Discontinued The Grasshopper

balarama

After regularly following @VapoShop i see they finally got the GH.
The obvious thing to do was order one SS version asap:-)

Now I wait, it's probably gonna be the last weekend of smoking joints. Good times ahead!

Cheers @VapoShop for making the hopper available in EU

I purchased an SS yesterday from VapoShop and I'm having slight buyers remorse realizing that it's highly likely the device will fail before I get my hopper from HL. My plan was to sell the VapoShop one used when the one from HL arrives, but if it fails and I send it in for warranty repair, I'd have to sell it without the warranty.

Hoping that if it breaks, there will be someone willing to buy it if I post that it is faulty and then they can send it in for repair themselves. I shouldn't be anticipating a broken hopper, but it seems more likely than not. I guess I could just keep both, but I'd prefer not to.

Bdubbdiblets

I purchased an SS yesterday from VapoShop and I'm having slight buyers remorse realizing that it's highly likely the device will fail before I get my hopper from HL. My plan was to sell the VapoShop one used when the one from HL arrives, but if it fails and I send it in for warranty repair, I'd have to sell it without the warranty.

Hoping that if it breaks, there will be someone willing to buy it if I post that it is faulty and then they can send it in for repair themselves. I shouldn't be anticipating a broken hopper, but it seems more likely than not. I guess I could just keep both, but I'd prefer not to.

Just get a refund from HL...then you only have one.

jabba

Perhaps it will make you feel better to know that VapoShop is now out of stock on all Grasshoppers. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones....I certainly do.

YaFreekin Right

I think you are getting worried about nothing. Yes many GH fail, but those are still in the minority. There are 4000-5000(guess) GH in the wild, if most of them were failing every forum would be page after page of complaints.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here but people with units that fail are much more vocal than people with working units.

Not sure why people are not buying those up. 200Eu (when VAT is removed), which is cheaper than the sold out ones posted earlier.

Steampuffer

When I registered my hopper with HL, I had to show proof of purchase from Vapefiend. This might be a problem for people buying from non dealers even if the original buyer has not registered it.

When I registered my hopper with HL, I had to show proof of purchase from Vapefiend. This might be a problem for people buying from non dealers even if the original buyer has not registered it.
That's a little worrying. Did you have to put in an order/confirmation number?

spacebuckette,

zurichris

Perhaps it will make you feel better to know that VapoShop is now out of stock on all Grasshoppers. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones....I certainly do.

fuck… fuck… fuck… he who hesitates is lost. procrastinated far too long over vaposhop - would have been perfect, I'm off to the Netherlands in just under three weeks to visit a friend. Price was pretty good when converted to CHF, free delivery within EU (and would have saved importing hassle by getting delivered to friend's). will have to get the calculator out and see if the vas budget will stretch to verdampfnochmal….

strange, two days into June and no Hopper Labs update so far.

zurichris,
Reactions: Michel

hippogriff

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here but people with units that fail are much more vocal than people with working units.
Can we leave it at "both sides of the issue are speculative"? I'm on my 7th warranty request, I've had two back ends, two bodies, and replaced early-failing batteries. Current issue is quickly heating up back end and only 1.5 bowls per battery w quickly slowing performance, seems likely I've got a short stealing energy so a 3rd back end in my future. I first got my hopper in November, so hopefully my story is the story of development and redesigned parts will solve my issues.

New things - especially new things made of 60-something custom parts - have kinks, folks who really don't like kinks should just ignore tech that's less than 3 years old, all these threads would be a lot shorter.

Worth noting that my CS experience has been consistent thru each return, I trust the process.

kingfisher

I had to give them the order number from Vapefiend and before they would let me register it, they said they would have to verify the order number and would register it then.

Well of that's the case then I will just register it before I sell the one I got from VF,and provide whomever buys it with the HL and email login info.

Imo they should be accepting all warranty returns until they get off back order. While my opinion may matter for nil. I will find a way to make what I feel is right happen.

kingfisher,

kingfisher

strange, two days into June and no Hopper Labs update so far.

Hahaha, no its pretty consistent as the past. I think there may have been a few that were on the first or 15th, but most were a few days late. At least there seems to be an increasing amount of confirmations going out.

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
Having dealt with the Hopper Labs warranty process twice already, I can confirm that the life time warranty is void if you sell it on and that both the device and box come with individual serial numbers and that proof of purchase from an authorised stockist needs to be confirmed.

zurichris

Vaposhop was a very good deal:
- 10% off with FC code
- Free shipping. HL charges 15$ for international shipping
- No customs/tax
- Warranty handled in Europe. This is the most important point at the current failure rate

I got one and canceled my September preorder
Got an order pending with verdampfnochmals (pending as I ordered the budgie as well at check out, and afterwards thought that I should probably get the attachment thingie for my crafty).

Looking good!

Having dealt with the Hopper Labs warranty process twice already, I can confirm that the life time warranty is void if you sell it on and that both the device and box come with individual serial numbers and that proof of purchase from an authorised stockist needs to be confirmed.
Can't you just give the proof of purchase info to the person you sell it to, as long as you don't register the device?

kingfisher

Can't you just give the proof of purchase info to the person you sell it to, as long as you don't register the device?

Even if you register it.. Just make a new email to register under. Send hopper in original box and as you said include all original info. I guess at least with the fc community you have a chance of being able to contact the seller if something were to arise. Well if you bought from me anyway;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So my SS started to blink red and blue while heating up now all of a sudden, still kinda works but that is the failure signal isn't it? Back end can kinda get hot inconsistently but moreso with those siren lights maybe... Could be a bad back end? The contact does seem slightly uneven and the dial always was rather tight to turn. Been less than two weeks only, but maybe I need to fill out the warranty form on it? Feeling kinda lazy about dealing with it, I do have a Blue Ti only used for one bowl at least (not to mention plenty of other vapes lol) Oh well maybe I'll keep trying to use it like this to test how it is working now even further...

Top Bottom