Discontinued The Grasshopper

GrandWazoo

For those that travel with your hopper, how is it refilling on the fly? Can you manage to be somewhat discreet in a crowd, lets say at a concert or similar setting. What do you carry your extra flowers in?
Got my Old Holborn tobacco pack with me , and when I charge the GH I do it in the open air , sure that anybody see what I supposed to do. People see what you want them to see. Of course there's no tobacco in it.

AntMadeira

Thank you all for your replies. They were very helpful. This just confirms what I had already noticed: there are good vibes in this forum. :cool:

I'm really inclined to the GH, because even though I love the design and the warranty, discretion is important and I will be vaping mostly alone, so that won't be a problem. I know that there have been some issues, but I also read that regarding Firefly, so that's normal. We never hear about those who don't complain. :lol:

And as a price comparison, there is none...

Can you explain this better, please? In their respective websites the prices differ by more than $100... :rolleyes:

Mr. Me2

Thank you all for your replies. They were very helpful. This just confirms what I had already noticed: there are good vibes in this forum. :cool:

I'm really inclined to the GH, because even though I love the design and the warranty, discretion is important and I will be vaping mostly alone, so that won't be a problem. I know that there have been some issues, but I also read that regarding Firefly, so that's normal. We never hear about those who don't complain. :lol:

Can you explain this better, please? In their respective websites the prices differ by more than $100... :rolleyes:
My point was just that the gh is much less $$$ than the ff2.

Mr. Me2,

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I have no experience with concentrates, but I'm sure others will chime in.
Done oil in it with a piece of cottonball and thought I would drown in vapor, it's a fucking joke how hard the Grasshopper milks and can't wait to get my hands on more concentrates

After using mine for 2-3 weeks I have to say I find this vape impressive in all parts even the batteries, going to 200 Celsius in 5 sec and maintaining that heat through liters of hot air with about 700 mAh to spare, lasting for couple of bowls on setting 3 that suppose to be 170c? But still gives visual clouds and effect? Or totally drown in vapor by using it on 4-5 through water piece

Just need to have a external charge and +3 batteries then this vape is pure God

slick

Has anyone tried this?

https://www.420science.com/products/helix-pre-mix-chamber

I've been on a hunt for something SIMPLE. First I thought a straight tube water pipe, but I dislike the size and extra step. Then figured a downstem, but I was having trouble finding a thick one without a slit opening. I saw the titanium chiller posted a few pages back, but I'm not ready to spring for that much yet. Any other options that I might not have considered yet?

slick,
Reactions: Hjalmark

MoltenTiger

Has anyone tried this?

I've been on a hunt for something SIMPLE. First I thought a straight tube water pipe, but I dislike the size and extra step. Then figured a downstem, but I was having trouble finding a thick one without a slit opening. I saw the titanium chiller posted a few pages back, but I'm not ready to spring for that much yet. Any other options that I might not have considered yet?
I haven't tried one, but the reviews on the site look decent.
I have tried a 18-14 reducer and a similar adapter with the hopper, which were smaller. They cooled the vapour a little, I reckon the Helix would be a decent pick up for 20 bucks. Note that it works by injecting air into its chamber, which would dilute the vapour a bit.

vapeOR

Has anyone tried this?

I've not tried the piece you linked, but it sounds like you're looking for a simple solution to add a bit of length to your hopper's vapor path for cooling. I don't do well with water pieces due to lung issues -- anything that adds draw resistance or increases the volume I must draw is a problem. I got my solution some time ago in this thread when I was waiting for my pre-order.

What works for me is a glass stem for MFLB. It slips snugly into the silicone MP and adds 2.5 inches to the air path. It collects some lovely oil, which catches most of the specks of plant material that make it through the screen :nod: However, it's easy to clean with a bit of ISO and pipe cleaner. Stays on the MP when I refill the chamber. Cost $5 from my LHS, it's doing exactly what I want, so I got another for my spare/guest hopper. :) Until I got the glass stem, I hadn't used the silicone MP for my spare hopper and found that the glass stem prevents the silicone MP from discoloring because it's lining the vapor path straight out of the metal, keeping the vapor away from the silicone.

biohacker

Very impressed with the quick turnaround for my warranty inquiry...Caroline is extremely professional and understanding. Looks like they are going to sell me a warranty for $45!

And even though she is confused as well on my front end fitting issues, she just said to file an RMA for that GH and they will figure it out and take care of it! Since I have 2 more GH's on their way it will help me troubleshoot and diagnose what's really going on with the fit.

Grasshopper Labs is awesome! Fast efficient customer service, once everything with the original owner is confirmed they are sending me out a new body!

