Discontinued The Grasshopper

sixstringsmash

Sooo an update. Either the hopper team was reading this thread, saw my post and went oh shit, or my timing is just impeccable. I just checked my email not too long ago and saw hopper support responded to me like not even fifteen minutes after I posted my sob story. Caroline apologized for the wait but got my hopper registered and explained that because she is the only person on staff to answer emails for thousands of people a day it took her a while. I thanked her for registering my hopper but also felt the need to voice my discontent(politely) about the extreme wait and suggested to them that if it takes them five days to answer an email that maybe they should consider hiring an extra staff member to help with the support line. Well if that ever happens or not I'm just glad I got this registration process handled and over with! Onward to stage 2, the warranty request! I'll make sure to keep you guys posted :mental:

Last edited:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
and suggested to them that if it takes them five days to answer an email that maybe they should consider hiring an extra staff member to help with the support line.

my dad always says stuff like this to low level employees that can do nothing about his complaint. As if she didn't wish she had help going through all the emails... a lot of which are likely duplicates from impatient customers.

Hey guys,

Been out of the weed scene for around 2 years but I'm looking to get back into it and make an informed decision to get the best portable vape that I can. My first time around I bought a shitty puffit so I'm really checking everything out this time.

If I was to order a grasshopper, I have some questions.

1) Would it get to western canada relatively quickly?
a) If I ordered from a retailer close to home rather than direct from GH, would it arrive quicker and would it have the GH warranty?
2) What are the odds it would just break like so many people say theirs has done? I really don't want to have the hassle of sending it back and forth, I'd rather just have a vape that works.

And finally, is the GH the best vape for my criteria? That is, convection, easily used with a bong, discreet, and able to get me fucking ripped. If it's not could somebody recommend a good one.

Thanks!

lookatmevapemum,
Reactions: slcbdco

Old School

Vape13man
Noone is going to know until tomorrow when it's announced to the public. Everything until then is speculation.
i don't get it what's all the secrecy about anyway.... I haven't gotten an email response from support or Trevor..... I agree radio silence is quite frustrating :cool::bang:

I'd really like to know if there is still an extra battery with each order last day being today..?

Old School,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hey guys,

Been out of the weed scene for around 2 years but I'm looking to get back into it and make an informed decision to get the best portable vape that I can. My first time around I bought a shitty puffit so I'm really checking everything out this time.

If I was to order a grasshopper, I have some questions.

a) If I ordered from a retailer close to home rather than direct from GH, would it arrive quicker and would it have the GH warranty?
2) What are the odds it would just break like so many people say theirs has done? I really don't want to have the hassle of sending it back and forth, I'd rather just have a vape that works.

And finally, is the GH the best vape for my criteria? That is, convection, easily used with a bong, discreet, and able to get me fucking ripped. If it's not could somebody recommend a good one.

Thanks!

No, unlikely as they have a 4 week lead time, plus postage, plus customs.

Yes on both fronts.

Your guess is as good as mine, which is as good as anybody's here. Only HL's know the actual failure rate.

If you can tolerate the possibility of failure and going through the warranty process then yes get a Hopper!

If working correctly the hopper will fuck you up, no doubt about it. It's a great vape

Usually used as a one hit and done type device like a bong, it's not so great for sessioning and sharing. If using in groups you are going to spend a lot of time reloading plus cooling down. The battery is small as the device so stealthy so grab a few extra. Considering how small the battery is it's a miracle they manage to get such great performance outta the thing.

It does produce hot vapor due to the heater being < 1" from your largest face hole but it's got adjustable temps so you do have the ability to turn it down if it's shredding your throat.

If you use it in conjunction with a water tool like the MFLB Orbiter then not only will it fuck you up but it will cause your entire reality to break down leaving you a quivering mess (well maybe, I dunno, I only speak from personal experience, YMMV).

If you can't tolerate the possibility of failure then I'd recommend a butane powered vape like the VapCap which you can read all about here.

biohacker

Well I never thought the day would come, but i'm happy I have 4 of these because 3/4 are going to sick bay! I just couldn't take it anymore, testing after testing trying to make my newer hoppers work consistently. It wasn't meant to be, and both the ss and ti backends are constantly getting super hot so hopefully they will be replaced!

My OG Ti, other than the front end not screwing on, the backend temp dial seems to get completely seized up from time to time, either it won't budge, or it's super coarse and gritty.

So i'm left with my trusty OG SS, which had the immediate blue no heat for 3 days, and then the voodoo kicked in and it's been working incredibly ever since! Please let it continue at least until the RMA's return! lol

Predict $199ss and $249ti GH prices....suppose it could be more though.. I wish they would do a bundle, like 2 GH's for a discount, or a SS+Ti.... but most of all I wish they would do discounts on multiple silicone mouthpieces, like maybe 5 packs, or 5 packs of batteries for a bit of a discount. I'm sure it's coming.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Well I never thought the day would come, but i'm happy I have 4 of these because 3/4 are going to sick bay! I just couldn't take it anymore, testing after testing trying to make my newer hoppers work consistently. It wasn't meant to be, and both the ss and ti backends are constantly getting super hot so hopefully they will be replaced!

