Discontinued The Grasshopper

ChooChooCharlie

HAha. We might be the only two people who know that song.

Did you ever see the movie it was featured in? Gross Point Blank?

Yes, good flick. Specials, Merton Parkas, and the Jam were my jam once upon a time. Ramahs should pop in to say, "OK, boomers"

BTW, I pre ordered that new gizmo. I'm a fan. Is that so wrong? (Jon Lovitz voice)

Raf

Very stoked to see this ambitious step forward by Hopper Labs. I was frankly excited to see a way to contribute without just doing a direct donation or buying more accessories i kijda have enough of. I considered buying a stack of a hundred stickers when the store first opened and then sending an urgent email about please do not actually send these to me LOL

The way these guys are acting is way different than what happened with thermovape and a lot of other people I put my faith in but let me down after years of lurking on this site and buying vapes. I have to hide my habit of vaporizing ground up lavender for aromatherapy from my family because they just won't understand... so I've been resisting actually creating an account on here for years but I feel like I know a lot of you guys because I've been reading your input for so long.

What finally forced me to create an account is the fact of Hopper Labs actually hunting down people that don't have any batteries so that they can make sure they are okay. That is some class act s*** and I have never seen that happen before. So I want to add my voice to the support for this ridiculously good when it functions correctly product. I seriously just don't care I've had multiple issues with multiple units this is literally a zero learning curve vrip Tech heat wand that you don't need to plug in to the wall. How anyone can throw shade on these guys just does not compute with me.

Everything I got from them in the past year since they seemingly made some serious improvements to the hardware has worked perfectly and the two original TI units I have from them also still don't have any issues but yeah there was definitely some hickups in the middle there for a while. The two original units still work fine but the new one I purchased in Sept is just better. Heats up faster, use up less battery life, vaporizes completely on even very low settings but still doesn't char at all even on five. The original units work great too but they don't really function correctly below setting 2 and take a little longer to heat up so they consume more battery life. I thought they would never make them right again like these original ones because they worked so well but then when I got the new one I was like holy s*** I can't believe they actually made it better

Now I'm busy trying to figure out if I need to freak out about my nitecore D4 charger now switch to the two slot "reccomended previously by gh" unit linked above..

Last edited:

Lahey

Cruisin'

I have a little teaser of what is to come above. You can find the reservation page here. I have posted this on FC first, the wider public will not know until tonight. We appreciate the support you have given us and know you will love what we have built. This device is going to change everything, even for those who own Grasshoppers already!

p.s. - New batteries will be starting at the factory in the next week or two. :)

Just made a reservation.
  • Shipping cost is included at checkout, total came to $104.54.
  • I wish the invoice said where I am in line of the 250, just for fun, but it does not.
  • There was no place to specify stainless or titanium; invoice just says "hopper reservation."

From the early reservation landing page: *Reservation price is a deposit. Release prices will be $255 (Stainless) $295 (Titanium). Reservations holders will receive a total of 10% off the release price.

Is the deposit a down payment applied toward the cost of the GH, or just the cost of reservation alone?

What's the warranty policy for the new model?

I have a titanium GH that has been working brilliantly since its most recent warranty repair in July. 3 Second heat up and excellent vapor production.

I also have an older stainless GH that runs cold and takes ~12 seconds to get to temp. They were going to send me a replacement front-end and have me send mine back– then the fire happened. I am being patient since I have a working hopper and because I know they are still scrambling.

I have 8 working batteries for now. Some seem closer than others to the end of their usefulness. I will be placing an order when the new ones come in. I am very interested in the @maxvapor710 external power solution if and when it becomes available.

I have been watching this closely. I love my GH and have not found anything that remotely compares. Through its ups and downs Hopper Labs has done right by me. I'm a fan of this company and this device and really want to see it stick around. Glad to have an opportunity to make a good faith investment and get dibs on the new tech.

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Raf

Just made a reservation

I also have an older stainless GH that runs cold and takes ~12 seconds to get to temp. They were going to send me a replacement front-end and have me send mine back– then the fire happened. I am being patient since I have a working hopper and because I know they are still scrambling.

For science I'd be curious to know if submerging the malfunctioning stainless unit in that WD-40 brand contact cleaner mentioned above would restore this unit. To be clear it's not actually WD-40 it's some kind of thing that evaporates completely and is supposed to remove oxidation.

Lahey

Cruisin'
For science I'd be curious to know if submerging the malfunctioning stainless unit in that WD-40 brand contact cleaner mentioned above would restore this unit. To be clear it's not actually WD-40 it's some kind of thing that evaporates completely and is supposed to remove oxidation.

I would love to but don't want to void the warranty, as they said I'll need to send the current front-end back in exchange for the replacement.

Terpenetime

HAha. We might be the only two people who know that song.

Did you ever see the movie it was featured in? Gross Point Blank?

You better make that 3!

In fact, any Brit over 50 is bound to know it!

Nope, make it four :). I got the reference.

Damn brother wants to go for sushi for lunch before I can use my Hopper after the gym. Sacrifices we make...:peace:

Sorry, make that 5! :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I am all for supporting you guys @Hopper Labs ... and hope this is a great device, and if it is, I will buy one when released. The fact that most of your releases have been months (years?) late, and I've waited months (years?) for repairs, and have spent hundreds of dollars on warranty repair shipping ... and I still have 2 unusable devices until I get batteries (my >10 batteries are all useless but the Ti Hopper performs flawlessly with the new batteries), I just can't see dropping $100 right now to get in line again ... :)

(that being said, I sure am impressed by those of you willing :) ... and also that being said ... this looks like a stellar device and very exciting :) )

Once you have the devices ready to ship, I'll buy one; once you have batteries in stock, I'll support you through buying those as well; and if you release a power adapter, I'll support you there too; and if you were to release a SS funnel like that by Delta3D studios, or some similar creative solution etc., I would also support you there.

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I am almost ready to reserve one.....FC needs more details please. Will it take GHB’s or ??????

It will take GHBs. There are major differences to the device which allow higher power delivery and better battery life.

Happy Hoppergiving, HL! Thanks for the advance ‘tease’. We (and I) have lots of questions:
1. Formal name?
2. Same size factor as existing Hopper?
3. What about battery - same size or bigger, comparable to 16850? If the unit is same size, and then presumably the battery too, wouldn’t extra wattage in the heater not keep up with the current proprietary batts?

We will release the name later in December.

@Hopper Labs for those of us that lost a Hopper in the fire can we get a credit toward one of these new Hoppers?

We will have options in the future but right now we are still working through warranty units.

I am all for supporting you guys @Hopper Labs ... and hope this is a great device, and if it is, I will buy one when released. The fact that most of your releases have been months (years?) late, and I've waited months (years?) for repairs, and have spent hundreds of dollars on warranty repair shipping ... and I still have 2 unusable devices until I get batteries (my >10 batteries are all useless but the Ti Hopper performs flawlessly with the new batteries), I just can't see dropping $100 right now to get in line again ... :)

(that being said, I sure am impressed by those of you willing :) ... and also that being said ... this looks like a stellar device and very exciting :) )

Once you have the devices ready to ship, I'll buy one; once you have batteries in stock, I'll support you through buying those as well; and if you release a power adapter, I'll support you there too; and if you were to release a SS funnel like that by Delta3D studios, or some similar creative solution etc., I would also support you there.

Originally the device was going to ship out this December and is complete. We are only working on assembly. The fire was a set back on schedule and we want to have plenty of time to have the launch go smoothly.

Thanks for the support everyone. We will be releasing more info as we go on but are limiting the reservations to 250 for now.

david8613

WOW! 65 watts!!! I'm interested but I have a bunch of questions.
1) how fast is heat up?
2) is this new unit using a higher capacity battery? I hope so.
3) current hoppers get pretty hot at 40 watts is there anything new your doing to mouth piece to keep it cool? Like chambers, nipples, heat sink, longer path?
4) are you gonna make a black stealth model? Lol, I like black.

Glad to see hopper labs responding more on this thread.

I turn 2 friends on to my dark grey ti hopper, they couldn't believe how powerful this little vaporizer is.

Lahey

Cruisin'
It will take GHBs. There are major differences to the device which allow higher power delivery and better battery life.

We will release the name later in December.

We will have options in the future but right now we are still working through warranty units.

Originally the device was going to ship out this December and is complete. We are only working on assembly. The fire was a set back on schedule and we want to have plenty of time to have the launch go smoothly.

Thanks for the support everyone. We will be releasing more info as we go on but are limiting the reservations to 250 for now.

Is the deposit a down payment applied toward the cost of the GH, or just the cost of reservation alone?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit

Do you think in light of this news, we could get an update on the HBC? Reaaaally looking forward to pairing the HBC with this new model.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Sushi lunch sounds like a great time to test that 5 second Hopper heat up time :brow:
Yes however I didn’t have my Hopper with me. But I did sneak a couple of very low temp pulls with a partially used load, yielding the slightest of vapor, and it just did the trick! When the Hopper works well, it works well!! :peace:

Raf

Downpayment applied to cost (it said when purchased). Most likely will have usual warranty, but please god let it be bug free and durable lol

I know it's mental but Im ready to send mine in for warranty as long as I can just buy more Mark I units and batteries while I wait for the Mark II to work correctly :lol:

It also said that pre-orders would enjoy an overall discount 10 or 15% I can't remember. So the reservation cost deducts from the total price and the total price itself is also discounted as a reward for pre-ordering

Last edited:

david8613

This good news hoppers! I might have to reserve one!

Is there a video of a grasshopper being taken apart? I would love to see whats inside.

Hopper you should make a mega body, to run a bigger 18650 battery or the newer bigger batteries like the 21700 with an even bigger chamber.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I’m actually excited that people are already excited about the new Hopper version. I’m rooting for HL to succeed after m Ti’s triumphant return from RMAville (and still rocking too!), but I’m still a bit skeptical and flirt with devil’s advocacy - still buzzed from my last Hopper draw ;):

So HL finally got the heater issues all ironed out with new and RMA’d units. I think we can mostly agree on that. So what’s left? The BATTERIES. There’s a bit of history with those, at least with me. Not necessarily performance or safety but consistency in capacity. I may be in the minority but it’s happened at least twice. I’ve been a bit skeptical about them for a few years - and then the 7 month wait to get new ones, the recent fire, and then mothballing them for a bit too.

A more powerful heater using the same battery though makes me more of a skeptic. I don’t k kw how else to put it but I’d be a bit wary. Unless there’s a super secret sauce in the new version to mitigate higher battery drain using the same battery, let alone delivering better battery life, color me - skeptical. This is bordering on the line with I’ve gotta see it to believe it with me. I wish I were at a keyboard amidst the holiday but I’m not. I hope HL proves me wrong but I’m... skeptical.:peace::peace:

Raf

I’m actually excited that people are already excited about the new Hopper version. I’m rooting for HL to succeed after m Ti’s triumphant return from RMAville (and still rocking too!), but I’m still a bit skeptical and flirt with devil’s advocacy - still buzzed from my last Hopper draw ;):

So HL finally got the heater issues all ironed out with new and RMA’d units. I think we can mostly agree on that. So what’s left? The BATTERIES. There’s a bit of history with those, at least with me. Not necessarily performance or safety but consistency in capacity. I may be in the minority but it’s happened at least twice. I’ve been a bit skeptical about them for a few years - and then the 7 month wait to get new ones, the recent fire, and then mothballing them for a bit too.

A more powerful heater using the same battery though makes me more of a skeptic. I don’t k kw how else to put it but I’d be a bit wary. Unless there’s a super secret sauce in the new version to mitigate higher battery drain using the same battery, let alone delivering better battery life, color me - skeptical. This is bordering on the line with I’ve gotta see it to believe it with me. I wish I were at a keyboard amidst the holiday but I’m not. I hope HL proves me wrong but I’m... skeptical.:peace::peace:

I was just telling my buddy I would feel really skeptical that they could draw more power and yet conserve battery life using the same battery. Except.. thats exactly what the new september bodies do.. they heat up faster but they use the batteries up slower. So I could believe that if they scaled-up whatever efficiency numbers they cracked recently then @Hopper Labs could deliver on this new hoverbike

Had I not just received a new unit and spare body to refit my friend's device in September that have this amazing upgrade in performance then I wouldn't believe it was possible

Top Bottom