,

Shibby Dank

Quick question

so I want to hook up my ssv whip to the Herbie bowl and read that 2 reducers from delta3d would do the trick. would the ratchet song work as well? If so, which model? Any and all details are more than welcome. Thank you,

MinnBobber

Quick question

so I want to hook up my ssv whip to the Herbie bowl and read that 2 reducers from delta3d would do the trick. would the ratchet song work as well? If so, which model? Any and all details are more than welcome. Thank you,
........................................................................................
That SSV whip is much thicker than most whips so fewer options but:
@Ratchett 3D silicone reducers can be used to connect the SSV whip to herbie upper chamber:
It's a pretty solid connection. Note that one 3D reducer will not hold, needs 2 but they are cheap!

Herbie%20SSV%20whip.jpg

Ratchett V2 Song is much better than V1 as it is longer for very firm hold. SSV whip will not work directly with that but Song is VERY HELPFUL for more normal sized whips and connecting directly to hydratube----awesome for those.

There almost always is a way.... so Song could likely be fit to SSV tubing.....

Cleezy

Quick question

I start with this reducer on the herbie bowl using about a 1/4 inch piece of silicone tubing between the bowl and reducer to keep it tight....
https://www.oregonglassblower.com/18-14mm-Glass-Reducer-Adapter-18m-14F-18-14red.htm?categoryId=-1
Place this female adapter on top of your reducer and attach to a whip. In my case a clear silicone whip (high temp home depot tubing)
https://www.oregonglassblower.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=18fv90
Then add this male adapter to the other end and use with most any bubbler or glass piece (14 & 18 mm available)
https://www.oregonglassblower.com/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=18mv90

Hope this helps and I will try to get a couple of "live" pics posted for ya.

Cleezy,

JKVape302

Got some AC/DC which is basically all CBD packed the Herbie chamber halfway at
375°F

Finally got this thing making milky clouds and can officially say it's better than my Volcano.

Now it's time to get a whip and water piece to make this thing even better.

JKVape302,
Reactions: Madcap79

YungLeaner

How many bags filled does this get you? Do you tamp it or keep loose?
Results are going to vary wildly based on material used; the Herbalizer extracts every type of weed at a varying density and profile, which makes sense for a 100% convection vaporizer.

YungLeaner,

Tehmongoose

I like to hi
Just got a vapexhale turbine in the mail! That is one badass piece that gives fat clouds of quality, tasty vape! I should have gotten this to begin with instead of hanging on to my pinnacle. The vapor is smoother and very cool on the throat. I would recommend vxl hydratubes to anyone!

JKVape302

Just got a vapexhale turbine in the mail! That is one badass piece that gives fat clouds of quality, tasty vape! I should have gotten this to begin with instead of hanging on to my pinnacle. The vapor is smoother and very cool on the throat. I would recommend vxl hydratubes to anyone!

Did you use an adapter?

JKVape302,
Top Bottom