Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
RMA30

Was told not to expect shipping/tracking notice till end of day tomorrow so "heading my way" may be a tad optimistic, but close enough.
I understand that they have sold over 2000 of these units. 30 returns is about 1% defect rate. That is outstanding.

mckeen,
Reactions: steama

dac13

Hello question for anyone who has a firefly. What isyour method for using your device? When you flip the switch on, is it ready to hit right away? Or Do you preheat before you hit?

How much weight do you pack in one bowl and how many hits do you get? for example say if like you pack .15 do you get five 10 second hits from that or what?

dac13,

AnnaHigh

Question for owners: I want to buy a 220V charger-analog in advance. I cant see the value of OUTPUT back side charger on foto for the correct choice.

Hello.
I asked this question twice customer service FF.
Received a response from Sarah C: "... regarding charging the Firefly is that the Firefly is 110 volt."
Received a second response from Stacey M: "Our Battery Charger does list the Output as 100-240V."
INPUT on the charger says 110 ~ 240 or 110 only?

I stopped my attempts to pick up analogue charging. Universal Charging give 1 or 1.5 amps, 1.2 can not be found. Having only one battery and living in the deep:rockon:europe ( I mean delivery of new battery will take "long time") very high risk to kill the battery faster through overcharge or undercharge.
Transformer - $ 20 or adapter - $ 3!
Sarah C. vs Stacey M. !!

Last edited by a moderator:
AnnaHigh,
Reactions: mckeen

DannyVi

With a nice packed bowl of good bud im getting like 8 nice hits and anyone where from 10-15 extra, never the same amount. I just cut it off when it tastes bad. But I do get 20+ each time I'd say. But I do have some really good bud right now so that might be helping. Loving this thing so far two bowls and im at a good high.

Raskin666

Doom Walrus
I read this entire Firefly thread as well as a fair amount of the Ascent thread, and every review on the internet, as I have been torn between the two. I finally went for it yesterday and ordered the Firefly. I indulge mostly alone, sometimes with bandmates, and almost never travel with things of the nature. My primary interests being efficiency, taste, quality, and simplicity, the Firefly wins. The customer service and the fact that they honor their warranty so well is a bit of integrity that I can get behind. Should be shipping out today, and hopefully arriving soon! Can't wait. I will eventually be buying a desktop vape for when I have company, but I have been watching the portables for a while now without seeing one that I really was interested in until the Firefly. Very glad to see how positive everyone's experience with it has been. Will certainly report in my experience with my new Gray Firefly!

Shiggity

My only complaint is that the battery and charger cost 85 additional and we would all like to have an additional battery and charger. It would be mitigated by having a larger battery or if you could charge and vape concurrently. That being said I have not run out of battery using it for myself, but when I get up the courage to tell my girlfriend I bought it and have her try it with me I don't want it to run out of gas.

Other than that I find this piece to be just mesmerizing so I guess I will have to just suck it up and order the batt and charger. And maybe a red top for my dark grey FF at the same time. If they would offer a charger battery combo for 60 I would think that would be fair. 55 for just a charger with no cord is pushing it.

The fit and finish on this piece is phenomenal. I love all the rounded corners and the metallic flake in the paint. I love the porthole and applaud their decision to include it. I love seeing the glow start in the bowl through that wonderful window. Especially in a totally dark room! I use the button like a carb as many others here do. I push the button and start drawing when I see that glow, 10 seconds in I let go and pull in for about 2-3 seconds more. Nirvana.

I love the magnetic top and how it forms the air channels which are so easy to clean! I love the switch on the side to turn it on and off and that it will auto shutoff after awhile. The bag it comes in is very nice as well and the original packaging is artful and cool. I was on the fence about the Pax and the FF and am so happy to have gone with the FF. I just don't think I would caress the pax as much as I do the elegant lines of the FF, it is like a device you would see in a futuristic movie and say, "Damn I want that now!" Except in the movie it would be powered by a hydrogen fuel cell or cold fusion.

Plus a portable convection device I can just leave my material in and it is not going to heat away all the good stuff when I am not drawing on it anymore. Reaching for it an hour later and having it still be a great taste is something I will not be willing to part with.

Plus, my forum name is Shiggity. That was my party name about 20 years ago. I used to smoke and use a technique called "the Shiggity Flip" I would leave just a small bit of stem on the back of a flower and use that stem as a handle to turn my flower several times and keep getting fresh green hits. I am sure I am not the only person in the world that did it but people who partook with me coined the name. I do that with the FF as well but just use a smaller piece of stem. It sits against the corner of the window which is perfect! Not only can I turn it with ease but the pressure against the window keeps the flower firmly seated in the glass bowl! The "Shiggity Flip" is alive and well again for me!

Un Prophete

My only complaint is that the battery and charger cost 85 additional and we would all like to have an additional battery and charger. It would be mitigated by having a larger battery or if you could charge and vape concurrently. That being said I have not run out of battery using it for myself, but when I get up the courage to tell my girlfriend I bought it and have her try it with me I don't want it to run out of gas.

Other than that I find this piece to be just mesmerizing so I guess I will have to just suck it up and order the batt and charger. And maybe a red top for my dark grey FF at the same time. If they would offer a charger battery combo for 60 I would think that would be fair. 55 for just a charger with no cord is pushing it.

The fit and finish on this piece is phenomenal. I love all the rounded corners and the metallic flake in the paint. I love the porthole and applaud their decision to include it. I love seeing the glow start in the bowl through that wonderful window. Especially in a totally dark room! I use the button like a carb as many others here do. I push the button and start drawing when I see that glow, 10 seconds in I let go and pull in for about 2-3 seconds more. Nirvana.

