Discontinued The Grasshopper

Elac

Silly rabbit trips are for kids
@UnshavenFish : Did the magnetic ring on the bottom of the backend break?
3YZ7WLx.jpg

I don't see it present in your posted pics.
Also if it's not a bother, could you please post a couple of close up shots of the guts of the backend?

Elac,
Reactions: btka

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hi, just wondering why I can't use vapefiend for warranty service as I was told at time of purchase this would be the case, it's also the only reason I felt comfortable purchasing the hopper knowing I would likely need to use the warranty due to multiple reports of failure, I would like to know if this is going to be how warranty is handled going forward as if this is the case its not only going to cost me more with regards to shipping but also greatly increase turnaround time, and while it's my favourite and most used vape I don't know if all that extra hassle and cost is going to be worth my time, I'm also curious what my body, mouthpiece, charger and cell could tell you as I can't see how they could affect the backend coming apart so not sure how testing these parts can determine what is causing my malfunction when it's more a mechanical issue also I don't use the included charger, if I have to I will send it in this time but after that if I can't use vapefiend I will probably just write the vape off and cut my losses, also if you require me to send any of my cells/batteries I will require more detailed information on the specs to make sure I am compliant with UK law, thanks in advance.

Don't worry! If you don't specifically mention that you are a Vapefiend customer when posting your warranty request, HL will assume that you bought the Hopper from them, and will ask you to send it to them.

I'm sure they will confirm this when they reply to you. It is totally fine to send any faulty Grasshopper components to Vapefiend for servicing and/or replacement if you bought the Grasshopper at Vapefiend.

Al..

So for the first time I'm not a happy hopper (at least until I hear back from HL) :rant:

I can deal with the multiple warranty requests, after all I knew what I was getting into and none of my other vapes have ever needed warranty (even my original crafty is still going strong one month away from being out of warranty) so figured I was due my turn, I purchased from vapefiend in April and only did so because they were able to deal with any warranty request, had this not been the case I probably would not have purchased the hopper due to extra cost and long turnaround time.

After many failures all dealt with by @VapeFiend.com (can't praise them enough :clap:) this happened...

2rnhhkj.jpg

While changing temp the top part of the backend flew across the room, I seem to have found all the bits but it won't go back together without falling apart again when trying to screw back onto the body, figured oh well no big deal, checked with vapefiend and they had replacement backends so put in another warranty request confident that I would just need a new backend, today HL requested that I send back everything (hopper, charger and battery) to them for testing :doh: even if I ignore the extra cost and time it will take sending over the pond compared with vapefiend like usual I really don't see how testing anything other than the backend will be helpful, I mean it's not like they could cause this :bang:

This was my response to their request...

Hi, just wondering why I can't use vapefiend for warranty service as I was told at time of purchase this would be the case, it's also the only reason I felt comfortable purchasing the hopper knowing I would likely need to use the warranty due to multiple reports of failure, I would like to know if this is going to be how warranty is handled going forward as if this is the case its not only going to cost me more with regards to shipping but also greatly increase turnaround time, and while it's my favourite and most used vape I don't know if all that extra hassle and cost is going to be worth my time, I'm also curious what my body, mouthpiece, charger and cell could tell you as I can't see how they could affect the backend coming apart so not sure how testing these parts can determine what is causing my malfunction when it's more a mechanical issue also I don't use the included charger, if I have to I will send it in this time but after that if I can't use vapefiend I will probably just write the vape off and cut my losses, also if you require me to send any of my cells/batteries I will require more detailed information on the specs to make sure I am compliant with UK law, thanks in advance.

I don't want to come across like a dick but it's a bit frustrating when the longest it has worked is 2 month and now for some reason they want me to pay more and wait longer to get it working again, if this is the new norm I don't think I can be bothered with it, I love it and all but don't want to deal with long turn around time when that's the reason I bought from vapefiend in the first place, so this may be my last warranty before it goes in a draw to be forgotten about :cry:

While I'm here...

24l802c.jpg

Looks like some sort of adhesive? is used in the backend, I don't see this as an issue because of where it is but know some people like to know about what's going on inside, if in future I am expected to ship warranty claims to HL from the UK I probably won't bother so I may at some point open her up to take a peek at the mythical heater setup, time will tell.

2wqac68.jpg

xap5sh.jpg
Don't worry! If you don't specifically mention that you are a Vapefiend customer when posting your warranty request, HL will assume that you bought the Hopper from them, and will ask you to send it to them.

