Discontinued The Grasshopper

AgentXero

Ah see the USB port is really appealing to me then. Are there any special settings you need to use for either charger? Or right out of the box they'll charge hopper batteries efficiently and safely?

AgentXero,

hi_there

I just got and love the FF2, but this thing is too damn cool.

I have both and am in a warranty situation with my hopper so very glad I have my FF2. FF2 is great for concentrates and lots of cool vapor, a lot of draw restriction compared to the Hopper. Hopper through water is crazy, huge clouds! Hopper over 3.5 is hot, you need the condom and vapor is warm/harsh at 4+ with no water. But like you said, the Hopper is very cool. I think these two work together well and if these will likely be the only two I use for a long-time.

Kalessin

Hopper over 3.5 is hot, you need the condom and vapor is warm/harsh at 4+ with no wate
This isn't necessarily true, as I use my hopper exclusively at 4 and higher and never need the condom and I don't find it harsh at all, it actually gives me the smoothest vapor out of any of my vapes. It is warm, and dries out my mouth/throat but it almost never makes me cough

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
I caved and "pre" ordered a Ti one. They are estimating August. Not in a rush and I figure the later the batch, the more likely issues get resolved.

I just got and love the FF2, but this thing is too damn cool. I rationalized that there is room for both. I'm a little concerned with vape temp and reliability, but we will see! My hope is that using this as a 1 or 2 hitter will keep the vape from getting too harsh. I've been 100% volcano for around a half decade, so I'm sensitive.

I also have and enjoy both though I use the Grasshopper is used waay more frequently.

slcbdco,
Reactions: mindful1

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
This isn't necessarily true, as I use my hopper exclusively at 4 and higher and never need the condom and I don't find it harsh at all, it actually gives me the smoothest vapor out of any of my vapes. It is warm, and dries out my mouth/throat but it almost never makes me cough
I guess it depends on the way you draw on it, or heat sensitivity, because I have read about a lot of people complaining about the heat and others don't mind it. I agree that it isn't harsh enough for me at higher temperatures as I always use it without the silicone tip. Now, I would say that the vapor the grasshopper produces is very hot because it is able to produce so much vapor in such a short time, and that may also be the reason that some find it harsh.

Kalessin

I guess it depends on the way you draw on it, or heat sensitivity, because I have read about a lot of people complaining about the heat and others don't mind it. I agree that it isn't harsh enough for me at higher temperatures as I always use it without the silicone tip. Now, I would say that the vapor the grasshopper produces is very hot because it is able to produce so much vapor in such a short time, and that may also be the reason that some find it harsh.
For me I don't consider it harsh unless it makes me feel like coughing. The heat of the vapor is a separate and unrelated issue, unless it was hot enough to hurt my throat which I don't find to be the case with the hopper

Kalessin,
Reactions: Vapetrees

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
For me I don't consider it harsh unless it makes me feel like coughing. The heat of the vapor is a separate and unrelated issue, unless it was hot enough to hurt my throat which I don't find to be the case with the hopper
I agree, sometimes it does make me cough but it's never burned me.

hi_there

because it is able to produce so much vapor in such a short time, and that may also be the reason that some find it harsh.

Exactly, the heater can keep up with aggressive draws, really they just need to figure out a way to have the herb load at the other ends and travel the length of the unit to cool, if they do that with the GH2 they will have an unbelievable product.

nikcorda

everyone is different, please keep this in mind when stating your personal experience, and reading others.

i have to use some kind of cooling device on temp 4 or above. otherwise the temperature of the vapor is very harsh and "burns" my throat. and its not the intensity of the vapor, its the temperature. with a cooling device i can use it on 5 with no issues. granted, i have a sensitive throat, but whatever, it still happens to me.

some of my friends say the same thats its hot, some can handle it.

once again, everyone is different. you wont know if itll work for you until you try.

Last edited:

JoeMama

Just catching up on the threads.... as I pray for deliverance ... of my Hopper this month. :rofl:

For those of you who start getting hot back-ends have you tries cleaning all the threads on the GH with ISO? Like mech mods in the e-cig world where the body is part of the circuit you need to keep the threads very clean. If they get dirty, oily or any debris it can cause resistance and connectivity issues that could result in the back-end getting hot.

Hey, Hawk... even though I don't even have my hopper yet, your post above is the only one I've read that addresses a reason for this heat other than that it's a GHL warranty issue. I hope this piece of insight percolates around here and we're able to ascertain if that actually presents positive feedback. Because, also, I really hate to think that at this point, GHL would be having fundamental functional issues with this thing! :)

I got into a debate about this with @BuzzDanklin a few pages back. I think you're right that moutpeice heat is inverse to amount packed but determined that using small amounts, for the way I like to use the grasshopper, especially, more fresh hits more often is just better for me for a variety of reasons, especially since after about a year using the Grasshoppper I really don't find moutpeice heat an issue. I would occasionally use the silicon when I first got the GH but I couldn't even tell you where mine is now, maybe in the car, I haven't used it in months ... the silicone that is, I use my grasshopper in my car everyday, works great while charging.

This is another thing I hadn't thought of; more mass in the chamber, then more heat conduction to the shell! GENIUS!!! :nod:

Grabbed another two hits at 2. I would have expected more flavor. Bumped it to 3 and I'm waiting for an opportunity to continue. Effects remain good. Haven't worried about the vapor heat thus far but I haven't gone hot yet. The back-end continues to be surprisingly hot.

ETA: This vape creeps up on me. Where most of my vapes attack aggressively, this one sneaks up on me and hits me in the back of the head. I've just gotten an unexpected wave of euphoria from 2. Fun.

ETA: Never been a combustor, so my throat and lungs are wimpy. Wrapped up a session with 3, then 4 and did not get the cough I get from the Herc. Very surprised by that. The mouthpiece heat is much more intense than the vapor heat.

ETA: Tapped it out at 5. Not much vapor left after temp-stepping. The vapor was still surprisingly tolerable. The mouthpiece and back-end got very warm.

Mellish, would it be fair to assume (or maybe I missed it) that you are using a full load in the chamber through this process? Also, thanks for the well outlined results you experience.

Which brings me to... thanks to all for some really great and clear descriptions of your just-out-of-the-box experiences with this exciting product! I got used to tamping down my expectations due to this long wait, but now I can't wait to get my Ti.

Mr Mellish

Mellish, would it be fair to assume (or maybe I missed it) that you are using a full load in the chamber through this process? Also, thanks for the well outlined results you experience.

I'd say 3/4 unpacked.

Just tried the Ti on 4 through the Crafty CU. the first two draws were VERY taste. After that, popcorn city.

greenextinguisher

Man, I went back earlier in this thread and you guys have me looking at glass for the first time in 10 years. I've had the volcano for a long time and its been my exclusive most of the time. The thing is effective and awesome, but it (sucking on a bag) disconnects you a little bit from that original experience. I love it, don't get me wrong, its served me well for quite a while.

Thinking about the FF2 as a bowl and the GH as essentially an "e-slide" is fun. I'm all nostalgic over here.

Baron23

Man, I went back earlier in this thread and you guys have me looking at glass for the first time in 10 years. I've had the volcano for a long time and its been my exclusive most of the time. The thing is effective and awesome, but it (sucking on a bag) disconnects you a little bit from that original experience. I love it, don't get me wrong, its served me well for quite a while.

Thinking about the FF2 as a bowl and the GH as essentially an "e-slide" is fun. I'm all nostalgic over here.
Just put my fairly new GH on some glass and I loved it a LOT

Attachment-1.jpeg

URL]

MoltenTiger

Got my hopper back today :rockon:

The new body seems to be improved, I think there's more taper to the chamber opening and it looks slightly different than I remember.
They must have micro-sonically cleaned my mouthpiece (I sent it away in a used [combusted] state) it is now super shiny and spotless.
However, it is no longer perfectly matching the body, the colour is slightly off, not by enough to worry me, but when it's fully screwed on, one edge overhangs by a fraction of a millimetre. Which, haptically speaking, is total bullshit.

I had to send my hopper away without its battery to satisfy posting stipulation, and it returned with one in it, so that's pretty awesome. I also think they've replaced my USB charger, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.
When I first turned the hopper on, the red LED just flashed once, I had to power cycle it a couple of times to get it working, but it seems to be operating normally now.
That did not instil confidence, but the ease of vapour bongs and the fact I at least have it for my weekend away is more than enough to keep me happy.

Might go have a bed time bubbler right now.

Baron23

Looks like some @Ratchett product placement there too! :clap::tup:
Indeed there is...I do like Delta 3D stuff and patronize Ratchett both for his participation on this board as well as the really neat after market products he designs and sells.

Got my hopper back today :rockon:

The new body seems to be improved, I think there's more taper to the chamber opening and it looks slightly different than I remember.
They must have micro-sonically cleaned my mouthpiece (I sent it away in a used [combusted] state) it is now super shiny and spotless.
However, it is no longer perfectly matching the body, the colour is slightly off, not by enough to worry me, but when it's fully screwed on, one edge overhangs by a fraction of a millimetre. Which, haptically speaking, is total bullshit.

I had to send my hopper away without its battery to satisfy posting stipulation, and it returned with one in it, so that's pretty awesome. I also think they've replaced my USB charger, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.
When I first turned the hopper on, the red LED just flashed once, I had to power cycle it a couple of times to get it working, but it seems to be operating normally now.
That did not instil confidence, but the ease of vapour bongs and the fact I at least have it for my weekend away is more than enough to keep me happy.

Might go have a bed time bubbler right now.
Molten - what color is yours. The reason I ask is that on my Ti Bronze there is a slight color variation between the body and the mouthpiece...slight but there.

sixstringsmash

So I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I've found the whip that I use for my Zephyr Ion works very well with the grasshopper to help cool the vapor down for when I'm hitting it at home and don't want to bother getting a glass piece out. You have to hold the piece in place with your hand to keep it from falling out but the connector piece fits perfectly over the GH. Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about.

http://imgur.com/a/7sgvW

Bdubbdiblets

Got my new back end and yea...I wasn't crazy...back to playin weatherman blowin clouds with ease. :o And more importantly I love how you can literally feel the trickle of the sativa or indica slowly yet efficiently warm the brain. This thing is love in a dry herb vape:love:...I hope I'm not speaking to soon:\

P.s. My other end was working but very poorly (after a week of perfness) getting super hot to touch draining batts in a few hits and minimal cloudage with very light abv. I just did 2 full ovens with new back and the batt seems fine, abv dark like I'm used to and I am hoppin medicated...cherry pie.:whoa:

P.s.s hop on :whip:

Last edited:
Top Bottom