Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
Just got home to a box at the door, had my battery and charger in it. On charge now, and I have to say, it was worth the wait. Very nice external charger, rubber base with blue glowing light while charging and I think it turns solid blue when done. It uses the existing power supply that comes with the Firefly. Oh how I craved the taste of my Firefly all day. Now were talking.

Water filtration is not necessary with the Firefly. It is by far the coolest looking and smoothest hitting vaporizer I've tried.

Last edited:

tufftitty

@mckeen hey bud, what do you mean by this?

"It uses the existing power supply that comes with the Firefly"

Do you mean the external charger uses the cord/plug that came with the FF?

Last edited:
tufftitty,
Reactions: woodrow

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hopefully with time we will see if this is going to be one of the top vapes for flavor.
Also with time the price is sure to come down for the ff and the assessories. The battery and the extra charger $120 is a bit steep.

If I bought a ff for sure I would want to buy a couple of extra batteries and a charger.

Shiggity

From all the talk on here in a weak moment I clicked purchase. My FF is waiting at the fedex office for me to pick it up. I have a vapir one and like the effects and taste but the noise of it just didnt jibe with me. I really like the way the FF still gives you a glow experience and the noise wont be a factor. Looking forward to trying it today!

grokit

well-worn member
Just got home to a box at the door, had my battery and charger in it. On charge now, and I have to say, it was worth the wait. Very nice external charger, rubber base with blue glowing light while charging and I think it turns solid blue when done. It uses the existing power supply that comes with the Firefly. Oh how I craved the taste of my Firefly all day. Now were talking.

Water filtration is not necessary with the Firefly. It is by far the coolest looking and smoothest hitting vaporizer I've tried.

That sound great, but I'm gonna need another 9v 1.2 amp adapter dammit!
Just noticed it's firefly branded, that is unusual these days.

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
That is a tiny bit annoying that is uses the existing AC adapter to plug in to the wall. That means you can't charge one battery in the unit and one battery in the external charger with out purchasing another adapter. I assumed it plugged directly into the wall.
This won't be an issue for me but some may need to spend an extra few bucks for another wall adapter.

mckeen,
Reactions: woodrow

hoyo77

Damn..damn....damn...another moment of weakness to report. i have been reading these posts and i accidentally navigated to the firefly home page and clicked the chat feature...i had a 10 minute convo with a rep named Stacey...very polite and helpful. I told her i did not see the premium package deal anymore on the site. She said one sec she needed to check for it..she came back and told me it was discontinued. She said that if i bought one today they would give me the premium package deal...in a moment of weakness i pulled the trigger....my FF will be here next week and its the RED ONE!!!!!!!

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
Damn..damn....damn...another moment of weakness to report. i have been reading these posts and i accidentally navigated to the firefly home page and clicked the chat feature...i had a 10 minute convo with a rep named Stacey...very polite and helpful. I told her i did not see the premium package deal anymore on the site. She said one sec she needed to check for it..she came back and told me it was discontinued. She said that if i bought one today they would give me the premium package deal...in a moment of weakness i pulled the trigger....my FF will be here next week and its the RED ONE!!!!!!!
Another luck bucket, got a red one. And the premium deal. That's a great package. Was that deal for 299 less 10%?

Shiggity

OK I admit it. I had a session before returning to work and now am basically useless trying to get things done.
First impressions: Nice feel and balance. I like the grey fleck paint. Checked gaskets and they were all nice and situated.
Filled almost all the way super dry medium grind. lightly tamped.
pushed in to glow and exhaled at the same time. probably 2 sec warm-up, then drew back on the mouthpiece slowly for about 10. Let go of the button and drew for 5 more. Great taste and a little cloud upon exhale. fantastic taste. Licked my lips tasty. Some abv rose up and stuck to window. easily removed with q tip.
rinse repeat.
I really enjoyed it. I still felt comfortable with my pipe ritual, the glow was welcoming and a visual indicator of what is happening. I didn't feel that it was a terrible learning curve, just that it is like the old saying " a minute to learn...a lifetime to master". May I study well.

