Discontinued The Grasshopper

MoltenTiger

exactly. thanks for your insights friend (in this post, and all of your others in this thread)

I will save my pennies on a more wise purchase... like the HBC :haw:

It looks like I am already equipped for the task

IMG_20191124_012258.jpg
No problem, cheers :)

Not able to load that image it seems, but I always recommend the Xtar MC2 for charging hopper cells.

Especially with the recent abundance of cation floating around, this particular charger has excellent overcharge protection and should reduce any risk to the greatest degree.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
No problem, cheers :)

Not able to load that image it seems, but I always recommend the Xtar MC2 for charging hopper cells.

Especially with the recent abundance of cation floating around, this particular charger has excellent overcharge protection and should reduce any risk to the greatest degree.

IMG-20191124-012258.jpg

there's a reup of the pic at a different source :spliff::spliff::spliff:

ironically, I picked that exact charger up as a "cheapo, small footprint" charger, when I was purchasing my FW6 a few weeks back.:cheers:

Really looking forward to the USB-C of HBC... that, in addition to the @maxvapor710 PA will be something of a dream

MoltenTiger

IMG-20191124-012258.jpg

there's a reup of the pic at a different source :spliff::spliff::spliff:

ironically, I picked that exact charger up as a "cheapo, small footprint" charger, when I was purchasing my FW6 a few weeks back.:cheers:

Really looking forward to the USB-C of HBC... that, in addition to the @maxvapor710 PA will be something of a dream
Amazing :D

The Sapphire dish really contrasts nicely with the Green flower.

All in all, this is the set up to aspire too. I'm even loving that vintage 2019 WS. You've truly got all bases covered in the best of manners :cheers:

PS I missed a key part of the question before, RE: unloading, the Arizer SS Stirring Tool is a personal favourite:
air-005-sst-arizer-air-stainless-steel-stirring-tool-1.442_large.jpg

But this just reminded me, @Hopper Labs, you should resell something like this^

I'd also look into a good brush, the MFLB brush is my go-to, I hear good things about the S&B brush too, but really, buying a commercial qty is going to be a good way to get a quick buck.
I have a heap of stokers and a couple of brushes - there's always something to be said about the right tool for the job, quality speaks for itself and doesn't necessarily add to the initial costs

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

What is everyone's preferred way to load/unload their 'hopper?

I rely on tools from @Ratchett. His stand is a must have. And I use his mini scoop and poke that was designed for the gh narrow oven. But I’m tempted to give his gh funnel a try...

Edit - I’ll add that if you’re looking for quality tools, I suggest you check out @RogueGuy. He has a thread at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-rogue-wax-works.40814/

He has the best stuff (and very reasonably priced too) and another super nice guy.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I rely on tools from @Ratchett. His stand is a must have. And I use his mini scoop and poke that was designed for the gh narrow oven. But I’m tempted to give his gh funnel a try...
The funnel is a "must have" accessory IMHO (although I've never tried one of the Hopper Feeders that people talk about ... I've always used the Delta3D funnel :) )

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I just load by hand. Plain and simple. Yep, no funnel or scoop. Very minimalistic as long as my hands aren’t too dirty using the crook between the thumb and index finger as the funnel (and yes I’ll try to wash them before loading of course not always possible but I factor that in - to keep it simple).:peace:

david8613

I used my grasshopper last night for the first time last night first time. What temperature are you guys running?

david8613,

david8613

Ok I need a couple of tip, I ran it 11/2 to 2 and wasn't getting much flavor then I just went to 5 and cached the the bowl pretty quick. I want it to last a little longer.

david8613,

Mr. Me2

Oki doki, and how long should I draw? Draw slow fast?
The gh manual states:

Other vapes require a slow and steady draw that lasts between 30 and 90 seconds. This type of draw is not ideal for the Grasshopper. The Grasshopper comes equipped with a very powerful 45-watt heater, a microcontroller to monitor temperature in real-time and a very short vapor path. Its design allows for quick and easy vaporization. Your draw should be faster than with other vapes and last 15-20 seconds. Near the end of your draw, click the device off to allow for all the vapor and warm air to be cleared from the chamber.

I agree on the hard(er) draw. Duration is trial and error. Have fun!

Last edited:

slozukimc

The gh manual states:

Other vapes require a slow and steady draw that lasts between 30 and 90 seconds. This type of draw is not ideal for the Grasshopper. The Grasshopper comes equipped with a very powerful 45-watt heater, a microcontroller to monitor temperature in real-time and a very short vapor path. Its design allows for quick and easy vaporization. Your draw should be faster than with other vapes and last 15-20 seconds. Near the end of your draw, click the device off to allow for all the vapor and warm air to be cleared from the chamber.

I agree on the hard(er) draw. Duration is trial and error. Have fun!
I find that if you want a big and quick rip set it on a bit over 4, draw quite hard until you feel heat on your lips(about 6 seconds), click the button off and keep drawing for another 6 seconds. This technique will make a giant hit every time and make batteries last a lot longer.

JeffD

Better Business Bureau complaints:

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/boulder/p...grasshopper-labs-llc-0885-90245195/complaints

I also got burned (ahem): nov 11 was "okay we'll ship it"
no tracking no nada

I don't think we'll ever get our units back. I've emailed and replied on the warranty board, trying to get my tracking number for the "shipped out" unit that hasn't arrived in two weeks. No response.

https://www.bbb.org/us/co/boulder/p...grasshopper-labs-llc-0885-90245195/complaints

Last edited by a moderator:

freshly baked

Fire? Karma's a bitch. I guess my unit that's been in warranty since 2017 was destroyed...good thing I moved on to dynavap over a year ago... never looking back or being more happy... after reporting hopper vapes to the BBB. Found out they already had an F rating without my help. Yep... karma's a bitch. Even failed at burning their own building down.... Goodbye hopper vapes..RIP... you will not be missed.
End rant

Last edited:

Heddgyhoggy

Hi All, recently I’ve noticed my GH is getting weaker. The ABV is golden color and even on temp 5 I cannot reach the good extraction. Any solution for such issue?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I ha

I have to get one of those. I hope I will be able to use my Hopper again soon. CHS sucks ass.
I bought one of the loaders and did liked the clever design and 3-d printed aspect. When all was good, it was nice and handy, no muss/no fuss and all that. But I found that it eventually required somewhat more cleaning than the brush would take care of. They suggest you clean it every couple of fillings. It can become problematic if not clear & clean, and I did not have quite enough patience for it, I guess. By problematic, I mean your weed winding up spilling or maybe hopper getting-over stuffed and that being cause of a jam. After several cycles of like/frustration with it, I was relieved when it broke and I was able to let it go easily.

Top Bottom