Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
That was what the LED on the external charger was doing. I didn't plug the unit in with that battery, so I don't know what the unit LED would do. Unit works with other battery fine and other battery charges normally. Also, I figured out how to get the last bits of the load. Much longer button hold before hit begins and it bumps it up enough.

fbrinsley

franklin
Man I guess I got try it then :huh:
Where's @steama hahaa

@fbrinsley
What's this mean bro
" i dunno it all seems like six of twelve really ground v non. "

six of twelve half dozen of another. an expression meaning all things being equal, seems like a wash vaping with ground herbs vs non ground herbs. in other words, my vape hits are just as tasty either way.

Un Prophete

The lid is on tight, so that's not the culprit. I guess I just don't understand how people aren't getting ANY particulates, considering the air flow goes through the material and straight to your lungs. I was coughing stuff up for an hour last night.

Un Prophete,
Reactions: steama

fbrinsley

franklin
The lid is on tight, so that's not the culprit. I guess I just don't understand how people aren't getting ANY particulates, considering the air flow goes through the material and straight to your lungs. I was coughing stuff up for an hour last night.
my 1st two seshes i ended up with ton of debris. after that i started placing one of the provided screens on top of my load. after a few more sessions i got a better feel for the pull and discontinued with the screen on top. you'll get the hang of it. that was my first complaint. why do i have a vape where the herbs clog the air flow? but you'll get the hang...

fbrinsley,
Reactions: grokit

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Good Morning, Fellow Fuck-Combustionites

Received my FF yesterday afternoon and got a chance to try it out a few times last night.

Gorgeous unit...everthing everyone said it was as far as build quality goes; very sexy. I followed the tips and was able to get milky draws right from the beginning. The taste is excellent and the draws smooth.

OK, here is my dilemma: just like Raskin666 had mentioned, I cannot for the life of me get my AVB past a light-medium brown. I realize I can't get it as dark as I do in the Da Vinci or Solo, but I just feel like I'm not getting all the goodies that boil at higher temperatures. Frustrating. I even hold the button down for awhile before hitting to get it hotter. I mix and lightly tamp my contents near the end...but no luck.

I've seriously considered hitting the heat button a second time during the draw to ramp the heat up but really do not wish to do damage to my FF with combustion. Has anyone had any luck at all bringing their goodies to a dark brown?

I have two very good strains but cannot achieve this with either.

Again, thank you to all for your help and tips.

Un Prophete

Phew, I think I may have figured out my problem. I was sucking on the thing like a straw, but if I leave a little bit of space between my lips and the mouthpiece, and inhale, no more debris! Happy days

Shiggity

I have started breaking a whole flower into two or 3 pieces as I put it in the glass bowl. It is a good compromise for me and works well. I keep a set of cue tips and some moonshine on my night table to clean the glass and air ports around the porthole.

Had a friend over who owns a volcano and he was very impressed. He kept checking out the magnetic lid and just generally caressing the FF like I always end up doing. I love when you watch someone else and you can see the glow in the side ports. looks just like they are enjoying a pipe. The hold and feel is quite the same.

I did tell him that if he bought one an extra battery and the charger is pretty mandatory. Still think they should market the premium package instead of keeping it on the downlow. The extra battery really mitigates some of the only problems with the FF. (number of draws before battery drain)

I like to shallow discharge the battery too with an occasional deep discharge as L-ion prefers shallow discharge. So with the new battery I can switch out about when I estimate the battery is half empty.

Is it too soon to talk about a FF2? haha. Why not. I would love to see these things in the FF2
1. A bend at the bowl end with matching bend in lid. I would love to see the porthole more directly. Not too extreme of a bend just a few degrees. I don't want to make it non-pocket friendly.
2. Ability to vape with cord attached. This would help those with only one battery.
3. Improved screen retention system. Its prob just me and I think the screen still protects the ports but I don't like that it can move back and forth so easily.
4. More of a positive click in the on button, I don't mind the one as is but a little more button feedback would be nicer.

The lack of these features is hardly a deal breaker for me. I could find things about a Lamborghini I would change. haha.

I think this vaporizer begins a whole new category of vaporizer for me. It has become a portable vaporizer that doesn't leave the house. I don't need to drag a larger vaporizer around. I can go to the kitchen with it in my pocket and vape while cooking, going back into the living room to share some with my girlfriend. The vape then easily goes upstairs with me and takes up a nice spot on the nightstand while I play my Xbox and my girl watches the bachelor. We can pass it back and forth between us and it travels around the house without a hitch while giving a superior vape. In fact I am so attached to it in a personal way I wouldn't dare take it out of the house!