My OG Ti, other than the front end not screwing on, the backend temp dial seems to get completely seized up from time to time, either it won't budge, or it's super coarse and gritty.

So i'm left with my trusty OG SS, which had the immediate blue no heat for 3 days, and then the voodoo kicked in and it's been working incredibly ever since! Please let it continue at least until the RMA's return! lol

Predict $199ss and $249ti GH prices....suppose it could be more though.. I wish they would do a bundle, like 2 GH's for a discount, or a SS+Ti.... but most of all I wish they would do discounts on multiple silicone mouthpieces, like maybe 5 packs, or 5 packs of batteries for a bit of a discount. I'm sure it's coming.

Shit man, that sucks!

I thought you only just got 2x of your hoppers back from sick bay?

sixstringsmash

my dad always says stuff like this to low level employees that can do nothing about his complaint. As if she didn't wish she had help going through all the emails... a lot of which are likely duplicates from impatient customers.
I was not malicious in how I said anything to her. I stated twice in my email that what I was saying was not representative of her but representative of the company. I don't like making criticisms to people either, but if they don't hear it how will they know to improve? Unless you have the personal email of the CEO I don't know how else to say anything to them.

Last edited:

JoeMama

Hi everyone, I am @voodoo_vape's friend he mentions in his post above (thanks for the intro mate:p) and as a matter of fact 600 pages were indeed too much to read but we'll get there...eventually.

So, to cut a long story short, I was indeed impressed by the GH and wanted to get one myself but once I've read some pretty unfortunate experiences of other users posted in this topic I was quite disappointed to say the least. First thing crossing my mind was to ask for a refund immediately and look elsewhere until HL fix their product. What is the purpose of it being awesome in every aspect if you have to RMA it every now and then, it's not awesome then it just has some serious potential and at the same time some serious issues for HL to deal with. At this moment I feel like I funded the next and improved version of GH which may fix current version's issues. Atm I am a little bit anxious of what my experience with GH will be. A new customer like me shouldn't feel this way but at the end of the day, it was my choice to spend money on a GH. Let's hope I get lucky!

Excuses like "the pin must have been misplaced during shipping" are frustrating to hear, especially when you pay nearly 300$ and you live overseas. I just can't see myself going back and forth to the post office sending my one and only vape. Yes, it will be my first and only vape, we all have to start from somewhere, right? :)

To ease my friend's mind and for him not to feel "guilty" I decided to wait for the GH to arrive, fingers crossed it wil be working flawlessly as expected. If not, or if it breaks after some use, I will reconsider my options.

Good to be here, looking forward in sharing positive vaping experiences in the future with you all.

Hey, Dude, welcome! :wave:

At the risk of being repetitive, I think that you'll be a happy camper with the Hopper. Definitely get several spare batteries, a good charger (I have the Nitecore D4), and @Ratchett necessities. :tup:

EDIT: oh, and the actual clicker is smooooth now. Used to be a little wonky, until it finally stopped functioning completely. And I can hardly hear the heater "ticking"... it used to be that I had to fuss with the backend to make the ticking LOUD, which consistently produced better vapor. Now I just have great vapor and almost inaudible ticking.

Yeah, I dunno about the ticking... I would say just the opposite since getting my two Ti's replacement backends; the ticking is acutely audible sometimes, and other times it's almost completely quite. It's almost always more noticeable with freshly charged batteries.
But yeah, the clicker seems less -as you said quite aptly - wonky. My favorite change is the smoothness of the dial.

It's been 6 days since I contacted GHL about my invalid S/N and the missing top screen on my hopper. It's been 5 days since Caroline first contacted me asking for my GH info so she could get me registered and I could then file a warranty claim to get my screen fixed. Almost two days ago I sent her another email after not hearing from her still asking if she forgot about me and what's going on with my hopper registration? Some form of contact other than radio silence would be appreciated, but I still haven't gotten a response............

I read your subsequent post to this, Six, and I'm happy that syncronicity paid you a visit.

Yet, still, it is inexcusable that anyone should wait more than 2-3 business days for a response.
Your polite criticism was warranted, I feel, and even if Caroline is just an employee who just does her job and keeps her head down, that is not your problem. Perhaps she will gain the courage to speak up about needing help....

Or:

Well, MY dad used to say, "fuck'em, Joey, it's not your problem". :rockon:
:rofl:
... but seriously, since we don't know if Caroline is "just an employee" (who by the way happens to answer emails at 2AM on a Sunday morning), or if she is perhaps more.

