Discontinued The Grasshopper

ZC

My hopper is still working after 3 months of light use. Been using it more lately, and pretty much in exactly the same way vapecritic does. Pretty much only through water, with a 14mm m2m and no silicone. I mostly prefer more manual/analog vapes but there's something to be said of the experience of "push button, receive vapor" without having to worry about combusting, hotspots etc.

CarrotWarrior

My hopper is still working after 3 months of light use. Been using it more lately, and pretty much in exactly the same way vapecritic does. Pretty much only through water, with a 14mm m2m and no silicone. I mostly prefer more manual/analog vapes but there's something to be said of the experience of "push button, receive vapor" without having to worry about combusting, hotspots etc.

I've had my TI Hopper for about a month, no problems with the main body yet. My charger however did malfunction and Caroline kindly forwarded a brand new one and I mailed back the old one.

Definitely agree about the no hassle or fuss just push and powerful vape awaits.

I do have my fw3, Mflb units still and those I use as backups or when convienent. Overall tho the grasshoppers been the faster option for me, click.. take 2-3 long draw milky hits and done. The Mflb and fw3 I think for me are better in regards to more fuller or cooked extractions but execution takes longer. :science:

Really tempted to either get a second hopper or opt for a log or some other desktop. I'm saying this also having pre-ordered the fw4 :drool: VAS is real :disgust:

Cheers everybody :sherlock:

MoltenTiger

Couldn't wait any longer– just ordered a GH SS from VapeFiend. I wonder how long it will take to get from London to LA...
It took 7 days to get to Australia, but the tracking never followed the parcel and it still reports as in-transit. Just a heads up, hopefully it tracks it for you. But I was both surprised and pretty stoked to have it arrive unannounced after such a short time.

Some good reports above, you made a good decision ;)

@Mr.Sifter
ancient_aliens_both_by_theporkchopexpress-da316kc.jpg

Could always go with a Vapefiend GH round one, then when it dies from inevitable over consumption, a local purchase of the Air to fill the waiting time, could be a nice way to go?

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

:lol:
yes, both would be the way to go.

but how to afford them both. :\

i have a SOLO aswell.
i could sell it. but it s semi defective.
would get more money from the air.

mmmh, SOLO and 'damper:science: leave the house and
hopper AIR keep me companied ? :hmm:

MoltenTiger

:lol:
yes, both would be the way to go.

but how to afford them both. :\

i have a SOLO aswell.
i could sell it. but it s semi defective.
would get more money from the air.

mmmh, SOLO and 'damper:science: leave the house and
hopper AIR keep me companied ? :hmm:
How defective is the solo?
They basically have the same performance as an Air, you might already have a reasonable back-up?

Also it's likely the GH will last a good amount of time if it's not the only choice, or if it's not used excessively. I certainly seem to push them to the limits, but the two others I received with my pre-order for others are working fine under their usage.

Mr.Sifter

right now i have

'damper
solo
AIR

The solo has a dying battery or something with the mainboard.
as soon as the battery is drained the solo goes into a state of hibernation.
you have to open it, unplug the battery and wipe the mainboard with ISO to get it going again.
thats the ritual :\

the AIR is good as new.
even the transparent stickers are still on to protect the glossy areas.
normally i rip off something like that instantly.
mmmh, a sign?
got a xtar WP6 charger for small money.
i gould charge hopper bats with this thing, right ?

damper and one Arizer product would have to leave to afford the vape insect.:rolleyes:

Mr.Sifter

dont know the firewood but milaana looks great.
like a lunchbox pro.

i thing i would like to have a fast on demand vape.
sneak to the restroom, press a button, take 1-2 draws, deactivate and store it away.
all within 1 minute.
preloaded is such a convenient thing to have.
alwasy appriciated it with the capsules on the mighty.
a propos mighty, maybe a crafty....?

one reaonsable solution for my first world problem would be

sell damper and air
buy SS hopper
should square out flat financially

I like the SOLO more than the AIR at home.
dont know why.
AIR would be more versitale though.

what chargers do you use for the insect ?