A good analogy would be those people like me that only have cell phones at home and don't need a phone dedicated just for the house. Another might be those that don't use a desktop at home because they have an ipad.
@WildChild, If I slow the draw or really compact it in the bowl I get dark brown to black results. If I loosely break it up and dont pack so hard and draw evenly without effort I dont get super dark results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
I had more success achieving a darker brown by holding the button for longer before beginning my draw and that helped knock out the remainder in combination with tamping it down a bit.
I also tried plugging in the unit while the faulty battery was in it. Solid blue light with occasional green light. Did the same thing too. Turned on, began press, 7 seconds then everything dies. Other battery works fine still, so definitely not unit. Hopefully I can get a replacement quickly, having 2 batteries is a must and a huge convenience. This morning I got some truly nice tasting hits with a nug loosely pulled apart a little by hand. The ABV this morning was a more satisfying color.

hoyo77

The only complaint i have with firefly so far is the retail price of the extra battery and charger is a bit steep...glad i got it on the VIP deal...woke up this morning for a wake a vape session and my FF was dead..grabbed the spare battery and DAMN!!! late for work yet again!!

They are so damn good at the Firefly office (esp. Sarah). Added benefits of Firefly ownership.
Just to test the limits of their customer service...i opened up a chat with SarahC to ask a few questions. I asked her what bag\case do you guys use to store your FF when travelling. She asked for my email and said she would ask the guys and email me. I checked my email and Sarah responded saying they use Dimebags. I am now forever a firefly customer. i personally will get a Vatra case.

fbrinsley

franklin
my only complaint would be coupious amounts of coughing my god damned head off. i'm an old timer with literal poop for lungs. has anyone considered a whip attatchment? i know this notion may be sacrosanct to FF afficianados, but i'm old. im 42 with the lungs of an 85 yr old. that was after testing at the dr.'s office. i blame menthols.

so two queries for the FF folk 1. whip attatch? and B. jameco car charger solution?

fbrinsley,
Reactions: hoyo77

hoyo77

LMAO! So responsive — Like a Porsche Carrara or maybe a Firefly!
Man this FF has me rethinking my Vape collection...i may have to unload some stu
my only complaint would be coupious amounts of coughing my god damned head off. i'm an old timer with literal poop for lungs. has anyone considered a whip attatchment? i know this notion may be sacrosanct to FF afficianados, but i'm old. im 42 with the lungs of an 85 yr old. that was after testing at the dr.'s office. i blame menthols.
Shit i am 47 and i would love an extended mouthpiece or something to extend the mouthpiece on this bad boy and maybe a bigger bowl on the next model that comes out.

green2brown

My turn to give praise to the FF customer service team: I spoke with Stacey this morning who honored the Premium Package price of $30 (+ $10 shipping) for a spare battery and external charger even though I purchased my FF from Vapeworld, an authorized retailer, and not directly from FF. I should have it no later than the end of the week. She added that I should call anytime with any and all questions and feedback. Now that's taking care of your customers.

hoyo77

fbrinsley

franklin
fbrinsley,

fbrinsley

franklin
here's a few thoughts after 5 days with the FF. i listened to the boingboingnet podcast with the creators. and i can't help but wonder if too much emphasis was put on the user experience. you really should check out that podcast.

does anyone here that owns a FF also own a solo? i'm just curious. i'm comparing my FF experiences to the past six months of solo usage and i can't help but think the FF isn't exactly as user friendly as the creators had hoped for.

i will say that the FF for sure delivers better vapor taste, for me there is no doubt. i'm enjoying some of the tastiest vapes i've ever had pleasure. i just have a hunch my materials go twice as far in the solo. anyone care to chime?

fbrinsley,
Reactions: Raskin666

green2brown

i will say that the FF for sure delivers better vapor taste, for me there is no doubt. i'm enjoying some of the tastiest vapes i've ever had pleasure. i just have a hunch my materials go twice as far in the solo. anyone care to chime?

You can check out the list of portables I've owned in my signature, but the FF is the first one that I feel I get what I put into it, meaning .1g gets me as medicated as I expect to be from .1g. Every other portable I've owned, Solo included, required me to use more material than my standard dose in order to effectively medicate. This is likely due to the conduction aspect of most other portables vapes, which wastes some material.

grokit

well-worn member
I like the firefly because it reminds me of what I used to like about using a pipe.
Mainly the form factor, the visible bowl, and the glow.

And because it doesn't remind me of why I hated using even glass pipes,
meaning the taste after the first toke or two was horrible.

fbrinsley

franklin
You can check out the list of portables I've owned in my signature, but the FF is the first one that I feel I get what I put into it, meaning .1g gets me as medicated as I expect to be from .1g. Every other portable I've owned, Solo included, required me to use more material than my standard dose in order to effectively medicate. This is likely due to the conduction aspects of most other portables vapes, which wastes some material.
i for def agree that the solo takes more in my stems than i need. i could get a shorty but haven't yet.
the FF tics so many boxes off. the instant hit is brilliant. 2.5 min for the solo is agonizing.
i'm still learning.
and maybe that's why i'm thinking solo goes twice as far. using twice as much material. i must do side by side peer reviewed study.
and the toots from this snoozing puppy at my feet are off the friggn chart. blech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom