Discontinued The Grasshopper

Astedra

My order is "Partially Shipped", the hopper and 2 batteries, but not the stainless still case, I guess they don't have those yet?

Astedra,
Reactions: Hjalmark

Shieldsab

I've been running my GH with the Crafty CU the past couple bowls. I love it. No need for glass and water. The only thing is I'll need to remember to buy a new CU when I sell the Crafty because I'm not giving mine up.
Other than that, the back end is now getting warm on longer draws. Not sure what changed, but it's by no means hot and still works efficiently so I'm not worried. I clipped the hopper in my jeans pocket and ran around with it this weekend. The clicker is stiff enough that it never turned on when I didn't want it to, I barely noticed it was there, and it never fell off. I continue to be very pleased.

MoltenTiger

I guess they don't have those yet?
They have really dropped the ball with their accessories. I think we'll hear something about them next monthly update.

I have filed another warranty regarding my plain Ti's back-end
New back-end on the way, "Please return all duplicate parts together."

Pretty happy with that, though I feel like I'm getting a lot more than I paid for...

Last edited:

JoeMama

My order is "Partially Shipped", the hopper and 2 batteries, but not the stainless still case, I guess they don't have those yet?

Dear Customer,

Thank you for inquiring about the Stainless Steel case by Hopper Labs! This is just to let you know that we have our TOP people working on it. The BEST. We know that, like many, you have been waiting for over 18 months for this mighty jewel of a case, but we assure you that it will be worth the wait!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Other than that, the back end is now getting warm on longer draws.
You might want to try twisting the temp dial back and forth as quickly as possible for a few seconds. That does the trick for me when my backend is getting warm. You can also try cleaning the backend/temp dial with isopropyl alcohol, paying special attention to the cap below the temp dial.

Mr. Me2

You might want to try twisting the temp dial back and forth as quickly as possible for a few seconds. That does the trick for me when my backend is getting warm. You can also try cleaning the backend/temp dial with isopropyl alcohol, paying special attention to the cap below the temp dial.
But please remember to remove your battery first

ChooChooCharlie

My SS Hopper wanted to dress up as a desktop vape for Halloween.

k9xkffvm.jpg

Saw this idea posted a while ago, so I had to try it.
Behold the utilitarian beauty -- steel on steel!

tubasco

Has anyone ever dealt with a backend that won't click on? It got stuck in the "on" position (without a satisfying 'click') and now won't click on and off like normal.

Any suggestions short of banging it on a table?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Has anyone ever dealt with a backend that won't click on? It got stuck in the "on" position (without a satisfying 'click') and now won't click on and off like normal.

I would first contact Hopper Labs and see what they say. Attempting to fix it yourself may cause further damage, and there may be a simple solution.

They may even recommend you bang it on a table. At least you'll be guaranteed to be covered under warranty if you're following their directions.

vapeOR

Personally, I would try rotating the clicker button to see if I could 'free it up'. Mine sometimes seems as if the spring hangs up inside and a small position shift clears it.

tubasco

Personally, I would try rotating the clicker button to see if I could 'free it up'. Mine sometimes seems as if the spring hangs up inside and a small position shift clears it.
That's kind of what happened...and that's happened exactly like that to me before, but this time it's like the spring was dislodged, dislocated or stuck compressed. I finally was able to get it freed, but it doesn't click as freely as it once did.
I pushing it extra carefully from now on...but I have a feeling a refurbished backend may be in my future at some point.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
My hoppers have arrived!! And so I have officially unwatched the shipping thread and have joined the hopping ranks for real. HUZZAH! As I mentioned in my last post over there, I did NOT get a leather sleeve with my order but was assured by Caroline that I'm on the master list of folks to whom they owe one. We'll get them as soon as they arrive at GHL.

UPS tracking showed that my hoppers arrived at the local P.O. first thing this AM so I drove down there on my way to run some errands and asked them most politely if I could have my package, suspecting that it would be too big for our mailbox. They obliged and delivered the box into my quivering hands.

I've got one plain Ti and one SS. Haven't done anything more than take each one out (wow, the Ti really is noticeably lighter), click once to see them heat up and reach blue light status, and check the threading and temp dial turning on each. The backend threads on the Ti are VERY rough and both temp dials are tight enough that they will not get turned by accident. My Blu Tack is arriving tomorrow so I'm going to wait until it does so I can thoroughly clean both units before my burnoffs and inaugural bowls. I am going to force myself to go slow and maximize my chances of keeping my hoppers trouble-free.