I love the magnetic top and how it forms the air channels which are so easy to clean! I love the switch on the side to turn it on and off and that it will auto shutoff after awhile. The bag it comes in is very nice as well and the original packaging is artful and cool. I was on the fence about the Pax and the FF and am so happy to have gone with the FF. I just don't think I would caress the pax as much as I do the elegant lines of the FF, it is like a device you would see in a futuristic movie and say, "Damn I want that now!" Except in the movie it would be powered by a hydrogen fuel cell or cold fusion.

Plus a portable convection device I can just leave my material in and it is not going to heat away all the good stuff when I am not drawing on it anymore. Reaching for it an hour later and having it still be a great taste is something I will not be willing to part with.

Plus, my forum name is Shiggity. That was my party name about 20 years ago. I used to smoke and use a technique called "the Shiggity Flip" I would leave just a small bit of stem on the back of a flower and use that stem as a handle to turn my flower several times and keep getting fresh green hits. I am sure I am not the only person in the world that did it but people who partook with me coined the name. I do that with the FF as well but just use a smaller piece of stem. It sits against the corner of the window which is perfect! Not only can I turn it with ease but the pressure against the window keeps the flower firmly seated in the glass bowl! The "Shiggity Flip" is alive and well again for me!

It appears that they are still honoring the premium package (battery and external charger for $35 I believe), if one mentions it and this forum. As a matter of fact, I was chatting with Stacey last night, and she provided the customer service number to call in the order, but of course I didn't write it down, and the chat function is not up on the website right now. Might anyone have that number handy? Cheers

Foghorne

Hi All,

My first post...to thank everyone for all the great feedback...for my first vape.

I was able to get the premium package after mentioning it on chat with Stacey yesterday. Their hours are 10am - 7pm pt so no chat till they open. 206-651-3900

Un Prophete

Just followed suit and talked to Sarah and ordered my very first portable vape (only my second overall -- love my Plenty but I need something on the go) and the premium package. Went with the red - just a heads up, I was debating between the red and the black, until I was informed that what appears to be a shiny jet black on the website is actually a dark gray. Just in case anyone else thought the same. Anyhow, I'll be eagerly awaiting that FedEx truck, like the rest of you!

Shiggity

Sarah C at firefly has to be the best customer service rep that exists in the industry. She bends over backwards for you and does it with a truly pleasant tone! She is helpful to a fault and makes sure that she has all the correct info. The folks at FF need to make sure she never leaves!

fbrinsley

franklin
Just followed suit and talked to Sarah and ordered my very first portable vape (only my second overall -- love my Plenty but I need something on the go) and the premium package. Went with the red - just a heads up, I was debating between the red and the black, until I was informed that what appears to be a shiny jet black on the website is actually a dark gray. Just in case anyone else thought the same. Anyhow, I'll be eagerly awaiting that FedEx truck, like the rest of you!
yeah when it came time to pick color sarah twisted my arm into grey. i guess they ship out of vegas and as i'm in tucson i'm hoping for a killer weekend. and if i can get my blinky solo battery sorted i'll be doubly.. this FF vape btw, anyone rig a H2O attatchment yet?

Shiggity

I actually love the dark grey. It has a nice tone and I love the flake in it. I cant imagine wanting to add a H20 attachment since the vapor is so cool and flavorful. I feel like the water would just steal some of my vapor.

hoyo77

holy g maneez. you guys just forced me to give $300 to sarah on the phone. glad i called to get the premium package. now i wait. this firefly should compliment my solo that my wife has commandeered. do i really need another vaporizer? why not?
Forced????? My whole experience with FF reminded me of going to the Teavana Tea shop in the mall. You go in and before you know it you start buying teas. After my convo with Sarah the credit card came out all on its on and i swear it read the numbers to her....i was not high...i promise i was not high...lol

My BABY has arrived....so pretty and red..she on the charger now...i cannot wait!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Un Prophete

I actually love the dark grey. It has a nice tone and I love the flake in it. I cant imagine wanting to add a H20 attachment since the vapor is so cool and flavorful. I feel like the water would just steal some of my vapor.

Oh I'm sure it's beautiful. It just appears very black on the website, and I actually thought it would be quite fitting. Sort of the jet black Cadillac as opposed to the cherry red Corvette. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer it at some point.

On another note, maybe someone with experience in these matters could chime in, but I'm wondering how the firefly (or similar device) would do against a metal detector/security at, say, a concert or sporting event? Risky?

Un Prophete,

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
Oh I'm sure it's beautiful. It just appears very black on the website, and I actually thought it would be quite fitting. Sort of the jet black Cadillac as opposed to the cherry red Corvette. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer it at some point.

On another note, maybe someone with experience in these matters could chime in, but I'm wondering how the firefly (or similar device) would do against a metal detector/security at, say, a concert or sporting event? Risky?
Very risky indeed. I have stainless in my back and titanium in my neck, the back sets of all the scanners. The Firefly is a metal case. Without a doubt it would set off the metal detectors.

Foghorne

Very risky indeed. I have stainless in my back and titanium in my neck, the back sets of all the scanners. The Firefly is a metal case. Without a doubt it would set off the metal detectors.
I agree.

But, is this type of device restricted from a concert? It is not illegal. Then you would have fun explaining what it is standing in line at the concert with your Firefly and 8 batteries.

Un Prophete

I agree.

But, is this type of device restricted from a concert? It is not illegal. Then you would have fun explaining what it is standing in line at the concert with your Firefly and 8 batteries.

Yea, I was thinking more along these lines. I mean, as long as it is probably empty at the time, it should be fine.

Un Prophete,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom