Discontinued The Grasshopper

almost there

The Hopper Labs email said there are a few surprises in store. That means at least three, right? :shrug:

That must mean that we will soon see the stainless steel case, oil front end, and possibly a power adaptor. They might even pull a stunt like Apple did when they unveiled the iPhone, maybe these three products are actually one!

Imagine a slim, sleek stainless steel case with a built in charging port, battery bank, AC power pass through, and an integrated e-nail with a sapphire glass dish.

Preorders start now at $485 with an estimated two months delivery. :lol:
Which translates to 2 human years of course. Possibly all this confusion of missed deadlines may be due to a misunderstanding of how we measure time. Hopperlabs may quite possibly be making all their announcements by the grasshopper standards of time Which we humans can't understand

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

Hey all.

For everyone that asked, I have a beta WPA which looks like it will be the production run. I will try to find out more for you all about it.

On another note, I was out and about and found an awesome slim silicone mouth piece protector for free.

I went to my local vape shop. They let you try different flavors of E-juice. They put a little condom on the mouthpiece for you for hygiene.
I asked for one and they gave me a handful.

They look like this.

If you slide one on your hopper mouth piece, it makes a noticeable difference and keeps the tip much cooler.

I wanted to mention this to you all because it helps the mouth piece stay cooler and it is very slim.

Also because it was free!:)

Pharoh

Not even sure this is worth posting but I'm going to anyway (arrived in my inbox today):

Grasshopper Grasshopper Mail
New HT Hoppers, Feb News, Blogs and More.

February marked the finish line for pre-orders and the start of on-demand shipping! Grasshoppers are now finally available within a few days of placing an order. If you have not received your pre-ordered Grasshopper please check your spam folder for an address confirmation or contact support and they will help expedite your order. We have a few surprises in store, and of course, the long-awaited water pipe adapter will start shipping this month.

Today, we have released another set of Heat Treated (HT) Grasshoppers. The first batches sold out quick so if you're interested in grabbing one of these unique units, be sure to check them out here. Ships tomorrow.

If you haven't already, please check out our new blog where you can find tips and tricks, maintenance advice and other Hopper related information. You can submit ideas or guest posts for consideration to blog@grasshoppervape.com.

The WPA allows for you to adapt your Grasshopper to almost any piece of glass. Natively designed to fit into a 14mm downstem, it provides a new level of performance and production. Matching threads allow for the WPA to seamlessly attach to the front of your Hopper. A precision machined finish, and 10 to 1 taper provide a perfect seal with your existing glass. It will come in all of our standard finishes. We will also offer a 14mm to 18mm adapter so you can use the WPA with any water pipe you choose.

Hopper Labs
I bought a heat treated GH and it looks pathetic to that one... I ought to return for a better heat treat...

MoltenTiger

Hey all.

For everyone that asked, I have a beta WPA which looks like it will be the production run. I will try to find out more for you all about it.

On another note, I was out and about and found an awesome slim silicone mouth piece protector for free.

I went to my local vape shop. They let you try different flavors of E-juice. They put a little condom on the mouthpiece for you for hygiene.
I asked for one and they gave me a handful.

They look like this.

If you slide one on your hopper mouth piece, it makes a noticeable difference and keeps the tip much cooler.

I wanted to mention this to you all because it helps the mouth piece stay cooler and it is very slim.

Also because it was free!:)
can you do a shot like the last pic but with the WPA?
I want to see the outside of the screen, your vid made it look whack but it never focused on it, I couldn't tell if it was full of resin or had a ring of insulation around the outside edge.

J T

Got my ti hopper on wednesday(yesterday) and it works amazingly....except for one big problem. I purchased a spare battery with it. I hit a couple bowls wednesday night with it(fell in love), then decided to charge up the batteries before bed, so I would have them fully charged, which I have seen people recommending. The battery that was already in the ti, charged up just fine. Then I went to switch them out, and top up my second battery. It charged fine for a few minutes, and then all of a sudden, I looked over, and no lights are blinking anymore. I then proceeded to take it off and put the charger back on, and tested to see if there was some trick to getting it to work or something that I was missing. When that didn't prevail, I changed the batteries to see if it was just the battery, but still, nothing. Now I don't know what to do. I want to hit it so bad, but I am losing hope that I won't have to request for a charger replacement and wont be able to use it for weeks once I kill the battery I have left:( I even tried a wall charger as I had initially just been using my laptop to plug the charger into. Any help would be appreciated. But I have a feeling I already know the answer. I have now left it on the charger for 15-20 minutes, still nothing.