I'm sure they will confirm this when they reply to you. It is totally fine to send any faulty Grasshopper components to Vapefiend for servicing and/or replacement if you bought the Grasshopper at Vapefiend.
Hi Vapefiend this was my reply from hopper labs....It seems likely that there is something else going on with your Hopper. Vapefiend is only able to offer limited service options, but here in the states, we can run full diagnostics. Due to this, please follow the instructions below to return your Hopper to Hopper Labs for warranty service so I can ensure the device is fully operational before returning it to you. If you have any questions here, please let me know. We just want to ensure you have the best possible experience and warranty trouble every few months is not the best possible experience.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Was over at delta3d checking out the GH case and I think this was just added. Or maybe I never noticed it?
http://delta3dstudios.com/grasshopper-mini-charging-dock/

I don't use the cable but still thought it looked pretty cool

It's brand new. Ratchett's pretty swamped these days and working hard to fill orders. I've got one coming so I'll give a report when I get it.

Thanks @slcbdco ..... I can't take this anymore. :bang: All the best everyone.

Sorry to hear that, biohacker, but I understand your frustration. I am now convinced that my SS performance has definitely degraded since I got it back from the lab. They couldn't duplicate the failure I experienced but since I got it back the back end gets super hot super quick, it takes longer to reach temp (even when already warm), and vapor production has weakened, with ABV nowhere near as even and lots of green left after vaping. I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it fails completely but until then I'm afraid if I send it in I'll get a "working within normal parameters" result. So, how do I get it to fail completely without wasting time and material by actually using it to vape? Perhaps I'll ask Caroline what she thinks of my situation.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Hi Vapefiend this was my reply from hopper labs....It seems likely that there is something else going on with your Hopper. Vapefiend is only able to offer limited service options, but here in the states, we can run full diagnostics. Due to this, please follow the instructions below to return your Hopper to Hopper Labs for warranty service so I can ensure the device is fully operational before returning it to you. If you have any questions here, please let me know. We just want to ensure you have the best possible experience and warranty trouble every few months is not the best possible experience.

I'm sorry, I probably spoke to soon in this case. It is true that there are certain complicated cases that we don't have the equipment to solve here at Vapefiend. It does seem like HL want to run some extensive tests on your unit that only they can do. I'm sorry for the confusion!

Gramin

qzUXEFH.jpg

Here is the post. His lack of communication is what has me a bit panicked about my batt order... I'm sure it will turn out ok though just gotta chill...

Gramin,

tubasco

like @Icon13 said warranty is real fast... they will send it to you back the same day they receive it or the next day....

@UnshavenFish I do not know the law in gb... but in my country the shop where you did buy your gh have to send and deal with warranty and HL (at least for 2 years since your purchase)... so you should only have to send it to vapefiend and they have to send it to HL...

I bought my ghs from HL and it seems they ask you nowadays to send in the whole hopper, battery and charger..
they seem to have changed their warranty policy... also they will check your whole hopper, charger and batteries I think...
Just a note on warranty speed: I've been waiting 5 weeks for a replacement green Ti backend. Mine stopped clicking, and would sometimes stay on. Obviously an issue with the spring. A week or so ago I was told that they were waiting on a "highly specialized part" so they could assemble my backend, and to expect shipping next week.

I got an email with tracking 2 days ago, and my package just arrived this morning!

The only problem is it contains a Body, and not a Backend. :doh:

Lou Taylor

I share your concern over communication with HL. Their website shows my order has been "Processed" but I
have yet to receive any type of shipping confirmation or tracking info. I did receive an email asking to verify my address. crossing fingers it's on the way.

Lou Taylor,

moondog

Just a note on warranty speed: I've been waiting 5 weeks for a replacement green Ti backend. Mine stopped clicking, and would sometimes stay on. Obviously an issue with the spring. A week or so ago I was told that they were waiting on a "highly specialized part" so they could assemble my backend, and to expect shipping next week.

I got an email with tracking 2 days ago, and my package just arrived this morning!

The only problem is it contains a Body, and not a Backend. :doh:
There seems to be mounting evidence that GHL CS and warranty infrastructure is being stressed at the moment. Hopefully they will iron out these hiccups.

I share your concern over communication with HL. Their website shows my order has been "Processed" but I
have yet to receive any type of shipping confirmation or tracking info. I did receive an email asking to verify my address. crossing fingers it's on the way.

The next step is that you will receive a shipping confirmation. That could take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks (or longer) depending on what you ordered and whether parts are in stock.

armani

Professional Stoner
I went to the post office today to send my cop light hopper to hopper labs, later on my way home i check my mailbox, i had received my battery's after 2 months of ordering, now i have 2 battery's and no hopper.....Is this a prank? :lol:

Last edited:

Pharoh

I ordered one of the Heat treated Ti GH on Monday (Jan 23) and received it today (23rd).. I can't complain of the fast shipping...It was a bit pricey but I've been wanting to add one to my collection....I have Mighty and Pax2...Love them both......I will take the GH for a test drive this evening ....

jabba

I'm sure that this post will be sucked into the vacuum created by all of the GH problem posts....but I must say....I still absolutely love BOTH my Ti and my SS Gh's. I certainly sympathize with the folks having issues with their units.....and I don't mean to downplay your issues.