The Grasshopper. Not only a game changer. A LIFE CHANGER!
:love:

Radiocitysuicide

Very impressed with the quick turnaround for my warranty inquiry...Caroline is extremely professional and understanding. Looks like they are going to sell me a warranty for $45!

And even though she is confused as well on my front end fitting issues, she just said to file an RMA for that GH and they will figure it out and take care of it! Since I have 2 more GH's on their way it will help me troubleshoot and diagnose what's really going on with the fit.

Grasshopper Labs is awesome! Fast efficient customer service, once everything with the original owner is confirmed they are sending me out a new body!

The Grasshopper. Not only a game changer. A LIFE CHANGER!
:love:

Wow that's awesome that they are selling you a warranty. I wonder if that's just a one time thing or a new policy. I have a hopper with an already activated warranty I'd love to sell and if people could actually buy a warranty for it then it might actually be possible to sell it.

biohacker

I was told that if the GH was not registered I could buy a warranty for $45 lol. I don't get it, because why couldn't I just register it myself for free? However, since it is registered already, they just need permission from the original owner, and for $45 they will transfer the lifetime warranty to me. Pretty happy that I won't be left in the dark with my SS Hopper. Sounds like the original owner has now disappeared so hoping that HL will pull through for me!

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
What works for me is a glass stem for MFLB. It slips snugly into the silicone MP and adds 2.5 inches to the air path. It collects some lovely oil, which catches most of the specks of plant material that make it through the screen :nod: However, it's easy to clean with a bit of ISO and pipe cleaner. Stays on the MP when I refill the chamber. Cost $5 from my LHS, it's doing exactly what I want, so I got another for my spare/guest hopper. :) Until I got the glass stem, I hadn't used the silicone MP for my spare hopper and found that the glass stem prevents the silicone MP from discoloring because it's lining the vapor path straight out of the metal, keeping the vapor away from the silicone.

A very hearty second for this recommendation. I was using a much shorter glass stem (cannabalized mouthpiece from a miVape) and the increased length on the MFLB stem makes all the difference. Relatively inexpensive ($2.95 + shipping direct from Magic Flight), highly portable, discreet, easy to clean, and it makes vapor heat a non-issue. :tup::tup:

marduk

daydreamer
I was told that if the GH was not registered I could buy a warranty for $45 lol. I don't get it, because why couldn't I just register it myself for free?

If you had an unregistered Hopper and didn't have the original box, you wouldn't be able to register for free because you wouldn't have the unique box code to match up with the serial number. So you could consider the $45 a sort of "lost box" warranty registration solution.

Al..

Hi i have got through more grasshoppers than a lizard without any problems with hopper labs changing the broken hopper. but now with my last warranty clam they are hinting it may be how i clean it? Has anybody else had this?

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Hi i have got through more grasshoppers than a lizard without any problems with hopper labs changing the broken hopper. but now with my last warranty clam they are hinting it may be how i clean it? Has anybody else had this?
How are you cleaning it?

moondog,

biohacker

So I find out from Caroline that my SS GH warranty hasn't even registered yet! :shrug: That's not what I was told by the original owner, but it's all good for me. I just don't understand why the $45 fee to register the GH, when I just did it myself for free? I guess they just assumed a lost box? I dunno, but i'm pretty happy about it!

But even more so, i'm super happy that my SS GH has started working again! WTF? I tried and tried and tried, and eventually just accepted it and gave up...and simply used that SS GH to charge my batteries (Nitecore is still in the mail). Then out of the blue I just tried it, and it has been working flawlessly for bowl after bowl!

I'm guessing it was some kief or abv powder, or resin of some sort, and eventually it worked its way out or dried or something? I did smash the body a little against a wooden table lol

SS GH lives! Anyone else here own more than 4 GH's? :D

EDIT: Yup, assumed lost ID code/box. Got a better deal on this GH than I thought!

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer

Yes I just got the same hint, and I only had one other warranty claim. I don't think it's aimed at you for many returns... they're probably trying to get the word out to everyone any which way they can about cleaning carefully.

biohacker

ok so my split second red then straight to blue non-heat led problem is intermittent, and the result of a small part inside the body being out of place, and then can get back into place. Hopefully this helps someone experiencing this issue. So far so good ever since it started working again. And now we know about the $45 warranty transfer.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Ready for another hopping day
0KK435S.jpeg

Still not found small enough case for it I can easily care in my pocket so I care battery and misc in a leather phone sleave and the hopper around my neck on a chain

Its the safest place from impact because I carry alot of stuff over the day time and easy for things to get squeezed in my front pockets

Also in the cold weather it keeps the hopper warm and charged :wave:

I have to say I dislike the water tool with the hopper
51TXhQW.jpeg

works much better on top of the Enano but hopper need to hold awkwardly, looking forward for the pipe Bubbler to arrive from DHGATE, because my wooden pipe I made felt awesome with hopper, so nice to hold pipe and click hopper off and on, maybe go into a pipe shop and see how well the hopper fits to a nice looking grandpa pipe?

