Discontinued The Grasshopper

MoltenTiger

Ouch!

PBW does a tremendous job on all my equipment. Better than ISO.
Just remember to use a glass container for the PBW mixture.
DO NOT USE A METAL CONTAINER! When I soaked my titanium mp in a stainless steel bowl, it discolored my mouthpiece where it touched the metal.
did it affect the stainless?

I've heard PBW can take off Ti signatures on glass, and also when I got a Silver fumed banger hanger, I was told that PBW can strip the silver from the glass also

MoltenTiger,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
BTW HL responded to my warranty claim and want me to send in the whole hopper with charger and battery as it seems they have changed their warranty policy and are not sending anymore replacement parts and you have to send back your broken part when you receive it yehhh until now 70 euros costs sending them my broken ghs... and the costs doubled after they want me to send in the whole gh, charger and battery normally I paid 10 euros sending them the broken body only... but the charger is too big and if I am sending it like they asked for I pay now 20 euros... ok find away to send it with the charger for 10 euros then the 20 euros, will send it in a bubble bag without the original packaging this time...

Thats the reason why I did'nt order this little capricious beast directly at GHL as I intended to do and bought it at a german shop for an add in the amount of shipping costs for 1 1/2 big warranty claims.
Now THEY have to solve all my probs with the Hopper the next two years! Feeling much better this way..

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
This was the third damage since June 16. I spent quite some money on shipping and could not use it for some 6 weeks in total, so I didn't even use it for 6 months. This is beyond Gewährleistung.

Sorry, thats not true. Its 2 years. After 6 months there is just a kind of reversal of the burden of proof.

For sure a vendor is trying to negote his responsibilty.

Yes, I know. :doh: My point was about "destructive" language being used so that it becomes normalized. It's especially insidious when it's used out of context. "I wasn't talking about women, I was talking about..." but if a woman who had been physically abused had read that, I wonder if she would see it as OK.

I'd wish all senses of the americans would be so sensible as their sense for pc ;)

:cheers:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
BTW I am always trying to keep my hopper in a position like this...

because I have observed resin is coming out of the tip of my mp and always worried if i would keep it in the other direction this resin maybe will run in the heater or gunk up a sensor...

next time i will put a parchment paper there to collect the resin... so the hopper does also a sort of rosin oil haaaaaaahaaa
but after all all this babying did not help keeping my hoppers working!!!!!!!

BTW HL responded to my warranty claim and want me to send in the whole hopper with charger and battery as it seems they have changed their warranty policy and are not sending anymore replacement parts and you have to send back your broken part when you receive it yehhh until now 70 euros costs sending them my broken ghs... and the costs doubled after they want me to send in the whole gh, charger and battery normally I paid 10 euros sending them the broken body only... but the charger is too big and if I am sending it like they asked for I pay now 20 euros... ok find away to send it with the charger for 10 euros then the 20 euros, will send it in a bubble bag without the original packaging this time...
yes, after several high temp hits, inverted, there has then been oil dripping from mp, even when simply horizontal.
This speaks to the deep cleaning the mp needs sometimes because this is building inside. 24 hr iso soak did not suffice.

Btw, I believe inverted use is good at high temp, for this reason.

As to whether it will hurt if dripped inside, this is a good question. HL seems to think an empty sesh on 5 will clean it.

I'd wish all senses of the americans would be so sensible as their sense for pc ;)
I have to respond that I see @moondog 's point completely. It has nothing to do with "politically correct". That's become such a jaded term it should be discarded altogether.
While I understand that you are being complimentary, @moondog is speaking about respecting fellow human beings when using language; he's not harping on any politically sanctioned right or wrong.
In the vernacular, slapping a bitch is what a pimp would do to one of his hookers. The term, in any context, is charged with violence and subordination of women.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
:cheers:

I recognize that you speak/write my native language WAAAAY better than I speak/write yours, so the "fault" of not understanding is entirely my own, but I'm not sure I understand your comment and hope you can explain it to me. Thanks.

moondog,

JoeMama

Except that I'm having these problems with an "old" stiff back end. (Boy, does that sentence present possibilities...)

Innuendo aside (:brow:), that stiff backend issue was what I'd sent in my raw Ti for... it is coming back with a new backend.

Anyway, I gave my SS a good thorough blu-tacking because I was noticing that every time I unscrewed my mouthpiece (even with an empty chamber) the body threads would show lots of debris. I didn't pull off too much gunk but I'm guessing there's enough stuff up near the screen to leave some on the threads. So now I'm giving my SS mouthpiece a good long iso soak. I'm tempted to take an iso damp Q-tip to the chamber (holding it upside down, of course) but GHL's admonition against that has got me spooked.

I have found that every few weeks, in spite of the threads looking clean after Blue Tac, there is still some oxidation in there that is just too hard to pick up for some reason... So I use a little DeToxit on the threads, screw the backend to the body (no battery, 'course), and twist the threads back and forth (unscrew, screw, rinse, lather, repeat), then separate them and wipe thoroughly. Then I finish up with ISO to make it minty fresh.

