Discontinued The Grasshopper

sashka69

did you carry it arround (maybe in pockets or bag)... could it be that something entered trough the air intake holes...
the heater is as far as I know 3d printed ?steal?... please report us back if you ask HL what their nswer was..
No this is my device for home usage. It makes this noise since day one! So it has to be something entered through the air intake holes during manufacturing process imho.

Nothing from Caroline yet.

tubasco

No this is my device for home usage. It makes this noise since day one! So it has to be something entered through the air intake holes during manufacturing process imho.

Nothing from Caroline yet.
Have you tried to wiggle the screen? My guess is that the screen by the heater is just a little loose

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I feel so empty without my hopper, damn you warranty case.

This post is nothing but having to share my loneliness. :rolleyes:

Am i alone with only owning 1 hopper?
I've ordered a new one for when this shit happens next time, but the website says 3 - 4 weeks :myday: i dont believe it for a second.

I share your loneliness, hope it comes first thing next week, also proof of

A) hopper is not for single vaporizer ownership (yet)

B) unless you own two or more

C) the battery life-time is pretty great for what it does with 400-550 mAh and 3.7v****

************Disclaimer*************

*rule nr. C is not directed personally to @armani but to all yo that shit on the battery.
********************penis**********
- -
-_ -
- ____/\____-

(thus began the age of the disclaimer penis)

Hjalmark,
Reactions: armani

sashka69

Have you tried to wiggle the screen? My guess is that the screen by the heater is just a little loose
That's a good point!
For a minute I took the end of a pencil (fits perfect into the chamber) and pushed it against the heater screen (with low force). I hold this pressure (ensures the screen can't wiggle) and tried it again: Hopper is still rattling. So no heater screen issue I guess. But thank you for your idea!

Lou Taylor

I think I'm suffering buyers remorse before I even receive the GH. The idea that you have to own 2 to keep one in operation while the other is being sent back for warranty repair, does not impress. I ordered this thing back in November 2016 with a promise of delivery by Dec 2016. No clue when I will ever get the "flaky piece of crap" , as one of it's long term owners described it,
I am already thinking I should have purchased a PAX instead. all these RMA's are not what I was looking for at all. shame on me for not reading these forums before ordering. (grumble)

The idea that they are raising the price and spending time on expensive fancy units with a next day delivery, when they can't even fulfill their current orders I also find frustrating.

Mr Mellish

I think I'm suffering buyers remorse before I even receive the GH. The idea that you have to own 2 to keep one in operation while the other is being sent back for warranty repair, does not impress. I ordered this thing back in November 2016 with a promise of delivery by Dec 2016. No clue when I will ever get the "flaky piece of crap" , as one of it's long term owners described it,
I am already thinking I should have purchased a PAX instead. all these RMA's are not what I was looking for at all. shame on me for not reading these forums before ordering. (grumble)

The idea that they are raising the price and spending time on expensive fancy units with a next day delivery, when they can't even fulfill their current orders I also find frustrating.

I got my SS and Ti in June and I use both almost daily.

biohacker

the "flaky piece of crap" , as one of it's long term owners described it,

I think you are probably referring to me, although I also think it's taken out of context for one (on a really one-off bad day I was having and venting, like so many others have before me), and two - I wouldn't classify myself as a long term owner whatsoever. I briefly owned a backed GH that was DOA on arrival, I RMA'd it, and it was returned DOA (in my opinion, just didn't get to the temps it should have) ended up selling to a member here and that was it. FF a long time, over a year maybe? And a couple of hoppers landed in a riveting trade, which made me fall in love and divorce all others with extreme prejudice. This resulted in the acquisition of two newer gen hoppers, which led me to much frustration....however...

BLUE TAC to the rescue! Finally got my hands on some, and did a thread overhaul to which I could see the oxidation marks....cleaned the snot out of those threads, iso as well (carefully), and now both hoppers seem to be working properly! I still see the flicker from time to time, but it's way less, and doesn't seem to affect performance (a different kinda flicker does, but I haven't seen that as of late). So the 2nd click phenomenon seems to be in remission at least, but both hoppers can pump out the clouds and produce great looking ABV which is exactly the end result i'm looking for.

