The Herbalizer

RelaxedNow

Cool idea. That does not look like a standard whip to bowl connector though.

Here is how I do my whip setup. I have used it with Ratchett's Hydratube adapter (original) and have used it with a glass adapter that I use funtac to keep stuck to the bowl. The custom glass piece I have there is just so I can put a hemp fiber in there to smooth out the hits a bit more, capture reclaim, and reduce the amount of vapor haze that builds up on my glass. Those hemp fibers are especially good when doing oil because all of those oil droplets that build up on your glass get caught by the hemp fiber and are easy to vape later. I hate wasting oil.

Because I use that right angle adapter it makes using the whip great. I never get a kink.

v1mzwzY.jpg

I came up with a new way to use my pieces that I will post later today or tomorrow.

You're right about the connector. I forgot to mention that I had previously slipped a piece of silicone tubing over the standard connector and whip, because it wasn't staying attached to the bowl. I think that is an important addition, at least on mine.

I like your solution. As I mentioned, I've ordered my first glass piece, so I'll see how I like it, and may add your setup if I'm not satisfied. I don't use concentrates much though, as I have plenty of bud. I don't like paying retail for weed products, and am too cautious to attempt making concentrates myself.

RelaxedNow,

John Lewus

Here are some better pics of my whip setup. I like the original whip but hate that metal mouthpiece cause its hits my teeth and don't like how fragile the connection is to the bowl. This setup is more stable for me and I get the benefit of capturing some of the reclaim.

zINPZmI.jpg

iakSrgp.jpg

John Lewus

John Lewus,

Up_In_Vapor

...a LitTle DizZy...
Hey Everyone,
I've been checking out this forum for while as I've been researching which desktop vape to get. Thanks to everyone on here for the great information. It was daunting going through the 200+ pages, but I hacked through pretty much all of it.

And because of that, I am a proud new owner of a Herbie! I received it last Friday, and my fiance' and I broke it in over the weekend nicely :smug:. Though it's been only a few days, I can say I'm very happy with my purchase and have no buyers remorse at all. We both enjoyed the super-quick heat-up time and the ability to use the whip or bags. I like the bags when we're sitting on the couch chillin', and the whip is nice when we just want a quick session.

Of course, I still need to do a lot more experimentation with the various levels of temperatures and the resulting effects. I can say that I filled a bag at 372 degrees, and we both were amazed how good we felt afterwords. I then slowly crept the temperature until the bowl was spent. I did try a freshly packed bowl at 320 degrees (going by [vaporpedia link removed due to malware]), and while there was a light vapor, we really didn't feel too much from that. I'm sure the strain has a lot to do with that, but any input on starting temps would be great. I'm thinking of using it in a fashion where I start at low temps and work my way up until it's spent.

I forgot to mention that the primary method we've been using for enjoying our herb up until now is a G-Pen Pro :ugh:. So, no doubt, this has been a whole new experience for us in vaping with the Herbie. We can actually taste the characteristics of the herb; it's great! I have a feeling the G-Pen will be short lived because I think I feel the onset of VAS setting in, so we'll see. The Crafty looks very cool.

I do have a question about the aromatherapy function on the Herbie -- when I turn that on, I think I can feel some air blowing, but it's very faint, and I can't tell if it's heated or not. Is this normal? I can smell the "Herbie Blend" oil in the area, so i know it must be working, but I'm just wondering if I should be feeling more air flow and if it's heated or just blowing air over the oil pad.

Thanks again! Cheers! :leaf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tex

@Up_In_Vapor - Skip the Crafty and just get a Mighty. You can get it on puffitup for a really good price with the discount code. Its an awesome vape.

Tex,

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Early in the thread people were reporting that using the aroma pad tucked into the slot that is intended for aromatherapy function would then cause the taste to be effected when using it for your herb. Also, I bought mine second hand and the original owner had used some sort of mint essential oil and I tasted it for a long time. Almost made me get rid of the unit. I had had to run it empty for quite awhile until the mint taste faded.

Aromatherapy on the Herbie is not just putting something in the bowl and running the fan to vent it to atmosphere.

Hope this makes sense.

Madcap79,

TboneToker

Early in the thread people were reporting that using the aroma pad tucked into the slot that is intended for aromatherapy function would then cause the taste to be effected when using it for your herb. Also, I bought mine second hand and the original owner had used some sort of mint essential oil and I tasted it for a long time. Almost made me get rid of the unit. I had had to run it empty for quite awhile until the mint taste faded.

Aromatherapy on the Herbie is not just putting something in the bowl and running the fan to vent it to atmosphere.

Hope this makes sense.

Makes sense, but wouldn't it be a lot like running the volcano without a balloon? That's horrible why wouldn't they design it so you can actually use aromatherapy without affecting taste

TboneToker,
Reactions: Madcap79

Up_In_Vapor

...a LitTle DizZy...
Honestly, since this is new, I'm playing around with the aromatherapy function, but I'm sure that after a while I won't be using that function very much, if at all. It's a new toy, so you know how it is...gotta play with all the features.

I also read somewhere in the slew of posts about the aromatherapy function "cross-contaminating" the herbs for some people. I didn't run into that, but it may also have something to do with the aromatherapy oils people use. Who knows? I know that I do not store the herbie blend oil in the built-in storage area. I've read of that spilling out for some people, so I don't want to take that chance.

I'm stilling playing around with the different temps. Like I mentioned before, 320 was light vapor and really nothing was felt. I tried 360 and there was more vapor, and the effects were felt more, but nothing hard hitting. But, the first time I used the herbie, I filled a balloon at 374 and it took me and my fiance' for a trip!! Perhaps that's the sweet spot for the strain I have. I'm having fun experimenting, that's for sure.

Up_In_Vapor,

TboneToker

Honestly, since this is new, I'm playing around with the aromatherapy function, but I'm sure that after a while I won't be using that function very much, if at all. It's a new toy, so you know how it is...gotta play with all the features.

I also read somewhere in the slew of posts about the aromatherapy function "cross-contaminating" the herbs for some people. I didn't run into that, but it may also have something to do with the aromatherapy oils people use. Who knows? I know that I do not store the herbie blend oil in the built-in storage area. I've read of that spilling out for some people, so I don't want to take that chance.

I'm stilling playing around with the different temps. Like I mentioned before, 320 was light vapor and really nothing was felt. I tried 360 and there was more vapor, and the effects were felt more, but nothing hard hitting. But, the first time I used the herbie, I filled a balloon at 374 and it took me and my fiance' for a trip!! Perhaps that's the sweet spot for the strain I have. I'm having fun experimenting, that's for sure.

I find 300 too 320 on any high end vaporizer (aromed,volcano,herbie,evo, basically anything that is great at keeping the temperature still) to be fantastic if you're about to maybe just do a little project, it gives you THC but not too much else and is very easy on the throat, lungs etc... 340-360 is a great overall range for any time in my experience because it gives you a higher dose of THC and some of the other compounds to balance it out! 366-396 is great for later in the day or for more pain relief and anything higher is more the pain relief and sleep aid! I kind of love how for me at least, the temp seems to be the higher I go in degrees the more sleepy/pain relief it is and the lower I go the higher/stimilating effects come out to play.

TboneToker,

RelaxedNow

I find 300 too 320 on any high end vaporizer (aromed,volcano,herbie,evo, basically anything that is great at keeping the temperature still) to be fantastic if you're about to maybe just do a little project, it gives you THC but not too much else and is very easy on the throat, lungs etc... 340-360 is a great overall range for any time in my experience because it gives you a higher dose of THC and some of the other compounds to balance it out! 366-396 is great for later in the day or for more pain relief and anything higher is more the pain relief and sleep aid! I kind of love how for me at least, the temp seems to be the higher I go in degrees the more sleepy/pain relief it is and the lower I go the higher/stimilating effects come out to play.

It's interesting that I find the same effects you mention, but each effect at about 30 degrees higher. For example, pain relief or sleep aid at 420 degrees. But, as @Up_In_Vapor mentioned, I suppose that could be related to the strains.

YungLeaner

I've tried the Herbie at lower temps, but I can't really get satisfying vapor at anything below 380. I'm a high tolerance user who vapes way too much, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. 300 is really, really low unless you're aiming for specific compounds at the exclusion of almost everything else. That's right around the level that people press rosin at..

YungLeaner,

Madcap79

I use mine in the 320-350 F range during the day. For me, it's an energetic heady high and I revape what I used during the day, at night. My night time range is 420-445 F.

I am a lightweight tolerance wise. Always have been. Suppose I'm lucky.

Madcap79,
Reactions: Maine420

YungLeaner

I use mine in the 320-350 F range during the day. For me, it's an energetic heady high and I revape what I used during the day, at night. My night time range is 420-445 F.

I am a lightweight tolerance wise. Always have been. Suppose I'm lucky.
How much do you smoke during an average day? Do you get visible vapor at 350? I believe all the science behind low temp vaping, but I just don't feel much of anything on lower temp bowls.

Madcap79

How much do you smoke during an average day? Do you get visible vapor at 350? I believe all the science behind low temp vaping, but I just don't feel much of anything on lower temp bowls.
Everyone is different. I do get visible vapor as low as 350. Whispy but it's there. Especially once the load is heat soaked. Not sure what I use in a typical day? 0.5 g maybe?

Madcap79,

YungLeaner

Everyone is different. I do get visible vapor as low as 350. Whispy but it's there. Especially once the load is heat soaked. Not sure what I use in a typical day? 0.5 g maybe?
I probably smoke about 1 gram a day--it feels like more but the Herbalizer has that effect. Trying a bowl at 350 now, for science.

edit: WOW--this is a nice feeling. Very creative.

Last edited:
YungLeaner,

TboneToker

If I have an Aromed and a Volcano would it be worth getting a Herbalizer? The volcano would be my go to for balloons but I'm wondering if the Herbalizer is a lot better than the aromed or if it's not worth the investment? I'll most likely end up getting one but if the aromed has similar ability to be precise with temperature than I don't think it's worth getting the herbalizer.

YungLeaner

If I have an Aromed and a Volcano would it be worth getting a Herbalizer? The volcano would be my go to for balloons but I'm wondering if the Herbalizer is a lot better than the aromed or if it's not worth the investment? I'll most likely end up getting one but if the aromed has similar ability to be precise with temperature than I don't think it's worth getting the herbalizer.
Haven't used the Aromed, but the Herbalizer is as precise as it gets, and the bowl system is infinitely more functional and ergonomic than the Aromed's. It's really top of the line.

YungLeaner,

MinnBobber

Aromed-- Volcano---Herbalizer, to me they are kind of like 3 different genre in the desktop category.
Have used all 3 but only own the Herbie

Is it worth getting a Herbalizer? I'd say yes but I'm "biased" by Herbie's performance, finding it better all around/more versatile than the Volcano and Aromed. The tough part is that you already own them so what about ADDING a Herbalizer.

I'd call Aromed the "updated/newer/smaller Verdamper" :) Both look like a school science lab piece of equipment but Aromed is smaller and nice to have full temp range etc. Water filter. Great vapor quality.

Volcano is the old timer---reliable as can be, great for bags, not efficient with herbage .

Herbalizer the sleek new kid on the block. Bags or whip or glass mouthpiece. Bubbler or hydratube. Draw or fan assistance. 10 seconds to warm up. Doesn't look like a lab instrument.

You'd probably really like the Herbie + hydratube option as it's quick, smooth, powerful, moisturized, precise temp.

herbtroll

Hello all, Tried searching though page after page of the thread but was unsuccessful in finding my answer.... What is the best place to order the standard SqueezeValve bags from? The place I originally ordered from is no longer carrying parts and could not point me anywhere other than the manufacturer. Thank you in advance!

herbtroll,

TboneToker

Aromed-- Volcano---Herbalizer, to me they are kind of like 3 different genre in the desktop category.
Have used all 3 but only own the Herbie

Is it worth getting a Herbalizer? I'd say yes but I'm "biased" by Herbie's performance, finding it better all around/more versatile than the Volcano and Aromed. The tough part is that you already own them so what about ADDING a Herbalizer.

I'd call Aromed the "updated/newer/smaller Verdamper" :) Both look like a school science lab piece of equipment but Aromed is smaller and nice to have full temp range etc. Water filter. Great vapor quality.

Volcano is the old timer---reliable as can be, great for bags, not efficient with herbage .

Herbalizer the sleek new kid on the block. Bags or whip or glass mouthpiece. Bubbler or hydratube. Draw or fan assistance. 10 seconds to warm up. Doesn't look like a lab instrument.

You'd probably really like the Herbie + hydratube option as it's quick, smooth, powerful, moisturized, precise temp.

I'll probably get a herbalizer but I'd like to try one first... I also want an evo! So I have lots to spend but I am happy with the volcano and aromed for this year haha.

TboneToker,
Top Bottom