Will have to see what is up with battery; but since li-ion has no memory issues and prefers shallow discharge I may kind of keep it plugged in during session pauses, just removing the cord when another partaking is taking place. At least till I splurge for a spare battery.

Last edited:

dirty_honest

/\/\/\
@dirty_honest so you asked them about how to replace the screen,?

@tufftitty Yeah, it's easy enough to remove, but putting it back in is a hassle. Luckily it's not something I will have to do often if ever. But when I got it, I wanted to see how everything worked, so I did remove it...and putting it back in caused the screen mesh edges to bend and not really slide back in as easily as I hoped. Also, I feared that some tiny metal shavings may have separated. They recommend using the black toothpick that's included, but it's still a challenge. The FF rep noted this is something that the manufacturer is aware of... and that I needed to try a few more times to get a proper technique down. So I graciously asked her if she would send me few more to practice with (since I had bend/destroyed my spares) and she agreed. A new cleaning kit should be arriving in the mail soon.

Great customer service. Looking forward to buying an extra battery soon... but the one that is comes with is more than sufficient. I'm no chain smoker like some on this thread :cool:

EDIT: A new cleaning kit arrived today! That was quick.

Last edited:

Miwiwa

Hey Everyone, First time poster, long time lurker here, wanting to say "Thanks" to everyone on this forum, but especially this thread. I am completely hooked on vaping, love my MFLB, The Solo is fantastic, but..
A few minutes ago, the same thing that happened to hoya77 happened to me, I went over to firefly live chat and ....
Just ordered A Firefly... Dark Gray I went cheap on the shipping, so I won't see it for a week, But I was able to secure the premium package, which is $35 for spare battery and external charger ($55 savings) with no additional discount.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
That is a tiny bit annoying that is uses the existing AC adapter to plug in to the wall. That means you can't charge one battery in the unit and one battery in the external charger with out purchasing another adapter. I assumed it plugged directly into the wall.

This gets a bit expensive, I'm getting annoyed just hearing about it. I think this prices many people that medicate regularly and that are on the go out of the market. This unit is too spendy for me.

If the cost doesn't come down I won't be buying this vape. It sounds great but with the added cost of the extra batteries and the extra adapter that you need to buy, your looking at a lot of money.

Last edited:

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
Having the second battery is great. You think maybe a 12v vehicle charger is in the works?
Hey Everyone, First time poster, long time lurker here, wanting to say "Thanks" to everyone on this forum, but especially this thread. I am completely hooked on vaping, love my MFLB, The Solo is fantastic, but..
A few minutes ago, the same thing that happened to hoya77 happened to me, I went over to firefly live chat and ....
Just ordered A Firefly... Dark Gray I went cheap on the shipping, so I won't see it for a week, But I was able to secure the premium package, which is $35 for spare battery and external charger ($55 savings) with no additional discount.
That's a great deal. Basicly you pay for the second battery and get an external charger for 5 bucks. I think that is the deal you spoke of, right?

hoyo77

Having the second battery is great. You think maybe a 12v vehicle charger is in the works?

That's a great deal. Basicly you pay for the second battery and get an external charger for 5 bucks. I think that is the deal you spoke of, right?

Congrats man...i just got off the phone with them. They had a problem with the premium package option. The system was not letting them apply the discount so they fixed it and said my premium package would arrive in a separate shipment. then they asked if i had received the tracking number for my firefly..i was like no, are you telling me it has shipped..they said yes, would u like the tracking number...hell yeah!!!...shipping from Las Vegas...hmmmm go figure.

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
Congrats man...i just got off the phone with them. They had a problem with the premium package option. The system was not letting them apply the discount so they fixed it and said my premium package would arrive in a separate shipment. then they asked if i had received the tracking number for my firefly..i was like no, are you telling me it has shipped..they said yes, would u like the tracking number...hell yeah!!!...shipping from Las Vegas...hmmmm go figure.
Mine came out of Seattle by way of Las Vegas, go figure. Check your Junk mail, that's were my shipping/tracking stuff was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom