The Herbalizer

zombied

On the rare occasion I use the solid valve system I never have to hold it down. The weight is enough to fill on its own. I always put the yellow ring that comes with the solid valve system into the groove for the magnetic bowl so that the solid valve's weight does not deform the plastic when it is heated.

Do you mean using the solid valve bowl and bag? I use the Herbalizer bowl and solid valve bag out of fear of deforming the plastic.

zombied,

John Lewus

Do you mean using the solid valve bowl and bag? I use the Herbalizer bowl and solid valve bag out of fear of deforming the plastic.

Yes. I don't do bags a lot but I have never had an issue with the solid valve bag system using the solid valve bowl. The yellow ring is a near perfect fit for the Herbie so I put that down first and just set the solid valve on top. It is heavy enough that it does not need to be held down. There have been several discussions of this in this thread with pictures if you go back maybe 100 posts or so. Only one person AFAIK only had the plastic slightly deform but they were setting the solid valve directly onto the plastic and running bowl after bowl at 445. Even though it deformed a little they could heat up the herbie and use the herbie bowl to remold it back to its original shape. Once that person switch to using the yellow ring I think it solved their problem.

John Lewus,

virtualpurple

Yes. I don't do bags a lot but I have never had an issue with the solid valve bag system using the solid valve bowl. The yellow ring is a near perfect fit for the Herbie so I put that down first and just set the solid valve on top. It is heavy enough that it does not need to be held down. There have been several discussions of this in this thread with pictures if you go back maybe 100 posts or so. Only one person AFAIK only had the plastic slightly deform but they were setting the solid valve directly onto the plastic and running bowl after bowl at 445. Even though it deformed a little they could heat up the herbie and use the herbie bowl to remold it back to its original shape. Once that person switch to using the yellow ring I think it solved their problem.

Dude, good looking out!

I need to try and price one out now. Wish I'd have thought about this over the holidays, perhaps could have saved a few bucks.

virtualpurple,
Reactions: John Lewus
Where can i get one?

Nygamer814,

Tex

For those of you using hydratubes that plug directly into the bowl, are you buying from DHGate? Any models that you would recommend?

I have a water pipe where I can connect the hose to it, but it is kinda a pain.

I'm using a hydratube from Vapexhale. I originally ordered the Hydrabomb, and they sent me a Turbine by mistake. Then they sent a Hydrabomb and I did water only demos with each one and the Hydrabomb was a clear winner for me. It is ridiculously smooth and has basically no drag...hits awesome, serious perc action. I'm using it with a Ratchett silicon adapter. It is by far my favorite way to use the Herbalizer, and the only way I've been using it for 3/4 of the time I have owned it. Bags and whip just don't even come close. Vapexhale actually has their hydratubes on sale right now. Not DHGate cheap, but still a very good value IMO.

Tex,

zombied

I'm using a hydratube from Vapexhale. I originally ordered the Hydrabomb, and they sent me a Turbine by mistake. Then they sent a Hydrabomb and I did water only demos with each one and the Hydrabomb was a clear winner for me. It is ridiculously smooth and has basically no drag...hits awesome, serious perc action. I'm using it with a Ratchett silicon adapter. It is by far my favorite way to use the Herbalizer, and the only way I've been using it for 3/4 of the time I have owned it. Bags and whip just don't even come close. Vapexhale actually has their hydratubes on sale right now. Not DHGate cheap, but still a very good value IMO.

I don't really see a difference in use from the DHGate glass I have and a bag other than a bit cooler and a LOT more inconvenient to use.

I use the bag system primarily because it is insanely convenient to have things on tap, especially if you're couch-locked with someone else :)

Why do you prefer the HydraBomb compared to the whip or bag?

MinnBobber

I don't really see a difference in use from the DHGate glass I have and a bag other than a bit cooler and a LOT more inconvenient to use.

