The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobewan

Not to look grounded suspicion in the eye, but being the vape industry still plays on the edge of legality, I can understand a certain amount of self protection and control over how much I revealed about myself, till I felt secure.
That can be a pretty personal thing, I'm proud of my pro cannabis use and stance, but my parents didn't name me Adobewan.

Edit:
Marduk covered my point before I posted.

poonman

ok , enough with the ' mole ' conspiracy ...hehe

@Zenpen
Can you tell us more about the oil/concentrate adaptor ?
How much ?
SS material also ?
What's the highest temp it can reach for oils/waxes ?

tia

Last edited:
poonman,
Reactions: Seren

rizzo

One thing that bothers me is that they changed their name once and now they picked another name that is used by even more companies and products. Goggle grasshopper and see. I love the concept and hope it works out but the name you apply to your product is the most basic and most important marketing tool. It is a bit eyeopening to see the potential issues with even this basic task. Just my opinoin and constructive criticism. I wouldnt join a kickstarter but would gladly pay for a quality classy herb pen . If in fact you have secured this name legally at this point then we can forget my comments and i will go back to my pizza

rizzo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
....and i will go back to my pizza

Too late. Mr. Hand just stepped in and confiscated your pizza and gave it out to the rest of the class. No harm in having a little pizza on OUR time, now is there?

fast-times-at-ridgemont-high-4.jpg

FWIW I'm betting that this pen will burn your herb.
:peace:

°k

The sound of vapor
One thing that bothers me is that they changed their name once and now they picked another name that is used by even more companies and products. Goggle grasshopper and see. I love the concept and hope it works out but the name you apply to your product is the most basic and most important marketing tool. It is a bit eyeopening to see the potential issues with even this basic task. Just my opinoin and constructive criticism. I wouldnt join a kickstarter but would gladly pay for a quality classy herb pen . If in fact you have secured this name legally at this point then we can forget my comments and i will go back to my pizza

Taken from their blog:

Dave says:
November 6, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Just wondering if you have secured this name ,if you goggle grasshopper There are various products using this name already. Dont repeat the same mistake

GrassHopper says:
November 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM
We have taken the professional precautions this time ;)

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Just wondering why you would think that it WILL combust ?

tia
I'll take that bet. You might want to consider that this pen will have electronic temperature control before you give me your money. :D
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm basing my "wager" on the past performances of those who have tried before. IMO current battery technology in not sufficient to allow for a true battery powered convection device in a small pen-like form.

Someday it will happen I'm sure. I just don't think our train goes all the way to that station just yet.

I might be wrong (I have been before). Congrats to GrassZenHopper in advance if I am.

:peace:

marduk

daydreamer
I'm skeptical too that it will actually work very well without finessing and frequent battery changes. But I don't think it will be one of those pens that burns up your herb.

On the subject of batteries... They posted another short video today showing how to change the battery and charge it. Looking good! (Except maybe for the mullet... I try to ignore it but I can't.) :|

Adobewan

@rizzo, welcome and I'l like to offer you something to consider...
Some people are gifted advertising people, some are gifted singers, some can play a mean bagpipe, but inventors/engineers, trying to create/market an unprecedented device, might not be the most mindful marketers or branding agents.
I'm for one, am ok with that, in this day and age as we watch big companies come in and swoop up the legal cannabis market(and they will, just like the dot.com boom), I'm rooting for every innovative person to strike out on their own and beat the big money to the big money.
There will be simple mistakes, huge ones at times, but if the "Grazenhoppen"("coined it!") delivers, this bump in the marketing will be a memory.
Hoping I'm not made to look naive now ZenPen :)

2clicker

Observer
love the charging ring. great stuff there. the only problem is that you may find that you need more than one charger. mini/micro usb would be great.

what about charging the cells in a charger and not the vape itself? are the normal li-ion cell chargers ok here? ive got a few laying around so that would be great.

promising stuff

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
The way Matt speaks reminds me a lot of the Teacher from 'Beavis and Butt-Head'..
LOL.. I can't help but make the connection.

ngbbs4b160da221ce8.jpg

:) :peace:

That charger is pretty slick.. The whole thing looks pretty slick actually..

@Zenpen, Do you have any estimations about the Latest you plan to have these in customers hands? assuming the IGG campaign goes well.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
remember that the key in this design was to maximize the use of the heat provided, so if they figured out how to retain the heat it might put less stress on the battery.

fingers crossed, let's hope.
the charger is tits IMHO.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Something else I just realized. Thus far, the debate about user-swappable versus built-in batteries assumed that an advantage of built-in batteries was the lack of need for an external battery charger, and units with swappable batteries conversely so.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a unit with swappable batteries and internal charging. As well as built-in pass-through capability! Truly the best of both worlds??

Only better thing I can think of would be to have an external multi-battery charger available as well, like @2click said.

I really hope this thing actually vaporizes well. Everything else about it looks so neat...

Last edited:

geraldus

I'm skeptical too that it will actually work very well without finessing and frequent battery changes. But I don't think it will be one of those pens that burns up your herb.

On the subject of batteries... They posted another short video today showing how to change the battery and charge it. Looking good! (Except maybe for the mullet... I try to ignore it but I can't.) :|

Can that USB be plugged into a wall charger/adapter?

honorface

vape weed; eat yogurt
Why would it not be able? geraldus.. I love how before the re branding everyone was all over this thing and then suddenly It is woe this and woe that.

honorface

vape weed; eat yogurt
Understandable but for a brand trying to build hype a forum like this that takes it glass half empty can ruin a company. Might as well glass half full until we have some real proof. I would hate to see us ruin the chances of a vape that could eventually be perfected into a great vape.

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
Agreedo. let's try and stay positive until they give us a reason to doubt them. These guys are trying to build something that the vape market is sorely missing right now IMO: a small, simple, durable convection pen vape for herbs, all wrapped up in a sleek attractive package with some really cool features like physical switches for power and temp, use while charging, etc. The only similar product in the pipeline I can think of is the cera mini, and judging from what I've heard it won't be anywhere near as small, plus who knows when that thing is coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom