Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I bought an FF2 in late September and love it so much I may find myself having to purchase a new FF original off of eBay at a good price just to have the complete set ...
My brand new Ferrari Red FF1 arrives today ....can't wait ... Got it off eBay at a good price. anyone doing the same, remember to ask for the S/N and confirm its authenticity with Firefly support as there are many clones out there.

NYC_Frank

Really love my firefly 1. I put the new 770 battery in it and it performs excellent. Hope you make out ok with the one on ebay.
Just gave it a whirl .....wow .... Totally different experience and luxury from the FF2 ....they're both totally unique and complement each other .... Going to use my. FF1 sparingly on weekend and special occasions as the need arises ....I am so psyched ....

I was hoping the FF2 battery would be a big improvement over the original FF1 battery. I would think I should keep the FF1 battery only in the FF1 unit right? ..thanks

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Just gave it a whirl .....wow .... Totally different experience and luxury from the FF2 ....they're both totally unique and complement each other .... Going to use my. FF1 sparingly on weekend and special occasions as the need arises ....I am so psyched ....

I was hoping the FF2 battery would be a big improvement over the original FF1 battery. I would think I should keep the FF1 battery only in the FF1 unit right? ..thanks
The FF1 battery can be difficult to remove from the FF2....I personally would keep them separate, though they both work in either device.

sixstringsmash

Not a lot of attention for the OG firefly lately it seems....

Well I just brought my FF1 out of retirement today to give it a spin and whenever I do I always seem to forgot about just how beautiful this thing looks. Not as many bells and whistles on the original as on the FF2 and a bit harder to keep clean but man it is just so much more attractive, and she does still tend to pack quite a punch while doing it. Oh I forgot how much I missed this thing.

mitchgo61

Not a lot of attention for the OG firefly lately it seems....

Well I just brought my FF1 out of retirement today to give it a spin and whenever I do I always seem to forgot about just how beautiful this thing looks. Not as many bells and whistles on the original as on the FF2 and a bit harder to keep clean but man it is just so much more attractive, and she does still tend to pack quite a punch while doing it. Oh I forgot how much I missed this thing.
I still have three of them! I need to take them for a spin....they are awesome. :nod:

NYC_Frank

I just wanted to drop a note about the terrific support I got from FireFly and VapeWorld .

I was cleaning my FF1 and I managed to pull the O ring completely out along with the screen. I had purchased the unit off eBay about 6 months ago after first confirming the S/N with FireFly support its authenticity.

I contacted Firefly and explained the issue adding that I had purchased off eBay and expected them to give me a quote for the repair. Instead they validated the S/N and told me that I was covered under warranty for 5 years. They had me ship it to VapeWorld for the repair and I had it back in my hands good as new in a week and a half. On top of everything they replaced the old FF1 battery with the far superior FF2 one. Far out.

ChaiLifeOR

I just got an OG Firefly in pristine condition. He said used twice. I didn’t believe him at first but seeing how dirty it gets after each he may have been telling the truth. Anyway, I love this thing. My question is, does it have no temp control aside from draw speed and length of power? And if it does, how do you control it?

ChaiLifeOR,
Reactions: grokit

hoptimum

I just got an OG Firefly in pristine condition. He said used twice. I didn’t believe him at first but seeing how dirty it gets after each he may have been telling the truth. Anyway, I love this thing. My question is, does it have no temp control aside from draw speed and length of power? And if it does, how do you control it?

It's a very basic, manual vape. You control the temp by cycling the heat and the intensity of your draw. I let the green light flash 3 times before I start a slow, even draw.

mitchgo61

No control other than draw, and how long you hold down the power button.

Just be prepared, there’s a bit of a learning curve. Once you master it, though.....:rockon:

grokit

well-worn member
There's one in the fs forums right now :tup:

I hardly ever use my og firefly, but always enjoy it when I take her out for a spin. I suppose it's like having a well-tuned '64 mustang in the garage; not the most efficient or the best handling, but there's something about that chrome and the cool vapor it provides that makes using the og.ff an unbeatable experience.

:sherlock:

Petunia Vanish

There's one in the fs forums right now :tup:

I hardly ever use my og firefly, but always enjoy it when I take her out for a spin. I suppose it's like having a well-tuned '64 mustang in the garage; not the most efficient or the best handling, but there's something about that chrome and the cool vapor it provides that makes using the og.ff an unbeatable experience.

