Discontinued The Grasshopper

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got my Hopper back about a week ago and it's kicking ass! When I first tried it I thought it was going to be too hot to use without the silicone tip. I have adjusted my technique and draws speed now so I can now use it naked without discomfort. Of course I'm using in when running it through water and this thing rips!

Nice Scott!

Have you tried it through one of your vapor tamers yet? This is actually the vape that had me wanting one the most...

Will probably be in touch soon per our last discussion since I have a whip and adapter coming for Evo too, should make it easy to use with any vape this way really.

Shit Snacks,

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
I have noticed if you "stutter" press the on/off, like really quickly and not fully depress the clicker, the lights will flash red but when that happens, I just click it all the way to turn on then off again.

This is what made me send in my Hopper, actually. I'd say this is the thing to be most cautious about for user error. It seems most of the ones that are defected are so via some internal issue, maybe shipping or just a mistake in hand made vapes (seriously, it's bound to happen with few calibrated machines putting together tiny parts). However, backend mis-click can be a killer, so forewarning friends. Also, warn your friends when they use it. You don't want some drunk slob breaking it (phew that was close).

So far, dropping it, pressing the clicking mechanism wrong or at a bad angle (you'd know if you felt it), and of course, pushing air through the device (not inhaling) are what you can do to fuck up your Grasshopper. :goon:

:sherlock: Quite the mystery though. I wonder if this was only my Hopper. It's happened a couple more times since I got it back. I asked them and they are going to send me a new body so I can test it without cost. Depending on the results, I'll be sending them back 1 or 2 Hoppers. I just hope it gets here this week... I'm leaving my residence on Saturday!

Averyminya,

scottg402

Nice Scott!

Have you tried it through one of your vapor tamers yet? This is actually the vape that had me wanting one the most...

Will probably be in touch soon per our last discussion since I have a whip and adapter coming for Evo too, should make it easy to use with any vape this way really.
Actually no not yet. But I will probably pull that bad boy out of the freeze now that you mention it.

To be honest though, I haven't used it with anything other than my Bomb. Love that tube!

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Sorry I have google never mind. That's quite interesting! Would like to see the result as well.

Averyminya,

Just Justin

Anyone who has used or owned a GH, would never cancel their order because they are quite amazing, IMO, different than anything else out there. The GH is great and it's worth the wait, worth the time and it's worth working out the issues. It's a new product from a new company but geez, I really wish we knew exactly what was causing all of the issues. I know I have my GH so people who are still waiting will probably boo this post but I think you gotta give GHL a little more credit for what they're doing, although I think they could definitely do a better job updating and explaining what's up to the people that are making their business possible. I am terribly impatient so if I didn't have my GH and I had to read messages like this one, I would probably boo it too and I would certainly be upset with GHL for not doing a better job informing their customers, however I understand that it's not always that simple. It's gotta be frustrating getting so many GH's back that have failed and it seems like they could get to the bottom of it once and for all but it must be more complicated than that.............I agree though that people are much more likely to post about a problem than praise it so I have a feeling that there are still more working GH's than duds.

virtualpurple

im not sure anyone should be expecting a positive update.

I emailed caroline a few days ago to clarify if I could expect my order in December (currently the listed shipping date, it has been delayed several times since I ordered in February. )

The email that I received in return from Caroline was that my "purchase date" would likely be received in December but that my hopper would likely not ship until sometime in January. I emailed her back several hours later for clarification on what she meant by my purchase date being received. I have not heard anything in return since then.

I am really getting skeptical about any of the customer service with grasshopper labs at this point. And no update on top of that seems to be deterring as well.

I think it's very safe to assume that Grasshopper, despite their optimistic updates that project their shipping output to increase rapidly, is very much hamstrung by their increased need to replace faulty units.

AgentXero

im not sure anyone should be expecting a positive update.

I emailed caroline a few days ago to clarify if I could expect my order in December (currently the listed shipping date, it has been delayed several times since I ordered in February. )

The email that I received in return from Caroline was that my "purchase date" would likely be received in December but that my hopper would likely not ship until sometime in January. I emailed her back several hours later for clarification on what she meant by my purchase date being received. I have not heard anything in return since then.

I am really getting skeptical about any of the customer service with grasshopper labs at this point. And no update on top of that seems to be deterring as well.

I think it's very safe to assume that Grasshopper, despite their optimistic updates that project their shipping output to increase rapidly, is very much hamstrung by their increased need to replace faulty units.

There are still some people yesterday and today receiving address confirmations, it can't be (hopefully) that bad.

Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o

I'm really holding back by not emailing asking for a refund right this minute...this will be the 2nd time now. As a customer I'm NOT liking what I see/hear.

Maybe I should just move the $$$ that was going to the grasshopper to the e-nano since it has all my attention right now.
Plus epicvape seems like they have good business sense

I'm another long-time lurker piping up to say that I don't think anything catastrophic is going on - I just received my Ti Hopper on Monday and it's working flawlessly so far. I'm an early-December 2013 backer, and the stainless Hopper I ordered came as well, although the extra battery I ordered did not - I assume, as someone did above, that they're out of batteries but trying to ship orders anyway, but I haven't looked into it yet.

I'm not sure my detailed first impression would be useful, since I'll just echo what many have said before me: the construction is solid, the heat-up time really is ridiculously quick, and the vapor production is really powerful. I've used it heavily over the past couple days and been impressed by every aspect. It does get pretty hot, to be fair, but it's a non-issue with the silicone tip and you could get away without it if you weren't taking crazy draws.

I was getting really frustrated by the 2-year wait time, but this thread and the various video reviews made me keep my faith, and all my frustration has gone away with the device in my hand. I say you should believe the hype and not do anything drastic!

tubasco

No flaming. Do not post any content that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member. Please be nice to newbies.
I'm another long-time lurker piping up to say that I don't think anything catastrophic is going on - I just received my Ti Hopper on Monday and it's working flawlessly so far. I'm an early-December 2013 backer, and the stainless Hopper I ordered came as well, although the extra battery I ordered did not - I assume, as someone did above, that they're out of batteries but trying to ship orders anyway, but I haven't looked into it yet.

I'm not sure my detailed first impression would be useful, since I'll just echo what many have said before me: the construction is solid, the heat-up time really is ridiculously quick, and the vapor production is really powerful. I've used it heavily over the past couple days and been impressed by every aspect. It does get pretty hot, to be fair, but it's a non-issue with the silicone tip and you could get away without it if you weren't taking crazy draws.

I was getting really frustrated by the 2-year wait time, but this thread and the various video reviews made me keep my faith, and all my frustration has gone away with the device in my hand. I say you should believe the hype and not do anything drastic!

Hey there "SmallMcCartney"...I can't help but be suspect of you, your account, and you're unfounded positivity. You waited 2 years... lurking here possibly the entire time, and you NEVER felt like chiming in about your wait?
In my experience, us backers have always referred to our EXACT backing dates, as sort of a badge of pride. I've never once said "I'm an 'early December' backer." I always say "I'm a Dec 11 backer." "Early December" is the language that we've seen repeatedly in emails from GHL to backers asking why there's been yet ANOTHER delay without rational explanation.
Of course we're not "owed" an explanation, but I'm sure I speak for others as well when I kindly request GHL to stop just saying PayPal-friendly words already! We've had enough of that!
Ok, with all that being said, how in the HELL did THIS thread help you "keep the faith?" THIS thread is the place where people go to bitch about their hoppers' issues and the lack of competency in the business aspect of this situation. You obviously couldn't have been THAT frustrated with the wait, since this is your very first post here ever. How did all the complaints console you so much to the point that that you finally feel the need to chime in just ONE day after receiving your hopper? Shouldn't you be away from this thread since your hopper works "flawlessly?"
Of course your scenario is a literal possibility, but I'm just not sold on the plausibility. Not that you are required to sell me on it...but this stinks, badly. I'm very suspect of you.
Your post is the exact kind of post that a small boutique business owner might make anonymously as an attempt at damage control to calm the masses. There's likely an onslaught of refund requests happening now.
For goodness sake, your post was even made at the exact time that the updates usually go live! (just a day later)
:sherlock:
So, Trevor, Matt, Caroline...whoever this is: what's really going on? Seriously.
My guess is y'all are waiting on ANOTHER batch of batteries (and likely outsourced parts) but you are not being forthcoming with that, since it's already been reported that ALL parts are in stock. Who in their right mind will preorder something knowing full well the parts aren't even in stock to make it?

For the record I also still think GHL is only getting a handful of heaters made at a time.

PayPal policy has been broken, and some shady shit is going down to try and skirt the grey areas of that.

I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong.

tubasco,
Reactions: j-bug

KBecks

And people wonder why users aren't posting positive experiences. Who wants to come down from high heaven to get shit on?

A request for good reviews has brought the lurkers out of the shadows. The wait has been long and frustrating, but why not see it as an opportunity to engage more enthusiastic users?

I've followed various threads on FC for half a decade, but did not use my account until about 6 months ago,and have only posted, A handful of times. (I've used this account so little I thought I just made it.)

I can't imagine I'll take the time to post a review

@SmallMcCartney, I for one am excited to read your review @tubasco thanks for keeping my hope alive one more day

Last edited:

tubasco

And people wonder why users aren't posting positive experiences.

who's wondered this? I thought it was the general consensus that most happy customers are not here posting simply because they're off being happy customers.

it is absolute bullshit that the latest update was skipped, and that my recently updated estimated ship date is November. They are not doing anything at HL to instill confidence in their business or product.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Hey!
Thanks for posting.
Welcome.

Gandalf

I'm getting very frustrated with GHL, 3 days now after my initial refund request and I haven't heard anything back. I really want to avoid opening a PayPal dispute but that's what I will be forced to do if they refuse to acknowledge my request.

By the way, the only reason I'm cancelling my preorder is because my order was placed at the end of last month, so I would have a LONG time to wait anyway, and I'd rather sit back and see how things play out over the next couple months. If I had placed an earlier preorder I'd likely just leave it alone at this point to hold my place in line.

Come on GHL, it's obvious that people are very concerned about the missing update... How long does it take to write a short email to ease everyone's concerns?

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I'm getting very frustrated with GHL, 3 days now after my initial refund request and I haven't heard anything back. I really want to avoid opening a PayPal dispute but that's what I will be forced to do if they refuse to acknowledge my request.

By the way, the only reason I'm cancelling my preorder is because my order was placed at the end of last month, so I would have a LONG time to wait anyway, and I'd rather sit back and see how things play out over the next couple months. If I had placed an earlier preorder I'd likely just leave it alone at this point to hold my place in line.

Come on GHL, it's obvious that people are very concerned about the missing update... How long does it take to write a short email to ease everyone's concerns?

Please keep us in the loop on your refund request. Maybe they are all taking an early and extra long holiday? I am not sure, but the lack of update has been one of the most odd and alarming things from GHL in the last few years IMO. If they had previously occasionally missed updates i wouldn't be so concerned but this is i believe the first time ever, and it has me on edge more now then ever.

It is probably just me, so don't start the panic but what the hell else can you miss GHL? The update is something hundreds of people if not thousands look forward to twice a month. By not providing one, they will likely scare off some people who have already contributed at the very least.

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
Maybe, just maybe, the Grasshopper folks decided to take a few days off? I wouldn't blame them if they decided to go see their families or to unwind in the hills the week before Christmas.

snorcan,
Reactions: grokit

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Maybe, just maybe, the Grasshopper folks decided to take a few days off? I wouldn't blame them if they decided to go see their families or to unwind in the hills the week before Christmas.

It still doesn't excuse the lack of update. Hell, the way those things are written they could have pounded it out last week and just clicked the send button yesterday.

Bottom line. Most people do not get two weeks off for xmas. So i think it would be just unprofessional for a company whom is as far behind as GHL to grant employees two weeks off considering all of their lofty expectations. There is still people who have an estimated delivery date of November. That's just bad business IMO. As hard as I have worked and exceeded goals in various jobs, i have never received two weeks off for xmas holiday and i don't feel even slightly bad if they GHL crew worked every day except the 25th (National holiday). IMO they should be working that 8 to 5 on Xmas Eve too.

IMO the lack of update and going radio silent is a bit of a slap in the face to all of us with money in their pocket. The update is the bare minimal to keep me sane.

Last edited:

Likes2vape

It took me three emails and a little over a week to get a refund from GHL. The last email I sent I told them this is the 3rd and final email and that if I didn't get a refund by the end of the day I would open a PayPal dispute. I had my refund 2 hours later.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
:uhh::disgust:

They want to send an update that says all backers are shipped, and pre order shipping has begun? And are waiting until hey can do so? :shrug:

Not a good idea at all, but maybe that's their thought? It was pretty ridiculous to hear all about a new website and shipping estimates, only to find out we all just got another month bump that has already proved false for many

I still have faith overall, but yeah it would sure be nice if they could instill some more confidence instead of only fear now...
With you @IAmKrazy2

shadymilkman

Echochamber.

Sales were exponential through the last days of the campaign, which means each day had more units to build and ship than the last, which is contributing to the perception of a slow down. And batteries seem to be a constraint with extras not being sent, an objective outlook would be that there was an increase in demand for extra batteries added during the recent confirmation phase, which could have outstripped supply.. if a few earlier backers each added 10 batteries, that got shipped.. GH would have had to order more, as it stands now it looks like a 1:1 with no excess being sent. while they delay for any kind of confirmation from their supplier.. guys itll be ok.

Kalessin

I am still hopeful it will be okay, since confirmations and such are still being sent out, but Damn. Fuck. It's a terrible idea to hold off on updating, regardless of why they're doing it. It is just NOT. GOOD. I don't know what would make them think it would be even somewhat acceptable to everyone online biting their nails waiting.

Top Bottom