Aiming my talks at the never ending mouthpiece hunt of most folks but this vape works great under 3 even without silicon in my eyes BUT anything above + big cloud hunt needs something drastic, I carved out the bottom part of my homemade pipe and inserted a small flat stone pebble but hopper made that skin burning hot in seconds :) started on a larger pipe with larger and longer stone .. Talking about large and long time stoned .. Its time for bed

:zzz:

But! It's incredibly how powerful this is, only used it not my enano for nearly 2 weeks and getting scared it has more power .. Maybe it's the bigger bowl?

NizzyJones

It's funny how different people are in how they're willing/able to use the hopper natively. When I first got it I started using it at around 3-3.5 because of people complaining about harsh vapor. I loved it there so I didn't mess with the temps much for a long time. Recently I've cranked it all the way to max using it natively and was still totally fine with the vapor quality. Snorted a little bit after a big hit but, whatever, didn't burn me or anything.

Just one of those things.

MoltenTiger

The only time I use the GH directly is when I'm hiking, for which it's perfect

Every other instance and when I've got to my destination I blast through glass. Nothing beats that, just personal preference and I'd do the same with any vape

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I was told that if the GH was not registered I could buy a warranty for $45 lol. I don't get it, because why couldn't I just register it myself for free? However, since it is registered already, they just need permission from the original owner, and for $45 they will transfer the lifetime warranty to me. Pretty happy that I won't be left in the dark with my SS Hopper. Sounds like the original owner has now disappeared so hoping that HL will pull through for me!

If you had an unregistered Hopper and didn't have the original box, you wouldn't be able to register for free because you wouldn't have the unique box code to match up with the serial number. So you could consider the $45 a sort of "lost box" warranty registration solution.

So I find out from Caroline that my SS GH warranty hasn't even registered yet! :shrug: That's not what I was told by the original owner, but it's all good for me. I just don't understand why the $45 fee to register the GH, when I just did it myself for free? I guess they just assumed a lost box? I dunno, but i'm pretty happy about it!

But even more so, i'm super happy that my SS GH has started working again! WTF? I tried and tried and tried, and eventually just accepted it and gave up...and simply used that SS GH to charge my batteries (Nitecore is still in the mail). Then out of the blue I just tried it, and it has been working flawlessly for bowl after bowl!

I'm guessing it was some kief or abv powder, or resin of some sort, and eventually it worked its way out or dried or something? I did smash the body a little against a wooden table lol

SS GH lives! Anyone else here own more than 4 GH's? :D

EDIT: Yup, assumed lost ID code/box. Got a better deal on this GH than I thought!

ok so my split second red then straight to blue non-heat led problem is intermittent, and the result of a small part inside the body being out of place, and then can get back into place. Hopefully this helps someone experiencing this issue. So far so good ever since it started working again. And now we know about the $45 warranty transfer.
I read all of these about four times (confusing!) and while I'm happy for you, I'm not seeing that we've learned definitively about a $45 warranty transfer option. The initial offer was for you to get a warranty IF the hopper were still unregistered. So, the 'buy a box" for $45 sounds more like it to me. I don't see that an offer to transfer from another owner has been made.
It sounds like you had the box all along! and just had to register. Great! Maybe previous owner opened an account with HL but never actually went back and registered this device...and you win!

btw, I purchased four Hoppers (received early August, one year wait for the first one and the others were all added to my original order) but two went into hands of my daughters...

When I have even an intermittent problem I don't hesitate to file a claim. Except for hot back end, which I've endured for long periods before returning to base. A SS is en route back to me now with a third back end and fourth Body (including original parts in the count). The conundrum persists, "Does the soul of Hopper live in the mouthpiece?"

Yes I just got the same hint, and I only had one other warranty claim. I don't think it's aimed at you for many returns... they're probably trying to get the word out to everyone any which way they can about cleaning carefully.
With the recent HL Blogs about care and feeding, etc. of Hopper, there was one about cleaning and at its' beginning was a caution, like, we're telling you guys these things so you don't void your warranties. So I'm not surprised to see that some language is appearing in claims and it may be signalling some general tightening of policy. I don't think you guys have been singled out.
After all, has anyone been denied a warranty claim repair on a (duly registered) malfunctioning Hopper yet? Hey, maybe they'll be adding moisture detection strips like Mighty and cell phones have.
No Kayaking! is an old joke over in Mighty thread, spawned from one member's experience...

Top Bottom