Discontinued The Grasshopper

mindful1

sorry terminally, don't worry about it Contemporary. just the tip info please
Same thing happens to me on occasion, I forget to check which forum I'm on (The Grasshopper vs The Grasshopper Shipping Poll). It gets a little complicated sometimes checking both but I also understand the reasoning behind the split. In any event, it's exciting to see the roll-out continue!

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Yes but surely asking 'early bird/holiday backer, when did you order what date' is nearly asking the same thing. Nearly lol
Sorry to be blunt but TIP HEAT, everyone who posts after they've used their Hopper seems to forget we are out here.
Let's hope, in a sick their too boloxed to reply kind of a way, there's more of this vagueness to come.
Dejafukinvu lol

Last edited:
phattpiggie,
Congrats! Which model: S/S, Ti or Ti Anodized? I'm most interested in your opinion on the heat of both the vapor and the mouthpiece. Thanks!
SS, and as for the heat, some might find it uncomfortable if used quickly repeatedly, like maybe 5 times in a minute. And with hits 10 seconds or longer it gets warm. But the session extender is superb to combat this.

DirtD1V3R

@TheVapeStation, idk if this is something you are willing to try and if you do end up trying this; let me know if you think it is an efficient way to load the gh.

I was wondering if you could try loading the front end with material and then sliding the front end partially onto the body, then, somewhat agitate the gh a little and see if the material will fall into the chamber? It seems the front end sleeve is a little wider but, just barely than the outer body of the chamber? So this maybe an easier way to load the chamber?

If you try this would you let me know if you have any thoughts about possible drawbacks to doing this and any other comments? ie. This doesn't work at all. Or whatever, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
It is proccessing on youtube now 25 minutes. You guys may see it before I have a chance to add all the annotations and time markers in the description just give me till tonight on those.

Edit: IT WAS JUST DELETED FOR BEING TO LONG WHAT THE HELL. It tells me now really. Hang on I may need to try and become a directors channel or something...

Edit 2: ok that wasn't so bad just had to verify my account. Here is the link!
Watching your video now ... hehe I remember that feeling like it was yesterday ... well actually I don't remember but I think it was the day before yesterday ....

Anyway kuddos for making a video, I tried and just determined I was WAAAY too high to keep going before I even said anything useful!

And btw the flavor? Right? Straight TREATIN Yo own self!

Also I also am so surprised by how little herb I need to use.

Cheers have fun

midgetsanchez

@TheVapeStation, idk if this is something you are willing to try and if you do end up trying this; let me know if you think it is an efficient way to load the gh.

I was wondering if you could try loading the front end with material and then sliding the front end partially onto the body, then, somewhat agitate the gh a little and see if the material will fall into the chamber? It seems the front end sleeve is a little wider but, just barely than the outer body of the chamber? So this maybe an easier way to load the chamber?

If you try this would you let me know if you have any thoughts about possible drawbacks to doing this and any other comments? ie. This doesn't work at all. Or whatever, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I don't think it's a good idea to load the front end, as there are threads in there (that screw onto the outside of the body/chamber). A friend of mine did this, and bits of material were stuck in the threads which affected how smoothly the front end screwed on/off. It's easy to clean though with a brush and some iso.

Someone should definitely make some sort of loading tool for the hopper - the chamber is narrow (but deep), it's kind of hard to fill it quickly without spillage if you don't happen to have a folded piece of paper or funnel or something on hand. I typically just carry a small piece of a folded business card for this purpose...

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
SS, and as for the heat, some might find it uncomfortable if used quickly repeatedly, like maybe 5 times in a minute. And with hits 10 seconds or longer it gets warm. But the session extender is superb to combat this.

Call me crazy, but I HOPE the tip get's too hot after several back to back hits. I want a reminder to myself "Dude, you had enough, put it down".

I'm trying to use this vape to cut BACK on how much time I sit in my "sessions" vaping away while watching TV

As most of us know, there is no perfect vaporizer. This is simply something different that many of us have been waiting for. Hopefully they can get the bugs worked out of the design fast! My Estimated shipping is August, but I'm hoping to see it before then (yeah, wishful thinking :lol:)

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I have a feeling this "heat on the lips" thing is highly subjective. Trevor and Matt claimed to Buzz that they never use the silicone mp, Buzz says only uses it for extended sessions and with groups, and now you say use it always when over heat level 2.

I'm going to wait and see for myself. When the Infinity got around many people said it was too hot to pick up and handle and I found out first hand that did not apply to me at all. Same thing with the Evo.

I used to use the mouthpiece all the time and now after 3 or 4 days in I almost never use it. It's not that the unit doesn't get hot, it does, or that I just got used to it. It's because of the potency and flavor production of the unit I've changed my Vaping style and now the heat is almost never a problem.

See below about Vaping style

After a few days using it, (granted I live in Colorado) so carrying around cannabis is no problem but I'm not sure why you would want to pack the bowl full when there are so many benefits to just using a pinch at a time.

