The Herbalizer

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
Just saw that the herbalizer team added bowls to their website. They must be absolutely high out of their mind if they think they can markup the bowl by 100-120% (I can’t remember if the bowls were $50 or $60).

My unit stills functions perfectly, but I’ve always wanted an extra bowl and kick myself for not getting one long ago.

davendk93,
Just saw that the herbalizer team added bowls to their website. They must be absolutely high out of their mind if they think they can markup the bowl by 100-120% (I can’t remember if the bowls were $50 or $60).

My unit stills functions perfectly, but I’ve always wanted an extra bowl and kick myself for not getting one long ago.

$130 for a bowl is wild. They were definitely $60-70 before.

I’m wondering who is even gonna buy this thing when it relaunches. This is a decade old design and they don’t seem to be making any big changes. And the price is likely going to come in at the top of the market. I guess we’ll see…

davendk93

Enthusiast/Customizer
$130 for a bowl is wild. They were definitely $60-70 before.

I’m wondering who is even gonna buy this thing when it relaunches. This is a decade old design and they don’t seem to be making any big changes. And the price is likely going to come in at the top of the market. I guess we’ll see…
It’s actually really grimey of them to price things items like this. The only people that want/need parts are current owners, being that there aren’t any being sold at this time. Even the screens and bags are overpriced.

I guess the new mantra is to rip off current owners and then target new customers. Idk.

Texus

I have a hard time seeing many current owners paying this amount and not sure the original part was too likely to break, but we don't know what the cost to produce a small run of these looks Iike (I'd assume it is a small initial run) or the profit margins here.

At the original price, I might be tempted to get a new one, and keep the original as a backup. But not at $100+. But the manufacturer also needs to do what they think is necessary to be profitable and survive financially.

Texus,

Shibby Dank

Check if a local headshop has any

When the company shut down I was able to get one for $30 from one in my area

Shibby Dank,

lazylathe

Almost there...
P.s: if I’m misunderstanding what the time frame for repairs to be available is, I’m sorry
Considering the original company went bust years ago and the units we have now are around 10 years old, they have served us very well.

New company, new rules unfortunately...
To me it makes sense that they want to get up and running again and ensure they can supply all their retailers with stock before looking into repairing units from years ago.

Who knows if there have been design changes made with these newer units??
They were very involved in the initial run but do not seem interested in posting on our community this time around.

Maybe post a wanted ad in the classified section and try and pick up an older working unit?
Or it may be time to look into other vaporizers that are commercially available at present with good customer service and repairs.

Not too many 10 year old vape companies out there still repairing their first offerings to the market.
Can only think of a few commercial companies still around and servicing their older units.
Lots of log makers here still service their first vapes from back in the day.

DaVapeGuy

Recent email from herbalizer:

Herbalizer Production is imminent!​

An update from your friends at Herbalizer:

Consistent with our promise to our loyal customer base, we wanted to give you an update on the manufacturing status: Manufacturing of Herbalizers is now imminent!! We know this has been a long journey and many of you are probably as anxious for the release of the Herbalizer as we are.

Given our high standards for quality and the high-tech nature of the Herbalizer, we expected some supply chain hiccups and manufacturing wrinkles to occur, especially with what happened to global supply chains during the pandemic. However, there was one particular challenge which proved to be exceptionally difficult.

As you may know, one of the unique features of the Herbalizer is that the heated air never touches plastic as it moves through the hot-air pathway; it only comes in contact with glass, ceramic, and stainless steel, all of which are inert materials that don’t affect the flavor of the vapor. As an added measure to ensure the pure, clean quality of the vapor, even the plastic near the airway is a high-performance plastic used in high-temperature applications where being chemically inert is essential. Over the last several months, this plastic has been in high demand for defense/military purposes, and our order for that material was pushed out several times.

We finally have the necessary materials, production has already begun (as you see below), and we are looking forward to having completed units ready for purchase by the end of January!
ADKq_NZWRgxyMq2zl-jdsJ_CW6QOPGGIH3DnqX--SIGKeMR9EvYi78JDu96C47gntZ1ICJhj5vQwnASmiKfyU5lYU6JsLob_rEPFyp4kRcLojomPP5mKXIJfBhbr_XOeG-yKUgPaqMSMxVotcgSM7SxwgK2z724Zd4fY-JE=s0-d-e1-ft

Thank you for your continued support.

Your Flower, Our Power.
- The Herbalizer Team

lazylathe

Almost there...
Recent email from herbalizer:

I am thinking that their return is not going to be as big as their initial release!
Everything they have added to their new site is WAY more expensive than they have ever been.
Bowls at $130 before taxes... Now on for $99, may be a sale but still MORE expensive than before.
Balloons are $50 for 4 plus taxes and shipping...

I am waiting to find out how much the actual unit is!!

My OG is still running so i will keep an eye from the curtains!

And today is the day I will bring Herbie out for a Xmas spin!

I am old enough to fondly remember these movies and the shape of the car reminds me of my Herbie!

beetle-car-D71-2581-free-image-861x574.jpg

MuffnPuff

Highellow all.

I have been using the Herbalizer since it came out but never with concentrates. I know the aroma pad that is stored in the lid can be used but am wondering if I can just put the concentrate on top of the herb. I have never done concentrates so advice would be great.

Thank you
HR MuffnPuff

MuffnPuff,

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
wondering if I can just put the concentrate on top of the herb.
Longtime Herbie user here too. I mostly use flower, but when I use concentrates, I prefer to skip the pad with a 'trate sammich' -- a layer of herb, a small dab, and more herb on top. Less is more for sure, and IMO the dryer the material the better. The best results I've had has been an 'old school hash' with the consistency of pressed kief. I can break up a tiny chunk and spread it around. Stickier material works too, the only thing to watch out for would be a particularly viscous dab dripping down to the bottom screen. But if you don't overdo it, you'll be fine. You may need to clean your top screen more often though. And grab a friend, because the bowl lasts FOREVER!!! :ko:

Scrimshaw,
Reactions: MuffnPuff

MuffnPuff

Highellow all.

I have been using the Herbalizer since it came out but never with concentrates. I know the aroma pad that is stored in the lid can be used but am wondering if I can just put the concentrate on top of the herb. I have never done concentrates so advice would be great.

Thank you
HR MuffnPuff

Longtime Herbie user here too. I mostly use flower, but when I use concentrates, I prefer to skip the pad with a 'trate sammich' -- a layer of herb, a small dab, and more herb on top. Less is more for sure, and IMO the dryer the material the better. The best results I've had has been an 'old school hash' with the consistency of pressed kief. I can break up a tiny chunk and spread it around. Stickier material works too, the only thing to watch out for would be a particularly viscous dab dripping down to the bottom screen. But if you don't overdo it, you'll be fine. You may need to clean your top screen more often though. And grab a friend, because the bowl lasts FOREVER!!! :ko:

ty for the help. I am glad to see that Herballizer is active again. they are just down bowls, bags and screens but say they will get the herbie out again soon.

MuffnPuff,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@johnherbalizee

Has anything changed since the OG Herbie was released with this new version?
Any new components, technology or anything of interest you can tell us about??

There has also been a long standing conversation about the use of fibreglass in the Herbalizer. Is there may truth to this?? Would love to finally have this explained as either truth or urban legend!

Would love that know the answer!!

kcmochris

Any idea what to use for replacement bags? I've got 3 bags left from the ebay fire sale. None of those items are avail with the re-release impending and these foos want $50 for 4 bags.

kcmochris,

johnherbalizee

Manufacturer
That is correct we have started selling herbalizers and our offering them at a $50 discount to the early adapters. You can go to our website and click on the want to own button and get your name on the list to get this discount. We will be offering the devices as they become available to people in the order in which they have signed up on the list. Thank you to the community for all your support John

johnherbalizee,

johnherbalizee

Manufacturer
We are a small company and currently are focusing all our energy and getting production of new units up to speed. Although we are not associated at all with the old company when we do start our repair service we will do our best to provide service to all the older units that can be fixed. Sign up on our website for updates and we will let you know when the repair services started. Thank you for your support

Top Bottom