Thus far, there have been several theories on Caroline's true identity, my favorite of which is that CarOLine is an obscure acronym for an advanced AI platform that interfaces between Customer Care, Warranty, and Engineering Test Operations. She's in beta phase, so occasionally she glitches, which would explain the several day wait for responses.

Hope that helps. :freak:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
reality breaking down?!? Ok I need to try a mflb orbiter. I'd not heard of it before.

The Orbiter is just the water tool (bubbler), there are many you can choose from. They just cool the vapour down like a bong does. The difference being they tend to be smaller and have less diffusion than large bongs with multiple percolators.

What actually messed me up was that I was at the end of my stash with all the dusty keify bits and I wasn't paying attention. I loaded up the hopper and took a huge rip through the Orbiter on full temp and spent 3 hours pacing around in a cold sweat wondering how I could have been so careless. There were moments where I actually just drifted off and lost time. It's not like I'm new at this but sometimes you end up fucking yourself up and that happened when I used the hopper. I'm still acclimating to the device, it's definitely increased my tolerance.

The one hit and done style of the hopper can hit you heavy and quick, it's easy on temp 5 to get caught off guard if you are a mid to low tolerance person.

My reality sorta broke down a bit, but I'm ok, thanks for asking. :freak:

biohacker

I thought you only just got 2x of your hoppers back from sick bay?

naw dude, the only other time I have RMA'd was my very first backer GH that was DOA, replaced basically with a DOA. I'm hoping this experience goes better!

it's definitely increased my tolerance.

Completely opposite here. Because the device is so damn efficient, and hits so hard, i'm finding i'm using much less, as much as 25-50% ballpark. This has lowered my tolerance, and I actually feel and look better since switching exclusively to the GH from the Mighty (session style w/ conduction). I personally feel that conduction is a "dirty" vapour IMO.

Last edited:

Gramin

Any Aussies on the fence about buying through Aus Vapes needn't be worried. We probably have a far more refined RMA process through Ausvapes. They have spare stock to handle warranty cases. I reckon I'll have my case solved within 5 business days. That's gotta give you peace of mind :)

Really keen to see what I get back. Same B/E or an entirely new unit.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
spent 3 hours pacing around in a cold sweat wondering how I could have been so careless
That happened to me once too...

SKsEuGp.jpg

Pharoh

Well...i bought one of those $350 torched GH last week....i saw it available on Monday and had it Wednesday......I guess money talks....right? I've used the GH approx 7-10 times...Everything seems to work fine...simple to use..but so is my Mighty and Pax2....The GH is very easy to conceal due to its appearance...but I generally don't have to carry my vape with me everywhere I go...and again, I'm in my twilight years (63)...Ah Ah HA!... My take on the grasshopper is that it gets pretty god damn hot on my lips at times (on mid setting) I don't use the rubber...I keep it in one of those leather holders and the rubber wont fit in the holder.... I see lots of people here that seem desperate to get their order filled that they placed months ago......I say ...get a Mighty or Crafty......relax.......If GHL can't keep up....it's their loss....but raising your prices is good business practice when you can't keep up with demand...Might as well make bigger profits while playing catch up.......

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Caroline apologized for the wait but got my hopper registered and explained that because she is the only person on staff to answer emails for thousands of people a day it took her a while. I thanked her for registering my hopper but also felt the need to voice my discontent(politely) about the extreme wait and suggested to them that if it takes them five days to answer an email that maybe they should consider hiring an extra staff member to help with the support line.

Your polite criticism was warranted, I feel,

Thus far, there have been several theories on Caroline's true identity, my favorite of which is that CarOLine is an obscure acronym for an advanced AI platform that interfaces between Customer Care, Warranty, and Engineering Test Operations. She's in beta phase, so occasionally she glitches, which would explain the several day wait for responses.

Hope that helps. :freak:

Jumping on the "your polite criticism was warranted" bandwagon but I'm guessing no one on the planet is more aware of the lab's need to get her some help that "The Divine Ms. C." herself.

Said it before and I'll say it again: you can't spell Caroline without c-l-o-n-e.

Matt Howarth, people. Look him up for some great reads.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'd love a FW but I'd need a step down converter...

How does it compare to GH?
That's actually an E-Nano. It's like a plug-in Grasshopper that has nearly bulletproof reliability. Performance is very similar to the Grasshopper in my opinion. It's plug in so it produces the same results every time, no need to worry about weak batteries or anything.

It doesn't fit in my pocket though which is why I have a Grasshopper or two. I had my nano first, and the hopper seemed like the closest thing to a pocket log vape and the stealth factor couldn't be beat. After many months of waiting, and an impulse buy of a "backup" before I received my original order, I was relieved to find out that it performed pretty much exactly as I expected and hoped for.

Top Bottom