A big thank you to @McQuack for the GH stand idea he posted here The Grasshopper stand .

I got bored this weekend and decided to use some of my nice Amboyna Burl wood to try making a desk stand for my GH.
Sorry for the HUGE pics, was trying to show off the wood grain.

VobCZUk.jpg

AAudMgk.jpg

tMBGRl0.jpg

VWVlIRH.jpg

hgSkkpn.jpg

That is a beautiful piece of work, Vapehunter...

One thing about charging the Hopper upside-down is that the resins from a warm chamber will seep towards the heater. Much as I like the idea of a little stand, I'm afraid to take that chance.

Agreed. I sent both my charger and the battery with mine even though I've never used the charger once. I put the battery and hopper in separate bubble wrap bags inside the envelope. (I'll probably politely decline to send the charger next time they ask.) When they sent the unit back, the battery was inside the hopper but the mouthpiece was off and packed separately. Without the mouthpiece on there's no complete circuit and therefore no danger? (Asking because I really don't know.)

I got mine back intact, so I don't think so... perhaps its a personal preference of the tech who did the test. Besides, there is no current flowing between the MP and the body. Just the backend and the body.

UnshavenFish

So for the first time I'm not a happy hopper (at least until I hear back from HL) :rant:

I can deal with the multiple warranty requests, after all I knew what I was getting into and none of my other vapes have ever needed warranty (even my original crafty is still going strong one month away from being out of warranty) so figured I was due my turn, I purchased from vapefiend in April and only did so because they were able to deal with any warranty request, had this not been the case I probably would not have purchased the hopper due to extra cost and long turnaround time.

After many failures all dealt with by @VapeFiend.com (can't praise them enough :clap:) this happened...

2rnhhkj.jpg

While changing temp the top part of the backend flew across the room, I seem to have found all the bits but it won't go back together without falling apart again when trying to screw back onto the body, figured oh well no big deal, checked with vapefiend and they had replacement backends so put in another warranty request confident that I would just need a new backend, today HL requested that I send back everything (hopper, charger and battery) to them for testing :doh: even if I ignore the extra cost and time it will take sending over the pond compared with vapefiend like usual I really don't see how testing anything other than the backend will be helpful, I mean it's not like they could cause this :bang:

This was my response to their request...

Hi, just wondering why I can't use vapefiend for warranty service as I was told at time of purchase this would be the case, it's also the only reason I felt comfortable purchasing the hopper knowing I would likely need to use the warranty due to multiple reports of failure, I would like to know if this is going to be how warranty is handled going forward as if this is the case its not only going to cost me more with regards to shipping but also greatly increase turnaround time, and while it's my favourite and most used vape I don't know if all that extra hassle and cost is going to be worth my time, I'm also curious what my body, mouthpiece, charger and cell could tell you as I can't see how they could affect the backend coming apart so not sure how testing these parts can determine what is causing my malfunction when it's more a mechanical issue also I don't use the included charger, if I have to I will send it in this time but after that if I can't use vapefiend I will probably just write the vape off and cut my losses, also if you require me to send any of my cells/batteries I will require more detailed information on the specs to make sure I am compliant with UK law, thanks in advance.

I don't want to come across like a dick but it's a bit frustrating when the longest it has worked is 2 month and now for some reason they want me to pay more and wait longer to get it working again, if this is the new norm I don't think I can be bothered with it, I love it and all but don't want to deal with long turn around time when that's the reason I bought from vapefiend in the first place, so this may be my last warranty before it goes in a draw to be forgotten about :cry:

While I'm here...

24l802c.jpg

Looks like some sort of adhesive? is used in the backend, I don't see this as an issue because of where it is but know some people like to know about what's going on inside, if in future I am expected to ship warranty claims to HL from the UK I probably won't bother so I may at some point open her up to take a peek at the mythical heater setup, time will tell.

2wqac68.jpg

xap5sh.jpg

Gramin

Someone on Reddit claimed it was "glued together" and his post was downvoted to obscurity.

I'm still trying to get Caroline to respond to my battery order update. I've now sent 3 emails asking what is happening and I've got nothing back.

This is the closest I've ever been to tossing the GH in the bin and moving on. I've really just about had enough with this vape.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
one of my hoppers 'sings' sometimes when i screw on the back end. almost sounds like someone starting to imitate a bomb drop... is that a bad sign//// it does seem to get more warm than my other hopper as well

I'm still trying to get Caroline to respond to my battery order update. I've now sent 3 emails asking what is happening and I've got nothing back.

lol... i got an email from her for an issue that they already resolved a week or so ago... kind of shows how unorganized they are... but i would urge people to chill on the unnecessary emails and let them catch up with their inboxes when they can.... it's like constantly clicking when your computer is slow, you're just slowing things down more and bogging down the system. they have your order they'll send it to you when you're up

Gramin

one of my hoppers 'sings' sometimes when i screw on the back end. almost sounds like someone starting to imitate a bomb drop... is that a bad sign//// it does seem to get more warm than my other hopper as well

lol... i got an email from her for an issue that they already resolved a week or so ago... kind of shows how unorganized they are... but i would urge people to chill on the unnecessary emails and let them catch up with their inboxes when they can.... it's like constantly clicking when your computer is slow, you're just slowing things down more and bogging down the system. they have your order they'll send it to you when you're up

I understand your point for sure and agree but I've had this order placed since the 2nd and last I've heard it was "Supposed to have been picked up by DHL." Now I'm concerned that $100 of my money has been wasted on 5 lousy batteries...