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

like a lunchbox pro.

sneak to the restroom, press a button, take 1-2 draws, deactivate and store it away.
all within 1 minute.

sell damper and air
buy SS hopper

dont know why.

would chargers do you use for the insect ?
De Verdamper looks like something worth keeping IMO.
I didn't realise you already had both the Air and a Solo. Strange fault with the Solo, have you contacted Arizer?

The rapid dynamic of the GH is what makes it so worthwhile.
I use an Xtar MC2 to charge my batteries, works well.

With so many other reputable options, it's impossible to recommend you a method to obtain a GH. If you think you would be happy losing other options to gain a hopper, go for it.
Otherwise I could only suggest saving up for a while. The longer you wait the better the durability, I guess

Mr.Sifter

The damper is a beauty and a monstrum.
so illogocical to keep it.
but a classic bonglike hard ripping and hitting methlab lookalike dinasaur.
gets used only once a month.

the solo i bought used.
worked fine and than this issue appeared.

the AIR is the vape in this selection that would be best for home and for on the run once a get used to the hoppers "rapid dynamic".

the hopper is such a tempting but risky device.
you know it will have to be sent overseas for maintance sooner or later, still you want it.

the Arizers are nobrainers.
they simply work

all my vapes i bought used of eBay.

damper 100EUR
SOLO 80EUR
AIR 120 EUR

hopper would be great investment for me 240EUR

i cant justify having over 500 EUR worth of vaporizers .... silly stupip VAS and FC is making it worse. makes it seem normal to own a couple of vapes.
FC is a self- reinforcing community .....:2c:

right now i am leaning towards SOLO and hopper but that changes by the hour :mental:

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

do you think hopperlabs have sorted out their quality issues with the initial batch of hoppers ?

Mr.Sifter,

MoltenTiger

do you think hopperlabs have sorted out their quality issues with the initial batch of hoppers ?
I'm an international customer of HL's, and their customer support, IME, has been excellent and has improved too.
The hoppers durability is completely unknown. Personally I have had three units require servicing, and lately they have simply posted me a replacement component to the part that requires the service, and have allowed me the freedom to return the failing parts once I have an operational device.
So far it has barely cost me to have a working device for most of the year.
The components of the hopper are tiny, and cheap to post.

Obviously three failures is what caused me to write about inevitable failure, because that is my experience, but beyond that there are of course units out there that are so far flawless. Two of which I purchased for friends that are the same age as my blue Ti, which is currently dead.

I have a blue replacement body arriving soon, it's currently in Sydney. These newer units have been better quality than my original, which was better again than the initial batches going to backers.

They have substantially increased their throughput after testing smaller initial batches, but they are also working at a 100% rate. This work rate limits the potential quality, but they have also doubled the assembly crew size, maybe tripled, which eases the toll on each worker and further enhances quality.

It is alarming the frequency of owners who've used the warranty, but to HL's merit, they have kept up and continue to do so efficiently.

I think it's worth considering this as a complex consumer device, that will require replacement batteries and potential servicing through its life.
There are certainly more durable vaporizers, but they work completely differently. Until there is a truly competitive product to the hopper (a tiny, powerful, unassuming on-demand convection vaporizer) it is easily worth owning one.

But, this is not somehow a perfect device.
There is no battery meter, in fact it's hard to know what is going on either end if it's assembled.
It produces hot, harsh vapour.
It might require warranty in a short time-frame.

It's worth considering for many more reasons, but those points are things you will want to have little to no issue with if you want to enjoy owning a hopper.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
gamble with the hopper that is prone to breaking or playing it save with an Arizer AIR ?

that's the question

I would not recommend the Air to anyone but light users.
I've never used a Grasshopper; my buddy has had one preordered for a long time but hasn't received it yet. The apparent reliability issues are a bit disheartening; as I sold him on it after all the hype from here.

The Air actually has quite nice taste the first few pulls. Too much draw restriction, (small clouds) and short battery life. If you vape once a day everything I wrote is probably negligible; I wouldn't buy again.

Then again, the Air still works, which must be of some value. I debated preordering a Ti Grasshopper years ago when they were first announced. Ultimately I decided to wait until they hit the shelves and worked the kinks out. I don't regret waiting; they can gladly take my money when everything is ironed out.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Mr.Sifter
One thing to keep in mind is that the Grasshopper offers something the Arizer products do not. I'm not talking about stealth or speed either, even though those are great attributes.

The Grasshopper is a convection based device which offers a different experience than conduction vapes. To me the step up from conduction to convection is almost as big as going from smoking to vaping. Ok, it's not that big of a difference but still...

I admit to being a bit of a snob when it comes to convection, but I do have some conduction vapes too and I enjoy the different effects conduction brings to the table.

The Grasshopper's performance should be more similar to your Verdamper than it is to your Arizer products.

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
@Mr.Sifter
One thing to keep in mind is that the Grasshopper offers something the Arizer products do not. I'm not talking about stealth or speed either, even though those are great attributes.

The Grasshopper is a convection based device which offers a different experience than conduction vapes. To me the step up from conduction to convection is almost as big as going from smoking to vaping. Ok, it's not that big of a difference but still...

I admit to being a bit of a snob when it comes to convection, but I do have some conduction vapes too and I enjoy the different effects conduction brings to the table.

The Grasshopper's performance should be more similar to your Verdamper than it is to your Arizer products.
I must concur. After using Vaporbrothers and miVape vapes for a good long time, I've spent the last few weeks using a Focus Pro. The Focus is a great piece of kit and I enjoy it immensely, but while using it I've come to realize that for me, convection is where it's at for a few reasons, most important of which are taste and efficiency.

Which means that my anticipation for the hopper has grown even more.

It also means that my post-hopper VAS (yes, that's how I distract myself from pining for the hopper - I think about what's next) has shifted from the Focus Adventurer to the FW4.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
like a lunchbox pro.

all within 1 minute.

sell damper and air
buy SS hopper

dont know why.

what chargers do you use for the insect ?

The Air doesn't work well at all for that style IMO. It's a session vape to me, it doesn't hit hard enough to me to be content after 2 draws, more like 2 stems. The heat up time is fairly slow, I mean it's workable and I have used it as you describe but you end up toasting the rest of the load and the battery life and heat up time really go against using the Air like that.

Truthfully, I've yet to use a device in the scenario you describe that worked better than a concentrate pen.

flyfishwino

I have been trying to figure out my new TI,
So far I'm not feeling it.
Starts up fine, load what seems to be a half plus load, set temp to 3.5 and then basically nothing.
I get a hint of a taste, no hint of vapor. Taste isn't that great.
Tried all types of draw patterns, no difference.
I know something is going on, but nowhere what I was expecting.
Tried different type at higher Temps, but it was too harsh, but manged a hint of vapor.
I'm not looking for clouds, just a little affirmation.
Then recharged the battery, using stock charger, to see maybe there wasn't enough juice out if the box to work properly.

Any thoughts?
Alan

Kalessin

I have been trying to figure out my new TI,
So far I'm not feeling it.
Starts up fine, load what seems to be a half plus load, set temp to 3.5 and then basically nothing.
I get a hint of a taste, no hint of vapor. Taste isn't that great.
Tried all types of draw patterns, no difference.
I know something is going on, but nowhere what I was expecting.
Tried different type at higher Temps, but it was too harsh, but manged a hint of vapor.
I'm not looking for clouds, just a little affirmation.
Then recharged the battery, using stock charger, to see maybe there wasn't enough juice out if the box to work properly.

Any thoughts?
Alan
Sounds like you might have a malfunctioning unit. I get lots of vapor on 3.5 on mine (at least, you know, when it's not broken)

Top Bottom