I use the bag system primarily because it is insanely convenient to have things on tap, especially if you're couch-locked with someone else :)

......................................................................................................
I much prefer a hydratube or a bubbler with Herbie---usually a HT.

Absent the couch-locked with someone, I can go to my vape station and do a session in 30 seconds (two nice hits). Make that a minute if I opt to microwave/ use warm water in the HT for the ultimate moisturized vapor.
If the bong style HTs are not your thing, @Ratchett did a custom adapter that lets you use a whip with a bong style (open big mouthpiece) HT. This isn't my usual configuration but it could be a good fit for
two people sharing a session
3D%202%20whip.jpg

No right or wrong way----they're all good.
Just depends on what you happen to prefer

Tex

I've had my Herbie since August of 2014. I started off using only bags and the whip. Then I used the whip with a DHgate bong. Then I tossed bags and the whip and went Hydratube (HT). Bags became a massive PITA for me because when the stock bags became unusable I started using the Turkey bags with the squeeze valve in the corner of the bag (my design, posted way back on this thread). It worked great but eventually enough residue would cause the bag to stick together right near the squeeze valve, so if you forgot and took a hard rip from the bag, it would stick together badly and I just got tired of constantly having to make new bags in order to vape. With the whip, it got sticky and disgusting after a few months of use. Obviously its no big deal to replace the whip, but I just chose to go with a HT instead and I've never looked back.

The all glass airpath is really nice, and gives the best flavor IMO. The water of course cools down the vapor at those higher temps and makes it much more pleasant. There is nothing wrong with the bags and the whip, I just used them enough to get tired of them. Also, 99% of my vape sessions are me and my fiance only so we just sit at the table with herbie and share the HT which is very convenient for us.

Also, having used the whip/bong combo before switching to the HT I can tell you there is no comparison. The whip reduces airflow greatly and the HT doesn't. I also noticed that when my whip got nasty (I could look through it and see residue covering the inside), I noticed that all my hits kind of tasted like abv. Not fresh and flavorful, almost like the flavor of the residue inside the whip was negatively affecting the flavor. Purely speculation, but I have no flavor issues whatsoever with the HT. The first 6-8 hits are full of intense flavor and then it tapers down from there.

sch15m

I have an issue with the whip. There is a lot of resistance and there are't any clouds like before. I need to use the fan assist to get noticeable clouds. The whip is in good condition, it's not clogged or anything. Could there be something wrong with the unit itself?

sch15m,

sch15m

@TeeJay1952

i just cleaned them.. I tried the whip and same thing, only two hits had noticeable vapor with 398 F.. Then i filled the rest with a bag. There was vapor. Must be my whip.

sch15m,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@sch15m

How did you clean your screens?
I usually just switch the lower and upper screens around and find this works most of the time.
If you are still not getting vapor try a brand new set of screens.

I also find that some strains did not output a lot of vapor with Herbie but the effects were still there.
Try switching to a known strain that does give a lot of vapor and test again.
Also test out the max temp and see what happens, could be the strain needs a bit more heat to produce clouds.

Also try cleaning your whip with some ISO and also remove the mouthpiece as this add some more restriction to the system.
I used to use a bigger bore tubing and it worked really well but have since gone back to the stock whip minus the MP.

One last thing would be to try attaching a water tool, i find this creates more air flow and the vapor comes on thick and fast!

zombied

@sch15m

How did you clean your screens?
I usually just switch the lower and upper screens around and find this works most of the time.
If you are still not getting vapor try a brand new set of screens.

I also find that some strains did not output a lot of vapor with Herbie but the effects were still there.
Try switching to a known strain that does give a lot of vapor and test again.
Also test out the max temp and see what happens, could be the strain needs a bit more heat to produce clouds.

Also try cleaning your whip with some ISO and also remove the mouthpiece as this add some more restriction to the system.
I used to use a bigger bore tubing and it worked really well but have since gone back to the stock whip minus the MP.

One last thing would be to try attaching a water tool, i find this creates more air flow and the vapor comes on thick and fast!

You can ISO-bath your screens. It helps a lot, but you really should have a good supply of fresh brand new screens available as well. They're only about 50 cents a pop anyway.

zombied,

Tehmongoose

I like to hi
I was having that problem with my whip and bags not filling all the way, I changed the bottom screen because it was past the point of cleaning and it is night and day! I also soaked the top part of the bowl in iso with the ring off and it helped too i'm sure. Now bags fill consistently and the whip draws smooth. I also have a SonG on order from @ ratchet to start using hydratubes! Those sound bomb as hell!

TboneToker

If i want the best vaporizer for blowing balloons, would you guys recommend Herbie or Volcano? I am aware of the differences but I am interested straight answers. Can the volcano perform well at 340 degrees? I heard that Herbie can.

TboneToker,

sch15m

Well my Herbie just died on me. I knew something was wrong! Any ideas what to do next? I live in Europe so sending it will be a pain. Any other alternatives?

9WvNSVo.jpg

sch15m,

TboneToker

Well my Herbie just died on me. I knew something was wrong! Any ideas what to do next? I live in Europe so sending it will be a pain. Any other alternatives?

9WvNSVo.jpg

Hmm, it's things like this that make me lean towards a volcano. I would still like to know if the volcano works well with lower temps such as 330-350

TboneToker,

MinnBobber

Hmm, it's things like this that make me lean towards a volcano. I would still like to know if the volcano works well with lower temps such as 330-350
Bear in mind, Herbies are not supposed to be used in Europe on 220 V and the mhz are different too, which I believe is the bigger issue for not using in Europe.
Where are you located?

I think the Volcano bags are better BUT you can use Volcano bags with Herbie.
I think Volcano fills bags faster but hopefully someone can gave exact times.

Outside of that, Herbie is more efficient with herb and better tasting and more versatile if you want to use whips, bubbler, hydratube.

MinnBobber,

TboneToker

Bear in mind, Herbies are not supposed to be used in Europe on 220 V and the mhz are different too, which I believe is the bigger issue for not using in Europe.
Where are you located?

I think the Volcano bags are better BUT you can use Volcano bags with Herbie.
I think Volcano fills bags faster but hopefully someone can gave exact times.

Outside of that, Herbie is more efficient with herb and better tasting and more versatile if you want to use whips, bubbler, hydratube.
I'm not interested in whip function etc because I have an aromed plus I can always put the balloon upside down on a bong!!

TboneToker,

sch15m

@MinnBobber

I've had my Herbie for a year and a half on an industrial transformer, it worked just fine. All of a sudden I notice a drop in cloud thickness and today it gave me that message. Haven't changed my setup so don't know what happened.

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber

I've had my Herbie for a year and a half on an industrial transformer, it worked just fine. All of a sudden I notice a drop in cloud thickness and today it gave me that message. Haven't changed my setup so don't know what happened.
Sorry to hear it has a problem.
Sometimes turning any vape on--off--on--off gets it to reset.
Or turn on aroma therapy mode and then vape mode??
Bummer to have to send it in :(

MinnBobber,

virtualpurple

I'm not interested in whip function etc because I have an aromed plus I can always put the balloon upside down on a bong!!

I may be alone in this, but I really don't care for using my balloons through water. I felt like the vapor and flavor just became too diffuse.

As @MinnBobber said though, the Herbie is pretty darn efficient with material, and my understanding is that the Aromed requires some modifications to make it herb efficient (@aimlessryan has detailed a pretty nifty method if you haven't already seen it).

I did not initially have any interest in the whip with the Herbie but man, it is flavor country and vapor production forever.

Some members here prefer to use the Volcano solid valve kit instead of the Herbie bags. The Herbie bag valves can tear and begin leaking fairly quick, and Herbalizer seems disinterested in improving their design.

virtualpurple,
Top Bottom