Yes, I am Mr. Willpower. Besides, tonight can be my farewell session with my Focus Pro, which I suspect will not be seeing much action in the coming weeks and months unless both my hoppers die simultaneously :uhoh:.

juke52

Maybe this has been covered here before, but the FC search function doesn't seem to be able to bring up any posts specifically on the subject of "replacement batteries". So...has anyone found a source for Grasshopper replacement batteries other than directly through GH Labs? The folks at GH were very careful about not having any markings on their batteries that would lead anyone to an outside / aftermarket source for batteries, but I can't believe that these batteries are 100% proprietary to GH - they must be manufactured by someone for some other purpose as well. Anyone have any insider info they can share?

juke52,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Maybe this has been covered here before, but the FC search function doesn't seem to be able to bring up any posts specifically on the subject of "replacement batteries". So...has anyone found a source for Grasshopper replacement batteries other than directly through GH Labs? The folks at GH were very careful about not having any markings on their batteries that would lead anyone to an outside / aftermarket source for batteries, but I can't believe that these batteries are 100% proprietary to GH - they must be manufactured by someone for some other purpose as well. Anyone have any insider info they can share?
I'm pretty sure it was determined (a few pages back in this thread) that they are in fact 100% proprietary. One of our resident battery experts can confirm or deny.

JoeMama

My hoppers have arrived!! And so I have officially unwatched the shipping thread and have joined the hopping ranks for real. HUZZAH! As I mentioned in my last post over there, I did NOT get a leather sleeve with my order but was assured by Caroline that I'm on the master list of folks to whom they owe one. We'll get them as soon as they arrive at GHL.

UPS tracking showed that my hoppers arrived at the local P.O. first thing this AM so I drove down there on my way to run some errands and asked them most politely if I could have my package, suspecting that it would be too big for our mailbox. They obliged and delivered the box into my quivering hands.

I've got one plain Ti and one SS. Haven't done anything more than take each one out (wow, the Ti really is noticeably lighter), click once to see them heat up and reach blue light status, and check the threading and temp dial turning on each. The backend threads on the Ti are VERY rough and both temp dials are tight enough that they will not get turned by accident. My Blu Tack is arriving tomorrow so I'm going to wait until it does so I can thoroughly clean both units before my burnoffs and inaugural bowls. I am going to force myself to go slow and maximize my chances of keeping my hoppers trouble-free.

Yes, I am Mr. Willpower. Besides, tonight can be my farewell session with my Focus Pro, which I suspect will not be seeing much action in the coming weeks and months unless both my hoppers die simultaneously :uhoh:.

Welcome to Owner status, Moondog! I look forward to hear that the Blue Tac has cleared the threads and that it's a nice smooth feel afterwards.

sashka69

I got my first hopper (colored Ti) last weekend. It had the red flickering light when putting on the back end again after battery change and had sometimes a hot back end. I was able to use it from friday to sunday night. About 15 bowls. Then it got the cop lights...Too bad!

verdampftnochmal was quick with my warranty claim. 1 week without hopper.
Got a new unit. Both serials in the 6000.

Before the old one died I tried several fixes from the ressources thread to fix my hot back end. They all fixed it only temporary. I took a shot glass and filled it with 99% iso. Then i threw my back end in, took it out and changed the temp wheel several times from 1 to 5. Then it got another iso bath followed by more temp changes from 1 to 5. I did it 3 times and it was very very smooth afterwards.

Then it had to dry. During this process i turned the temp wheel again several times to different settings so the iso could vaporize easier.

After an hour it was absolutely iso-free and I was really upset when I tested it. My back end wasn't hot anymore (just a little warm when using almost-empty-battery).

Unfortunately I had to do the same with my new replacement hopper. This back end sometimes got hot as well. Now only warm on high temps with almost dead battery.
Dunno if its also just a temporary fix. Time will teil.
The new body doesn't do the short red flickering when i change the battery. I like it, gives me a better feeling of reliability.

And it works like a champ.
I hope this 2nd hopper will last very long after the first short weekend with my first device.
(It does. Yeay, almost a week now *knock on wood*)

Kermitt

My Hopper gets sometimes hot, sometimes Cop-lights, sometimes immerdiately blue, sometimes the lights turn off, instead of getting blue.

However, with cleaning the threads (blu tack), moving the tempdial or the clicker, blowing in the Airholes, I fixed every Problem in a minute.

I hope I can always fix the Hopper myself in the future, and do not have to take any warrenty request.

Last edited:
Top Bottom