Discontinued The Grasshopper

MoltenTiger

Another hopper body on its way to me.
It seems that improper cleaning technique is the culprit of a lot of the sensor issues, after a bit of back and forth over the details of how I cleaned it, Caroline said this
"I will send you a new Body. Follow the instructions below to return your original Body. Always be careful not to get any liquid on the screen in the Body as it can leak into the heater."
(I did specifically say I tried to avoid this, but I know I've done it before)

Just a heads up to hopper users, be super careful in the cleaning process.

Looking forward to HLs next blog post detailing proper cleaning technique

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yesterday in the evening I've started some secret (care of my GF, it will be her X-Mas gift!) trials with the Hopper.
3 different strains, different grades of grinding, every time fluffy packed, 1/2 to 3/4 filled but never got considerable clouds. Not even on Temp 5 with a water tool!?
There was no milk, its was just - light hazy
Dialing 5 and using a water tool ABV still stay greenish to light brown after vaping the whole load in 3-4 draws for nearly 20 sec?
Pretty disapointing but was stoned like hell. So less material and so baked!
I've tested a GH in June there was so much vapor that I was very delighted with my first Hopper experience and I've started at once entering FC for more researches about this piece.
I'm a little bit more than a little bit unlucky.....:cry:

Just a heads up to hopper users, be super careful in the cleaning process.

Looking forward to HLs next blog post detailing proper cleaning technique

I'm waiting too. Wondering that nobody here has make such a tutorial up to now!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hogni,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Techn!d0n

How is this possible? A full battery on your nitegear causes performance to go through the roof compared to a full battery on the included oem stock charger?

From what I think that the l-ion batteries have a memory. I believe that trickle charge from the USB charger is not as consistent as the nitegear charger. Because I've had this for almost a week and have noticed that with the nitegear I get 4-5 packed bowls with the USB 2-3. No pulling stuff on you. Also this thing with concentrate..... WOW!! :o:whoa::rofl:

MoltenTiger

I'm waiting too. Wondering that nobody here has make such a tutorial up to now!?
I guess it has exposed itself as a real problem, there certainly are a lot of sensor issues and it correlates with my usage if cleaning is a major cause

I got 3 hoppers with my original pre-order, and had one 5 months before they arrived.
The two others from my pre-order went to other people.
They still have their original units (that homogeneous look is so nice compared to my frankensteins haha!)
But, neither of them have cleaned them yet (at least, I believe not).
I definitely use mine more often, but I reckon 2 or 3 of my 4 unit errors happened after a clean.

Last edited:

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I also had an experience where both my units failed within a few days of a "deep clean".

I've changed my ways though, I only use a dry q-tip in the chamber and as for the mouthpiece I still soak it in ISO but ensure it's thoroughly dry before putting it anywhere near my grasshopper and so far so good!

A little caution will spare a little pain hoppers!

perennialflare

so I got to try mine through a water piece... it's amazing! I think the bong I was using was a 12mm joint (14mm NonG/GonG don't quite fit, anyways) and just like I predicted the hopper + silicone tip still made a nice, easy to hold seal. It's impressive how hard you can rip with it. The siblings were pretty impressed with it too from pure ease of use and form factor. It's so small and light, and you can go so quickly from off to taking a hit. I already knew about it's quick heat up time, but I hadn't realized how much time is saved by having it turn fully on with just 1 click. My little bro rarely ever wants more than a couple small hits off anything (he and I both have sensitive throats, but I have more practice managing it) but he actually had an entire bowl and a half because he enjoyed using it so much. My older bro was more impressed by the ability to turn it on so quickly/simply and just take a really big hit before turning it off and setting it down again.

basically, reporting in to say it works great and I'm very happy so far and will probably cry if it breaks on me anytime soon.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Received a Ti hopper last week!

Within 12 hours I was having issues.

Thought my charger might not be working so I put it on the mod charger, still didn't heat up. Left it in the GH charger for a few hours and came back was able to vape a few bowls but it was making a clicking noise. Next morning it would only turn on and heat once every 5-10 times I turned it on...... tried cleaning threads and stuff with contact cleaner and it still has the same issue :(

Anyone know the voltage cut out for low battery?

Puffers,

Icon13

Serial Vapist
Received a Ti hopper last week!

Within 12 hours I was having issues.

Thought my charger might not be working so I put it on the mod charger, still didn't heat up. Left it in the GH charger for a few hours and came back was able to vape a few bowls but it was making a clicking noise. Next morning it would only turn on and heat once every 5-10 times I turned it on...... tried cleaning threads and stuff with contact cleaner and it still has the same issue :(

Anyone know the voltage cut out for low battery?

It sounds like your unit is defective. Open up a warranty claim. Also, the clicking noise is absolutely normal. It's because the heating element draws its current in pulses. That is why you hear clicking.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
It sounds like your unit is defective. Open up a warranty claim. Also, the clicking noise is absolutely normal. It's because the heating element draws its current in pulses. That is why you hear clicking.

I read that, but the intensity of the clicking changes sometimes. When I first received it, it was almost inaudible.

It's neither here nor there since I am going to end up with a claim just thought it was worth noting.