My new order of GHB2 batteries have SUBSTANTIALLY improved my battery life....a WHOLE LOT!!
My back-ends get warm...my lights flicker...who cares? The thing works GREAT...FAST...and POWERFUL.
I'm not OCD about this thing's idiosyncracies....and I haven't had complete failures. I've learned to live with the Hopper's idiosyncracies which don't alter the function of the device. I use both Ti and SS...and I don't abuse either of them. Awesome performance and form factor.....and no....I am not a paid spokesperson.

Don't flame me for thoroughly enjoying my Hoppers. I just checked back into this thread during the last couple of days. There should really be another thread for folks without complaints....cuz we do exist.

moondog

I'm sure that this post will be sucked into the vacuum created by all of the GH problem posts....but I must say....I still absolutely love BOTH my Ti and my SS Gh's. I certainly sympathize with the folks having issues with their units.....and I don't mean to downplay your issues.

My new order of GHB2 batteries have SUBSTANTIALLY improved my battery life....a WHOLE LOT!!
My back-ends get warm...my lights flicker...who cares? The thing works GREAT...FAST...and POWERFUL.
I'm not OCD about this thing's idiosyncracies....and I haven't had complete failures. I've learned to live with the Hopper's idiosyncracies which don't alter the function of the device. I use both Ti and SS...and I don't abuse either of them. Awesome performance and form factor.....and no....I am not a paid spokesperson.

Don't flame me for thoroughly enjoying my Hoppers. I just checked back into this thread during the last couple of days. There should really be another thread for folks without complaints....cuz we do exist.
I'm glad you're still having such a positive experience. I still love mine even though my SS (the one I prefer) has entered the twilight zone of failing but not completely.

I think it's good that this thread contains both the highs and the lows. Anyone considering climbing aboard the Hoppercoaster should know what they're in for. "Are you vaperist enough for a Hopper?"

jabba

I'm glad you're still having such a positive experience. I still love mine even though my SS (the one I prefer) has entered the twilight zone of failing but not completely.

I think it's good that this thread contains both the highs and the lows. Anyone considering climbing aboard the Hoppercoaster should know what they're in for. "Are you vaperist enough for a Hopper?"

I have a difficult time recommending the Hopper due to all the negative situations that we see posted. I don't want to recommend to a friend and place them in warranty hell....or worse. That said, every time someone tries mine...they are sold quickly. I continue to marvel at the device...and it just works so damn well. You don't have to be "vaperist enough"....as a matter of fact...part of the charm of the GH is its ease of use, very very wide margin for user error.....and SO LITTLE maintenance. Love mine.

I've had a Firewood, PAX, and FF2. I've tried many others. There is no competition imo for this combination of build quality, stealth, function, and power. No competition whatsoever.

AJS

Calm Consistency
regarding milaana some fc members if I am remembering correctly for example @AJS stated that they get bigger clouds from gh then milaana and AJS really likes his milaana a lot in my opinion...
Given the regulated nature of the GH and the fact you can pack more, the GH will inevitably produce larger clouds with a long enough pull. With that said, I can produce the cloud size that I like (which is pretty damn fat) faster with the milaana, but technically the GH can produce bigger over time ... which is the exact reason my friends prefer the GH to the Milaana.
The GH is a total beast!

Pharoh

I have a difficult time recommending the Hopper due to all the negative situations that we see posted. I don't want to recommend to a friend and place them in warranty hell....or worse. That said, every time someone tries mine...they are sold quickly. I continue to marvel at the device...and it just works so damn well. You don't have to be "vaperist enough"....as a matter of fact...part of the charm of the GH is its ease of use, very very wide margin for user error.....and SO LITTLE maintenance. Love mine.

I've had a Firewood, PAX, and FF2. I've tried many others. There is no competition imo for this combination of build quality, stealth, function, and power. No competition whatsoever.
Generally forums are often used to vent problems.. If everybody that was happy and not having issues posted positives, the negatives would be swamped...but...I do like hearing of issues and remedies for our devices....Knock on wood...I just received mine today and will test drive it this evening ...I'd hate to have an issue after paying the high price....I'll follow-up later....

sixstringsmash

Just received the heat treated TI hopper. Here are some pictures:

pUTkw0V.jpg
Ff9cLUi.jpg

ocZle9k.jpg

I'm digging the aesthetic so far, really gives a kind of steampunk look to the hopper. Hopefully(knock on wood) there aren't any outstanding issues with this device. I have the batteries charging now and only time will tell!

EDIT: Well now I'm pretty upset. Unless they just don't use them anymore I believe the top screen that gets attached to my mouthpiece was never installed! Here's what I'm talking about!

Rtq69JX.jpg

If you look through the hole you can tell that there is just no screen there. Anytime I inhale all I get are scooby snacks! On top of that every time I try to register the hopper on their website it says it's an invalid serial number.... I bought it directly from GHL so HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

pUTkw0V.jpg
Ff9cLUi.jpg

ocZle9k.jpg

I'm digging the aesthetic so far, really gives a kind of steampunk look to the hopper. Hopefully(knock on wood) there aren't any outstanding issues with this device. I have the batteries charging now and only time will tell!

EDIT: Well now I'm pretty upset. Unless they just don't use them anymore I believe the top screen that gets attached to my mouthpiece was never installed! Here's what I'm talking about!

Rtq69JX.jpg

If you look through the hole you can tell that there is just no screen there. Anytime I inhale all I get are scooby snacks! On top of that every time I try to register the hopper on their website it says it's an invalid serial number.... I bought it directly from GHL so HOW DID THIS HAPPEN

Everytime I feel HL are about to get their processes down and a great product out, a post like this appears.

@sixstringsmash sorry to see you've been let down. Considering the premium nature (price) of the HT Hoppers I can't believe they managed to fuck this order up. Talk about snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

I do love my hopper but I still don't have the confidence in HL to recommend their product.

Mr. Me2

pUTkw0V.jpg
Ff9cLUi.jpg

ocZle9k.jpg

Rtq69JX.jpg

I'm pretty sure that with a warranty claim, they need 2 numbers from you; the one on the box and the one on your gh. Are you sure you giving them the correct number?

If that doesn't work, I think you should just email Caroline (I think it's Caroline @grasshoppervape.com). I'll be surprised if she doesn't respond and help resolve quickly.

And from your pics, it does look like the screen assembly is missing. So sorry about that!

sixstringsmash

Everytime I feel HL are about to get their processes down and a great product out, a post like this appears.

@sixstringsmash sorry to see you've been let down. Considering the premium nature (price) of the HT Hoppers I can't believe they managed to fuck this order up. Talk about snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

I do love my hopper but I still don't have the confidence in HL to recommend their product.

I'm pretty sure that with a warranty claim, they need 2 numbers from you; the one on the box and the one on your gh. Are you sure you giving them the correct number?

If that doesn't work, I think you should just email Caroline (I think it's Caroline @grasshoppervape.com). I'll be surprised if she doesn't respond and help resolve quickly.

And from your pics, it does look like the screen assembly is missing. So sorry about that!

Yeah I input the S/N and the ID code on the box. It says the ID code is valid but the S/N is invalid, I figure I'll just wait for a response. Also I emailed support@grasshoppervape.com. Would using the Caroline@grasshoppervape.com be quicker you think? Also also thanks for the kind words!

johnnyCanuck

BTW I am always trying to keep my hopper in a position like this...

because I have observed resin is coming out of the tip of my mp and always worried if i would keep it in the other direction this resin maybe will run in the heater or gunk up a sensor...

next time i will put a parchment paper there to collect the resin... so the hopper does also a sort of rosin oil haaaaaaahaaa
but after all all this babying did not help keeping my hoppers working!!!!!!!

BTW HL responded to my warranty claim and want me to send in the whole hopper with charger and battery as it seems they have changed their warranty policy and are not sending anymore replacement parts and you have to send back your broken part when you receive it yehhh until now 70 euros costs sending them my broken ghs... and the costs doubled after they want me to send in the whole gh, charger and battery normally I paid 10 euros sending them the broken body only... but the charger is too big and if I am sending it like they asked for I pay now 20 euros... ok find away to send it with the charger for 10 euros then the 20 euros, will send it in a bubble bag without the original packaging this time...

About a month ago, I was having problems with my hopper while using it on the ski hill. I'd have the cop lights or immediate blue light on the first or up to three clicks. This was happening for the next two weeks so I was starting to get worried that it was slowly dying. I always used it without the condom.

About 1.5 weeks ago, I decided to use the condom. Took much longer draws (25+ seconds) and made sure I clicked the hopper off during the last 5-7 seconds. I kept the draw going until the air Intake was noticeably cooler.

Low and behold, a day or so later, flashing cop lights or immediate blue light have completely disappeared. Works like it should! (Received July 2016 Ti and no warranties). I was also wondering whether resin was influencing the sensor or internal components as well.

BTW. I've always had the Blue flickering lights since using the GHB2s so I don't see that as a problem at all.

Mr. Me2

Yeah I input the S/N and the ID code on the box. It says the ID code is valid but the S/N is invalid, I figure I'll just wait for a response. Also I emailed support@grasshoppervape.com. Would using the Caroline@grasshoppervape.com be quicker you think? Also also thanks for the kind words!
I've had very good experience emailing Caroline. And I think your problem is a real outlier and they'll want to correct it quickly. Let's hope!

Top Bottom