Discontinued The Grasshopper

ChooChooCharlie

Hope my hoppers keep on hopping. Don't know how I could efficiently start the day without a grasshopper. Have established a morning routine of hitting it before showering. Don't have the time for a Mighty session because my coffee is waiting:

o3rVlfem.jpg

No time to waste. Must prepare capsules for the remainder of the morning. I'm a busy guy. A vape in time saves nine (minutes).

Hoey420

Yeah! Dynavap is one of the top vape company that's why i own a vapcap, vapcap s, ti woody, the "M", omnivap and another "M" just turned up today dued to 4/20 sale lol

I also own vapir no2, elevape smart, mflb BUT grasshoppers are the vaperizers that I love to use most of the times :peace:

Edit: I've have one RMA each with my ti and ss and Caroline is still sweet :)

Last edited:

biohacker

It is an amazing time to be a enthusiaist. There are many quality vapes on the market.

Agreed, and unlike some people that think that they all break, that is simply bullshit IMO. I've mentioned it a bunch of times, but i've owned over 100 vapes in the past decade, and not a single RMA. I guess I must have a horseshoe up my almighty bunghole, well except for the GH ofcourse!

GOOD customer service can make up for a flakey product. Everyone's definition of GOOD varies though, especially by experience.

ooo

I ordered the Ti FPE over two weeks ago (April 18) and just got shipping confirmation today, so I should have it Monday.

that's when i ordered mine and i just got the shipping confirmation a minute ago. can't wait to try this thing out.

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Been reading, but haven't posted for quite a while. Finally bit the bullet and got a ss hopper during the 420 sale, received today, knowing full well what I'm in for. After 2 aborted purchases I decided to roll the die and hopefully not get snake eyes. Also have many backups if or should I say when it comes time to rma. Anyways, until I get my xtar and .5a charger I'm stuck using the magnetic USB with normal charger. My question I have is it fully charged when flashing blue or goes it need to be solid blue? I'll periodically update my usage and experience going forward.

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Thanks @duff. @Vitolo, I'll be in touch with you in the next few days to go over what you feel would benefit most.

So, just had my first hopper experience and have to say that it hits hard. Using hand shredded, just slightly moist flowers on setting 4, I started the first half of the session with the normal mouth piece feeling the heat and knowing it was working. But when I exhaled, I was shocked at the thick cloud that bellowed forth, as I wasn't expecting since I was using slightly moist flower. The second half of the session I switched over to the pfe which at the moment I prefer.

The only con for now is it's not the easiest to load and empy, especially since I don't want to tap it as I could the stem from my air. Also the air tastes better, but that's glass vs steel. Doesn't taste bad though and am sure the taste will improve with a pinnacle water pipe.

At the moment, I'm pretty happy and hopefully will stay that way, for a few months at the least.

Will keep on periodically posting. And asking questions

Last edited:

biohacker

Also the air tastes better, but that's glass vs steel. Doesn't taste bad though and am sure the taste will improve with a pinnacle water pipe.

Interesting to think that a conduction vape like the Arizer Air tastes better than the convection GH? :shrug:

A water pipe actually doesn't really improve flavour, in fact it reduces flavour by stripping some terpenes. It sounds like your GH is producing some flavours that you don't like? Perhaps experiment more with your grind?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Interesting to think that a conduction vape like the Arizer Air tastes better than the convection GH? :shrug:

A water pipe actually doesn't really improve flavour, in fact it reduces flavour by stripping some terpenes. It sounds like your GH is producing some flavours that you don't like? Perhaps experiment more with your grind?

I'd just give it a little time and a few more sessions to bed in.

Thanks @duff. @Vitolo, I'll be in touch with you in the next few days to go over what you feel would benefit most.

So, just had my first hopper experience and have to say that it hits hard. Using hand shredded, just slightly moist flowers on setting 4, I started the first half of the session with the normal mouth piece feeling the heat and knowing it was working. But when I exhaled, I was shocked at the thick cloud that bellowed forth, as I wasn't expecting since I was using slightly moist flower. The second half of the session I switched over to the pfe which at the moment I prefer.

The only con for now is it's not the easiest to load and empy, especially since I don't want to tap it as I could the stem from my air. Also the air tastes better, but that's glass vs steel. Doesn't taste bad though and am sure the taste will improve with a pinnacle water pipe.

At the moment, I'm pretty happy and hopefully will stay that way, for a few months at the least.

Will keep on periodically posting. And asking questions

Did you to a quick pre flight ISO clean of the MP before use? There could have been a small amount of manufacturing residue that affected your flavour.

The WT will definitely reduce flavour but it adds the ability to take huge draws that will floor you.

biohacker

You make good points @GreenHopper , perhaps it needs a pre-clean from manufacturing. However one thing that floored me right away was the GH flavour! Because I was coming from the Mighty and Crafty, and I can detect foul taste at higher temps right off the hop. With the GH, it's just pure terpene goodness, although a couple of GH's I had almost were "too high temp" on max, and tasted kinda funky and the ABV illustrated this. Again, all of mine worked somewhat differently in terms of temp calibration. When people only own 1, it's difficult to tell, but after owning multiples when you have comparables it's pretty easy.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
You make good points @GreenHopper , perhaps it needs a pre-clean from manufacturing. However one thing that floored me right away was the GH flavour! Because I was coming from the Mighty and Crafty, and I can detect foul taste at higher temps right off the hop. With the GH, it's just pure terpene goodness, although a couple of GH's I had almost were "too high temp" on max, and tasted kinda funky and the ABV illustrated this. Again, all of mine worked somewhat differently in terms of temp calibration. When people only own 1, it's difficult to tell, but after owning multiples when you have comparables it's pretty easy.