MoltenTiger

Thanks for the tip! I've been a huge fan of the feeder and I ordered two of these!
No worries man :) let us know how good it is!

Do you think you could provide a pic of the outside screen side of the new WPA?
I really want to understand what's going on in there and every picture thus far is just a tease. I want the full monty!

Got my ti hopper on wednesday(yesterday) and it works amazingly....except for one big problem. I purchased a spare battery with it. I hit a couple bowls wednesday night with it(fell in love), then decided to charge up the batteries before bed, so I would have them fully charged, which I have seen people recommending. The battery that was already in the ti, charged up just fine. Then I went to switch them out, and top up my second battery. It charged fine for a few minutes, and then all of a sudden, I looked over, and no lights are blinking anymore. I then proceeded to take it off and put the charger back on, and tested to see if there was some trick to getting it to work or something that I was missing. When that didn't prevail, I changed the batteries to see if it was just the battery, but still, nothing. Now I don't know what to do. I want to hit it so bad, but I am losing hope that I won't have to request for a charger replacement and wont be able to use it for weeks once I kill the battery I have left:( I even tried a wall charger as I had initially just been using my laptop to plug the charger into. Any help would be appreciated. But I have a feeling I already know the answer. I have now left it on the charger for 15-20 minutes, still nothing.
I've read a few people having this issue lately, and I've had it myself a year ago.
It's a bad charger, you will need to file for warranty unfortunately.

In the mean time, you can use an external charger like the Xtar MC1 or MC2 to charge the hoppers batteries.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I'm finding the Hoppper to be the most low maintenance vape in my lineup... though i'm sure it's filthy to some of you, I never clean it... the mp doesn't screw on all the way it's so gunked up with stuff... there was a while where I couldn't even see through it when held up to the light... and when I can see, it's barely. I think I've soaked it once since i got it in Jan. The oven body stays clean though. Some gunk will gizz out the top occasionally but it always looks clean and hits well (though maybe a little more draw resistence than what it should be)

jivebuggered

+1

It has paid for itself with the money I now DON'T spend on material. Most efficient vape I've tried.

Just posted my second faulty hopper back this time a complete one as they seem to want now. Im getting really pissed with it now when it costs $23 (with tracking) from Australia to send back. Even if I had to do twice a year I still would not like it I really hope hopper labs get there act together and start making them more reliable.

tubasco

Just posted my second faulty hopper back this time a complete one as they seem to want now. Im getting really pissed with it now when it costs $23 (with tracking) from Australia to send back. Even if I had to do twice a year I still would not like it I really hope hopper labs get there act together and start making them more reliable.
They are becoming more reliable. There are other vapes available.

tubasco,
Reactions: slcbdco

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I'm finding the Hoppper to be the most low maintenance vape in my lineup... though i'm sure it's filthy to some of you, I never clean it... the mp doesn't screw on all the way it's so gunked up with stuff... there was a while where I couldn't even see through it when held up to the light... and when I can see, it's barely. I think I've soaked it once since i got it in Jan. The oven body stays clean though. Some gunk will gizz out the top occasionally but it always looks clean and hits well (though maybe a little more draw resistence than what it should be)

I really can't understand how it still hits well when the actual air path is basically blocked. Oh well.. you people that decide to go down that way, you should be ready for everything! GL with your hopper mate :) I hope it stays like that.

I agree @beiberhole69 here is a video of my 3rd chamber on the same battery through a matrix at 356F.

once again thnx a lot for those lovely videos dude!! :)
and the alternate by the side... hehehe
can it be compared in any way with GH??

duff

Well worn
My Hopper is very finicky about how tightly the back-end is screwed on when charging.
Typically I'll have to loosen the back-end a bit to get the oem charger to work.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Welcome.
Congrats and sympathy on the new Hopper.
It sounds like this option has likely been tried, but sometimes the order of these steps makes a difference:
Of course make sure back end is screwed all the way on...
When putting Hopper on charger, first unplug everything. Attach magnet to Hopper, then usb to either laptop or (maybe better) a good wall/usb adapter.

As @MoltenTiger says, external charger will do the job, maybe be in your hands quicker than a replacement from HL. And imo most every Hopper owner should have an external charging option. I believe I paid less than twenty bucks US for a NItecore D2 from Amazon.

biohacker

I bought a heat treated GH and it looks pathetic to that one... I ought to return for a better heat treat...

Please keep us posted on this, i'm pretty sure there have been nothing but negative posts on the HT GH's? Yours isn't the first that it doesn't look like the pictures but at least yours came with a screen in the front end! I personally just don't see the appeal of them.

We all hope for that, but IMO it's all just wishful thinking until they have a PROVEN track record which is going to take some time. But I empathize, as i'm spending too much money on postage for stupid RMA's, that have occurred right after receiving them BACK from RMA, which i'd have no problem with if they were like S&B and just shipped a brand new GH in order to minimize problems exactly like this.

They are becoming more reliable. There are other vapes available.

How do you know this? I just received a brand new front end with a loose screen. And as of only 2 months ago, i've had 2 DOA. IMO not much has changed. But you're right, there are other vapes out there.

Astedra

But you're right, there are other vapes out there.
No such thing as a perfect vape, not even close. My hopper died on my after a months use, and when I ask a question about it, I get ignored. Fan boys are too busy glorifying the vape.

Grasshopper keeps braking, Crafty keeps braking, Milaana combusts sometimes, firefly got boring quick, haze v3 sucks, air the only one I can truly recommend.

Last edited:

tubasco

How do you know this?

(How is a Front End with a loose screen an example of "unreliable?")

I was an Indiegogo backer. I had a working (but wonky) Ti green backend that I didn't RMA until 9 months of ownership, daily driver, because it worked...even if not optimally. Then suddenly the spring stopped springing, so I rma'd that piece, got a new one a month ago, and it doesn't even get the slightest bit warm. It just works. And the threads are nicer, and the temp dial turns smoothly. I'm on my second body after an early version failed. This one is going strong.

I see first hand improvement in functionality as this young independent company of maybe 4 employees keeps taking a beating from people expecting perfection out of the gate. That's why I said "there's other vapes." The Aussie should get a Pax if he wants a large company that can perhaps handle a growing business better.

If you want cutting edge tech, then that's available too, with all its caveats. I just don't understand people mad that a piece of commercially available portable aerospace tech needs tweaking as we go here. Shouldn't we be championing that they aren't stopping with 1.0 and only focusing on a 2.0?

Grasshopper is slaying.

@Astedra , I guess they just personally don't like you. Your hopper broke, so you asked them a question about it (presumably something like "hey why this breaked?!?") and they haven't answered you within a day or two so you're calling me a fanboy because I have a working hopper that is exactly what I want in a vape. Makes sense.

Last edited:

biohacker

No such thing as a perfect vape, not even close. My hopper died on my after a months use, and when I ask a question about it, I get ignored. Fan boys are too busy glorifying the vape.

Grasshopper keeps braking, Crafty keeps braking, Milaana combusts sometimes, firefly got boring quick, haze v3 sucks, air the only one I can truly recommend.

It's a torch vape, but hits like a sublimator and it's still portable...the Supreme reigns supreme.

I see first hand improvement in functionality as this young independent company of maybe 4 employees keeps taking a beating from people expecting perfection out of the gate.

Perfection?:rofl:

Grasshopper is slaying.

If by slaying you mean digging their own graves then I agree with you ;)

tubasco

digging their own graves
Like Tesla?

Seriously, why are you on this thread shouting "supreme butane!" Isn't there a thread for your breed of fanboi?

mod note: Do you really think your post meets the standard for our 'be nice' rule? Are you treating this member with respect? If your answers are 'yes' then your standards need adjustment for this site. That goes for the 2 members who liked your post as well.

biohacker

Who's shouting? Someone was looking for a good alternative to a list of vapes, so I suggested the Supreme. What's wrong with that? What about all the FF2, FW4, and Sticky brick jr talk?

My breed of fanboi? Dude, seriously...?

PS. I use propane with my Supreme, not butane. So stop shouting at me!

steviekool

So last page I stated I loved this so much I ordered a stainless to go along with my Ti. Like I said it arrived yesterday.

Im wondering if anyone seen an issue like this?

I take it out of the box, charge it to blue, and hit it. Soon as I turned it on, after it went blue, about 6 or 7 seconds into the draw it turns off. I thought that was strange. I try to turn it back on, and I get the flashing red lights. That tell me it's a dead battery but doesn't make sense since I charged it fully before using.

I think I solved the situation, as I tightened the top a little. Maybe the contacts weren't fully touching the battery or something. The next 2 hits where fine.

I charged it again fully just in case it was a dead battery, and later today I will use it again, hopefully with no issues.

Really writing this to see if anyone had any similar issues, or is this an issue at all. Thanks.

Top Bottom