I did receive a response to my inquiry about the behaviour of my hoppers and was told to submit an RMA, especially if I was having hot back end issues (I am with my newer SS). Response time was quite acceptable since I just sent it on friday!

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
WOW!!! The time has come that I have finally caught up with the thread.. I was sth like 10-12 pages behind and everyday that I wasn't posting more pages were coming up :p
Anyway... sooooo, I got my new main body on the 19th(HL had it shipped on the 30th Dec). Almost 20 days for overseas shipping which I don't think that it's too much, so thumbs up for HL there from me. Everything is working fine now, my Purple Ti is going stronger than ever before. Fingers crossed, it'll stay like that.
My faulty main body cost me $6.2 to ship it back. Again, this calmed me down coz I was frustrated about the price that they would tell me at the post office. They should be receiving it next week or so. Caroline, carol'n'line or whoever else there :p even thanked me for sending it out so soon. Probably they were expecting some stony reaction, sending it after a couple of months or so.. :p Since they have been reacting like a different company after receiving my Hoppers, I felt like treating them nice as well.

Regarding the thread's content... it's really disappointing seeing such incidents again.. wtf is wrong with HL?? Don't they want to stay in business?? Why the hell they don't have a good damn QA? No more excuses for them I think and I'm feeling lucky for being with an operational GH with only 1 warranty claim so far. Hope it stays like that. No more ISO or anything else liquid inside the chamber.. @natural farmer your bro's unit was dead and that's why you tried it out with the iso soak.. otherwise I don't think that you'd have ever done it... when you reach a nothing-else-to-do state, why not trying out every possible solution.. Personally, I'd never do that with a functioning GH.. :)

I have to apologize in advance for my huge post, that this will most than probably be, but it's almost 15-20 days that I haven't posted here and I've read more than 20 pages I'd say.

The other day I was with a friend of mine that he's more of an indica-type stoner.. he likes his head spinning around like mad.. He's still a J smoker but from time to time I've given him my GH to test it out a bit. Up till that last time, he would tell me that the gh wouldn't do the job for him and weird stuff like that :p .. This last time though, I had my glass pipe and my asscatcher with me, which has also proved to be an excellent combination for the GH, and we got smashed with some super sk. and moby dick strains that I managed to get hold of at a good price as well.. :D That same night, I managed to turn him round and made him wanna buy one of his own. And so it happened! He ordered a Dark Grey Ti with extra 4 batteries and an external charger.. I was so happy that I managed to persuade him and that a very good friend of mine would become a fello hopperhead!! Next day, I started sending him some links for the hopper and of course the link to the FC! Since he's starting reading the topic, and I'm sure he'll be reading this one as well, his approach to the whole thing totally changed. He started questioning everything and to an extend I felt bad that I kinda told him to read the FC... of course this does not exist in general, it's only for GH shake and some continuous pages of madness... :p His conclusion is that I don't really care how good is the product, I want it to be working so that I can see how good it is... which is totally fair enough, especially when you're spending that kind of money!! Not to mention, the total price for a Ti model with the 4 batteries cost almost $300...the international shipping fee was not there and they better be sending them out at a premium service. So this makes it to 3 friends that have been dragged to the whole thing by me and 6 friends in total that they're with a hooper...woohooo.. we're spreading fast!!! :p :D

Regarding hopper, charger and batteries now, and I'm almost done :p patience to those that are still reading.. :)

First of all, blue flickering lights are gone now. Only some when the batt is about to finish. When I stick a battery to the charger it's voltage varies from 3.7V (which is pretty drained at such level) to 3.9V which is at around 20-30%. I'm using a nitecore D4 and so far I haven't noticed any problem or lifetime reduction. When you only put one to charge you get 700Mah, when you put 2 you get 375 and when you have all 4 charging you get something like 275-300Mah. Setting it to low voltage has not been an issue so far. I've only done that once. Did I forget mentioning no HL charger for me?.. just to be sure that this is out of the way...

