The Grasshopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Clearly you haven't paid attention to VaporBlunt. I'm not sure @TherealVaporblunt has ever missed one.

this true... but if there is an issue with a model when they release it seems they just leave it out there and come out with a better model (i.e. pinnacle became the pinnacle pro pretty darn quickly) i am not knocking for that at all... just the way i see it

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
this true... but if there is an issue with a model when they release it seems they just leave it out there and come out with a better model (i.e. pinnacle became the pinnacle pro pretty darn quickly) i am not knocking for that at all... just the way i see it

Not a bad argument, as the GH team themselves said in August that they have an idea of GH 2.0 (VaporReviewBlog Podcast).

Of course, we have no idea what that would be: desktop, vape pen, oils only vape pen, ect., but it could be worth it to wait.

otis

#Support?
Can't wait till it arrives! :lol:
6uskC.png

otis,
Reactions: J.D.420

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I think TRVB has stated that due to copying issues they move on the the next product rather quickly & as paka has mentioned one of the very few that actually come out in time and most of the time have minor issues at launch or not many at all.
In this industry tech can move real fast, and faster when its being copied or reverse engineered so some try to stay ahead of the tech with new innovations.
This is just what I gathered from following that particular thread.

I always say this, but its a great time for vapers with all these new innovative devices popping up!!!! So many choices its great!!! & its only going to get better IMHO!!!Exciting year this 2014 is gonna be, I feel it!!!
Happy vaping !!!!
Good point, by the way!!!!!
#Support?
Can't wait till it arrives! :lol:
6uskC.png
Wow, Thats awesome!!
Congrats, "gooooood work young Grasshoppa"
Very cool info there!!!!

FC46

Hi all. Just joined the forum but am an old world-ly bugger who has at least read all of this overly long thread.

Never used a vaporizer but have been studying up hard on the tech and in particular the pen types and have settled on the GH (which appears to be the only one that is likely to come close to qualifying as a true vaporizer). Chomping at the bit to get one so i can blend in (at least sorta) with the e-cig crowd in a bogus show of giving up smoking (gonna try tobacco in it instead of the e-cig liquid nonsense) while also placating the demands of SWMBO who is also concerned about the health risks of my Smoking 3 or 8 a day the old fashioned way. Gotta moves with the times and be stealthily crafty eh!

Anyhoo! Seeing all of the understandable concerns expressed, I thought I would copy you the content of my email from Trevor at GH in response to my request to place and pay for now an order.
Hi FC46,

Thanks for the email. As of right now the only thing you can do is get on our wait list like you have. We past the point of being very inundated with orders awhile ago, haha. We hope to be able to open orders back up in Feb.

Thanks for your interest.

Trevor

On 1/22/14, 12:03 AM, FC46 wrote:
Hi Trevor & team,

Firstly I have to say, awesome stuff guys, job well done.

I missed the promotion and have registered my email addy on the waiting list, but as the site doesn't appear to be very interactive (can't find where or how to actually place an order) and I really, really want to be sure to get my order placed (and paid for) before you are inundated with orders. I would like to know what if any process is available to place and pay for an order for;
One plain titanium grasshopper,
One front end for oils,
One titanium case
Two two extra batteries.

Thank you and kind regards

I am a bit bummed out at the inability to even place an order but his response demonstrated a lack of eagerness to take unsecured money. That's a good sign, right?

I think they are legit and are just a bit more laid back than average. My only concern is the length of time that dude was drawing on the pen before he exhaled. Hell, I can't even hold my breath that long :lol:

gosaints420

Hi all. Just joined the forum but am an old world-ly bugger who has at least read all of this overly long thread.

Never used a vaporizer but have been studying up hard on the tech and in particular the pen types and have settled on the GH (which appears to be the only one that is likely to come close to qualifying as a true vaporizer). Chomping at the bit to get one so i can blend in (at least sorta) with the e-cig crowd in a bogus show of giving up smoking (gonna try tobacco in it instead of the e-cig liquid nonsense) while also placating the demands of SWMBO who is also concerned about the health risks of my Smoking 3 or 8 a day the old fashioned way. Gotta moves with the times and be stealthily crafty eh!

Anyhoo! Seeing all of the understandable concerns expressed, I thought I would copy you the content of my email from Trevor at GH in response to my request to place and pay for now an order.

I am a bit bummed out at the inability to even place an order but his response demonstrated a lack of eagerness to take unsecured money. That's a good sign, right?

I think they are legit and are just a bit more laid back than average. My only concern is the length of time that dude was drawing on the pen before he exhaled. Hell, I can't even hold my breath that long :lol:

How were you able to contact them? I've tried through Indigogo, PM on FC, and with there confirmation sheet and can't get a response even though I know they have been on hear since I sent my pm. I'm trying to change the shipping address on my order because I'm moving.

As far as peoples concerns if they were planing to rip people off I don't think the would have let there faces be seen all over the internet first.

FC46

How were you able to contact them? I've tried through Indigogo, PM on FC, and with there confirmation sheet and can't get a response even though I know they have been on hear since I sent my pm. I'm trying to change the shipping address on my order because I'm moving.

As far as peoples concerns if they were planing to rip people off I don't think the would have let there faces be seen all over the internet first.

I used trevor@grasshoppervape.com which is listed in their opening blurb on their Indigogo page.

YAW

zymos

If they were that close to shipping they'd take 5 min. and post something about them rolling off the assembly line or whatever.
Sorry to always be the pessimist, but they haven't even nailed down the ordering process yet, there's no way they are about to ship the product.

zymos,

axakal

i'd like to think that, but i'm not making myself crazy about the wait anyway. we got the whole february ahead and something always happens when it seems as if things are running too smoothly. :)

Must be getting closer to shipping because they've been so quiet lately.

Last edited:

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
If they were that close to shipping they'd take 5 min. and post something about them rolling off the assembly line or whatever.
Sorry to always be the pessimist, but they haven't even nailed down the ordering process yet, there's no way they are about to ship the product.

I appreciate the opinion but I am just trying to enlighten the brighter half of FC. Again, people think I'm playing spokesman here but really I just want the majority of newly developed devices to go smoothly. I wish them nothing but the best although it might not seem so due to their previous actions it would be better to assume that they are preparing for their launch to be ASAP with less hassling and of course zero-ing out the chances of failed units. Let's face it, if it was a hoax vaporizer then it would have been pulled off by now with word spreading fairly quick I assume. A so-called friend of mine once told me, "The best things come with patience." I believe that always regardless of him telling me because his ass got what he deserves (deducted wage) for not being a team player at work.

lwien

Dude c'mon quit busting my balls here. By brighter I meant those who are happy to wait patiently as opposed to zymos' approach. I wasn't trying to say anything else.

Ok, I'm gonna bust your balls again.

What you are implying is that those that wait patiently are "brighter" than those want to be kept informed about GH's progress, and THAT is just plain wrong. It very well could be argued that those who do NOT passively wait patiently are brighter, but in reality, being brighter has nothing to do with this.

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but passively waiting patiently is not something that I naturally do and painting those that are like me in a negative light like you did deserves to be "ball busted" a bit.

For me, I MUCH prefer Leiana's approach to keeping us all up to date on a vaporizer that has not yet hit the market, as she's doing in the Versa thread, but then again, I'm just a simple man who's not that bright. :rolleyes:

Guess we should just chalk it off to a bad choice of words, eh?

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Dude c'mon quit busting my balls here. By brighter I meant those who are happy to wait patiently as opposed to zymos' approach. I wasn't trying to say anything else.
Ok, I'm gonna bust your balls again.

What you are implying is that those that wait patiently are "brighter" than those want to be kept informed about GH's progress, and THAT is just plain wrong. It very well could be argued that those who do NOT passively wait patiently are brighter, but in reality, being brighter has nothing to do with this.

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but passively waiting patiently is not something that I naturally do and painting those that are like me in a negative light like you did deserves to be "ball busted" a bit.

For me, I MUCH prefer Leiana's approach to keeping us all up to date on a vaporizer that has not yet hit the market, as she's doing in the Versa thread, but then again, I'm just a simple man who's not that bright. :rolleyes:

All right you two, don't make me come over there.
no_smiley.gif
Please talk about the GH, not each other or the rest of the FC members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom