The Herbalizer

lazylathe

Almost there...
Ordered bags...disappointing, they're much smaller then I remember, Kind of a joke really, One to Three hits, depending on the individual. This isn't a bag to pass, this is single use only. I won't be using this as much as I had hoped-for, unless they have an xl size, these will be my only bag order. Vapor is good though.

I disassembled my bags and used the Storz&Bickel Volcano bag roll to make custom sizes bags!

lazylathe,
Reactions: Vitolo

hoptimum

Wow. I might actually be able to afford one of these sometime in the fall. It could replace/fit in for my cloud evo and volcano.

I used to have a classic volcano but I lended it to a friend and now he’s no where, been years. So now I don’t have any balloon vapes. The herbalizer seems like it might be as good if not better than the cloud evo and volcano.

I don't know about that. IMO, the EQ is better with bags than the Herbalizer and the VXL Cloud is better at direct draw or through a glass hydratube.

the Herbalizer seems like the Neanderthal of vaporizers. An interesting design concept, but ultimately an evolutionary dead end.

Ordered bags...disappointing, they're much smaller then I remember, Kind of a joke really, One to Three hits, depending on the individual. This isn't a bag to pass, this is single use only. I won't be using this as much as I had hoped-for, unless they have an xl size, these will be my only bag order. Vapor is good though.

Do the squeeze valves on these new bags leak for you? I remember that being an issue back in the day. Not sure if they changed anything.

letter never sent,

lazylathe

Almost there...
I would love to have my herbie repaired. But, I don't want to lose the startup messages from all the hard thought work many of of members contributed during the contest. 😭

I love those messages!!
Luckily mine is still going pretty strong.
My Herbie was one of the first 50 released into the wild all those years ago...

Wonder how much the new ones are going to cost?

MinnBobber

I don't know about that. IMO, the EQ is better with bags than the Herbalizer and the VXL Cloud is better at direct draw or through a glass hydratube.

the Herbalizer seems like the Neanderthal of vaporizers. An interesting design concept, but ultimately an evolutionary dead end.
Subjective but I found my Herbalizer to be much better than my VXL Cloud…..sold the VXL.
Everything from ease of loading, amount of time for a session, vapor quality, ability to help finish a load with the Herbie fan assist.
From low temp whisps of tastee vapor to max temp blasts, Herbie has you covered.

I look forward Neanderthal V2.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Subjective but I found my Herbalizer to be much better than my VXL Cloud…..sold the VXL.
Everything from ease of loading, amount of time for a session, vapor quality, ability to help finish a load with the Herbie fan assist.
From low temp whisps of tastee vapor to max temp blasts, Herbie has you covered.

I look forward Neanderthal V2.
Don't forget the almost instant heat up time! That's a winner for sure!

It's one of my top vapes for having a quick session before going out with minimal notice!

I wonder if the design is going to be exactly the same? Same electronics etc...

Yeah, I'd probably be more likely to buy one if they made some notable improvements. While the Herbalizer was definitely ahead of its time and that heater should still be legit in 2023, it certainly wasn't a perfect vape. The bags being exactly the same is kinda disappointing tbh.

The price point will be interesting for sure. I remember them being $725 at launch ($650 for those of us who pre-ordered) and then eventually dropping to $550-600 maybe? I feel like a $500+ desktop vaporizer is a hard sell right now with all the cheap ball vapes rolling out every other day.

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
Still love my herbie, but I’d be lying if I said I still use it as my daily driver. Nowadays, ball vapes are just so much more powerful and direct, while maintaining some degree of modularity.

Now if herbie adds balls, the near instant heat-up would no longer be near instant.

Why I still love it and won’t sell: the herbalizer is super smooth, has amazing flavor, and temperature measurements are pretty close to precise. I also like the clean interface.

Now if this next-gen herbalizer fixed the funky bowl issue and the shitty bag system, I’d probably buy a second herbie. My idea for fixing the bowl would be a flippable bowl. A bowl that works in the standard way, but once it gets gunked up, you just turn the bowl over. This would mean both sides of the two part bowl require magnets.

Regardless of any changes to the herbalizer, I would like a true bowl to whip adapter or glass on bowl adapter.

MinnBobber

I was an early Herbalizer buyer but never used the top half of the bowl. I had tried another Herbie and came up with a MUCH better replacement IMO.

The bottom open face half bowl fits a MiniVAP Flexicone module perfectly.
Flexicone :
-is much more convection with the fine wire mesh and silicone cap.
- it accommodates a hemp paper filter
- I have multiple Flexicones vs one expensive Herbie bowl
- Herbie full bowl is a pain (literally) when it is hot vs a ghost draw on a hot Flexi makes it cool down
- Flexi works with glass stem or hydratube or whip ( I never use whip though)
- Flexi contains the load much better so Herbie innards stay pristine. After daily multiple session for years, Herbie went in for a burnt transistor and it was cleanest innards he had ever seen.

So, a better bowl would be good imo.

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
I was an early Herbalizer buyer but never used the top half of the bowl. I had tried another Herbie and came up with a MUCH better replacement IMO.

The bottom open face half bowl fits a MiniVAP Flexicone module perfectly.
Flexicone :
-is much more convection with the fine wire mesh and silicone cap.
- it accommodates a hemp paper filter
- I have multiple Flexicones vs one expensive Herbie bowl
- Herbie full bowl is a pain (literally) when it is hot vs a ghost draw on a hot Flexi makes it cool down
- Flexi works with glass stem or hydratube or whip ( I never use whip though)
- Flexi contains the load much better so Herbie innards stay pristine. After daily multiple session for years, Herbie went in for a burnt transistor and it was cleanest innards he had ever seen.

So, a better bowl would be good imo.
I never tried flexcones. What I did get to work was a capped ddave mod 14mm basket screen. Shove this into the top half of the bowl where the top screen would go. Then take a regular top screen and put that on too. It’s really snug and difficult to get, but the top screen placement creates a bowl shape instead of it being a flat-ish surface. This reduced top screen clogging for me, at least

davendk93,
Reactions: lazylathe

Shibby Dank

anybody ever have the issue where herbie will power on and start to warm up, but then will stop at the logo and not let you pick shit? It happened to me once a couple of years ago and then it was fine, but now it’s happening again and I’m dying in the inside a bit

Any help is welcome

I already hit up herbalizerrepair, but figured I’d check here in the meanwhile

Shibby Dank,
anybody ever have the issue where herbie will power on and start to warm up, but then will stop at the logo and not let you pick shit? It happened to me once a couple of years ago and then it was fine, but now it’s happening again and I’m dying in the inside a bit

Any help is welcome

I already hit up herbalizerrepair, but figured I’d check here in the meanwhile

I had an issue a few times where the temp would automatically shoot up to max once turned on and stay stuck there. I was usually able to make it go away by shutting it off and on again. I can't recall having the exact issue you describe though and I sold my Herbie 4 years ago. I hope it goes away or the Herbalizer repair guy can get you sorted!

letter never sent,
Reactions: Shibby Dank

Shibby Dank

I had an issue a few times where the temp would automatically shoot up to max once turned on and stay stuck there. I was usually able to make it go away by shutting it off and on again. I can't recall having the exact issue you describe though and I sold my Herbie 4 years ago. I hope it goes away or the Herbalizer repair guy can get you sorted!
Thanks

I hope so too

It’s crazy how it can just go away on its own, but it can’t just stop happening forever

Guess I lucked out again

It’s working now, of course after I combusted what I planned on hitting through it

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
Thanks

I hope so too

It’s crazy how it can just go away on its own, but it can’t just stop happening forever

Guess I lucked out again

It’s working now, of course after I combusted what I planned on hitting through it
I never knew the herbie was capable of combusting. I think the hottest I ever set it up was 440F.

davendk93,
Reactions: kcmochris

Shibby Dank

(Hopefully this doesn’t count as double posting)

But anyone know if herbalizer repair dude is still around? I hit him up and haven’t heard from him still

My herbie keeps acting up

Shibby Dank,

Shibby Dank

I’m guessing herbalizer repair isn’t a thing anymore?

The website is gone and he won’t answer any messages on anything

No hate or whatever, just heartbroken about the situation

Shibby Dank

Alright, this one is a bit long so bear with me

I’ll post the email if anyone really wants to see, but this is what they said

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like your unit needs to be repaired/serviced. Please understand that we are not in a position to repair previously purchased Herbalizer units at the current time. Our focus, at the moment, as well as for the immediate future, is on Supply Chain and Production. Unit repair and any related activities will be rolled out once Production is running smoothly.Once we are ready to accept original Herbalizer units for repair, we will make an email announcement and be able to evaluate your unit and quote you a repair price.

All the best,
The Herbalizer Team

Which like I’m trying to be understanding of, with them putting something new out and all

But that’s lame, because what that tells me is eventually way way forever away from now

Until then tough break

Even though there was somebody who was able to fix it at a reasonable price and pretty fast too, but now that they’re coming back with something new, he’s no longer around

And I’m fucked

Loved my herbie, and up until now I’ve only had positive interactions with the people behind it, but this makes me want to skip out on the next drop

And I’m not saying the response was rude, or fuck them, just upset that something I’ve taken care of malfunctions & the people who set it up to be fixed aren’t fixing it until one day eventually sort of speak

Which would be fine if repair bro was still around, but he’s not….

(Sorry if this post broke any rules)

Shibby Dank,

Shibby Dank

Alright, this one is a bit long so bear with me

I’ll post the email if anyone really wants to see, but this is what they said

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like your unit needs to be repaired/serviced. Please understand that we are not in a position to repair previously purchased Herbalizer units at the current time. Our focus, at the moment, as well as for the immediate future, is on Supply Chain and Production. Unit repair and any related activities will be rolled out once Production is running smoothly.Once we are ready to accept original Herbalizer units for repair, we will make an email announcement and be able to evaluate your unit and quote you a repair price.

All the best,
The Herbalizer Team

Which like I’m trying to be understanding of, with them putting something new out and all

But that’s lame, because what that tells me is eventually way way forever away from now

Until then tough break

Even though there was somebody who was able to fix it at a reasonable price and pretty fast too, but now that they’re coming back with something new, he’s no longer around

And I’m fucked

Loved my herbie, and up until now I’ve only had positive interactions with the people behind it, but this makes me want to skip out on the next drop

And I’m not saying the response was rude, or fuck them, just upset that something I’ve taken care of malfunctions & the people who set it up to be fixed aren’t fixing it until one day eventually sort of speak

Which would be fine if repair bro was still around, but he’s not….

(Sorry if this post broke any rules)
P.s: if I’m misunderstanding what the time frame for repairs to be available is, I’m sorry

Shibby Dank,
Top Bottom