Has anyone else noticed that when you rip your gh after your first red lights, it will probably give you another hit, especially if you're drawing gently. That is when my batteries will get at 3.7V! And that's what I like seeing when I'm putting them to charge. I have 4 of them and they're rotating flawlessly so far lasting for around 3-4 loads each time.

Regarding mouthpiece.. has anyone seen the glass tube mouthpiece for pinnacle pro? I found it super handy and it should be working just fine with the gh since its a 14mm one... I ordered one and I can't wait posting some update about it. It should be with me mid-Feb/ beg-March... I think that this is what I was looking for.. having a mini-bubbler in your pocket.. what else could you ask for??? This is it!

@biohacker duuude... your way of ripping a bong has been a totally new experience for me... continuous small or bigger hits until you can feel that your lungs can't take it more.. :p :p and the medication level.... amazing....!!! Cheers for that mate!! And stay positive... you're a quad-hopper man.. lucky you :D

PS1: Yday I managed to get those "secret" clouds from an empty chamber. I had left some flower inside for several hours and when I tried emptying the chamber there were some particles stuck on the walls. I put in on T5 and massive clouds came out...!! After that, the chamber could be properly cleaned with a q-tip and its shining once again..!!
PS2: I got my glasses out for cleaning the other day.. what an amazing feeling, taste and image that is when everything is crystal clear... loving my PWB powder!! I've only used it with glass, and I'm planning to continue using it like that.. :)
PS3: Again, apologies for this hugeee wall....at least it's not a trump's one... :p :p

Mr. Me2

Be strong, @Lou Taylor !

Assuming the gh suits your preferred vaping style, I'm sure you will LOVE this thing!!!

Sure, some people have had performance issues (me included, months ago). But there are plenty of gh's out there with zero issues. And if you do have a problem, from my experience ghl cs is great and fast.

Having said all that, I don't think anyone should have just one vape...

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So what is everyone's battery count? I'm now at 10xGHB2 and 5xGHB1 lol. Though I'm going to toss two GHB1's due to the wrapping getting damaged.

5 GHB2s shared between a Ti and an SS. Charged exclusively with a D4.

Regarding mouthpiece.. has anyone seen the glass tube mouthpiece for pinnacle pro? I found it super handy and it should be working just fine with the gh since its a 14mm one... I ordered one and I can't wait posting some update about it. It should be with me mid-Feb/ beg-March... I think that this is what I was looking for.. having a mini-bubbler in your pocket.. what else could you ask for??? This is it!

I've got one but haven't used it with my hopper yet. I've been having too much fun with my homemade airpath extender (built from Vapor Brothers whip parts) and a Magic Flight Orbiter.

Gramin

Has anyone else noticed that when you rip your gh after your first red lights, it will probably give you another hit, especially if you're drawing gently. That is when my batteries will get at 3.7V! And that's what I like seeing when I'm putting them to charge. I have 4 of them and they're rotating flawlessly so far lasting for around 3-4 loads each time.

I will be giving this a try when my Hopper returns!

Regarding mouthpiece.. has anyone seen the glass tube mouthpiece for pinnacle pro?

Yes I have this piece but it's not very easy to fill and will obviously spill if not upright. I keep it hidden in my car for sneaky vape sessions during breaktime at work lol.

It's very smooth. Though because I don't use it much I often misjudge the size of my hit and end up caughing.

biohacker

@voodoo_vape Welcome and thank you for the kind words, they motivate me to do more videos! And that Claisen video WILL come....but it will take me some time.

My Hopper arsenal:

2 Ti GH's (raw & dark grey)
2 SS GH's

3 GHB2 batteries
7 GHB1 batteries

And i'm ordering another bunch of GHB2's (maybe 10?) and silicone mouthpiece sleeves! They are easy to lose once they loosen up, and a new one just looks and feels so luxurious.

So happy to still be on board the Hopper Train! I think i'm in it for the long haul now, and happy I have multiple hoppers. If I lived in the USA, I would be more than content with 2 GH's, however being cross border, for my peace of mind I would have to say that I would be ok with 3 GH's, but 4 is just fun, honestly I don't think you can own too many hoppers...i've been in situations where multiple people could vape simultaneously because I had the extras, and for personal use it sure beats repacking bowls when you have them all lined up and ready to go!