:sherlock:
Agreed! I end up throwing abv from FF1 into herbal aire elite to finish it off

NYC_Frank

Totally agree ... Love my Ferrari Red FF1 ... but I'm bumming as I dislodged and damaged the rubber gasket at the bottom on the bowl and Firefly has it on backorder for 2 months already with no ETA ... I already have a FF2 so theyre saying I could wait as they do expect the restock at some point .... or ... They're offering me $265 credit to VapeWorld ... So basically I would swap my FF1 for a Crafty ... should I consider the credit as this is the second time I've pulled that damned gasket ? ... I'd miss my FF1 though terribly :drool:

NYC_Frank,

NYC_Frank

Totally agree ... Love my Ferrari Red FF1 ... but I'm bumming as I dislodged and damaged the rubber gasket at the bottom on the bowl and Firefly has it on backorder for 2 months already with no ETA ... I already have a FF2 so theyre saying I could wait as they do expect the restock at some point .... or ... They're offering me $265 credit to VapeWorld ... So basically I would swap my FF1 for a Crafty ... should I consider the credit as this is the second time I've pulled that damned gasket ? ... I'd miss my FF1 though terribly :drool:
Changed my mind ... ill wait for the repair ... If I were going to replace my FF1 it would have to be with another convection on demand portable and besides FireFly the only one I know of is the Ghost MV1 ... I like the styling of my FF1 much better

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@NYC_Frank: For on-demand convection check: Milaana / Milaana 2, Splinter / Splinter Z, MistVape Touch / MVT2, The Project, Tubo Evic, The Nomad, StemPod. I'm omitting a couple others.....

Modnote: Edited to remove rule-breaking commentary

Last edited by a moderator:

NYC_Frank

@NYC_Frank: For on-demand convection check: Milaana / Milaana 2, Splinter / Splinter Z, MistVape Touch / MVT2, The Project, Tubo Evic, The Nomad, StemPod. I'm omitting a couple others....
Thanks much ... Appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
NYC_Frank,
Reactions: KeroZen

NYC_Frank

Changed my mind ... ill wait for the repair ... If I were going to replace my FF1 it would have to be with another convection on demand portable and besides FireFly the only one I know of is the Ghost MV1 ... I like the styling of my FF1 much better
Got my Red FireFly back safe and sound ... Took 3, months but well worth the wait ... Thanks To Mike @ VapeWorld and FireFly Supporr.

NYC_Frank

Got my Red FireFly back safe and sound ... Took 3, months but well worth the wait ... Thanks To Mike
... Oh well ... Noticed that the entire bowl assembly seemed loose right off the bat and then the gasket started coming loose within the first 3 weeks ... Contacted vapeworld support who arranged a Warranty Replacement Credit at $269 on the spot ... THANKS VapeWorld ... Will be purchasing a Davinci Miqro Explorers + addl accessories and also a Jet Black lid (an early Christmas present for my FF2 who's really missing her older sister) ... "All things must pass" .... Fare thee well ferrari red FireFly 1 ... thanks for the memories ...

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@NYC_Frank
I haven’t used my OG FF in a few years since my VAS went into full throttle.
You probably need to get a new battery for it, but it should still work.
If you want it, it’s all yours - just PM me and we can figure out logistics.
I’d rather it get loved and used than collect dust.

NYC_Frank

@NYC_Frank
I haven’t used my OG FF in a few years since my VAS went into full throttle.
You probably need to get a new battery for it, but it should still work.
If you want it, it’s all yours - just PM me and we can figure out logistics.
I’d rather it get loved and used than collect dust.
Jill ... I will never be able to thank you enough ... my birthday is Monday and you gave this Brooklyn Italian kid the best early B-day present he's ever gotten ... Mille Grazie and Buonasera Bella ❤

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Jill ... I will never be able to thank you enough ... my birthday is Monday and you gave this Brooklyn Italian kid the best early B-day present he's ever gotten ... Mille Grazie and Buonasera Bella ❤
I had the first addition of the FIREFLY.

Decent taste in my opinion that some find not valid.

Man was it amazing!

What is the latest like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom