The Herbalizer

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
One more comment on water:

While a few droplets around the bowl aren't of much concern, the buttons themselves might be. The circuit board is right under there, and there would be a danger of them seeping spillage down to the PCB, and then you won't be happy. Don't spill.

Comment for everyone else:

Reviews have just been turned on for the products on the website. For the few of us out there that like the Herbie (:rofl:) I'm sure Josh would appreciate some quality reviews and comments!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Alright, initial impressions on glass on glass. By all mean does it meat the expectations of the EVO. The EVO does offer a less restricted air-path but with Herbie's fan assist you can put hat to rest. I used a swagger dual level circ to turbine and found the hit extremely smooth.

No Herbie didn't produce widible clouds as much as the Evo but I assure you I was just as medicated as I would have been on either machine.

I se josh bringing a Gong to the table soon. He should, his market would double.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Alright, initial impressions on glass on glass. By all mean does it meat the expectations of the EVO. The EVO does offer a less restricted air-path but with Herbie's fan assist you can put hat to rest. I used a swagger dual level circ to turbine and found the hit extremely smooth.

No Herbie didn't produce widible clouds as much as the Evo but I assure you I was just as medicated as I would have been on either machine.

I se josh bringing a Gong to the table soon. He should, his market would double.

What are you experiencing that is different from the whip experience? I know that sounds like a dumbass question coming from me, but I have found the whip's vapor to be very cool and I am not coughing any more phlegm up the next day than when I use water filtration. Maybe you are getting milkier, thicker rips? I don't know...I just know I hooked it up to water once and it didn't make me want to go through wagging all that glass out again every time I use it. Now if I had a vape station set up out in the open all the time...

And I did it again yesterday where I left my series of dinky bowls in there all day stacked up for a nightcap later. So it was a full bowl of 'used at 390' duff set to 440 and I got several thick rips that knocked my ass out for the night with no further assistance needed!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
There has to be an air seal. For example - vito, he just laid a gong on top of the plastic exhaust. Great Idea but you'll lose 20 to 30% of the vapor at the base of the connection. My way was using a high temperature food grade vomit within an 18 - 18 female connector.

Once I had an air tight seal the options were limitless. This is an easy fix but I feel like Josh is holding out for something unrealistic. Replace the top cap of the bowl with something ceramic similar the what thermovape brought to the table. I would even eliminate the screen and drill out holes within the ceramic bowl. This wouldn't cause any distaste very similar to glass.

Using the Hydra - tube is a game changer for me. The broad spectrum of flavor you get is unlike anything from the Herbalizer before. At 435+ the clouds where no different than the EVO except know you have an assisted lung.

Imagine a completely ceramic bowl for flowers. With a gong you could add u-adapters for hands free pieces. Sometimes I think Josh wants to bring something groundbreaking to the table and I applaud that.
But in reality, all we want is a gong.

My next step - is a friend made friends with a local blower. I may see what it would cost to blow a top half of the bowl with an 18 mm gong on the outside.

If the price is right for a bulk order than I'll let you guy's know.

toros23

Once I had an air tight seal the options were limitless. This is an easy fix but I feel like Josh is holding out for something unrealistic. Replace the top cap of the bowl with something ceramic similar the what thermovape brought to the table. I would even eliminate the screen and drill out holes within the ceramic bowl. This wouldn't cause any distaste very similar to glass..

Just another thought.. If they reshaped the barbed end of the plastic hose adapter just a tiny bit, it would fit a 10mm glass reducer perfectly and still work with a whip. It already fits really good and is airtight for my 10/14mm lo-pro reducer, but it can come off if tilted too much. The barbed end of that little hose adapter already looks an awful lot like a 10mm male connector. I think if it was shaved down on the outer edges, just a little, it would be a perfect fit. I realize some people will want a larger adapter, but I don't think it is necessary.

toros23,
Reactions: mvapes

nigel

Just another thought.. If they reshaped the barbed end of the plastic hose adapter just a tiny bit, it would fit a 10mm glass reducer perfectly and still work with a whip.

If only there were devices where everyday Joes could take digital files that describe a notion they had and print out physical part that is an expression of said notion...
:)

I'll ask Bob later today if he might consider releasing the hose tip to something like Thiniverse. But even if there is a reason not to, it wouldn't take one of us long to model the original part to use as a base for modification.

psiclone

Well this may be my first post on FC but I can't think of a better way to spend it. I just ordered the Herbie. Read all 96 pages of this thread over the last 3-4 days as well haha. My previous vape experience has been solely limited to the volcano but I'm really looking forward to receiving this product based solely off the reviews that have accumulated here. Also thanks to the members that I pmed and answered my questions. Bunch of sharp dudes around here.

Here's my GonG set up... Whip connection piece to a 14/10 reducer to an 18/14 reducer... should work well with the VapeXhale glass mouthpiece I have on the way. It's airtight and pretty stable. Of course, a proper GonG set up that keeps your piece flush with the bowl would be ideal!

gtYc0Tg.jpg

nigel

Awesome! For those that were asked, your FC comments are up: http://www.herbalizer.com/reviews/ I love the fact the page is like 95% FC peeps! That's cool!

EDIT: Also I checked the Herbie device page's reviews. But I only see Sticks there. No other FC people have posted?? I thought more people would have jumped in? (Sorry Justin, I don't know if you are FC or not. My bad!)

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I think some of you are missing the point here. Yes you can use a piece of the whip or even the 10mm thought with the actual tip meant for Herbie was a great idea. But, you still leaving something in the airpath to void some of the flavor. It would be the same thing as putting a whip on an EVO. Sounds pretty silly.

Unfortunately I'm not a 3-D artist but my suggestion is very simple.

Your bowl is made up of a bottom half and top half. Imagine the top half was made out of ceramic and only ceramic. Looking at it from the bottom and you would see pin holes (air exhaust) and from the top - a ceramic gong or Cong. IMO I would do a bottom piece like that as well but the air intake may have to be to spec for the heat to travel into the bowl.

I don't know, I'm not a fucking scientist. But what I am is friends with tons of people here. And all my friends that DON'T have Herbie tell me it's purely because of the whip.

Josh, Sheila, and Bob - similar to field of dreams, if you build they will come.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Forgive the questions, Lazylathe. I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to this sort of things. Will the Evo mouthpiece work on the Herbie without modification? Did you stick something on the end to make it fit Herbie's bowl?

Top Bottom