Completely agree, each Hopper has a slightly different profile.

My Green Ti is just not in the same league as my Purple Ti. The SS's my friends have are quite similar, I've not noticed much deviation in regards to performance or flavour from those ones.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

So after 10 months of light use ( 3X a day 5 days a week) . I finally had to send my Ti to the HOPSPITAL for its first RMA.

It worked flawlessly for the first 8 months. Then started to go downhill after that. Cop lights, straight to blue, the usual signs of failure. But i never had the backend ever get hot.

I was doing the HOPPER DANCE or the HOPPER HOP as i like to call it. Cleaning threads, clicking on and off, spinning the clicker etc...Just to get it to work for the last 2 months. Then it started to combust the material no matter what tick mark it was on.

If it didn't start tasting like a just licked an ashtray. I probably would of kept doing the HOPPER HOP DANCE so not to send it in.

Mailed it Thursday in a 2 day small flat rate USPS box from NY. That will arrive today for $7.15.

I would hope to get back by the end of next week. But who knows with them.

I'm thinking about adding the TI PFE and some new batteries to my return order. But if the PFE slows down the return of my hopper, then i will pass on it for now.

almost there

So after 10 months of light use ( 3X a day 5 days a week) . I finally had to send my Ti to the HOPSPITAL for its first RMA.

It worked flawlessly for the first 8 months. Then started to go downhill after that. Cop lights, straight to blue, the usual signs of failure. But i never had the backend ever get hot.

I was doing the HOPPER DANCE or the HOPPER HOP as i like to call it. Cleaning threads, clicking on and off, spinning the clicker etc...Just to get it to work for the last 2 months. Then it started to combust the material no matter what tick mark it was on.

If it didn't start tasting like a just licked an ashtray. I probably would of kept doing the HOPPER HOP DANCE so not to send it in.

Mailed it Thursday in a 2 day small flat rate USPS box from NY. That will arrive today for $7.15.

I would hope to get back by the end of next week. But who knows with them.

I'm thinking about adding the TI PFE and some new batteries to my return order. But if the PFE slows down the return of my hopper, then i will pass on it for now.
they sent my PFE separate when I sent the hopper in for RMA so you should be ok but who can guess. My experience was I received the PFE 3 days before my hopper got back

ArthurJ

My Ti PFE arrived ahead of schedule!
It is a little different from the SS version.
It is not the best photo, the SS on the right (and yes in need of a cleaning, has a silicone (I'm guessing) gasket or ring or something, just like the stock mouthpiece, on the inside by the screen.
The Ti one, maybe a little clearer, has,a metal ring (Ti too I would guess) holding the screen in place.

I've been happy with the SS PFE, I stopped using the stock mouthpiece, so I'm looking to having the Ti mouthpiece for my Ti unit.

I'm fixin to fire it up here in a minute!

GRo4Z5Z.jpg

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Grasshopper Mail

header.jpg

Hopper Labs April Update

Thanks for checking in on Hopper Labs. Here is what is happening.

Summary and Current News:

April News:

The Performance Front-end is back in stock after our first production sold out in just a couple of weeks. We expected a healthy demand for the PFE, but the reception was even better. The reduced draw resistance and compatibility with water pipes is game changing for power users. During Hopper Labs testing we found that these features allowed for faster and more effective extraction. Also, we added a Titanium version which is 40% lighter, more durable and scratch resistant. It is quite a large chunk of Ti and pretty awesome. Titanium is our favorite material to work with as it is biocompatible, lightweight and looks great.

April also brought more assembly and reliably improvements. We are continuously tweaking parts and making adjustments to improve the Grasshopper. Last month we scaled up PCB production switching to a panel size ten times larger allowing for more inspection time, greater PCB reliability and increased throughput. This change enables in-pannel programming and testing of every PCB individually, adding another quality control layer. See a quick clip of panel testing in this video.

Hopper Labs has launched a new YouTube channel and is publishing videos weekly. Find everything from tips and tricks to assembly processes and testing. Let us know what you want to see in the comments of any of our videos! Finally, Hopper Labs introduced same day shipping for domestic orders placed before 2 pm on weekdays.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Thoroughly enjoyed my GH last night with the Pinnacle micro shower tube from VaporBlunt. Having no problems so far. Eventually plan to get a new front end, more durable and less apt to scratch. I have no problem with any draw resistance.

I use mine in the evenings mostly with water. I probably have a few of five min sessions. It doesn't get too hot at all. Still keeping my fingers crossed. I've been very happy with the batteries that I recently bought. I can't compare them to the older ones because I've only had mine 6 weeks or so.

biohacker

• More assembly and reliability improvements added.
  • Switched to larger PCB panel size for faster and more robust production.

April also brought more assembly and reliably improvements. We are continuously tweaking parts and making adjustments to improve the Grasshopper. Last month we scaled up PCB production switching to a panel size ten times larger allowing for more inspection time, greater PCB reliability and increased throughput. This change enables in-pannel programming and testing of every PCB individually, adding another quality control layer.

:o Dare I take the plunge again? :brow: Or just more damage control/marketing ? Surely @JCat GH's were put under the microscope during RMA?

Also, we added a Titanium version which is 40% lighter, more durable and scratch resistant.

Scratch resistant? :shrug: I guess there is a difference between scratch resistant and scratch proof? :lol:

Top Bottom