The Herbalizer

Mrmrmrmr

Has anyone come up with a fairly inexpensive way to carry their Herbie around via some type of protective case?
In my area I can't exactly go out with it packed in the case it came in...

Mrmrmrmr,

John Lewus

his color really had it before USING the Solid Valve.

I give heavy use to Herbalizer ( Aproxiamadamente about 700gr of medicinal flowers and concentrates 30 per month )

this color is both resins for use but with some isopropyl clean easily .

Awesome. I might go buy a solid valve starter kit now.

Has anyone come up with a fairly inexpensive way to carry their Herbie around via some type of protective case?

Pelican 1400 worked great for me.

John Lewus,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Cover the case with contact paper.. of any shade or texture or design.
Want the original box to stay like it is??
Use nicely folded brown paper (or any paper), and tape it in place like kids tape paper on their textbooks.

BradEllis

My Limited Edition Herbalizer will be here thursday! im so stoked to use it if you guys have any tips or suggestions let me know I plan on using it as my daily home use and I have a persei with sr74x on the way also for my portable or at work use I mainly smoke wax but I always have a jar of some good buds sitting back

Vap2.0user

Hello Herbie peoples. I am going to purchase. I have a s&b mighty as main driver. Would like Herbie as main driver and mighty for cordless.

Any word on customer service or warranty repair?
How would you rate them in these areas.
I had a different experience than most when I needed service for my Herbie around Christmas.

I contacted Carrie who set everything up for me to send in my unit for service and I intentionally planned to send it over Christmas since I would be out of town away from my Herbie anyway so why not use this time away for repair and when I spoke to Carrie I specifically asked if they were backed up since it was yearend and she said not at all this would be a good time and mentioned they would be closed a couple days for the holidays. I expressed to Carrie I am on the East Coast and wanted my unit back ASAP which she indicated she understood and it would take 2-3 weeks for them to do their thing.

Once they received my unit they couldn't seem to figure out where in the process of repair my unit was after about a week. There seemed to be an issue getting messages between their office and the repair shop. Then Carrie mentioned they were really backed up as well. Hmm red flags went off for me since this was contrary to what Carrie initially told me. I also wonder why it would take them 2-3 weeks to examine and repair a unit in the first place? Do they have so many units in need or repair or are they just focused on production and don't dedicate the necessary resources for service. Either one ain't good IMO.

I pressed Carrie on why was she telling me it was now in process when she said the same thing 10 days earlier and it was so weird she was so indignant about it and responded yeah I know I'm saying the same thing over again but what's the problem and I tell her you need to tell me what the deal is with my unit its been 2 work weeks now.

Oh yeah then comes the unreturned phone calls and promises. When I spoke to Carrie on the 10 day mark this was on a Friday and she assured me she would check with the shop and let me know by the end of the day what the status was and of course no call or email. On the following Monday I called around mid day their time to give Carrie the opportunity to call me (she never did). I spoke to someone who said oh she stepped out I'll let her know you called. Nothing. So when I called back I dialed the extension of Bob since I've seen his name mentioned on here as one of the founders.

Surely Bob a founder of this fledgling company would step in and say hey I'll get an answer for you asap and let you know asap. Haha wrong again Herbalizer fans Bob said I'll have Carrie call you when she gets here. I told him she promised to call on Friday and that whole story and he interrupted me and said sir I'm a founder of this company and I can assure you I'll have Carrie call you. No not hey why are you unsatisfied Mr. Customer. Hmm.

So the end of this adventure was Carrie did call back but still didn't know where in the process my unit was but she would surely get to the bottom of this. I was so disappointed, frustrated, angry, etc at this point I was like Carrie you've said this before and made these promises so I don't trust that you'll come thru so whatever I'm at your mercy at this point.

Carrie emailed me the following day that they decided to send me a new unit but made sure to be as snarky as she could like her line of I haven't heard from you since our pleasant conversation the other day. Wow lovely customer service Herbalizer, Inc from top to bottom....

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
They said two to three weeks, and you ended up with a new unit in less than 3 weeks? How does the new unit work? Not defending the customer service but at least the final results were good. Did you end up with two wips, two bowls, two sets of bags ect? Just wondering

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: Madcap79

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
I'm just about to send my unit in for repair :( you're scaring me ... So far Carrie has been helpful with me

Halfqq,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I had a different experience than most when I needed service for my Herbie around Christmas.

I contacted Carrie who set everything up for me to send in my unit for service and I intentionally planned to send it over Christmas since I would be out of town away from my Herbie anyway so why not use this time away for repair and when I spoke to Carrie I specifically asked if they were backed up since it was yearend and she said not at all this would be a good time and mentioned they would be closed a couple days for the holidays. I expressed to Carrie I am on the East Coast and wanted my unit back ASAP which she indicated she understood and it would take 2-3 weeks for them to do their thing.

Once they received my unit they couldn't seem to figure out where in the process of repair my unit was after about a week. There seemed to be an issue getting messages between their office and the repair shop. Then Carrie mentioned they were really backed up as well. Hmm red flags went off for me since this was contrary to what Carrie initially told me. I also wonder why it would take them 2-3 weeks to examine and repair a unit in the first place? Do they have so many units in need or repair or are they just focused on production and don't dedicate the necessary resources for service. Either one ain't good IMO.

I pressed Carrie on why was she telling me it was now in process when she said the same thing 10 days earlier and it was so weird she was so indignant about it and responded yeah I know I'm saying the same thing over again but what's the problem and I tell her you need to tell me what the deal is with my unit its been 2 work weeks now.

Oh yeah then comes the unreturned phone calls and promises. When I spoke to Carrie on the 10 day mark this was on a Friday and she assured me she would check with the shop and let me know by the end of the day what the status was and of course no call or email. On the following Monday I called around mid day their time to give Carrie the opportunity to call me (she never did). I spoke to someone who said oh she stepped out I'll let her know you called. Nothing. So when I called back I dialed the extension of Bob since I've seen his name mentioned on here as one of the founders.

Surely Bob a founder of this fledgling company would step in and say hey I'll get an answer for you asap and let you know asap. Haha wrong again Herbalizer fans Bob said I'll have Carrie call you when she gets here. I told him she promised to call on Friday and that whole story and he interrupted me and said sir I'm a founder of this company and I can assure you I'll have Carrie call you. No not hey why are you unsatisfied Mr. Customer. Hmm.

So the end of this adventure was Carrie did call back but still didn't know where in the process my unit was but she would surely get to the bottom of this. I was so disappointed, frustrated, angry, etc at this point I was like Carrie you've said this before and made these promises so I don't trust that you'll come thru so whatever I'm at your mercy at this point.

Carrie emailed me the following day that they decided to send me a new unit but made sure to be as snarky as she could like her line of I haven't heard from you since our pleasant conversation the other day. Wow lovely customer service Herbalizer, Inc from top to bottom....

I really hate to hear this. I recently sent my Herbie in for recalibration, and it took a little bit longer. Carrie warned me about that from the get go, though, because I asked before I sent it in. My Herbie was gone for 3 weeks in January, from the day I dropped it off at UPS until the day UPS delivered it back to me.

I kept in constant contact with Carrie the whole time because I really needed my Herbie back because it helps my medical needs the best out of all my vaporizers. Every time I contacted her, she replied within 4 hours. I never felt like I was being avoided. If anything, I felt more like a pest bothering her knowing full well it was going to be at least 3 weeks because of the holidays. It wasn't so much asking when I'd get it back, but more what problem my Herbie was having. I also wanted to make sure I would be getting my Limited Edition box back too.

I really love my Herbalizer because it helps me medicate precisely, which is important because I am chronically ill, and need the precision. I know Herbalizer has had a lot of changes, on top of the holidays. Plus, they are a small company. I just want the changes to be positive, and for them to stay in business, for strictly selfish reasons. :nod: :)

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Sorry, as i am sure this has been answered before but when you need replacement bags/balloons you cant just buy bags and hook them to the sqweeze vavles? Meaning i need to buy factory bags with sweeze valve connected and cant reuse just the valve with fresh bags? Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks madcap. Great news, although i dont often use bags i like to replace with a new one on the regular. once they get at all sticky, im onto the next one.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Ive got one on the way, may sell some old vapes after testing, something i rarely do. But this should at least make my Extreme and zephyr obsolete I hope. Next to go may be LSV and maybe an OG Cloud or two... i need to do something to justify the price tag, and selling a few older vapes may do just that

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Ive got one on the way, may sell some old vapes after testing, something i rarely do. But this should at least make my Extreme and zephyr obsolete I hope. Next to go may be LSV and maybe an OG Cloud or two... i need to do something to justify the price tag, and selling a few older vapes may do just that

You should keep at least one, as a backup, just in case. ;)

turk

turk
...yeah don't give-up the evo...I still use it for all my water activities...eventually I may attach something to herbie...but at this point its not a priority...

BradEllis

My Limited Edition Herbalizer will be here thursday! im so stoked to use it if you guys have any tips or suggestions let me know I plan on using it as my daily home use and I have a persei with sr74x on the way also for my portable or at work use I mainly smoke wax but I always have a jar of some good buds sitting back
anybody?

BradEllis,

BradEllis

I can't really think of anything right now. Just use your Herbie via whip and bag so you can try both methods. Get to know your Herbie, and get comfortable using it. After that, you may want to filter through water, or not. It's really personal preference. :)
Ok thank you my herbie will be here tomorrow so im pretty stoked to use it I wonder how good it vapes concentrates though I seem to get more wax than I do bud

BradEllis,

rogerrabbit

Hello all!

First I want to say welcome to @BradEllis and @IAmKrazy2 for their interest in the Herbie! You wont regret it!

I wanted to post my new technique for the Herbie for not only these new guys, but also for experienced Herbie users, as I really did not get much feedback on people, whether they liked the video, and the method, or not...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-herbalizer.9116/page-213#post-725613

I only use this method, and I wouldn't go back to the original method, so I am baffled that more people have not commented at all, or asked questions. I had 2 people comment, and I really didn't know if they enjoyed it or not, One said he got big hits, and that was all he said. I hope people just missed it, as it seems some people did. I will try to keep posting it so new people can see in case they missed it.

I just can't see myself cleaning my screens or any bullshit like that anymore. Besides the fact my hits are 10 fold milk what the original method could produce. Can't beat thick, tastey rips. I only stir when I notice the vapor has lessened. A quick stir and I get more giant rips. I could not stir and just take lots of less vapor hits, but who wants that? :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also as for the bags, I am shocked that the solid valve melts the Herbie. TBH I'm guessing that voids the warranty also, as it's more of a you fuckup, not a malfunction. Hopefully Herbie would do somethinf for those of you whio have this issue. I also find it odd this even happens, guess the Solid valve gets too hot? I would just use the sold valve bags with a nice packing with my method, though I have been having issues with slow filling, but thick vapor. I wish the Herbie's auto shut off could be shut off as well so we can fill bags with no interuption.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the glass usage, I am honestly baffled that people are putting 300$ hydratubes, directly over their 700$ Herbies. My bowl is less loose due to resin buildup from my method, but regular people should still have issues with the bowl not staying on properly. I could only imagine the impact of it accidentally loosening and then falling and smashing into your Herbie/LCD screen. Best of luck to those who do this method, BUT BE CAREFUL! I also find that I have to either bend my neck, or position myself over the Herbie, which having 2 herniated and 2 buldging discs in my neck that's no bueno. I like to use a shortish SSV tubing whip and connect to my piece this way :). There is resin buildup, but the flow is really good and tasty!

Now people were asking about the LE Herbies and I was #90 I thin on Herbie's site and they said they still have a bunch in stock, so I'm assuming with Herbie, and other retailers there is probably 20+ left. They probably made 200 LE units or so. Depending on how fast they are bought at which place though. I figured 100 would be on their site or so, and 100 elsewher, but who knows....

As for cleaning my screens, the only thing I ever did was torch them, and that was before I found out my new method. Now I have probably torched 1-2 times in over a month and 1/2 - 2 months(usually blow into the screens though. 1 time I torched it because it was about a month since I did it last, and then the next day it was all gunked and it wouldn't blow through so I had to torch again... haha weird but yeah usually blows out and hasn't gunked since which was probably 2 weeks now).

By the way there was talks about combustion in the Herbie?

I believe I have combusted twice, once awhile ago, and once I believe last night. The way I found to achieve this is to take a hit while the unit is heating up. When I first got the unit I figured that whatever the red line was at would be the temp it's currently at, so if I started hitting at 350, I would be all set in 1-2 seconds at 380; however that is incorrect, because the heater is on full blast(you can see how much heat is being output by the heat lines on the lcd screen. 1 is low, 2 is medium, 3 is high). So I combusted this way a little bit last night I think. IT was black, on al ittle bit of the abv, and there was one clump of black which when touched just turned into dust. Didn't look like combustion ash, but was pretty dark. This was when I was heating up to 410*F).

Last thing I want to talk about is packing a nug into the herbie. I haven't tried it with the original method, but I did do 1 trial run last night with my method. basically a packed a decent sized nug in there, and pressed my top screen into it. Even though the top screen DID NOT fit into the bottom slot, the bud was so sticky, that it stuck to the bud. I got nice thick clouds, and it was pretty nice. I did pack a screen in the other side of my piece so that paticles wouldn't get in it (even if they got into the tubing), basically I have a 14mm connected to the tubing, and that sits into a 18mm with the screen, which fits into my 18mm tube.

The first screen was the screen I did some second run oil with awhile ago and it was really clogged... (I was wondering why it was al ittle hard to pull) the second screen was better for sure, but still had some drag I felt... I might not need a screen at all in there!

The screen stuck to the bud until I removed it to check on everything which looked fine. It just hung out there and nothing really happened. When I came to check it again I noticed it was tilted at aout a 45* angle but the bud was still in tact, with a little being caught on top in the stem hash, with some maybe even going into the tubing. Whcih means I should have not touched the screen and removed it since it was sitting there perfectly fine and stuck, but didn't stick again due to the buds probably not being sticky anymore.

This shows that we can throw a nug in there, and then vape it down./ After a certain point the bud was starting to crumble so I crushed it up, packed the screen in like I normally do, and took hits using my method. So overall everything worked out really well with packing a big nug, will definitely do more tests, and it was a big ballsy move, because I could have had particles getting sucked up all over the place, but really nothing got sucked up, except for a little due to me removing the screen (which I figured wouldn't stick again anyways, but it is all for the experimentation that I did it)!!!!

rogerrabbit,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

Chill Dude

Combustion should defiantly not happen with Herbie. In fact, percision temperature control is a top feature of the device. I have never combusted with The Herbalizer, but if I did, I would certainly send it back to get the problem evaluated and the device recalibrated. $700 is too much to pay for a device that doesn't operate as advertised and combustion should not be tolerated! I'm sure this is a rare event as the overwhelming majority of Herbie owners have never experienced combustion. Talk to The Herbalizer people. They will make it right!

Top Bottom