Gramin,
Reactions: Hjalmark

armani

Professional Stoner
Sent my hopper for the first time for warranty, they claim in the e-mail that it will only take 4 to 5 business days from they receive it and sent it back....

Knowing this company on delivering time from new items they sell.... can this be that they actually do warranty cases that fast?

armani,

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Sent my hopper for the first time for warranty, they claim in the e-mail that it will only take 4 to 5 business days from they receive it and sent it back....

Knowing this company on delivering time from new items they sell.... can this be that they actually do warranty cases that fast?

Warranty is fast. They usually ship it back out the same day or next day of receiving. Depends what time of the day they receive it. So it really depends how far you're located. Realistically, one week. Of course, what method you send it matters too. I use the USPS cheapest method from the Bay Area.

btka

like @Icon13 said warranty is real fast... they will send it to you back the same day they receive it or the next day....

@UnshavenFish I do not know the law in gb... but in my country the shop where you did buy your gh have to send and deal with warranty and HL (at least for 2 years since your purchase)... so you should only have to send it to vapefiend and they have to send it to HL...

I bought my ghs from HL and it seems they ask you nowadays to send in the whole hopper, battery and charger..
they seem to have changed their warranty policy... also they will check your whole hopper, charger and batteries I think...

Last edited:

armani

Professional Stoner
I'm happy to hear that the warranty cases are handled so quickly :)

I really want to buy another one while mine is being sent to warranty and in the future if it happens again (as im understanding this is matter of time)
I love my Arizer EQ with the ddave mod, but grasshopper was so much more convenient in many situations outside in the car and even at home.

The questions is:

1. How is the latest batch that are being sent out now, is the failure rate smaller now compared to just a few months ago.

2. Should i just buy another portable as an reserve instead of another hopper?

btka

I'm happy to hear that the warranty cases are handled so quickly :)

I really want to buy another one while mine is being sent to warranty and in the future if it happens again (as im understanding this is matter of time)
I love my Arizer EQ with the ddave mod, but grasshopper was so much more convenient in many situations outside in the car and even at home.

The questions is:

1. How is the latest batch that are being sent out now, is the failure rate smaller now compared to just a few months ago.

1.) nobody serious can tell this... only HL

2.)I also have a second hopper (was thinking of buyingna third one, sold almost all vapes after receiving my ghs)
I do not know a vape which is as good as the hopper when working and I owned a lot (for example: cera, pax, volcano, nano, fw3, crafty, lotus, vapcap, vapman...) but if you find a vape whichnis as good as the hopper please tell me..

if youndecide tombuy a second Inwould suggest to buy it before feb. because HL is planning to increae the price

biohacker

Someone on Reddit claimed it was "glued together" and his post was downvoted to obscurity.

Was this the same guy that claimed that there was some sort of "adhesive" holding the back end together?

I can't confirm, but my experience with recent stock has not been good. Not sure how recent, but they are recent enough to have GHb2 batteries and the newer version charger. It also has the super smooth back end dial (ti smoother than the ss). My issue is inconsistent performance, flickering blue led, and hot backends. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't, and when it does it's usually on the second try. Both new ti and ss function the same. I'm tired of testing and trying to get them to work like they are supposed to (like my older ones) and I know exactly what's going to happen with an RMA. I'm fucked, I have to either sell at a loss because someone else will likely have to RMA, or do the RMA myself and :bang: constantly. I've put the 2 new hoppers aside while I decide what to do, and in the meantime enjoy my 2 original hoppers while they still work properly (no blue led flickering and milky hits every time).

I originally wanted two hoppers so I had a backup and just an extra ready to go. I was so hyped on them that I purchased another 2 (which was a mistake), so I would just go with another portable as reserve instead.

My GH honeymoon is officially over. Still loving it, but the mixed emotions are starting to surface, especially the more time I spend on reddit.

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
The newer units are not only more durable, the incremental improvemts have also been increasing battery life.

Annecdotally, among my group of friends, 8 of us have grasshoppers, 3 bough as backers or very early pre-orders, all 3 of us have had at least 1 RMA. The other 4 were bought in the last 6 months and among that subset only 1 has had an issue (which turned out to just be the charger actually not the unit itself) so again annecdottaly, i've noticed a significant improvement in recent batches, going from 3 out of 4 failure to only 1ish out of 4 for an imperfection and zero unit failures.

I was at GHL earlier this week and got to try the bong adapter, I think people who have not come up with a solution they're happy with will love. I also suspect some folks will just use that as an alternative mouthpiece natively.

It definitely does not like a regular pen with the adaptar mouthpiece though.

Top Bottom