Discontinued The Grasshopper

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
been trying to document the capacity of my batteries over the last two weeks

just took a piece of masking tape and folded it leaving a bit of it exposed to stick to each battery after each charge
then I would just write down in tiny letters the amount my charge gave me after recharging them

of course this is farrrrrrr from accurate but helped weed out shitty batteries (pun intended)

but this time I decide to write down at least 10x charge cycles and always turn hopper to lowest setting and drain the battery to get them bit more equal, I would leave the masking type piece of the one I was using on the charger, also yes cleaning any sticky residue off before use

put the weird part is that maybe half of my shitty batteries have gone from holding only 200-300 mAh to 600-700 mAh and feeling like new again :hmm: like been nearly only using it in my living room with not that much temperature difference so hopper doing about the same thing every-time .. not cleaned threads either to that always improves it slightly

though they maybe they dont seam to hold charge as good and even shorter lived session ? (not confirmend)

well reading this longggggggggggg ass thing about batteries to learn what is good and bad made me give up on trying to keep them healthy for the longest because it was like ... good bad good bad good bad good bad
giphy.gif

basically they hate heat ... but like to be discharged often ... but have no charge memory so can go pretty low ... but dont keep them fully charged for long ... they can last for long if kept at lower voltage ... but dont work as good in the hopper
Also seams like they are mostly just talking about mobile phone batteries that seam to live pretty easy lives compered to what we are up to

I get about a year out of my batteries though quality is different on each but some have been great for 2 years and other sucked after 3 months .. but then also some of come back to life like I mentioned in the start of this extremely long rant about batteries .. or not rant ... science speak .. to people .. speak

because I have been doing SCIENCE ! :science: and been waiting 2 weeks to announce my finding that turned out to just be horse water (is that a saying?) or like random as fuck

also would kind of need someone ELSE to either write and document the finding or vape the damn bud because doing both is challenging :haw:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

https://www.grasshoppervape.com/blog/grasshopper-batteries/

P.S I literally 99% of the time cycle my batteries 1 to 4 every single time so they have all gotten pretty much the same amount of use, but when I buy new batteries (4x at time) I throw 2 shitty old ones and save 2 new ones for half a years time (about)

okey now I finished like a hopper thread post limit for a month :clap: that is enough out of me for a while :tup:

Poostuff

Please delete
I had to order one of those chargers they look absolutely fantastic but with the 35% off like an idiot I ended up ordering a blue titanium while I was at it. Maybe I won’t vape with this one & I’ll just use it to write shopping lists instead.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had to order one of those chargers they look absolutely fantastic but with the 35% off like an idiot I ended up ordering a blue titanium while I was at it. Maybe I won’t vape with this one & I’ll just use it to write shopping lists instead.
Maybe a new accessory should be the Ink Front End.
I may be just as foolish as you.
Just ordered not one, but TWO SS cases (and a SS PFE, so Hopper #2 isn't jealous of #1 who already has one...).
The 'good' news is that products can be fully refunded at any time up to 20 days (if unused) after receiving them. Buyers with remorse have options... If, say, the cases really suck or if they take another year, I can get a refund. I once canceled an unfulfilled leather sleeve order and my money was quickly refunded.
This sale is just such a sweet deal, and the cases do look like they could be pretty nice.

MoltenTiger

I'm doubtful the cases will fit the PFE. Hopefully they do as I only ever use the PFE.
I wasn't sure about the case, seems a bit hefty and unnecessary. But I bet the magnetic cap is nice. I guess worst case the PFE could stick on.

I opted for a BC. I've just geared up with a bunch of USB C cables and power packs for my phone, so with that and the epic discount I caved in :p

I got to use a hopper last night with an old silver fumed banger hanger I got a long time ago. Quite a decent set up actually, I never got to use it with the PFE as it didn't exist before I gave it away.
A bunch of chambers went down very well with a Boags Red, got me as keen as ever to get mine back.

@Hjalmark nice battery write up, seems to match my experience. The battery draw is really dependant on the state of the Grasshopper, but I found old batteries can sometimes have some hidden life in them too

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Glad this sale is finally ending. I keep ordering stuff from HL and justifying it by saying "I'm going buy it eventually anyway so I might as well get it at 35% off." :lol:

So far (all separately :doh:) I've ordered a Blue Ti, Blue PFE, SS case, and battery charger.

Oh well. When I finally get it all in come ~2020 I'm sure it will be worth it.

Cherry Pie Grasshopper rip:
1P3NKyx.jpg

Last edited:

JoeMama

Has anyone whose Hopper is in for repair or who ordered more than 2 weeks ago received any shipping confirmations yet?

Nope either. Have a Ti in since before Christmas.

As a customer presently in a PayPal Dispute with a manufacturer, I could not agree more. IMO based on all of my experiences, customer service to me is even MORE important than the device. I'm tired of wasting my hard earned cash and being treated like I don't matter, when i'm the very reason they exist.

Don't support manufacturers that don't support you. :2c:

I'm sorry, I just had to....

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm doubtful the cases will fit the PFE. Hopefully they do as I only ever use the PFE.
I do hope that Hopper w/pfe fits in the case, and I hope that the case actually gets produced in a timely manner.
Murphy's Law says the Hopper with pfe WILL fit in the case, but it will put pressure on the button and cause the Hopper to turn on, vape the load and drain the battery. :bang:

I like that the case will keep 2 extra batteries and 4 or 5 loadings' worth of herb all in on carry device. I decided that the only way to know best is to have one in hand, then make a final call whether to keep or not; I did double check the return policy.

This outfit (HL) does not run a very tight ship. I just checked and the discount code is still in effect!

Last edited:

snaffle

If you have 18mm glass grab a teflon reducer. That won't be so clean for long otherwise

It's a pity, my Ti PFE definitely has marks from the glass joint it goes into. But I'd rather have all metal/glass, so I'm happy enough to live with it like that. Plus, more moving parts, even just a simple thing to keep the metal from getting marked, is more hassle, and I like how simple my setup is at the moment. Still, I (naively) didn't expect Ti to be marked by ground glass. Shows what little I know.

manujoe

I upgraded my ss order to a Blue ti and asked Olivia when it might ship and this was her response 3 minutes ago

Thank you Joe,
I will make that upgrade on your account.
Currently, we've just completed a lab upgrade and have resumed production and shipping. We do however have a bit of catch up to do with our shipping queue. For that reason I cannot offer you a definitive date for shipping, my apologies.
Kind regards,
Olivia

ben7337

Does anyone believe they are actually shipping anything at this time? I mean all the sites with forums or threads to discuss this vape and not one person last week or this week thus far has come back with any sort of proof of shipment. I know HL can be questionable pretty often, but usually we always had some sort of shipments going when they said they were going or saw some sort of progress, whereas the last what, 4-5 months now it's just been upgrades and delays and nothing shipping at all, now they claim they are shipping but haven't shown an ounce of proof for this claim, and it's coming up on a week soon without anyone seeing anything, is anyone else a bit concerned?

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Does anyone believe they are actually shipping anything at this time? I mean all the sites with forums or threads to discuss this vape and not one person last week or this week thus far has come back with any sort of proof of shipment. I know HL can be questionable pretty often, but usually we always had some sort of shipments going when they said they were going or saw some sort of progress, whereas the last what, 4-5 months now it's just been upgrades and delays and nothing shipping at all, now they claim they are shipping but haven't shown an ounce of proof for this claim, and it's coming up on a week soon without anyone seeing anything, is anyone else a bit concerned?
No hopper, but I received a blue Ti PFE yesterday that was ordered during the 35% off sale (that I think is still going on even though it was supposed to end Sunday.)

I don't believe they've shipped any hoppers yet though. Or if they have maybe one or two. Between here, VL, and reddit there's almost no way we wouldn't have seen someone talking about their hopper finally shipping.

TheWhisper

No hopper, but I received a blue Ti PFE yesterday that was ordered during the 35% off sale (that I think is still going on even though it was supposed to end Sunday.)

I don't believe they've shipped any hoppers yet though. Or if they have maybe one or two. Between here, VL, and reddit there's almost no way we wouldn't have seen someone talking about their hopper finally shipping.

Honestly, people said the same thing when GHL announced that backer Hoppers were shipping...and then we started getting them.

Top Bottom