Discontinued The Grasshopper

TokesandJokes

what do you mean by this? i also changed from SS to Ti in my pre-order. order ID number didn't changed by doing so, nor did the estimate delivery date. confused... :suspicious:

@I.b.vaping that ticking sound is normal. many people have reopened that. maybe because of this sound it is called a GrassHopper?

Well the estimated delivery date, even according to HL, is just a point that they hope they can make delivery. It's fluid and ambiguous so they can delay if something changes on their line. I doubt changing your order would change your estimate but it may affect you place in line regardless of order number.

I have seen more pre orders ship (based on FC members and other sites) that are titanium to the point where people who order Titanium on a later date are getting it sent faster than someone who ordered stainless steel a week before them. Knowing Hopper Labs this anomaly could change to adjust how they deliver the titanium in the future if they hit a snag. I just personally don't think order number is indicative to the exact order they ship out their product. Vaperist I'm not sure why your confused? I believe you have a similar opinion as you stated as much as recently as Sunday on the Grasshopper shipping thread.

Last edited:
TokesandJokes,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Another successful trip w/ the GH.

Flew to Colorado and packed it in my carry-on with some extra batteries. Not one questioning eye at security :brow: I was able to place it in my laptop bag in one of the pen holders, next to my Apple Pencil, my sketching pencil and a regular ballpoint. Doesn't get much more stealth than that. I did clean the MP w/ an ISO soak, and I used a Q-tip to wipe out the chamber while it was still hot from my last session. Works pretty well.

On the mountain at Keystone, the Hopper really did shine with the ability to not have to grind at all. The ski lifts were so much more enjoyable with flower instead of wax or oil, as I don't want to get too blasted before I hurl myself down a mountain. I didn't want to burn through the batteries and leave them dead all day, so I brought my power bank and charged the Hopper in my backpack during each run, and was able to keep one battery alive most of the day.

Justpassedu

New update -
Hey Everyone,

February was a great month here at Hopper Labs. We completed fulfillment of the Grasshoppers promised during our indiegogo campaign and made solid progress on shipping pre-orders. We are now working hard to get all the remaining outstanding units delivered as soon as possible.

We are currently in the middle of running the largest production batch of Grasshopper parts ever. Close to half a million individual components are being manufactured and assembled into units. We are once again adding members to our staff and streamlining the assembly process, so we can deliver these units to you quickly.

When we arrive at your spot in the pre-order line, we will send an email asking you to confirm your shipping address. You must confirm your shipping address before we will send your unit out. Once your address is confirmed, your Grasshopper will normally ship within a few business days.
When you receive your unit:

Every Grasshopper purchased as a pre-order comes with two identifying numbers, its ID Code and Serial Number. You will need both of these codes to register your unit and to receive warranty service. Grasshopper registration will go live on our website within a few weeks. If you need service before then contact service@grasshoppervape.comand provide both identifiers. All indiegogo units will be automatically registered to the contributor's account.

We look forward to delivering everyone's Grasshoppers and will be sending another email update further in March.

The Grasshopper Team

Volteric

Has anyone experienced or commented on the device getting way hotter than when they first got the unit. I'm telling you my heater is f-ing hot as f to touch. How or why does that happen over time and is it going to explode in my face? :-)

Volteric,
Reactions: Thcgos

Vaperist

Has anyone experienced or commented on the device getting way hotter than when they first got the unit. I'm telling you my heater is f-ing hot as f to touch. How or why does that happen over time and is it going to explode in my face? :-)
more heat make a better rips! :tup:

i don't know if it is case with Hopper, but one of my Solos (China fake product) have a fucked up heat sensor from a extensive use, i suppose. now temperature 3 is as hot as temperature 7 used to be at the beginning. and i get combustion if going over temp 5 on it.

i bet that your heat sensor is getting glitches. what else could it be? heat isolation material can't degrade, can it?

@sag it is a Hydrotube for EVO. too big and clumsy that one. i suggest this>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-Flow-A...442149?hash=item3aac288e25:g:UuoAAOSwEgVWTbYi
EasyFlow glass is quite expensive. but there are cheaper and practically the same bubblers like this one out there. AquaVape products being one of them. also a china-glass is available.

Last edited:
Vaperist,
Reactions: Volteric

osolx26

Hows your tolerance since you got it? If your tolerance went up and you're taking a lot more rips now, the units going to be getting a lot hotter, especially if you don't turn it off in between hits.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
Another successful trip w/ the GH.

Flew to Colorado and packed it in my carry-on with some extra batteries. Not one questioning eye at security :brow: I was able to place it in my laptop bag in one of the pen holders, next to my Apple Pencil, my sketching pencil and a regular ballpoint. Doesn't get much more stealth than that. I did clean the MP w/ an ISO soak, and I used a Q-tip to wipe out the chamber while it was still hot from my last session. Works pretty well.

On the mountain at Keystone, the Hopper really did shine with the ability to not have to grind at all. The ski lifts were so much more enjoyable with flower instead of wax or oil, as I don't want to get too blasted before I hurl myself down a mountain. I didn't want to burn through the batteries and leave them dead all day, so I brought my power bank and charged the Hopper in my backpack during each run, and was able to keep one battery alive most of the day.

Hope you enjoyed your time in my state! And yeah the GH is awesome for the chair lift!

AgentXero

Hope you enjoyed your time in my state! And yeah the GH is awesome for the chair lift!

The grasshopper seems IDEAL for the chair lift! Wish I had mine for this season, even though the winter weather this year was god awful on the east cost.