I have a high tolerance and don't mind sitting a puffing for an extended period of time as I used to also smoke cigarettes and I still smoke spliff since I like smoking. However the GH is so good at what it does it changed my vaping preference.

Now because of (in the positive column) the amazing flavor production and potency harnessed from tiny amounts of flower here is how I use the GH:

I drop a tiny pinch in the bowl. If I'm trying the strain for the first time or it's particularly delicious I might take a puff or 2 at the first setting to really experience the flavor, then I usually take a few slow long draws on temp 3 (although I do plan on keeping track of the best temp for each strain which is easy to do because you can just try a pinch at temp X, take a few rips, take a few notes and move on o th next temp). After my mid temp "session" (3-4 rips remember it's literally a pinch) then I might bump it 4 and take a big pull, always get a huge cloud, then i dump it out, always to be surprised that i probably could have taken a few more hits and that i thought I had packed more.

The benefits of this method are:

You can REALLY make your herb last, I don't really care about that at all and I'm surprised I'm calling it a "feature" but it's impressive and it's totally changed my wasteful, "Let them smoke crawfish" ways.

Great flavorful hits every time

A dab will do ya, so if you're hanging with your special someone and you love each other but no your strain choices? No problem, grab a pinch do your business, literally before a pax2 even starts up you can be super baked and pass the pen to your honey ... unless they have their own :-)

Cleaning? what cleaning? With this method the little pinch of ABV just falls right out. I "maybe" dip a Q-tip in ISO and swap it once a day ... maybe, almost no maintenance

Some other observations while I'm here, I find for my tolerance (I consume all day errday) anything above 2.5 I definitely feel the effects. I was also thinking how this is when I got th OG iPhone. I got mine delivered on the first day and although it was a cool toy right away, it didn't become awesome and it's real uses became apparent once everyone else had one so I'm really looking forward to more folks getting theres! I can't wait till I'm chilling with a group that everyone has one so everyone can consume at their own pace, particularly at a party where there are a lot of different strains to try. When we finally figure out public consumption facilities in Colorado (and I think we will soon) I think that is wpthe scenario where the GH will really shine!

p.s. I just tried it with a fully packed bowl when I took my dog for a walk. A jam packed bowl is not for me (did I just say that? yikes!). However for whoever it was that was asking about the ability to use this super stealth with no clouds a fully packed bowl IS for you.

What I discovered is that airflow is inverse with pack so where when I pinch I get small wisps of vapor at temp 2, fully packed I taste the flavor and feel the effect but barely any visible vapor.

I prefer the free airflow of the pinch but for those who want that kind of experience, just pack it tight although at higher temps it gets a little cloudy

Last edited:
A jam packed bowl is not for me (did I just say that? yikes!). However for whoever it was that was asking about the ability to use this super stealth with no clouds a fully packed bowl IS for you.

What I discovered is that airflow is inverse with pack so where when I pinch I get small wisps of vapor at temp 2, fully packed I taste the flavor and feel the effect but barely any visible vapor.

Huh, I found i got nice clouds on 2.5 with a fully packed bowl and a firm 10 second hit. Different strains could account for this, as could curing of the bud, etc. But either way, any amount works :tup::leaf:

lovecrush

http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ
So, I don't know if this was posted before, but wich glass pieces seems promising to use the grasshopper with? Some links would be cool... I only ordered the chinese version of the vaporblunt glass

Wich grinder would be ideal? A 4 piece santa cruz shredder small? Is the pack'n'stash the best thing to fill the chamber?

Edit: did anyone found some alternative cases on ebay/etsy or something yet?

lovecrush,

Mr. Me2

So, I don't know if this was posted before, but wich glass pieces seems promising to use the grasshopper with? Some links would be cool... I only ordered the chinese version of the vaporblunt glass

Wich grinder would be ideal? A 4 piece santa cruz shredder small? Is the pack'n'stash the best thing to fill the chamber?

Edit: did anyone found some alternative cases on ebay/etsy or something yet?
I plan using a salt spoon to fill the oven, but I think Ratchett is developing the perfect tool.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
...don't know if failure rate is astronomical, since we do not really know how many have actually shipped...however, if the failure rate is fairly high and a quick and lasting fix cannot be found, then I would not expect to see our 'Hoppers delivered to us for quite some time yet...:cry:

...as a start-up company with severely limited funds, a mass return of "broken" vapes would sink them for good...they pretty much have no choice but to make sure this current problem is remedied before mass shipping's begin...:nod:

Wzfbaby7

Damn, at least he only had it for about a day so he hopefully he didn't get too attached lol. I'm merely watching from the sidelines as I'm not too sure about this one yet but I'm curious as to what is causing this problem and why are they unable to catch it during their stress tests. Or is it a result of the stress tests? Or just a bad batch?

It seems that playing it safe with the mass shipping is providing useful to catch things on the small scale. I actually think that may be the cause for some of the silence from others who may have received theirs already. Just my two cents while I die of boredom at work.

Wzfbaby7,
Reactions: 2clicker
Top Bottom