Discontinued The Grasshopper

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I think @biohacker just gave an answer to the question from @Astedra regarding an alternative to the Hopper!?

IMO its reasonable to show up alternatives in some ways to the Hopper aside the hybris-like glorification of the Hopper.

Regarding stealthiness, versatility, measures, design in its own way and overall performance there is none IMO. But for sure there are pretty good devices which are on the same level or better in desktop use OR as a portable. Why not call them when asked for?

My Hopper is working since 3 months. Hot backend up from the beginning - am a longtime passionate hobby chief and can stand more heat at my fingers than most others, but this thing is getting really hot while hard drawing. Some friends were frightened by the heat developement and didnt want to touch it anymore. But up to now an awesome performance. Just the GH-charger died after two uses.
I'm happy I have the next two years my retailer in situ who has to handle alone all probs with the hopper during this time.

biohacker

Im wondering if anyone seen an issue like this?

Really writing this to see if anyone had any similar issues, or is this an issue at all. Thanks.

I've seen this a bunch of times but just looked past it as "finicky"... never seen it with my older preorder GH's, so I think it's a newer backend thing IMO.

And thanks @Hogni ! It's cool, i've just been accused of being a shill in the Inhalater INH6S thread! :lol:

Mr. Me2

Got my ti hopper on wednesday(yesterday) and it works amazingly....except for one big problem. I purchased a spare battery with it. I hit a couple bowls wednesday night with it(fell in love), then decided to charge up the batteries before bed, so I would have them fully charged, which I have seen people recommending. The battery that was already in the ti, charged up just fine. Then I went to switch them out, and top up my second battery. It charged fine for a few minutes, and then all of a sudden, I looked over, and no lights are blinking anymore. I then proceeded to take it off and put the charger back on, and tested to see if there was some trick to getting it to work or something that I was missing. When that didn't prevail, I changed the batteries to see if it was just the battery, but still, nothing. Now I don't know what to do. I want to hit it so bad, but I am losing hope that I won't have to request for a charger replacement and wont be able to use it for weeks once I kill the battery I have left:( I even tried a wall charger as I had initially just been using my laptop to plug the charger into. Any help would be appreciated. But I have a feeling I already know the answer. I have now left it on the charger for 15-20 minutes, still nothing.
Welcome @J T !

Sorry to hear about your charging issues. Like others have suggested, I strongly recommend you get an external charger. It should solve your problems (assuming it wasn't just a tightening thing) I think you'll come to rely on it to charge and rotate batteries so you'll never have downtime. And you can have it much faster than a RMA (if that's needed).

To tell the truth, I've NEVER used my gh charger.

almost there

So last page I stated I loved this so much I ordered a stainless to go along with my Ti. Like I said it arrived yesterday.

I take it out of the box, charge it to blue, and hit it. Soon as I turned it on, after it went blue, about 6 or 7 seconds into the draw it turns off. I thought that was strange. I try to turn it back on, and I get the flashing red lights. That tell me it's a dead battery but doesn't make sense since I charged it fully before using.

I think I solved the situation, as I tightened the top a little. Maybe the contacts weren't fully touching the battery or something. The next 2 hits where fine.

I charged it again fully just in case it was a dead battery, and later today I will use it again, hopefully with no issues.

Really writing this to see if anyone had any similar issues, or is this an issue at all. Thanks.
Damn, you getting me worried. My ss is on it's way to my house today, it's the same batch as your's. I'll try to give it a couple of runs tonite and report on my findings, wish me luck. Just to be on the safe side my vapcap will get a thorough cleaning today. If that hopper is less than expected I'll need something on hand to help me thru my disappointment.:goon:

JoeMama

Please keep us posted on this, i'm pretty sure there have been nothing but negative posts on the HT GH's? Yours isn't the first that it doesn't look like the pictures but at least yours came with a screen in the front end! I personally just don't see the appeal of them.
Agree with you there, Bio ...
And what's more, it's my suspicion that these HTs are recycled Ti's, and the "heat treatment" removes all vestiges of it's prior defective life.

I could be wrong, but in today's world, truth doesn't count for much anyway.

jules172

PM? I think we all want to know your impressions!

I admit I pushed @jules172 pretty hard :goon:, and that I'm a gh fanguy.

And I'm happy she's officially part of the gh family.

I'm sure she'll weigh in here too.

...feels great in hand and heat up times are awesome, but I'm underwhelmed. The vapor production isn't very strong and it's very warm. I pulled hard and fast as suggested, for about 15 seconds. Tried 3 and 4. The effects were just so so, and it was as frustrating to use as my Firefly 2. Did I do something wrong? I filled the chamber and lightly tapped it down. Did I overfill? Is it supposed to be looser in the chamber? Right now, I feel like something is off because of the overwhelming reviews that are contrary to my experience.

I have Pax 3 (had 2 and 1), Firefly 2, Mighty (my favorite) and the GH. I'm not new to vapes at all, it's my only method of use. The FF2 is my least favorite no matter how much I want to like it because it doesn't work well for me. But something seems off about the GH.

guyonthecouch

So last page I stated I loved this so much I ordered a stainless to go along with my Ti. Like I said it arrived yesterday.

I take it out of the box, charge it to blue, and hit it. Soon as I turned it on, after it went blue, about 6 or 7 seconds into the draw it turns off. I thought that was strange. I try to turn it back on, and I get the flashing red lights. That tell me it's a dead battery but doesn't make sense since I charged it fully before using.

I think I solved the situation, as I tightened the top a little. Maybe the contacts weren't fully touching the battery or something. The next 2 hits where fine.

I charged it again fully just in case it was a dead battery, and later today I will use it again, hopefully with no issues.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.. sounds like it was just a connection issue that you solved.. Chill Wiiiinston

Agree with you there, Bio ...
And what's more, it's my suspicion that these HTs are recycled Ti's, and the "heat treatment" removes all vestiges of it's prior defective life.

I don't think that's the case. You would have to remove all the guts of the hopper to heat treat the body if it was being refurbished. It would be more timely and costly for them to do that then to just start with a fresh body.

guyonthecouch,
Reactions: btka

biohacker

I completely agree with you, so I don't think you are wrong.

I pulled hard and fast as suggested, for about 15 seconds. Tried 3 and 4.

If you look at my previous milk vids, I would start very slow and pick up my draw speed. I was using temp 5, but can produce similar milk on temp 4 as well. Slow it down until vapour production picks up after several seconds and then go nuts!

I don't think you have anything to worry about.. sounds like it was just a connection issue that you solved.. Chill Wiiiinston

It's something that i've been experiencing with the newer backends, and never the previous older style. I personally think it's an issue, albeit intermittent. I have never in my life seen a GH just turn off for no reason other than recently. And the flashing red is new as well. Must just be part of the evolution of this cutting edge device.

I don't think that's the case. You would have to remove all the guts of the hopper to heat treat the body if it was being refurbished. It would be more timely and costly for them to do that then to just start with a fresh body.

So instead of just throwing away a scratched up Ti body, you don't think it would make financial sense to torch it and selling for $350? I'm sure they can gut GH's pretty quick by now....they have had more practice with RMA's than anyone else in the industry. And that's a fact! As mentioned early, truth doesn't mean much these days it seems...

guyonthecouch

@biohacker
So instead of just throwing away a scratched up Ti body, you don't think it would make financial sense to torch it and selling for $350? I'm sure they can gut GH's pretty quick by now....they have had more practice with RMA's than anyone else in the industry. And that's a fact! As mentioned early, truth doesn't mean much these days it seems...

Like i said in my post, you wouldn't be able to heat treat a GH with the guts in it. Otherwise, errbuddy would be doing it themselves right meow.. why would anyone pay GH to do it for them.

GH is gonna pay someone X amount of $ an hr to meticulously take apart the body without scratching/damaging it any further than it already has been by a previous owner? I'm assuming a Ti body from their manufacturer is not that costly..

Fact?? ..don't think so der budd.. got a source on these facts of yours??

Last edited by a moderator:
guyonthecouch,
Reactions: btka

btka

@jules172 are you using it native? do you use a bubbler? I would take a primer hit after turning blue the hopper needs a primer pull after that you should getnvapor instantly (do not turn it off after the primer pull until you got a big va8or cloud or two or more) and also turn it to 5.... I also puff like on a cigar (small short big pulls) so the heat does not irritate my throat...

@biohacker do not think the use refurbished ghs for HT you would see scratches I think... they wqnt disppearmthrough heat treating...

btka,
Reactions: jules172

biohacker

Fact?? ..don't think so der budd.. got a source on these facts of yours??

Relax dude, I was just kidding man! That's why I said:

As mentioned early, truth doesn't mean much these days it seems...

But I am curious, who would have more RMA's? I can only think of S&B, but even the Crafty doesn't seem to be flaking as much as the GH. And that's not a fact, which is why I said "doesn't seem"! :)

@biohacker do not think the use refurbished ghs for HT you would see scratches I think... they wqnt disppearmthrough heat treating...

I appreciate your opinion, and although I don't agree with it, I will fight for it to the end! I still stick with what @JoeMama said!

guyonthecouch

It says 'product unavailable' but it's still nice to see the page up, hopefully they will be available any day now.
of course they're out of stock.. I bought em all muahahaha

65d46f84d7ba677ea5f1607e8adee15d.jpg

JCat

Accessory Maker
This product is currently unavailable.

Surprise!!!
oh well! ... I just saw it there in my obsessive checking back to the Accessories page ... didn't go so far as trying to order ... :lol: ...

This along with a really short 14mm "vapor cooler" would probably be awesome ... not quite so discrete but would likely enable huge hits. I've been using my Zapubler dry and w/ water, and even dry the vapor is amazingly cool and smooth ... just needs a slightly longer/more complex path to give it a chance to cool.

DSCF3190.jpg

Ideally something 1/4 of the size of the zapubler with a goal of dry cooling would be just awesome ... really just a very short stem w/ a slightly complex vapor path would do the trick.

biohacker

It says 'product unavailable' but it's still nice to see the page up, hopefully they will be available any day now.

Around a week as I mentioned yesterday (from Caroline)..... but.... what @Hogni said.

...It's nice to see the pics of the leather sleeve and ss case since months (?), more than a year (??) too!
If the WPA should have a similar timeline perhaps you'll get one at Xmas? - with luck! ;)

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
...feels great in hand and heat up times are awesome, but I'm underwhelmed. The vapor production isn't very strong and it's very warm. I pulled hard and fast as suggested, for about 15 seconds. Tried 3 and 4. The effects were just so so, and it was as frustrating to use as my Firefly 2. Did I do something wrong? I filled the chamber and lightly tapped it down. Did I overfill? Is it supposed to be looser in the chamber? Right now, I feel like something is off because of the overwhelming reviews that are contrary to my experience.

Try packing it less. It likes a loose fluffy kinda of load, the tighter the pack, the greater the draw resistance

I have Pax 3 (had 2 and 1), Firefly 2, Mighty (my favorite) and the GH. I'm not new to vapes at all, it's my only method of use. The FF2 is my least favorite no matter how much I want to like it because it doesn't work well for me. But something seems off about the GH.

slcbdco,
Reactions: jules172

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Around a week as I mentioned yesterday (from Caroline)..... but.... what @Hogni said.

They obviously don't give a fuck about the SS case or the leather sleeve. They should take those items off the site and just admit those items aren't priority. Maybe offer a small discount to those who are owed the leather sleeve and a refund on the SS cases.

Personally I'd prefer they start working on an oils front end before beginning the highly technical task of sewing a bit of leather or machining an SS tube.

The WPA will be here soon, my guess is they have had the design for a little while and are waiting for the first batch to arrive from where ever they are getting them manufactured. Barring any manufacturing issues it's likely just waiting for the shipping container to turn up.

Here is hoping the first batch is to spec. :cheers:

guyonthecouch

They obviously don't give a fuck about the SS case or the leather sleeve. They should take those items off the site and just admit those items aren't priority. Maybe offer a small discount to those who are owed the leather sleeve and a refund on the SS cases.

Personally I'd prefer they start working on an oils front end before beginning the highly technical task of sewing a bit of leather or machining an SS tube.

The WPA will be here soon, my guess is they have had the design for a little while and are waiting for the first batch to arrive from where ever they are getting them manufactured. Barring any manufacturing issues it's likely just waiting for the shipping container to turn up.

Here is hoping the first batch is to spec. :cheers:
I don't think the SS case is possible.. too much of a safety hazard. What if the battery had to vent? ..wouldn't a sealed metal enclosure be too danger bay??

Also, it would have to be well insulated(making it pretty big) so it doesn't have any interior conduction issues between the unit and the case. Metal on metal = no good

guyonthecouch,
Top Bottom