AgentXero,
Reactions: slcbdco

TokesandJokes

I wanted to share some info just in case anyone ran into a similar issue as me. I have a pre-order, but was able to get a GH through another source. I placed an order for accessories (Leather sleeve, batteries and an extra mouth piece) and I sent an email to Caroline to confirm shipping price as it didn't let me select it when I made the purchase. The system saw I had an active preorder and connected both orders and merged them. Caroline was great and sent me a new invoice for shipping ($7) and the order will ship out now. So be aware if you have an existing pre-order it will assume any accessories purchase is tied to that and it won't ship.

Last edited:

Thcgos

Vape Addict
This is courtesy of @SneakyPeteVaporizers instagram post that I thought was too funny not to share.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCbzvEOHaVR/

Subliminal advertising? Lol
IFaYelF.jpg

Thanks @SneakyPeteVaporizers for the laugh.

Gregori

CannaBoss
Just one opinion from someone who mostly uses the GH as a one hitter on temp 4: hot lips, not even an issue. Hot throat and lungs- definitely. You can mitigate that somewhat by breaking up a hit with sips of fresh air, but if I'm using it at home, I prefer going through water. I just have a little hammer type bubbler, and it makes a huge difference. With the condom, the GH seals on it just fine.

Couldn't agree more. No issue for hot lips (as long as you are careful). But damn! What a dry throat that gives me!
I just got myself a Bottle Rocket from Magic-Flight and that thing rocks! The GH fit nicely and less problem with dry mouth.

As I've no glass/bubbler (yet), those are the best 30€ ever spent. And no problem with stealth as it is really tiny and requires only a small bottle.

Vaperist

Couldn't agree more. No issue for hot lips (as long as you are careful). But damn! What a dry throat that gives me!
I just got myself a Bottle Rocket from Magic-Flight and that thing rocks! The GH fit nicely and less problem with dry mouth.

As I've no glass/bubbler (yet), those are the best 30€ ever spent. And no problem with stealth as it is really tiny and requires only a small bottle.

check this one! a small flavor saver. Black Leaf Double HoneyComb bong. i think that is a very good glass for a price like that. and that is a product of a well known producer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161675156497?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

i bought it few moths ago and this one is my daily driver since. i like small pieces. because big ones fill your lungs half full with clean air. before a vapor is starting to come in. and also it is very easy to keep it clean as it doesn't require a much of ISO to get a job done.

Last edited:
Vaperist,
Reactions: Gregori

Bass Vaper

"hot lips".... Reminds me of M*A*S*H.

When the Hopper is good its great. I still seem to find it pretty inconsistent. Some sessions it's great (good hits, good impact), others not so much. This new one still has a hot back end but has performed solidly for a week now.

Practice makes perfect.

McQuack

check this one! a small flavor saver. Black Leaf Double HoneyComb bong. i think that is a very good glass for a price like that. and that is a product of a well known producer.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161675156497?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
You might think that Near Dark (= Blaze Glass, Black Leaf, ...) is German quality,
but it's all produced in china:
It's nothing bad about it: I mainly have Chinese glass pieces from dhgate.
But a lot of people don't expect it when buying from big "local" manufacturers.

Sorry for that off-topic stuff...

McQuack,
Reactions: poonman

thegoo

Damn, 2 hours later and still available. I'm pretty surprised actually. These are only like $295 US which is a damn good deal for being able to skip the line.

I just joined the crew! I have been lurking this thread since the beg. of the IGG campaign but have stayed on the sidelines until now.
VAS + Impulse control issues + Vapefiend = Hopper filled weekend for me
I will report back as soon as I have something to say on this (hopefully) sweet vape

FYI: There are now only 2 TI hoppers left on Vapefiends website

Edit: WHOOOA! I placed my order with Vapefiend and it was dispatched within 20 minutes. I got my shipping email on my phone before I got my order confirmation. This is my first experience with Vapefiend and I have to say I am seriously impressed. THANK YOU VAPEFIEND

Last edited:

osolx26

I've had my warranty replacement body for a week or so now and I've gotten to use it a few times and just thought I'd share my thoughts.

1. I no longer use it as my daily driver. That honor has fallen on my recent da buddha purchase.

2. It seems to me like this new body takes quite a bit longer than the old one to heat up. I generally vape on 3-3.5 (But I don't with this one, explained below) and it takes 10 seconds to heat up fully at that temp, where as the old one was at the desired heat in maybe half that time. The heat up time is still great, it's just not what it's supposed to be.

3. This new body seems to have quite a bit more draw resistance.

4. I don't think the heater is working properly. I have it turned all the way up to 5, I'm packing it exactly the same way I always did (that resulted in amazing vapor and clouds at lower temps) and I get...next to nothing. I have to try significantly harder than with my first grasshopper to get any real clouds. I'm sure if I try using it with a water pipe I'll finally get the clouds I want but I'm not going to do that since I'm pretty sure that's what broke it in the first place.

Conclusion:

While it's a great vaporizer in terms of stealth, as it is right now it can't be someone's daily vaporizer if they're actually looking for great vapor quality and flavor. As others have said, the vapor gets quite hot and uncomfortable. I don't know if my brand new warranty replacement body is malfunctioning or if this is just the new standard for the Grasshoppers, but I'll be putting mine away and only bringing it out if the situation calls for a stealthy, on demand vape. If I'm at home, I'll be using my da buddha or my OG Pax through a water pipe. Maybe I'll spring for a firefly 2 after my busy season, but the whole thing about having to use a smartphone app to change the heat settings is quite a bit of a turn off for me. I was so happy with this thing when I first got it but I can't honestly say I'm anything but disappointed with it now.

Top Bottom