I don't think i'd shell out the extra cash for a Ti over a SS anymore, however it's been the SS that i've experienced the hot ends, although I know it can happen to Ti as well. I can handle it, I think it's more of a contact/conduction issue, as have been all of my problems with these newer hoppers. And with a Lifetime peace of mind, I can just continue to enjoy and fuck around with, and when the time comes, i'll send it in to the lab.

Stay Hopped My friends!

Lou Taylor

@mr.me "Having said all that, I don't think anyone should have just one vape..."

You are so right. At a minimum everyone should have at least 1 plug in and one portable. I use an e-nano and a haze v3 on a near daily basis. both are excellent devices that I just load and go.

I got a shipping notification this AM. apparently HL shipped out my GH just a few hours before I made that post. I'll have it on Thurs! I'm very hopeful that the bugs have been worked out.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Sounds like a bad turkey crack deal - I hope you "got back" safely ;):p:cool:
jk .. Couldn't resist :D

Thanks for the long post, sir! :)

Since there was just a little alcohol involved, getting back coudn't have been safer!!! :haw::science:
Thanks a lot for reading all of it :)

I will be giving this a try when my Hopper returns!

Yes I have this piece but it's not very easy to fill and will obviously spill if not upright. I keep it hidden in my car for sneaky vape sessions during breaktime at work lol.

It's very smooth. Though because I don't use it much I often misjudge the size of my hit and end up caughing.

Hmmm.. yeah I thought that I may have that problem with the misjudgement, but still I strongly believe that it's an ideal on the go smasher without getting your throat messed up.

Something else that I was thinking guys... GH topic should be split I think. It's almost impossible for a new user to sit and read 600 bloody pages.... same with my friend last night.. Where do I start off.. there's no way I'll be reading 600 pages... that was his exact words, and not to blame him for that...
So I think that some posts should be kinda pinned, which some have already been, and then either split this topic or start a version 2.0 topic that someone could participate in the conversation even if he/she is "newbie"...

biohacker

At a minimum everyone should have at least 1 plug in and one portable.

The GH kicks most desktop's asses IME. I've owned most of them, and certainly all the heavy hitters over the past decade and still prefer my GH. If the GH ever had a true PA or battery bypass, that would be as much of a game/life changer for me as the actual GH! One can only hope/dream, but if they are going to use Arizer's model in order to make more money on batteries, it ain't gunna hoppen.

I'm very hopeful that the bugs have been worked out.

:rofl:

Something else that I was thinking guys... GH topic should be split I think. It's almost impossible for a new user to sit and read 600 bloody pages.... same with my friend last night.. Where do I start off.. there's no way I'll be reading 600 pages... that was his exact words, and not to blame him for that...
So I think that some posts should be kinda pinned, which some have already been, and then either split this topic or start a version 2.0 topic that someone could participate in the conversation even if he/she is "newbie"...

No real different than any other thread that is popular. Use the search function or put the time in, otherwise best probably for the mods. I do agree though, and in most other vape threads as well, there should be a separate thread for warranty issues, defects, tips, etc. and then a general happy camper GH thread.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Bats are out of stock at all european vendors since weeks. All are waiting for new stuff from GHL. Do I remember right that GHL got new bats mid of dec? Why doesnt GHL send replacement bats to their distributors at once? Banana pickers! :p

So I'm more than glad that @vapen00b was so nice to send me one of his replacement bats - thx a lot, friend! Eagle has landed! That's the real soul of this great community! :tup:

Finally I can completely empty a 2nd (and 3rd) bowl without arguing with my gf!

dudeGR

Hi everyone, I am @voodoo_vape's friend he mentions in his post above (thanks for the intro mate:p) and as a matter of fact 600 pages were indeed too much to read but we'll get there...eventually.