Puffers,

chillersnov8p

One of my batteries lost the top ring of the blue plastic sheath. Is this toast now or is there a way to repair it. Just a tiny sliver of the side of the battery showing.

chillersnov8p,

Mr. Me2

One of my batteries lost the top ring of the blue plastic sheath. Is this toast now or is there a way to repair it. Just a tiny sliver of the side of the battery showing.
I tore the cover of one of my batteries near the nipple. I emailed ghl and Caroline told me to toss it.

Mr. Me2,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
You may be able to find battery wraps for them but I doubt it cause I think it's a custom battery.....

Puffers,
Reactions: slatihe

biohacker

From what I think that the l-ion batteries have a memory. I believe that trickle charge from the USB charger is not as consistent as the nitegear charger. Because I've had this for almost a week and have noticed that with the nitegear I get 4-5 packed bowls with the USB 2-3. No pulling stuff on you. Also this thing with concentrate..... WOW!! :o:whoa::rofl:

I didn't think that li-ion batteries even had a memory effect. But anything is possible.

I've changed my ways though, I only use a dry q-tip in the chamber and as for the mouthpiece I still soak it in ISO but ensure it's thoroughly dry before putting it anywhere near my grasshopper and so far so good!

Do you use that dry q-tip right after a bowl, when warm? If so, does the cotton stick? Just one reason i've avoided using q-tips....and if the bowl cools, forget about it...then I use a tiny ISO wipe, with the bowl pointed down so gravity prevents any fluid and I don't go very deep.

I've been experimenting with BIGGER more packed/tamped loads and WOW it's like another vaporizer! I have this little puppy dialed in and it keeps blowing me away more and more! STILL GAME CHANGER! Usually by now i'm on to another vape!

Mr. Me2

I didn't think that li-ion batteries even had a memory effect. But anything is possible.

Do you use that dry q-tip right after a bowl, when warm? If so, does the cotton stick? Just one reason i've avoided using q-tips....and if the bowl cools, forget about it...then I use a tiny ISO wipe, with the bowl pointed down so gravity prevents any fluid and I don't go very deep.

I've been experimenting with BIGGER more packed/tamped loads and WOW it's like another vaporizer! I have this little puppy dialed in and it keeps blowing me away more and more! STILL GAME CHANGER! Usually by now i'm on to another vape!
You can try using precision q-tips. I use them with my gh inverted. I do dip the q-tip in ISO, and wipe off the excess before use in the gh oven.

btka

I do not like using q-tips becausebof fuzz... I am using a peace I did cut out of a old t-shirt... After emtpying the abv I use this to clean the chamber... works great....

JoeMama

I also had an experience where both my units failed within a few days of a "deep clean".

A little caution will spare a little pain hoppers!

You can try using precision q-tips. I use them with my gh inverted. I do dip the q-tip in ISO, and wipe off the excess before use in the gh oven.

I've worried about cotton fuzz when cleaning the chamber, too. So far, for lack of any "Eureka" ideas on how to clean the chamber, I clean it only upside down, and with a damp (not wet) cotton swab. "Q-Tips" as a brand is NOT the tightest swab you can buy. The CHEAPER ones are best, because, hey, they are not going inside my ears, and they don't need to be fluffy.

@biohacker , How do you use a tiny wipe inside the chamber? Just trying to picture the process.

slatihe

So... Three out of 5 batteries are toast, ones on the way out, and ones doing just fine, but it was the only one not used extensively... To be fair, the hoppers been daily drivers basically since received...Guests HATE milliana, lol.

So... Not really a surprise. Those batteries have REALLY taken a beating. Need to order more, but i only really use the hoppers myself on the go now that novelty has worn off and still haven't really been partaking much myself lately so might just put that last bat aside cause I'm lazy and dun wanna order stuff...

Other then that... No new issues. They are like little tanks to me. My silver TI ones taken a few good drops too. I keep them fairly clean (they preform a lot better when clean IME), but have always used moist iso q tips and give them an entire day to dry also... But I have two so it's easy.

If any ones worried about q-tip fuzzies for some reason you can get plastic q-tips at the dollar stores round here.

Happy hopping!

:)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Wooo!! Finally got the batteries I ordered!
I spent my entire Grasshopper career now (not that long, a month or 2) with used batteries, having never experience the feeling of a brand new battery.

I am excited to try a brand new battery and test battery life and all that good stuff. Not only that, but the batteries are the GHB2!! So hopefully these will possibly keep my backend cooler and will hold a bit more life. Either way, excited to get to testing!! All batteries arrived at my door at 4.00 precisely.

kato1234

Ok, better safe than sorry I suppose. Thx
There are wraps available at FT or Amazon etc. Look for ones made for AA & AAA size batteries as these are in between those sizes.. You can also get replacement disks I know FT has several sizes as I rewrap the larger batteries used for e-cigs. Check on Youtube as there are a number of videos showing you how to do it. In this thread a week or 2 ago we went thru this a check page 540. Just don't use the ones with damaged wraps

BaTou069

Hey

So I'm using my Indiegogo Titanium Grasshopper for some time now but not very much, not even every week. Half a year ago I ordered two more batteries and today they just don't hold that long. I'm charging them with the xtar vc4 and they get full at 70mAh-110mAh.
Is this normal? Can I purchase this battery format also from other vendors, or is this a grasshopper special battery?
thanks

Top Bottom