So, to cut a long story short, I was indeed impressed by the GH and wanted to get one myself but once I've read some pretty unfortunate experiences of other users posted in this topic I was quite disappointed to say the least. First thing crossing my mind was to ask for a refund immediately and look elsewhere until HL fix their product. What is the purpose of it being awesome in every aspect if you have to RMA it every now and then, it's not awesome then it just has some serious potential and at the same time some serious issues for HL to deal with. At this moment I feel like I funded the next and improved version of GH which may fix current version's issues. Atm I am a little bit anxious of what my experience with GH will be. A new customer like me shouldn't feel this way but at the end of the day, it was my choice to spend money on a GH. Let's hope I get lucky!

Excuses like "the pin must have been misplaced during shipping" are frustrating to hear, especially when you pay nearly 300$ and you live overseas. I just can't see myself going back and forth to the post office sending my one and only vape. Yes, it will be my first and only vape, we all have to start from somewhere, right? :)

To ease my friend's mind and for him not to feel "guilty" I decided to wait for the GH to arrive, fingers crossed it wil be working flawlessly as expected. If not, or if it breaks after some use, I will reconsider my options.

Good to be here, looking forward in sharing positive vaping experiences in the future with you all.

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hi everyone, I am @voodoo_vape's friend he mentions in his post above (thanks for the intro mate:p) and as a matter of fact 600 pages were indeed too much to read but we'll get there...eventually.

So, to cut a long story short, I was indeed impressed by the GH and wanted to get one myself but once I've read some pretty unfortunate experiences of other users posted in this topic I was quite disappointed to say the least. First thing crossing my mind was to ask for a refund immediately and look elsewhere until HL fix their product. What is the purpose of it being awesome in every aspect if you have to RMA it every now and then, it's not awesome then it just has some serious potential and at the same time some serious issues for HL to deal with. At this moment I feel like I funded the next and improved version of GH which may fix current version's issues. Atm I am a little bit anxious of what my experience with GH will be. A new customer like me shouldn't feel this way but at the end of the day, it was my choice to spend money on a GH. Let's hope I get lucky!

Excuses like "the pin must have been misplaced during shipping" is frustrating to hear, especially when you pay nearly 300$ and you live overseas. I just can't see myself going back and forth to the post office sending my one and only vape. Yes, it will be my first and only vape, we all have to start from somewhere, right? :)

To ease my friend's mind and for him not to feel "guilty" I decided to wait for the GH to arrive, fingers crossed it wil be working flawlessly as expected. If not, or if it breaks after some use, I will reconsider my options.

Good to be here, looking forward in sharing positive vaping experiences in the future with you all.

Welcome to FC!

Good luck with your order.

Yeh there are people who have had trouble with their hoppers (myself included although minimal 2x RMA's).

However this vape got me off smoking, it's the closest I've experienced in regards to effects to a spliff/joint/bong and I'm still after almost 10 months loving my hopper.

If it gets you off of combustion then it's a winner all round.

I recommend:

tubasco

Excuses like "the pin must have been misplaced during shipping" is frustrating to hear, especially when you pay nearly 300$ and you live overseas. I just can't see myself going back and forth to the post office sending my one and only vape. Yes, it will be my first and only vape, we all have to start from somewhere, right? :)

This is as good a time as any to post this.

First off, Welcome @dudeGR !

I've been withholding from posting this in fear of jinxing myself, but here goes: my new Ti backend is simply amazing. I don't have to fuss with it at all to get it to work properly. The dial is smooth.

It. Just. Works. And it doesn't even get slightly warm. Not even a little. Also, my blue light doesn't flicker one bit...and it barely even flickers once before I get the flashing red battery dead light. And my GHB2's last for at least 4 chambers worth...about 3 long pulls through glass or crafty mod for each chamber..MUCH better than when the backend was getting warm. This backend was totally worth the 6 week wait!!

This thing works better now than it ever did before...even when I thought it was working well.

It seems like they fixed their build issues! Fingers crossed it lasts this way...

EDIT: oh, and the actual clicker is smooooth now. Used to be a little wonky, until it finally stopped functioning completely. And I can hardly hear the heater "ticking"... it used to be that I had to fuss with the backend to make the ticking LOUD, which consistently produced better vapor. Now I just have great vapor and almost inaudible ticking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom